• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

you are all a bunch of misogynists

Jaybe

It was the #1 game on the UK charts.

Star Wars Outlaws is a big flop.
It sold less than half of Star Wars Jedi Survivors’ launch week, and Survivor sold a third less than Fallen Order’s launch week.
Hence Ubisoft’s stock tanking.
Star Wars is a failed IP.
Pretty much any new AAA release is ranked #1 in its launch week. Clapping back with that is just stupid.

simpatico

Gold Member
I'm a chauvinist, not a misogynist. I think women are too important to do a worker bee job. They're in charge of making people and raising them with love and affection. We don't need them at the sprocket factory.

ManaByte

It sold less than half of Star Wars Jedi Survivors’ launch week, and Survivor sold a third less than Fallen Order’s launch week.
Pretty much any new AAA release is ranked #1 in its launch week. Clapping back with that is just stupid.

You didn't even read what you quoted. Dring said that numbers showing it less than Survivor were missing data, and then it topped the UK charts.

I'm just "clapping back" with facts.

Saber

This woman was really revolutionary. Not only she is the first woman in a game but also she doesn't like a straight copy of a famous character. Not at all. Keep up the good fight with however you're fighting.

I'm loving this new marketing strategy of calling potential buyers bigots and misogynists.

This new generation is by far the most hilarious. Not only they name call and insult their potential buyers, but also insult and name calling them when the game fails to sell because they didn't buy it.

Last edited:

PeteBull

This woman was really revolutionary. Not only she is the first woman in a game but alsoshe doesn't like a straight copy of a famous character. Not at all. Keep up the good fight with however you're fighting.

This new generation is by far the most hilarious. Not only they name call and insult their potential buyers, but also insult and name calling them when the game fails to sell because they didn't buy it.
Victim mentality and 0 accountability, no surprise from me =D

Sybrix

What a bullshit argument for why the game tanked.

Go and play any Ubisoft game in the last 10 years and see why Outlaws has tanked.

Ubisoft has been the benchmark for complete shite, reused gameplay over and over and over and over and over again, boring stories, boring charcaters, rinse repeat, rinse repate, rinse repeat.

What a load of shit Ubisoft is and this game looks like the blandest Star Wars game ever released thanks to Ubisoft.

Her own fault for hitching her wagon to a Ubisoft related product.

Do your reseach on companies you want to work for before agreeing.

digdug2

I'm sorry Humberly, but you made the wrong call when you signed on to lead this video game. Star Wars as an IP is tanking (and frankly has been for a long time, probably since before you signed your contract), and Ubisoft is now a one trick pony known for creating beautiful worlds with fuck-all to do in them. Most people have no issues with you being a woman lead, and this has nothing to do with that. Inflation is up, things are expensive, and there are better games out there to spend money on. Sorry that you took offense.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

onlyfans when?

HumberlyGonzalez-21.jpg
I dont think she would make much on OnlyFans

Stupid.png

Last edited:

Madflavor

We've crossed the threshold where Star Wars can no longer be carried by brand recognition alone. The amount of damage done to the IP over past 10 years is unreal.

Last edited:

TheChumpNation

Neo Member
Is she an idiot? No one had it out for her and people were lamenting the fact that her beautiful looks were uglified in the game. And what she does now is side with...the people that uglified her? Wha???

I've no idea why people on here were trying to defend her... She's a "queer" voice actress who probably appreciated or outright endorsed the Kay Vess appearance.

There's a lot of power in being naturally attractive and then acting like you aren't to create a feeling of solidarity with the normies and uggos. For example, Kim Kardashian making "shape wear", so women not as attractive can aspire to be like her, and see her as their friend and supporter at the same time, while lining her pockets with billions, is ruthlessly brilliant in a way.

There's no better move for someone like Ms Gonzalez than acting relatable and supportive to less attractive women, while still reaping all the benefits of being attractive. Note that they cast a hottie, but then make her look worse. They won't just cast a less attractive woman because such women rarely stick with acting for long because they can't compete against their hotter counterparts, who will preach about the evil of the male gaze while simultaneously catering to and benefiting from it.

Luckily this one is already 32 so she's got a few more years at best before reality hits.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
I've no idea why people on here were trying to defend her... She's a "queer" voice actress who probably appreciated or outright endorsed the Kay Vess appearance.

There's a lot of power in being naturally attractive and then acting like you aren't to create a feeling of solidarity with the normies and uggos. For example, Kim Kardashian making "shape wear", so women not as attractive can aspire to be like her, and see her as their friend and supporter at the same time, while lining her pockets with billions, is ruthlessly brilliant in a way.

There's no better move for someone like Ms Gonzalez than acting relatable and supportive to less attractive women, while still reaping all the benefits of being attractive. Note that they cast a hottie, but then make her look worse. They won't just cast a less attractive woman because such women rarely stick with acting for long because they can't compete against their hotter counterparts, who will preach about the evil of the male gaze while simultaneously catering to and benefiting from it.

Luckily this one is already 32 so she's got a few more years at best before reality hits.
What? Get a fucking grip dude.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's surprising the amount of people working in the gaming industry, that despise videogames and gamers.
And of course any criticism consumers point to any game, will be viewed as hate speech.

I can't imagine Ford, Volkswagen, or any car company insulting drivers, because they didn't buy one of their cars.
Only in the gaming industry are consumers treated like trash.
To be fair, it is a pretty shitty industry to work in. Im a teacher and have several kids who want to be game designers and I tell them to stay as far away as possible.

winjer

Gold Member
To be fair, it is a pretty shitty industry to work in. Im a teacher and have several kids who want to be game designers and I tell them to stay as far away as possible.

Yes, the gaming industry has problems.
But I don't know of any industry that has so much hate for it's consumer base.
And it's not just one game and a few devs. Every week some studio or dev comes out attacking gamers.

I never saw Coca-cola viciously attacking consumers for not buying New-Coke. Or Ford, or Macdonalds, or Nike, or any other company.
Only in the gaming industry do we see the people making games, insulting their own clients, on a regular basis.

Bernardougf

Well I guess rogue one and its female kind-scoundrel protagonist its not a thing and a well liked movie...

Everytime this ignorant fucks open their mouths to champ some new breakthrough you know they will say something oblivious to the reality.

Its more damaging that she didn't even address the uglification/masculinization of her character...

How about a hot feminine scoundrel that can kick ass but also use her women powers to get advantage in this world ? ... fuck no.. put a chick in it make her gay and extra lame

Markio128

Gold Member
I’m not misogynistic! I spent ages creating my female character in Cyberpunk!

Though I did wonder why the small boob option was there.

My wife wasn't interested because she said the main character was ugly and looked stupid. She loves mass effect and played as a female shep, she did her best within the options and graphical capabilities to make fem shep look as pretty as she could. She didn't want a ugly shepard, just like I wanted a good looking male Shepard. She argues that's the fantasy of playing as a fictional character, she doesn't want to play as an ugly woman because there are too many ugly women in real life and she plays games to get away from reality.

She argued only ugly women she would play are ones that aren't humans or ugly for a reason like scars or damage done to them where it's a part of why the character is who they are. But to just make a woman ugly for reason is stupid.

Besides we were both incredibly turned off by all the diversity and woke shit they have been pushing, even if she was hot then we wouldn't want to play it because their politics were definite turn offs.

PatientGamer

Gold Member
The first page or so of this thread kinda proves her point. But I think she's a little misguided.

Folk aren't angry or upset that we're playing as a woman in that Star Wars game. Folk are angry that they took your face, gave you a mop of a haircut and mo-capped you into a 3/10 version in the video game for no good reason other than...diversity? 🤔

Usually, human-based video game character models are designed into better looking versions of the actor/actress.. but they did the reverse with her, and for what reason?

Last edited:
How about a hot feminine scoundrel that can kick ass but also use her women powers to get advantage in this world ? ... fuck no.. put a chick in it make her gay and extra lame
Something like this might have worked, because the closest thing to a Han Solo like character for a woman would definitely be one that used her sexuality to her advantage in a dangerous male-dominated world, but again that's not the male scoundrel archetype - that's something different. It's not coming from this feminist perspective that says men and women are the same and should play the same kind of characters.

It's this kind of thinking that leads to so many lame female characters these days. And then they can't even make them hot - it's always some dowdy-looking chick cosplaying as a man. And then you're a misogynist if you don't like it. Christ almighty.

If the game had a male, it would have been a 5/10.
Yeah, who would want to play as a Han Solo-type character in a star wars open world game, getting into scrapes with your sidekick as you travel across the galaxy and romance some beautiful women along the way. Kay Vess is so much better.

Last edited:
plenty of evidence she's correct
Did she believe this before or after the game underperformed? And did she have this belief before or after she took the contract to do the voice acting?
I just find it disingenous at best. Because if the game had performed gangbusters, she'd be singing the praises of the game industry, I have no doubts. As I've said in other threads, it's like the default response nowadays to your product not doing as well as expected is to blame bigotry, racists, mysogynists, some type of phobia.

Gamers want to play good games. It's really just that simple as evidenced by tons of games with millions/billions of gamers.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Can we stop pretending like “strong female protagonist in an action sci fi universe” is some stunning and brave new idea?

Alien and Terminator did this shit decades ago, AND managed to make some characters that audiences actually liked, because that’s back when writers still knew how to make compelling and heroic characters.

Nowadays it’s so fucking played out and cliched. The most radical thing they could do is make female characters who are actually feminine and multidimensional and have a little charisma.

Vlodril

I'm sorry Humberly, but you made the wrong call when you signed on to lead this video game. Star Wars as an IP is tanking (and frankly has been for a long time, probably since before you signed your contract), and Ubisoft is now a one trick pony known for creating beautiful worlds with fuck-all to do in them. Most people have no issues with you being a woman lead, and this has nothing to do with that. Inflation is up, things are expensive, and there are better games out there to spend money on. Sorry that you took offense.

I don't think she made the wrong call. She got paid and it's not like her likeness is in the game or anything.

Ultros

Banned
That's why I still love old NES / MegaDrive games. Even if there were women in the game, you could luckily not hear them talk and mostly just skip past their text.

Top Bottom