• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Shinada has the longest animations and it frustrates me. Everything takes so long and he has no good melee combos.

At least he has some funny sequences.

Squishy3

Shinada has the longest animations and it frustrates me. Everything takes so long and he has no good melee combos.

At least he has some funny sequences.
Shinada was one of my favorites to play as, he can later start pulling dudes back up after he throws them to the ground and get free hits in. Can't remember if that's part of his training or not, but I think it was.

that slow motion chase scene in ch. 2 was....something.

good chapter overall, but the town part should've been more fun to navigate. overall, i spent more time hunting than roaming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The ending of Saejima's part is like the most Yakuza chain of events in the history of Yakuza. Like they hit every trope of the series in one sequence.

Ok done. 93 hours, " only " 30,5% ish completion lol.

Done every race and taxi job with Kiryu, every komaki moves learn
Didn't do any hunt beside the one requiered with Saejima, also no training. Got bored super fast of his chapter and didn't felt like going back.
Haruka all job done, miss the last 2 dance battles of the side story.
Akiyama, bah, didn't felt like grinding the hostesses across all towns. All training with the merc done lol.
Shinada all done, master done, baseball done. Was fun and easy. His master the noble was a blast.

I don't feel like grinding more. Tons of food and mini game and coliseum to do but I already did much in 3 and 4 and I don't feel like doing it again.

I seriously consider booting Kenzan that is sitting on my shelf ever since I bought it in Tokyo back in 2010 but never had the courage to start it with a translated guide.

mabe tomorrow. The yakuza drought is already hitting me.

For upcoming Yakuza, make Kiryu retire. Or not. But give Akiyama much much more spot light. The best scene in the game are when they are being bros. Like when Kiryu and Akiyama care for Haruka or just jump kick some goons together. Saejima is not that interesting they needed to make him more anchored in the present with future perspective but it's still a character stuck in the past.

Kiryu need to retire. Or just stop pretending to take retirement and always come back.

I'm so curious about Majima in Zero after the revelations made in 5 about his past. I hope it will matter. Make Majima playable and a main protag in the future.

Hell, Shinada can come back, I LOVE his chemistry with his loan shark. They were great together.

For upcoming Yakuza, make Kiryu retire. Or not. But give Akiyama much much more spot light. The best scene in the game are when they are being bros. Like when Kiryu and Akiyama care for Haruka or just jump kick some goons together. Saejima is not that interesting they needed to make him more anchored in the present with future perspective but it's still a character stuck in the past.

Kiryu need to retire. Or just stop pretending to take retirement and always come back.

I'm so curious about Majima in Zero after the revelations made in 5 about his past. I hope it will matter. Make Majima playable and a main protag in the future.

Hell, Shinada can come back, I LOVE his chemistry with his loan shark. They were great together.

the loan shark is one hell of a bro

Tizoc

What I like about Shinada is how different he is to the prior protagonists of 4, 5 and 0; he's a washed up guy, while Kiryu and co. are confident, competent badasses.
But yeah let Kiryu retire, keep Akiyama around and maybe bring in the PSP games' protag into the center stage.

Aki-at

To me Kiryu is the best character in the series (and second favourite by some distance too according to that poll) no way are they going to retire him (Or Majima) anytime soon. Though they should avoid making it a running gag that every time you finish the game he heads into retirement or that Saejima
needs to break out of prison to investigate stuff.
I agree that much.

Akiyama is great and all but he's not exactly the kind of guy that's going to exhibit those badassery moments in the game for me that I love about Yakuza. That and I greatly prefer Kiryu's fighting style!

Squishy3

To me Kiryu is the best character in the series (and second favourite by some distance too according to that poll) no way are they going to retire him (Or Majima) anytime soon. Though they should avoid making it a running gag that every time you finish the game he heads into retirement or that Saejima
needs to break out of prison to investigate stuff.
I agree that much.

Akiyama is great and all but he's not exactly the kind of guy that's going to exhibit those badassery moments in the game for me that I love about Yakuza. That and I greatly prefer Kiryu's fighting style!
Akiyama gets his time to shine in this one. That's all I'll say. :lol

Past

wow they ruined the music in Shinada's fight VS
Daigo
that music in the japanese version was way better

Someone asked if there were any missing songs due to licensing issues. Sega clarified that the game’s intro song will not be the same as in the Japanese version, but every other track is retained. Someone asked specifically if the song “Wild Romance” is in the game, Sega confirmed that this is indeed the case.
https://www.segalization.com/2015/10/23/more-yakuza-5-release-details-from-segas-live-stream/

So they lied after all? :(

Squishy3

They may have just removed the vocals or something. I actually watched the Japanese version of that fight and I don't know if it was the video's audio mixing or the game's audio mixing but the song sounded like it was underwater whenever a heat action was performed during the fight.

I've done 5 laps of the entire map and I can't find the third group of red tracksuit guys. I've even looked at a guide and I can't find the last one in any of the suggested locations. What the hell?

I've done 5 laps of the entire map and I can't find the third group of red tracksuit guys. I've even looked at a guide and I can't find the last one in any of the suggested locations. What the hell?

When you're looking for Yahata? It's just one guy you're looking for; he's at the southeast corner of the map. After fighting him, he'll tell you where the hideout is.

Stuart444

This is in Kiryu's section yes? The third one should be one man. I forget where but don't keep an eye out for a group of guys, just look for one singular guy.

I forget what the JP song was but the song used in the localized version was petty awesome imo.
Wild Romance
They may have just removed the vocals or something. I actually watched the Japanese version of that fight and I don't know if it was the video's audio mixing or the game's audio mixing but the song sounded like it was underwater whenever a heat action was performed during the fight.

it sounded pretty different to me which was kinda wack but hey at least we got the game now if they removed Reign from yakuza zero I will riot

Stuart444

Wild Romance

I gathered that from the quote above, I meant I forgot what it sounded like. Hell I totally forgot about the
Shinada vs Daigo fight
until I got to it again in the English version haha.

It was an awesome fight though and one of my favourites not including the final boss fight in the game.

I gathered that from the quote above, I meant I forgot what it sounded like. Hell I totally forgot about the
Shinada vs Daigo fight
until I got to it again in the English version haha.

It was an awesome fight though and one of my favourites not including the final boss fight in the game.

Shinada is a beast that VS
Baba
was cool as hell too

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is anyone on 4-3 or Part 5 and can go back to Kineicho? I wanna see if something's a bug or my system messing up. On the sidewalk just outside Yamamotoya Honten (on the northeast block), there's an NPC who has a speech balloon that pops up when you walk by her that says "If you're Japanese, it's miso for breakfast". Except (for me at least) the text is all glitchy and the second "a" in "breakfast" just stretches out all the way across the speech balloon. If you actually talk to her, the speech balloon disappears, so don't do that. Just walk by her.

Anyone want to check and see if this happens for them? I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: The hell. Went back to an older save to try to get a picture of the glitch and the NPC's not even there now. And it's not a random NPC, it's one of the ones that gives you ideas of what to talk about at hostess clubs. Are those just randomly placed or something? Weird.

Well, the ending to Saejima's section was pretty wild.

There were some bits that made me suspicious that something was up with Baba, but I certainly didn't expect him to just be a complete lie like that. It was only when Kitakata didn't know him at all that I started to get real suspicious. What a jerk.

I will say that boss fight was probably the only time outside of the very beginning of the game that I felt even slightly threatened.

Fuck me. The withdrawal is too hard to handle.

I booted Kenzan. First time playing a game with a full grade translation on the side. I play and I read the same thing on two different screens crazy

Shinada ending

You can't initiate the shirt pull without a sweet back tattoo, Shinada. I like how they just swept over the fact that Sawada killed an Omi guy. Also I knew that rat cop was up to no good.

stn

Can anyone tell me where Cafe Portugal is? Supposed to be on Nagasu Blvd. Also, for some reason the racing and taxi missions are a blast. Love 'em.

DasFool

Can anyone tell me where Cafe Portugal is? Supposed to be on Nagasu Blvd. Also, for some reason the racing and taxi missions are a blast. Love 'em.

You're looking for Haruka's dad? There should be a question mark on that street, towards the center.

hamchan

Funny that the New Serena owner is just labeled "Proprietess". It's like Kiryu forgot her name and is too embarrassed to ask after so many years of knowing her.

Is there any huge benefit to going through all the hunting stuff, other than the feeling of completing it all?
Or can I at least return to it at a later point?

Top Bottom