• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Dez_

So am I missing something, or did my game just glitch on me? I just finished the fishing substory with Kazuma and now the heat bar stays at zero regardless of my actions and items don't do anything either.

JPS Kai

Well, I opened two lockers with Haruka. Got Ash Wood and a Spatula Blade. Hopefully neither of those are one-time exclusive items.

Squishy3

Spoilers for all of Shinada's part:
The best bro is Takasugi

Finished it last night, really damn good. Some of the character motivations just become ??? at the end but it's an enjoyable romp. Final boss fight was way too good, I have no idea how anyone'd complete it without the Komaki training though. Not a lot of time to do damage without the counters and parries and you'd probably be relying on items to build heat if you didn't do the training since you can't really get any extended hits going on him even when you sidestep his attacks.

Kain

Haruka's part is so pointless (it won't in the end I'm sure, but right now it is) and silly it works.

I just crushed a guys head with Saejima but now I want to play as an idol, what the hell.

Arex

So Saejima part.. When's the point of no return?
supposedly they're gonna go and kidnap the old guy tomorrow, can I still go back to the village after that, or should I finish up the village stories first?

So Saejima part.. When's the point of no return?
supposedly they're gonna go and kidnap the old guy tomorrow, can I still go back to the village after that, or should I finish up the village stories first?
If you want to finish up Saejima's stuff before endgame, don't do the kidnapping. Do the village stuff first.

kuroshiki

The best bro is Takasugi

Finished it last night, really damn good. Some of the character motivations just become ??? at the end but it's an enjoyable romp. Final boss fight was way too good, I have no idea how anyone'd complete it without the Komaki training though. Not a lot of time to do damage without the counters and parries and you'd probably be relying on items to build heat if you didn't do the training since you can't really get any extended hits going on him even when you sidestep his attacks.

Surprisingly you can beat last boss by mashing triangle button.

Tizoc

Akiyama's side quests are hilariously entertaining...and enlightening!
I hope if I ever go to Sotenbori or Osaka that I can haggle these shops :X

Arex

If you want to finish up Saejima's stuff before endgame, don't do the kidnapping. Do the village stuff first.

But after this is Akiyama and Haruka right?... maybe I should keep them for later haha. Do we get to play all of them before the endgame like in Y4?

Zaverious

But after this is Akiyama and Haruka right?... maybe I should keep them for later haha. Do we get to play all of them before the endgame like in Y4?

I think Haruka isn't available in the final part so you have to finish up her stuff in premium adventure or premium new game. You can't carry over premium adventure save to new game + however unlike yakuza 4 though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
God, Coach's training with Shinada is the most annoying shit.

I think Haruka isn't available in the final part so you have to finish up her stuff in premium adventure or premium new game. You can't carry over premium adventure save to new game + however unlike yakuza 4 though.

Haruka has one substory in Kamurocho according to the list I've been using, so I think you do get to use her one more time before the end.

Dio

Banned
God, Coach's training with Shinada is the most annoying shit.

Haruka has one substory in Kamurocho according to the list I've been using, so I think you do get to use her one more time before the end.

Yeah, you get to control her two different times. After the
talk with Baba
you'll get one final substory.

Mohasus

I just started Saejima's part and have to ask, does the game get any better?

I loved Akiyama in Y4 and Dead Souls, so I'm looking forward to his part at least.

Stuart444

The best bro is Takasugi

I did it without his training just cause I kinda forgot all about him haha.

I loved Akiyama in Y4 and Dead Souls, so I'm looking forward to his part at least.

I'd say so. The idol stuff is fun as is Akiyama's stuff and Shinada's story is pretty good. And of course the finale is great. Lots of the usual Yakuza type twists with lots of boss fights :D

Just an FYI, Tatsuya's not just a character in the game. He's an actual celebrity chef in real life.

What's his real name? I tried Google and only found some chubby dude from New Zealand unless if that is him.

Saejima probably had the worst part out of the 3 chapters I've played. If you're into Japanese Idol dance battles and Idol stuff then you'd probably like it more. Akiyama had a decent, albeit short part.

Same as his name in-game. Tatsuya Kawagoe.

NO19c.jpg

Wow, thanks. Could never find his last name.

Dude seems like an asshole lol thanks

Clive

I enjoyed Saejima's chapter a lot and I thought the
hunting
missions were pretty damn fun and rewarding. What I didn't like was that like half of his substories were fetch this, get that, feed me!!! It's also very hard avoiding random encounters in his chapter due to the narrow sidewalks.

Pro-tip for playing Saejima's part is to not sell anything you have less than three of.

I always wish it was easier to skip the fluff in these games. I don't want to drive people around I just want to see the gangster story.

Thankfully I'm at 1-4 now and the game is seeming to be focusing on that more.

Gacha-pin

I enjoyed Saejima's chapter a lot and I thought the
hunting
missions were pretty damn fun and rewarding. What I didn't like was that like half of his substories were fetch this, get that, feed me!!! It's also very hard avoiding random encounters in his chapter due to the narrow sidewalks.

Pro-tip for playing Saejima's part is to not sell anything you have less than three of.

You can avoid provoking a fight by walking in 5.

The best bro is Takasugi

I did it without his training just cause I kinda forgot all about him haha.
Yeah, I definitely beat the final boss with no training haha. I should probably go back and finish it though...

what does Fighting stance mean ? I can't trigger Kiryu's drunken climax heat, it says when drunk and in fighting stance, press triangle I'm purple drunk and full heat and no red climax heat triangle prompt

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously though, I meant what I said earlier about Coach's training in Shinada's story being the worst thing.

I was seriously cursing at my TV playing the pool minigame you have to do as part of it (I never play pool in these games, and now I know I'm justified in that decision). And it's not like I'm bad at video game pool or anything. I played the hell out of Hustle Kings a few years ago and really liked it. The pool in Yakuza is just shit.

Highest scoring Yakuza game on Metacritic - awwww yiss. I've bought and downloaded it; now I wait until Christmas Day to play it while I get The Witcher 3 out of the way.

Top Bottom