• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

DJMicLuv

I took a screenshot with my phone.

I asked on NeoGAF... I had one letter wrong.

In other Kamurocho news...I squeaked when I saw Kaz's unfinished tattoo. Sticking with Brawler at the moment because it's really how I'm used to playing with Kiryu but I've just got Beast style and it's quite appealing. Bacchus is fantastic, his voice samples are perfect. It was great to see Kamurocho back before the developments. Disco dancing is awesome. Good to see another film-director sub-story, I think there's been one in every game so far. I'm really enjoying the story so far, and knowing Yakuza this is just the start of the madness.

In general it's another Yakuza game with all the things I love about the series, the swerves in tone from the main story to the sub stories are all still there, all the elements are there and seeing the game in 1080p60 is a treat. Seeing so many newcomers to the game is a treat too, I've loved this series since the first game but it's always been a pain for people to jump in on the series until now. With two more titles coming in the next 12 months or so it's a great time to be a fan and the future's bright. Ishin for 2018!

IrishNinja

damn, i'm early on in chapter 2 but no idea what to do with $$

i have 3 fighting styles & bought up like everything that's not a distant 30 mill, bought up a ton of healing items & some armor (though substoreis seem to be bringing better stuff), just making sure i don't get caught slipping with mr shakedown since literally the intro fight - where i thought i had at least half my health!- dude trucked me and stomped me out in seconds.

ebisu pawn offers some wallet to hide money so i guess that's something...i'm really taking my time with subplots & just exploring like usual, but plot wise i just bought booze for a bunch of picky bums.

also: is anyone else sad about the lack of coin lockers?

Ultimadrago

Need some help on Chapter 5:
I'm supposed to pass time for the office to be cleaned, so I'm guessing I need to find Oe and drink with him. Problem is, I forgot where we were supposed to be drinking!

Conezays

damn, i'm early on in chapter 2 but no idea what to do with $$

i have 3 fighting styles & bought up like everything that's not a distant 30 mill, bought up a ton of healing items & some armor (though substoreis seem to be bringing better stuff), just making sure i don't get caught slipping with mr shakedown since literally the intro fight - where i thought i had at least half my health!- dude trucked me and stomped me out in seconds.

ebisu pawn offers some wallet to hide money so i guess that's something...i'm really taking my time with subplots & just exploring like usual, but plot wise i just bought booze for a bunch of picky bums.

also: is anyone else sad about the lack of coin lockers?

Yeah, I noticed the lockers being gone as well; haven't seen others mention it. There are some other collectables though.

Is there any other use to those plates? Got some ruby plates but don't want to sell them only to find out I need them for something else later on :p

Nope, they're only there to sell. Plates are a Yakuza series staple, although ruby plates are new to this entry I believe. Normally plates are more helpful when it's not as easy to amass millions of yen as it is in 0.

Need some help on Chapter 5:
I'm supposed to pass time for the office to be cleaned, so I'm guessing I need to find Oe and drink with him. Problem is, I forgot where we were supposed to be drinking!
Serena. It's a bar at the bottom-left corner of the map.

It's also a classic spot and sort of a homebase for Kiryu in all the subsequent games.

IrishNinja

Yeah, I noticed the lockers being gone as well; haven't seen others mention it. There are some other collectables though.

yeah so far i'm finding phone cards, but only the obvious ones - i know if i actually go in first person mode more i'd prolly find others

Nope, they're only there to sell. Plates are a Yakuza series staple, although ruby plates are new to this entry I believe. Normally plates are more helpful when it's not as easy to amass millions of yen as it is in 0.

Alright, good to know. Thanks!

yeah so far i'm finding phone cards, but only the obvious ones - i know if i actually go in first person mode more i'd prolly find others

Wait, there's a first person mode?

brawly

I don't understand the dancing. I hit the buttons in time but half the time it says "bad". Why?

boo'd off the stage lol

Just had the opening cutscene for chapter 3. The Cabaret introduction.

That's the coolest thing I've seen in a videogame in a long time.

Foffy

Banned
Is there a guide for the video cards? I've found a handful, but it came to my attention that
they unlock in an order
, so having a guide to follow would help deeply. :p

When you are standing still you can click R3 to look around in first person

click the right stick! yeah, the game doesn't usually tell you everything, haha

Cool, I'll be sure to try that out next play session.

I don't understand the dancing. I hit the buttons in time but half the time it says "bad". Why?

boo'd off the stage lol

The timing is pretty specific. To get the best score, you have to press the button as soon as the squares perfectly fit in eachother.

Menitta

That disco game is awesome! It's really difficult to get extra steps. I try subdividing but it's still really challenging. Super fun!

Wait until you have to beat the best dancer in a duel. I'm pretty sure that guy cheats :p

I'm having a hard time with the disco stuff. Just can't seem to nail down that timing. I do like the risk/reward of going for extra steps though.

It's nice playing this game in English for a change!

i noticed in Outrun the car model is different from when i played it in the arcade.

especially on stage 2A it the angle of it is very awkward and doesn't look right.

DC1

is there a point to the gold/silver plates? The pawn shop will buy them, but for a piddly ass amount of money.
They are typically the main form of revenue in all prior Yakuza titles. The exorbitant Cash flow from shakedowns and general missions make them useless.

Further... Fishing was so much better in the other titles as well.

Ultimadrago

My first Rainbow Item from the Million Yen Dream machine and it's gears for Pocket Racers, *sigh*.

Oh well, shouldn't knock it till I've tried it. I'll check it out later.

JJShadow

My first Rainbow Item from the Million Yen Dream machine and it's gears for Pocket Racers, *sigh*.

Oh well, shouldn't knock it till I've tried it. I'll check it out later.

Rainbow is the top grade, right? How many millions did you spend to get it? These machines are addictive, bro

Is Outrun only available with Majima? Didn't seem to see it in the arcade in Kamurocho.

It's also available for Kyriu, can't tell you now the exact location of the arcade but you can play all SEGA games with both of them

EndMerit

About 27 hours in, I'm still at chapter 2. Aside of searching and completing sidequests, I've spent alot of time and money on Pocket Racing track. I got the best engine and gears from vending machines before I even started racing, so instead of tuning my car to be fast enough to win, I've often had to focus to it being balanced enough to stay on track.

Just ran into Mr. Shakedown for the third time while writing this. Apparently he bought a mountain...

DJMicLuv

This thread is only about 100 posts shy of being bigger than the Yakuza Community thread.

It looks like Y0 is a big moment for the franchise in the West.

shandy706

Mmmmmmmm
yakuza0_20170126210323jsdu.png

yakuza0_20170124210553wslf.png

giphy.gif

Top Bottom