• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

went to black jack high stakes with 1.5m yens. Got good hands, won many chips. Sold all the platnium plates I exchanged. Got 7m now.

save.

Transfer to Sunshine. Get trophy.

Load save.

SPEND 7M ON HOSTESSES YEEEEEEEAH

MYeager

went to black jack high stakes with 1.5m yens. Got good hands, won many chips. Sold all the platnium plates I exchanged. Got 7m now.

save.

Transfer to Sunshine. Get trophy.

Load save.

SPEND 7M ON HOSTESSES YEEEEEEEAH

This might be my favorite Yakuza related post.

gelf

I'm not into rhythm action games so I'd totally ignored the Karaoke in previous games as I assumed it wasn't for me, but since Saejima's chapter actually directed me there I gave it a go for once. I didn't realize the songs all cut off into a cheesy music video part way through! Seeing Saejima singing at a bar looking at old photos was hilarious. Not to mention his back up dancing and accompaniment for the song before that. "EVERYBODY SAY ROUGE OF LOOOVE".

I've obviously missed out not trying this before.

DeVeAn

Second part is just so many cut scenes. I want to play Kazuma still...I am still enjoying the story but I just want to smash skulls as Kiryu.

Clive

Having an issue with an optional part in in Haruka's chapter and I can't seem to find a solution.
I'm doing the missions for the cross-dressing hair stylist and she tells me to go to the parking lot in the south western part of town (has to be the one with the lockers, right?) and perform as myself and not the idol Haruka. I go there and absolutely nothing happens. How do I trigger this?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Having an issue with an optional part in in Haruka's chapter and I can't seem to find a solution.
I'm doing the missions for the cross-dressing hair stylist and she tells me to go to the parking lot in the south western part of town (has to be the one with the lockers, right?) and perform as myself and not the idol Haruka. I go there and absolutely nothing happens. How do I trigger this?

That's not the parking lot you go to. The one you want is just south of the leftmost bridge.

mrmyhthef

Alright, beat the game... good lord this plot really shits itself in the final part. Between all the crazy twists, awkward resolutions to some plot threads and the constant yammering about dreams in what feels like every other scene I couldn't take it seriously by the end. Some scenes are just frustratingly stupid
, the standout moment being the one atop Kamurocho Hills. That scene was a goddamn train wreck from beginning to end, starting out with Katsuya's absolutely boneheaded plan which only made the situation go from bad to worse (and he knew who it was the entire time) and ending with everyone popping outta nowhere to shoot each other. Felt like self-parody

The game's still pretty good overall but that finale really left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a shame, I liked the scale and ambition of the story (even if it caused some unfortunate pacing issues) but it didn't quite come together in the end.

Fuck Amon.

That is all.

Seriously, this fight is HORRIBLY designed. You can't stun at all, he grabs you constantly draining your HEAT, which you can do nothing about. He sets up times where there is no way to avoid tons of damage such as Red Heat + Ground heat move, it's simply not fun. Only way I have found to do any real damage is to tiger drop like mad, but occasionally I swear he pulls off impossible Tiger Drops of his own, I mean he tiger drops out of a recovery animation.

How many of Haruka's side
Idol
stuff you can do in
first chapter
?

I think I did
36 jobs
before I ran out of them and had to move on to next chapter so I wanted to know if I have to do something specific to unlock the rest of them or if progressing through the main story would do the trick.

I have just finished her first chapter so please beware of spoilers when you are answering.

Thanks.

Dio

Banned
Fuck Amon.

That is all.

Seriously, this fight is HORRIBLY designed. You can't stun at all, he grabs you constantly draining your HEAT, which you can do nothing about. He sets up times where there is no way to avoid tons of damage such as Red Heat + Ground heat move, it's simply not fun. Only way I have found to do any real damage is to tiger drop like mad, but occasionally I swear he pulls off impossible Tiger Drops of his own, I mean he tiger drops out of a recovery animation.

I just won against Amon myself, and beat the game. This was a fucking awesome game.

Here's my big tip for the final Amon: you can
run in circles around the arena and he will never catch you. When his red heat runs out, R1 target him and back away until he starts a combo. Tiger Drop his ass when he starts doing his combo - he only does super fast Tiger Drops when he's not in the middle of a combo. I was able to get through the entire fight at Level 22 this way.

I think they all unlock in chapter 4
Thanks.

Ah, so I have do more of main story before I can complete that. Do you know if it's the same with
Yogi (?)
trainings? He asked me to
preform a concert in parking lot to test my appeal
but I couldn't do it in the first chapter.

Do I need to get to chapter 4 to do those as well?

Squishy3

Thanks.

Ah, so I have do more of main story before I can complete that. Do you know if it's the same with
Yogi (?)
trainings? He asked me to
preform a concert in parking lot to test my appeal
but I couldn't do it in the first chapter.

Do I need to get to chapter 4 to do those as well?
It's probably a different parking lot than the one you thought. It's not the one in the bottom left corner.

I just won against Amon myself, and beat the game. This was a fucking awesome game.

Here's my big tip for the final Amon: you can
run in circles around the arena and he will never catch you. When his red heat runs out, R1 target him and back away until he starts a combo. Tiger Drop his ass when he starts doing his combo - he only does super fast Tiger Drops when he's not in the middle of a combo. I was able to get through the entire fight at Level 22 this way.

I'll have to try again tomorrow, going to bed. I did get the whole running away thing, then Tiger Dropping, but what is killing me now is his 2nd level red heat wherein he has flames around him when he dashes. It's nearly impossible for me to dodge.

Again though, I just hate that Tiger Drop is pretty much the only move that works in this fight. It's so damned boring.

It's probably a different parking lot than the one you thought. It's not the one in the bottom left corner.

He said it's on west street shofo- something something. The only parking lot I found there was the one with
lockers.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the street that he says but maybe I should look around other streets?

Dio

Banned
I'll have to try again tomorrow, going to bed. I did get the whole running away thing, then Tiger Dropping, but what is killing me now is his 2nd level red heat wherein he has flames around him when he dashes. It's nearly impossible for me to dodge.

Again though, I just hate that Tiger Drop is pretty much the only move that works in this fight. It's so damned boring.

Really?
If you stay on the edge of the arena and just keep running away, it's pretty much impossible for his flames and dashes to hit you unless you hesitate for a second or are running into walls. The flames also disappear before you reach them if you go in circles, too. If you're talking about the one that summons those rockets (the final FINAL phase of that) you can roll away right as they fly at you Dark Souls style and they won't hit you.

Squishy3

He said it's on west street shofo- something something. The only parking lot I found there was the one with
lockers.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the street that he says but maybe I should look around other streets?
There's another one to the north of it, it's on a street corner.

I was lost for a bit on this exact part. :lol

Clive

lockers.

I asked for help with the exact same part just a couple of hours ago and this description worked:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189588479&postcount=1915

Don't worry about the spoilers as you are in the exact same place and won't be spoiled.

Edit: Also, thank you Seraphis Cain for helping me out.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Watching the Giant bomb quick look. Austin's enthusiasm for the game is so infectious, they all seemed to really get a kick out of the game.

Hopefully there's a GBE Play Date for this later in the future.

kevin1025

Banned
I bought it even though I'm only on chapter 3 of Yakuza 3 so far. I'm in deep on this series now, and I can't wait to dive in more.

So, let's talk about hair hockey and how the girl get bigger cleavage in her kimono as she loose, is it to distract you ? To induce pity on you ? It doesn't seem to improve the " focus stare " heat gauge booster when the boobs are exposed lol

This comedian mini game is impossible. Like I don't understand, I push the response that makes sense the second he finishes talking and it says good response/fast timing but I still get 54 at the end :/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I legit had more trouble winning a game of pool in Shinada's training than with Haruka's comedy thing. You just need to keep trying and get the timing down.

74 3 times in a row, lol. This is harder than Amon.

And the timing is hard to get down when you don't know when the sentence is going to end because you don't know the language's sentence structures. Most of the sentences don't have any inflections either to let you know to do it. Just pure memorization :/

Each audition took me like 10 tries lol

Make sure you're going for Nice Response/Timing (you mentioned Good/Fast) for the most points. Good luck!

There's another one to the north of it, it's on a street corner.

I was lost for a bit on this exact part. :lol

I asked for help with the exact same part just a couple of hours ago and this description worked:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189588479&postcount=1915

Don't worry about the spoilers as you are in the exact same place and won't be spoiled.

Edit: Also, thank you Seraphis Cain for helping me out.

It's the parking lot next to Kamiyama Weapons and Komian
Thanks guys :)

revEvvO.gif

I got a text from Akuyi to dance some girl on the foot path but there are no girls there :/ Is that a dance story battle? Those are optional right so I have to find them? Have 2/6 at the moment.

Sgblues

I got a text from Akuyi to dance some girl on the foot path but there are no girls there :/ Is that a dance story battle? Those are optional right so I have to find them? Have 2/6 at the moment.

I think you need to have more than four dance wins after you get the e-mail, for
Maki
to show up

for each each e-mail to meet someone for a dance battle, the number goes up by two
so 4, 6, 8, 10

I've finally got around to finishing Kiryu's part, took me 20 hours in the end thanks to all the distractions in this game! Loved doing the taxi stuff again, though I wish there were a few more driving missions.

I love the way they end chapter 4 as well, with a
massive brawl at the docks. I remember this being my favourite set piece back in the day when playing through my Japanese copy. I'd forgotten just how many people you fight in the battle.

Oh, and I can't help but laugh at Kiryu dodging the missiles as if they were no threat at all, just casually swaying slightly to one side.

Can't wait to start Seijima's chapter, out of all of the "Another Drama" sections in this game I always preferred Seijima's hunting mini game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Want to play this, but I only previously experienced Y1/2 on PS2, so I jumped into 3 last night and put a few hours in. Still in the early throws doing Okinawa orphanage exposition stuff, which has been a slow buildup. About to set foot into the game proper finally though so I hope it picks up.

Really hate to jump ahead so it will probably be 2017 by the time I even touch Y5. Trying my best to mainline the games, but will dabble in side-activites through Y3/4 here and there for curiosity rather than completion. Besides, a trophy guide states it could easily take over 100 hours to earn the plat in Y3 alone given the severe requirement for collectibles, using every weapon pickup, trying every menu item, etc... sounds insane.

Also, hard difficulty in Y3 can be real rough against bosses. I am early in and have yet to level-up enough useful skills, but so far it is a real punch/dodge affair. Grabbing is pretty much useless against them(making Heat attacks impossible outside of weapon pickups or ground stomps). They block constantly and counter your combos with lightning efficiency, plus their HP is insane. Several early bosses just turn into attrition duels where dodging or blocking is the only road to victoly, which isn't exactly engaging given the capabilities Kiryu should have. But again, the early skill-ups don't offer much advantage against them. yet. Aside from dodging, the real challenge is keeping Kiryu from punching mid-air given how difficult it can be to keep lock anytime an enemy dodges. I expect the combat greatly improves in the sequels.

having just reached haruka's chapter, i feel the pacing in y5 is much worse than y4's. cutscene after cutscene after cutscene and this is compounded by how many of the text box conversations are voiced which makes it slightly slower to mash x to speed through . i'm also not sure having so many different cities was worth it given how undercooked they are. fukuoka's average but tsukimino is a cramped, small and boring--i blasted through saejima's final part as fast as i could.

Top Bottom