• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza: Dead Souls |OT| MAJIMA GORO TIME YOU GUYS

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I highly recommend turning on auto view reset.

I dont' mind the camera, but it helps. Left analog aiming bugs the hell out of me though

FLEABttn

Banned
If anyone wants faster shipping than the discount store, Amazon bomba'ed to 44.99 already.

Well I'm going to e-mail Amazon about that. Why pre-order games from them if they're going to drop the price by $15 on the street date and still charge me the original price?

Well I'm going to e-mail Amazon about that. Why pre-order games from them if they're going to drop the price by $15 on the street date and still charge me the original price?

Did they already charge you the $60? That sucks, I'm sure they'll give you a refund.

FLEABttn

Banned
Yeah, they did, and yeah, they'll probably refund or credit me the difference. Their customer service is pretty good.

And they've already responded, I'll be refunded the difference.

geebee

Banned
Just a word of warning about DeepDiscount. While their prices are great, their shipping times, ESPECIALLY on preorders, are terribly slow. We're talking like, weeks here. So just keep that in mind when ordering from them.
Looks like you're right. My order status is still 'Open' and the game is listed as Out of Stock.. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So are the zambeys infinite respawn or what? In one room it seemed like they never ended then I found a good grinding spot... and they ended

It's becoming too common and it's pissing me off. I don't know why Sega doesn't just put it out at 50 in the first place. Quit punishing me for supporting your game, please.

Did they already charge you the $60? That sucks, I'm sure they'll give you a refund.

It typically takes them some time to refund your account, but if the price drops before midnight on the day your pre-order ships, you'll be credited the difference. Happened to me today with Mardock Scramble on blu-ray.

It typically takes them some time to refund your account, but if the price drops before midnight on the day your pre-order ships, you'll be credited the difference. Happened to me today with Mardock Scramble on blu-ray.

would I'd be out of luck then since they shipped the game on Saturday for me?

ah well...I finally made it to Chapter 2...
Majima Goro Time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got my copy. Yay and such. Pretty decent so far, though I've really only played to just after the point that the JP demo ended. New controls are pretty nice, though I didn't have much of a problem with the old ones anyway. Auto-aim only working half the time is a bit annoying though.

I just received my copy of the game in the mail, along with the email from Ebgames Canada with my bonus promo codes. However, when I try to redeem the "web-only" hostess pack code, it says it's not valid. Anyone else having this issue?

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Happy Launch Day! Updates from my side:

- By popular demand, you guys have determined that quinntendopower is to be awarded a full set of Yakuza merchandise for his dedication, determination, and, most of all, Nagoshination. Hit me up via PM with the address to ship to, Quin. :)

- The second DLC pack will be added to PSN today during the update, so if your code doesn't work yet, this is why. It should be live soon.

- The next FIVE people to post each get their choice of any one piece of Merch. As before, please pass on the prize if you've already won, so others can get something.

Hope you guys are enjoying the game, and good luck on the merch!

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
And we have our five. Congrats guys! Hit me up via PM with the address to ship to. If you're outside the US, please also include a phone # of some sort for Customs. Let me know what item you want and they'll ship out tomorrow afternoon.

(Respond fast and I might be able to get a couple out today!)

nHDR

Banned
Definitely going to grab this at some point, along with Binary Domain. All I ask from SEGA now is Shenmue 3.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
D: Ruby you never sent me that PSZ rappy shirt :/
PM me the size you'd like, and where to ship it, and I will see that corrected. :) Might have to do some digging but I think I can find one of these for you.

I know.. when I'm busy with something at work, that's the time of the giveaways. What luck lol.
Ah yeah, I have done most of them when here in the office. I'll do some in the evenings so people on different time frames have a chance, too.

.hacked

I got my copy today! My wife had it gift wrapped for me, still on the 1st section.

Question for the fans, didn't Shun Akiyama's assistant Hana slim down at the end of part 4?

ApolloJoh

A friend of mine already used his pre-order code before the PSN store updated with the second pack.

He only had the Densetsu Pack show up after he redeemed the code.

Will he still be able to get that costume pack even if he used the code already? Or was there supposed to be two codes available on the receipt?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got my copy today! My wife had it gift wrapped for me, still on the 1st section.

Question for the fans, didn't Shun Akiyama's assistant Hana slim down at the end of part 4?

She starts eating obsessively almost immediately after she loses the weight

I just sent an email asking for the credit difference. It's ridiculous that they wouldn't have just been able to adjust it accordingly since the orders all just shipped within the last day or so.

frequency

You should spoiler tag that. I did for you in the quote, but you should do so in your original post too.

It's been a while, but if I remember right,
she started eating again in that same cutscene - thanks to Akiyama offering her boxes. That jerk!

FLEABttn

Banned
I just sent an email asking for the credit difference. It's ridiculous that they wouldn't have just been able to adjust it accordingly since the orders all just shipped within the last day or so.

Amazon technically has a policy in place that says that they have no post-order price matching. It's not a terrible policy per se but a 25% price reduction less than 24 hours after my card has been run is stupid and a disincentive to preordering.

Huh... so the "Playable Character Pack" code turned out to be the Densetsu Pack, while the Hostess Pack code ended up being the God Bless America DLC.
Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Huh... so the "Playable Character Pack" code turned out to be the Densetsu Pack, while the Hostess Pack code ended up being the God Bless America DLC.
Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I just redeemed my codes after being told to wait for PSN to update, and while the Densetsu pack was correct for me, the hostess pack turned out to be the God Bless America DLC. It says it in the email that EBgames sent me that the code is for the hostess pack, but if it's not the case, that sucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to do all the boot camps at once but after seeming like they never and the fact that they become a fight with the controls, I may just wait.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is the storyline serious in this game, or is it kinda a parody to the yakuza games before?

It's a standard Yakuza game, that just accepts that there are zombies and monsters with characters that man up and do what they have to do. It's not "serious" as in it's a regular part of the other games in the series, but it's not a parody or a straight up comedy game.

Just remember it's a spin-off.

I just redeemed my codes after being told to wait for PSN to update, and while the Densetsu pack was correct for me, the hostess pack turned out to be the God Bless America DLC. It says it in the email that EBgames sent me that the code is for the hostess pack, but if it's not the case, that sucks.

Quoting myself here, because I did a google search and found the original Gamestop listing for the game before it was released and if I understand this right, the god bless america DLC was supposed to be included with the hostess pack?

Pre-Order Yakuza Dead Souls with GameStop to receive the exclusive Hostess Pack!

Hostess Pack: Items to improve and level up your Hostess when you take on Zombies together.
5 Exclusive costumes (includes God Bless America')
Unlocks Majima Karaoke (video)
3 Bonus Challenge Missions
3 extra CG movies

Does this mean that the God Bless America DLC code actually includes the Hostess content? The download is only about 730kb, so I'm guessing not. anyone else who might have pre-ordered it from Gamestop/Ebgames Canada actually get a hostess pack when they redeemed their code?

I also noticed that GS/EB was really fast when it came to removing the pre-order bonus content from their order page. heh

frequency

My second code got me a "Patriot Pack" - which I think is the same as the "God Bless America" thing people are mentioning.
I'm not happy that I'm missing out on this "Majima Karaoke".

My second code got me a "Patriot Pack" - which I think is the same as the "God Bless America" thing people are mentioning.
I'm not happy that I'm missing out on this "Majima Karaoke".

I looked it up and yeah the patriot pack is the same as the God Bless America Pack. Not sure why they had it worded differently.

Top Bottom