• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

random25

Well, if you get digital you won't need any further data packs to download. Also you won't have to hear the disc tray whirring away every other couple of seconds. Seriously, this game is gonna break my Wii U lol.

Got the nopon one. I guess I'm missing the
cat people
lol.

Didn't even know they were gonna make stuff. I guess there
somewhere in Oblivia if that chapter 9 cutscenes
is supposed to be a hint?

How do you check a chain and see what comes next? Or is that not a thing? :/

You need to finish Chapter 10 and an affinity quest will open for the final arms manufacturer.
I'm assuming you're missing the Six Stars shop.

Well, if you get digital you won't need any further data packs to download. Also you won't have to hear the disc tray whirring away every other couple of seconds. Seriously, this game is gonna break my Wii U lol.

Got the nopon one. I guess I'm missing the
cat people
lol.

Didn't even know they were gonna make stuff. I guess there
somewhere in Oblivia if that chapter 9 cutscenes
is supposed to be a hint?

There's a subquest chain where you
Take them an invitation from the president to form an alliance, and there's a pretty tough fight (if you stay on foot).

Oh I been meaning to ask this for a while when the
alien ship parked in NLA
it said another shop would be available where the rest are outside the Blade Barracks but I've not seen it there at all so far. Does it need to be triggered somehow?

alien ship parked in NLA
it said another shop would be available where the rest are outside the Blade Barracks but I've not seen it there at all so far. Does it need to be triggered somehow?

Basically means the regular shop now sells new items made by the new arms manufacturer

Somnid

alien ship parked in NLA

In the Arm manufacturer terminal there is a new one.

HeroR

Just did the A False Hope quest. That went dark in a hurry. Humans will be humans even when they're fighting for survival and all I can think is, 'poor Hope'.

Nia

Throughout my videogame career I've suffered a lot of losses, but nothing...NOTHING can compare to what just happened with the final boss. I have become despair incarnate. So much so there is only emptiness.

You had one job Elma. ONE JOB. We would have won...I will see to it she suffers for this.

jmizzal

lmao this cat is trying to fight this thing

PvCrAHV.jpg

-Horizon-

I don't think that's a thing, but when you finish an affinity quest, your FrontierNav will update with the next one in the chain (most of the time at least). For that particular one the quest following Spy Games is called "Prospective partners" and I think it's in the barracks.
I'll give the barracks a look through tomorrow then, the quest should be there since I did the spy game one

You need to finish Chapter 10 and an affinity quest will open for the final arms manufacturer.
I'm assuming you're missing the Six Stars shop.
aww what :/

And yeah, that's a name I don't recognize so I guess that's the missing one

There's a subquest chain where you
Take them an invitation from the president to form an alliance, and there's a pretty tough fight (if you stay on foot).
I'll keep my mechs close then.

rhandino

Banned
Ummm just started Hope affinity quests... always saw her outside the church and expected something dark and terrible but she is actually a nice person and I love to have another +Psycorruptor.

So far my fav characters beyond Queen Elma and Princess Lin are Phog, Yelv and H.B.

You all can keep Celica, why her and not that badass Rock T_T.

Speaking of, his race is Gaur which is screwing with my head just like the other references to the previous game like some items in the Collectopedia and every time a Nopon speaks about Mira and its origins...

Jims

The beginning of Chapter 11. There are no words to describe how stupid every character is in the game.

I thought Elma basically had everything figured out and he would just sit in his tube, or people would, you know, actually watch him. Everything seemed fine. They even allude to the fact that Lao is super sketchy at the end of that chapter. It's established, he's in a tube, everyone knows about it. But NOOOOOOOOOO. Instead Elma says basically nothing about her suspicions and no one in New Los Angeles can put two and two together to figure out what happened in Chapter 9. Lao literally walks our team into a trap and no one besides Elma thinks, HEY, MAYBE THERE'S SOMETHING UP WITH LAO. These people are so stupid they deserve to go extinct.

I officially hate everyone.

Ugh after finding out what happens if you kill
Fortun
, I kinda regret letting her live. I mean her interactions with Professor B are great and her shit talking followed by ass kissing are really entertaining. But the
Definian Love
mission sounds awesome.

Definian Love does sound awesome, but I like having Fortun stuck on top of Blade Tower and scared of the wind and heights, begging to be brought down

I was talking to Chadboban about this in PMs, but my GOODNESS is Noctilum AMAZING.

The scene: Nopon Braidbridge. Down below. Nighttime in Noctilum. The trees are glowing green. The air is filled with purple pollen and golden fireflies. A mossy tree spirals skyward, lined with warmly glowing lanterns. Great apes sit atop oversized stumps and fungi in the shade of the canopy.

Everything is magic.

Elsewhere in the wood: Thunderous waterfalls girdled by giant vines. Fields of blue grass under a pastel pink sky. Prehistoric marshlands wreathed in steamy fog. Deer-like creatures sipping nectar out of massive flowers. Plants that glow like red neon signs.

Wow wow wow wow wow wow.

And all of this, coming off of exploration of the Primordian highlands, climbing an ominous skull-like mountain (Unicorn Peak?) and seeing ruins on the cliffs below, and winding my way along the serpentine path, blindsided by one breathtaking, gravity-defying rock formation after another, and drop-offs so high that it'd take an eternity to reach the bottom.

And in this game, you can safely do just that, since there's no fall damage!

The game just compels you onward and onward and onward. I've been playing for many hours already, yet Primordia is just at 25% surveyed, while Noctilum and Sylvalum are in the mid-teens. And I haven't even arrived in the other two continents yet.

I keep finding caves. Some of them go forever. One was swarming with Grexes several times my level. I snuck past all of them and looted a ton of material.

I like the emergent "maze" formed by all of the high-level monsters. Some are alert and roaming; others are sound asleep. Some strand at bottlenecks and straight-up bar you from continuing, but in most cases you can weave a fine line between them and slip past unnoticed, or run away if you are.

This game has, straight up, the coolest-looking bestiary I've ever seen. Bloodborne had many amazing monsters, but stuff like the tall elephants and fat angler fish flying around the lake in Sylvalum is just out of this world (pun intended). I wish there was a dedicated screenshot button like on the PS4. I'm too impatient to fiddle with the HUD and Home --> Internet Browser --> Abload.de. The wilderness begs to be explored!

I thought there was only one way up to the Nopon Braid Bridge but after exploring Noctilum on foot, I found so many pathways that lead there. I just love how all these things come together. So much care and thought went into the landmarks.

Noctilum at night is absolutely amazing.

random25

150h in and this is the first time I'm seeing this huge mf. D:

R5vNKde.jpg

That thing and all of its counterparts in Cauldros have ridiculous range. It took me like 1/4 of the continent to get away and it still reached me lol.

aww what :/

And yeah, that's a name I don't recognize so I guess that's the missing one

The name of the affinity quest is A Challenger Approaches. It will be in the barracks in case you missed it.

Ugh after finding out what happens if you kill
Fortun
, I kinda regret letting her live. I mean her interactions with Professor B are great and her shit talking followed by ass kissing are really entertaining. But the
Definian Love
mission sounds awesome.
ive seen enough Terminator to know letting her live is a bad idea
anyways guys im gonna finally get Mia and hopefully beat the game tonight
then onto postgame

Golnei

I get why people might not like XBC as much because gods are cliche in JRPGs, but I goddamn love stories about gods. SMT is my favourite RPG series for many reasons, but that's one of them.

Though there's a fairly large difference in focus between SMT's occult underpinnings and the incredibly boring way most JRPGs include gods, as context-less opponents included to wrap up the story; rather than having a more interesting relationship to the narrative and setting. Something which includes them from the start and uses them well in their underlying concept is one thing, but too often they just lead to situations where the entire scenario would be better off without them.

Phog's "I don't belong in a battlefield..." it's funny when you consider that his signature art is Rising Sky which lets him do some crazy acrobatics mixing a series of kicks that raise the enemies from the ground.

He belongs on the stage. Gen'ei Ibunroku χBLADE will presumably display those skills in their proper context during the final musical sequence.

Though there's a fairly large difference in focus between SMT's occult underpinnings and the incredibly boring way most JRPGs include gods, as context-less opponents included to wrap up the story; rather than having a more interesting relationship to the narrative and setting. Something which includes them from the start and uses them well in their underlying concept is one thing, but too often they just lead to situations where the entire scenario would be better off without them.

Of course. I liked XBC's use of it in its premise and story, though.
Well, until you learned their actual personalities and motivations, anyway... That could have been handled better.

If you're throwing in anything major without proper setup, its going to harm the writing.

Dimmle

So how exactly does mining probe income collect? If my production value is 20,000, what does that mean? 20,000 per hour?

Any general tips for saving up for a level 50 skell?

Ventara

lol. Doing a mission where I gotta go
Nagi
. One of the dialogue options is
Mutiny: Claim that you are the new defense secretary now

I spoilered it just in case, but it's not much of a spoiler. Just some side mission.

150h in and this is the first time I'm seeing this huge mf. D:

R5vNKde.jpg

Oh WHAAAAAAAAAAA? To me, the sheer scale of the enemies is one of the reasons XBX is spectacular. Up to this point, the
HUGE Sandworm
in Oblivia made me audibly shout "Holy SHIT!" when I was roaming around. Go-rha was really just the tip of the iceberg. This game is really great at conveying a sense of terrifying awe, especially with the enemies. It's something I haven't experience in a game since the bosses of Dark Souls.

I really really really hope there's more instances like this up to the end and even post-game. I did get kind of spoiled (as I don't know their exact locations) on
Telethia the Endbringer, and another immense tyrant
in Primordia. I can't wait to finish chapter 9 so I can start poking a stick at whatever is lurking inside that Sylvanium Sphere.

Everything is magic.

I couldn't have said that better myself!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
lol. Doing a mission where I gotta go
Nagi
. One of the dialogue options is
Mutiny: Claim that you are the new defense secretary now

I spoilered it just in case, but it's not much of a spoiler. Just some side mission.
Did you choose it?

Nealuigi

Neo Member
So I'm not far at all in the main game so don't spoil if you can. My question is can I get the original armour that party characters have when you first get them?

Because I didn't know you could change what the characters looked like they wore and be able to equip better equipment. Before I found this out I sold armour that characters started with and looked really cool in. Now Elma has all random armour and Lin is missing a sleeve.

So I'm not far at all in the main game so don't spoil if you can. My question is can I get the original armour that party characters have when you first get them?

Because I didn't know you could change what the characters looked like they wore and be able to equip better equipment. Before I found this out I sold armour that characters started with and looked really cool in. Now Elma has all random armour and Lin is missing a sleeve.

Yeah, all their original gear has counterparts sold in the store, and with some color variants too.

Branson

Just played for 4 hours tonight and got to the end of chapter 3. About how long do I have left? JK i know its like 70 more hours. Anyway, does it matter which group I join? I joined the pathfinders because dropping some of those sweet sweet probes seem important. I guess. Idk the game just dumped like 100 things on me after that chapter.

Can I get some tips on slaying very high level tyrants on foot? Ares can't come into the smaller caves with me. I use Dual Guns/Longsword and can usually kill anything up to maybe level 70 with some planning, but the level 88 tyrant in the Vitriol Cesspool is wrecking my shit, even after crafting a bunch of accuracy up augments and trying to use Ghostwalker.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can I get some tips on slaying very high level tyrants on foot? Ares can't come into the smaller caves with me. I use Dual Guns/Longsword and can usually kill anything up to maybe level 70 with some planning, but the level 88 tyrant in the Vitriol Cesspool is wrecking my shit, even after crafting a bunch of accuracy up augments and trying to use Ghostwalker.
Hmmmm you shouldn't be having trouble hitting it if you got the accuracy skill and have offensive stance...
Just played for 4 hours tonight and got to the end of chapter 3. About how long do I have left? JK i know its like 70 more hours. Anyway, does it matter which group I join? I joined the pathfinders because dropping some of those sweet sweet probes seem important. I guess. Idk the game just dumped like 100 things on me after that chapter.
It won't matter too much, but if you want to increase your time to growth ratio, I'd advise switching after you plant all those probes. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter.

Ulysses 31

A couple of 100% weapon attack XX augs really speed up the fight.

Malus

I crafted 3 art tp gain up for the ether blossom dance build and made short work of him.

Top Bottom