• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just now realized that Kiryu was using the fake name Saejima used in 4.
Suzuki is like the most common name ever. Pretty much the Japanese equivalent of Mr. Smith.

Kane1345

96 hrs and I'm done. Still deciding if it's the best in the series. Whatever I decide I can't wait till Yakuza 0 next year. Thank the Lord for Gio Corsi!

Merry Christmas my fellow Yakuza fans!

Flandy

CXDvU6eU0AEwPWG.jpg

Guess I should start 5?

or Dead Souls

8bit

Knows the Score
I suppose I could always go back to Dead Souls at a later point. I'm a lot more anxious to play 5 than Dead Souls

Dead Souls is a bit flat TBH, some neat sections such as Dojima in drag pretending to be a damsel in distress but the controls are not quite suited for sections that rely heavily on shooting.

Dead Souls is a bit flat TBH, some neat sections such as Dojima in drag pretending to be a damsel in distress but the controls are not quite suited for sections that rely heavily on shooting.

Only redeeming quality is that its the first game where Majima is playable but Zero fucking delivered with Majima and I really mean delivered

Stuart444

Dead Souls is worth it for Majima alone.

He seems to enjoy himself so fucking much in that game. The best protagonist in a Zombie game easily.

hamchan

Dead Souls is pretty bad but I feel like going back to 100% it just because it's a Yakuza game.

Wouldn't mind the Yakuza team going back to another shooter in the series. Less than one year after Dead Souls they made the quite great Binary Domain after all. They clearly learnt their lessons from Dead Souls.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I really enjoyed Dead Souls but it's very much a fanservice game which can be played last and has no bearing on Yakuza cannon, kind of basically a spin off. It also has shall we say 'quirky' controls which take a while to get used to in comparison to the other Yakuza games. Definitely go for Yakuza 5 next but do give Dead Souls a shot sometime in the future.

So, uh, warning to all the people looking to plat this game. All the training and side stories and substories are completely wiped in premium new game. If you want that 100%, you have to make sure you do it in one playthough.

Or just load your cleared game save in Premium Adventure mode. That's why I always keep two saves just to be on the safe side so I don't lose any progress.

Premium Adventure mode lets you do all the stuff you missed in story mode - side missions, training, Colosseum, Amon, mini games, another drama stories etc.

Clive

I do understand the criticism against Dead Souls but I really enjoyed it. Same goofy writing and characters as the main games and it was fully playable once you got used to the dated controls. Definitely not a perfect game and it had some technical issues too but a fun romp.

Or just load your cleared game save in Premium Adventure mode. That's why I always keep two saves just to be on the safe side so I don't lose any progress.

Premium Adventure mode lets you do all the stuff you missed in story mode - side missions, training, Colosseum, Amon, mini games, another drama stories etc.

That is true. Unfortunately I already saved over it lol

Tizoc

FINALLY beaten the game.
This final chapter had some irritating fights.

I beat it on Normal, but how do i reach lvl. 25?

Other than that
Aizawa being the final boss...honestly the story could've been a lot better.
Still I enjoyed it from start to finish for the most part

Based on the post credits ending
can we please have Haruka learn to fight from Kiryu? Playable Haruka going around beating up street punks in Kamurcho would make it GotG

JEKKI

I went to Sapporo earlier this year and it's cool to see how they translated the whole area into the game.

The big TV tower is there (but the park unfortunately is not, which runs perpendicular to the map's more vertical layout), the big Nikka sign and Don Quijote building,

even ramen alley! The store at the end when you enter it, Shirakaba Sansou, they got the seating arrangement down perfectly!!

and between Miso Ramen at Sumire and Curry Shop S selling that sapporo exclusive soup curry, they nailed the food too!!!

the only thing I wish was there is Bunny's Bar Million http://million-co.jp/ NSFW!! lol

I really want to eat soup curry again :(

it's so good!!

Astarte

I'm way past Saejima's part, but I'm wondering why his karoke segment about memories didn't have a photo of him and his sister :v

Evilisk

I've finally gotten this. Played about two hours in, though I spent half of that time just activating random encounters. The combat systems feels and looks soo good this time. And I really like all of the changes so far (marking random encounters, reinforcements in fights, substories listed on the map, pausing cutscenes etc.)

My only complaint so far is that we've gone back to the godawful upgrade system. Why, oh why did they go back to it. I'm just gonna check up a guide or something, cause I just have the patience to blindly upgrade everything and hope I get the moves I want.

Is there infinite taxi missions?

I've been doing them for a long time...

There are 31 taxi driver missions, they don't repeat either. You can check your progress in the pause menu. It'll tell you how many story taxi races you've done along with the number of taxi missions you've completed.

some sidequests aren't marked on the map last chapter?

went past the old
dojo with saejima for a cool scene and easy fight.

where to buy this food item for this guy right next to cuez bar underground?

NastyBook

FINALLY got this to download last night after numerous disconnects from PSN. Started it up now and got all my sweet game data presents from Y3,4, and Dead Souls.

Let's gooooooo!

Sgblues

where to buy this food item for this guy right next to cuez bar underground?

He asks you, depending on which character you talk to him as, you get something in each of the cities in which that character is playable in.

Kiryu has to go to Tsuruya in Nagasugai

Saejima has to go to Okojoya store in Tsukimino

Haruka or Akiyama has to go to Korenanbo Ie in Sotenbori

Shinada has to go to Da~Gaya in Kineichou

Note that this is a rather non important side thing you can do for fun if you want and not doing it wouldn't affect you in anyway also the rewards from it are nothing special,
there are 23 items in total so just buy all the items the stores sell.

I'm doing the
mountain
missions with Saijma. Currently stuck on The Outsider. Found the old lady but her son is a different story. Could someone help me out, please? Thank you!

edit: Never mind. Found him:
He's the in the area to the left (as you're looking at map) of the tree on the bluff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
God. It's been a couple days now and I'm still not over that ending. I'm getting irrationally angry whenever I think about it. Dammit it's so bad.

He asks you, depending on which character you talk to him as, you get something in each of the cities in which that character is playable in.

Kiryu has to go to Tsuruya in Nagasugai

Saejima has to go to Okojoya store in Tsukimino

Haruka or Akiyama has to go to Korenanbo Ie in Sotenbori

Shinada has to go to Da~Gaya in Kineichou

Note that this is a rather non important side thing you can do for fun if you want and not doing it wouldn't affect you in anyway also the rewards from it are nothing special,
there are 23 items in total so just buy all the items the stores sell.

thanks, much appreciated.

I really hope the PS4 versions of Yakuza do away with load screens when entering stores, or their loads screens remain as quick and painless as those in Yakuza 5.
I can imagine myself wishing they'd also released 'em on PS3 in the West, if they're anywhere near as bad some other current gen games.

Yawnier

Banned
God. It's been a couple days now and I'm still not over that ending. I'm getting irrationally angry whenever I think about it. Dammit it's so bad.

Ah man is it really? I'm at the final chapter in the finale but haven't started it yet because I've been so busy these last few days.

Top Bottom