• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Branson

Hmmmm you shouldn't be having trouble hitting it if you got the accuracy skill and have offensive stance...It won't matter too much, but if you want to increase your time to growth ratio, I'd advise switching after you plant all those probes. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter.

What do you mean my growth ratio? Like the amount of XP Im getting to level up will be higher with other factions?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What do you mean my growth ratio? Like the amount of XP Im getting to level up will be higher with other factions?
Nah, it's only for BLADE levels, but yeah, after all the probes are set down, the amount of points you consistently get is severely hampered.

So I'm currently doing Murderess's 2nd affinity mission. Could someone tell me where the research data is? I ended going to Primadoria first which locked me into finding the guy I'm looking for.

What's a good setup to get 100k storage from Noctilum without having to use up all the boosters and duplicators?

I like my revenue from Oblivia too much to remove them :(

Have 82k from this, what can I shuffle:

MCZOwHT.jpg

random25

So I'm currently doing Murderess's 2nd affinity mission. Could someone tell me where the research data is? I ended going to Primadoria first which locked me into finding the guy I'm looking for.

I think that's in Noctilum.

What's a good setup to get 100k storage from Noctilum without having to use up all the boosters and duplicators?

I'm not an expert here but maybe you can try swapping the booster and storage probes on the lower left and see if it can generate you more storage. Maybe sacrifice that one research probe and put there a storage probe to make a 5-chain storage. You can swap it with the storage probe on the top that will also chain 3 rank-4 research probes.

Neiteio

Any good GIFs out there that capture the amazing environments of this game? Might be good for my giant GOTY post. Or are we not supposed to put GIFs in those?

Clov

Where exactly is Irina's third heart-to-heart event? Is there something else I need to trigger it other than completing the previous two?

I'm not an expert here but maybe you can try swapping the booster and storage probes on the lower left and see if it can generate you more storage. Maybe sacrifice that one research probe and put there a storage probe to make a 5-chain storage. You can swap it with the storage probe on the top that will also chain 3 rank-4 research probes.

Yeah swapping the bottom left ones upped it to 88k, then moving the one from the very top to make a 5 chain got it to 92k.

Still not 100k though, so might have to take a G2 booster from Oblivia and swap it :(

random25

Yeah swapping the bottom left ones upped it to 88k, then moving the one from the very top to make a 5 chain got it to 92k.

Still not 100k though, so might have to take a G2 booster from Oblivia and swap it :(

Almost...

Yeah, replacing one of the G1 boosters being sandwiched by 2 duplicator probes with a G2 might do the trick.

How do you unlock augments? Wanted to beef myself up but I haven't even unlocked the Art Gain TP and Weapon Power Up XX ones.

Almost...

Yeah, replacing one of the G1 boosters being sandwiched by 2 duplicator probes with a G2 might do the trick.

Yeah, knocked my revenue down 40k but I have 108k storage now.

Branson

Nah, it's only for BLADE levels, but yeah, after all the probes are set down, the amount of points you consistently get is severely hampered.
Ok thanks. I should change once I get all of the probes down because once I do being a pathfinder is useless? Sorry I literally just started tonight. Really liking it though.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Kind of feel like I've hit the ceiling with the game.

I'm about to start Chapter 10, and my 3 mains have level 30 Skells, but looking into the future as far as the game goes, I feel like my next set of goals (becoming powerful enough to take on the toughest tyrants, etc) is just so far off that I'm losing steam. I've enjoyed my time with the game, don't get me wrong, I just think I've gotten all the enjoyment I can out of the game and it's time to move on. Anyone else hit a similar point before finishing the game?

random25

Using a nunchuck art with the Ares 90 makes my MC go Bruce Lee lol. I thought I was hearing things. Makes me want to play with different voice actors and hear what they say in different situations.

And I just realized after maining H.B. that all he does is SUPERIOR. Trash Talk? Pffft. SUPERIOR Trash Talk! Decoy Round? SUPERIOR Decoy Round! lmao

Malus

Kind of feel like I've hit the ceiling with the game.

I'm about to start Chapter 10, and my 3 mains have level 30 Skells, but looking into the future as far as the game goes, I feel like my next set of goals (becoming powerful enough to take on the toughest tyrants, etc) is just so far off that I'm losing steam. I've enjoyed my time with the game, don't get me wrong, I just think I've gotten all the enjoyment I can out of the game and it's time to move on. Anyone else hit a similar point before finishing the game?

I did, about 140 hours of playtime ago :p.

I remember farming for Ares 90 and thinking, "maybe a while from now I'll pick the game back up again and farm the rest of the stuff."

JUST 80 MORE GAS SACS AND THOSE AUGMENTS ARE MINE

Ventara

Oh wow! I completely forgot about the Scout Console! I recruited 3 well-geared lv60 guys and now most things are a joke!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I did, about 140 hours of playtime ago :p.

I remember farming for Ares 90 and thinking, "maybe a while from now I'll pick the game back up again and farm the rest of the stuff."

JUST 80 MORE GAS SACS AND THOSE AUGMENTS ARE MINE
Is the Ares 90 a Skell? A level 90 Skell?! How do you farm it?

One of the biggest annoyances I have with the game is the clunkyness in the combat.

I hate trying to pull an enemy and have them just start spamming ranged attacks, even through walls!

I hope in the next game they redo the combat from the ground up.

Golnei

Speaking of walls, they really should have tried to make sure you never have to fight in tight spaces - the current system tends to show a lot of limitations there. The parts of the water purification plant and mining frigate where party members and enemies regularly fly off the edges are just about justifiable as intentional decisions, even if they are frustrating; but all the times where enemies are sent flying through walls and can only be reached by ranged arts from a specific spot until they're pushed completely out of range are really annoying. Chapter 11's corridors were really bad in that regard, especially since walking out of the enemies' attack radius is enough to respawn them all again.

TheMoon

Any good GIFs out there that capture the amazing environments of this game? Might be good for my giant GOTY post. Or are we not supposed to put GIFs in those?

just go with the old ones from the trailers. they did the job just fine for us :D

Chapter 11
I was a bit overleveled for this chapter so it almost felt like cheating when I rushed into the castle, alarms blaring and enemy backup pouring in, yet no one would aggro me and I was able to just walk by

Neiteio

The combat is great fun, but yeah, the game can be finicky about range sometimes, or even locking onto a target. (I sometimes have to adjust the camera and click R + A several times before the game locks on) But ultimately I can overlook it as a quirk of the system. Experience is greater than the sum of its parts. :)

MCZOwHT.jpg

If you have a booster II, place it inbetween the two duplicators on the bottom. You should cross 100k or at least get really close to it.

random25

H.B. with Mia:

H.B.: Follow my example, Mia, and you'll go far.
Mia: Yes Sir! Almost as far as that stick up your butt...

Slayed.

Ulysses 31

Using a nunchuck art with the Ares 90 makes my MC go Bruce Lee lol. I thought I was hearing things. Makes me want to play with different voice actors and hear what they say in different situations.

Is that the same voice that says: "Oo baby, this is hot!" when entering a multiplayer room? >.>

Omzz

Was that last affinity mission of elma
when she flashes back part of the original reveal trailer? That skell looked like it at least. If so, cool

Yep. I think it's the rebel option.

Makes me wanna try the joker type next to see his quirky dialogue.

My character's a woman and I chose the soldier voice (I think that's what it's called) and it's a pain in the hole when trying to emote in multiplayer rooms. Every single option is some variant of 'Hurry up!'. Want to say hi? "Come on!" is the closest you're going to get. Waving, greeting, everything you could use to say hello to other players makes me look like an impatient asshole.

Top Bottom