• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You don't want to see the NEW HALO 2 TRAILER, do you?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Thank you sir twas quite the sexy.

Bio-organic tank? Check
Everything is badass? Hell yes.

EDIT: Yes Goreomedy is quite correct. The quality is abysmal and it isn't complete (from what I've been told) but hell it's under a meg.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Horrible quality and doesn't look to be complete.

People might be best served waiting for direct feed on Monday.

The 9th is to damn far away, shit. Alright, Alright let me calm down I'm gettin emotional. Give me your fucking ghost, get your ass out my Banshee.

What now bitch!

Drexon

Banned
*Halo over head, wich is shaved on top* I bow to not taint my mind with any more Halo media until the release day.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
"there are those that say this day would never come..."

"so what do they say now?" --- i think...

Deku Tree said:
So is there really
going to be a nuclear explosion on earth
like the trailer seems to suggest?

scrn_134.jpg

Yes?

Ok guys, what is so "awesome" about this tiny little trailer, beside the fact that Bungie play with you like a goddamn ball? I saw a lot more interesting trailers of other game, but is it exciting because it's Halo 2?

I may appear to be trolling, but I'm totally not "hyped" for Halo 2, and I just want to know.

there is like 3-5 seconds missing from the beginning of that clip, you actually see a close-up of a prophet talking and then you see that giant thing in the beginning or something similiar to it lunging into the sky.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Littleberu said:
Ok guys, what is so "awesome" about this tiny little trailer, beside the fact that Bungie play with you like a goddamn ball? I saw a lot more interesting trailers of other game, but is it exciting because it's Halo 2?

I may appear to be trolling, but I'm totally not "hyped" for Halo 2, and I just want to know.

Because when the prison guard has starved you for over two years, and finally lets you taste the broiler pan juices of a steak, you'll lap it up.

Littleberu said:

do you really wanna get banned?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Littleberu said:
I understand and I sincerely hope no one thinks that you are trolling. You are right on the money, there are far more interesting trailers out there but it all comes down to this: it's showing off more of Halo 2. It's the end result of brilliant marketing from Bungie/Microsoft, anything they show off from this game is gobbled up. Of course I won't deny that I'm in the exact same boat but that's the situation and I love it.

EDIT: Mrbob's amendment is of course another equally valid reason (which I also agree with). Sorry I didn't list that!

Seth C

Deku Tree said:
So is there really
going to be a nuclear explosion on earth
like the trailer seems to suggest?

Most humans refer to it as "glassing" a planet. It's what the Covenant do.

Lemming is right about what was said, there is also some voice over in the beginning of the clip that mentions something about a savior or something like that. Microsoft is about to drop an A-bomb on the gaming community. I believe what Che was saying about Bungie redefining the word epic.

Mrbob

It's the end result of brilliant marketing from Bungie/Microsoft, anything they show off from this game is gobbled up.

Or the fact that the first game sold itself on its awesomeness we can't wait to find out any info on a new and improved sequel.

BeOnEdge

Banned
Littleberu said:
Bah, why would they ban me for a question. They didn't ban Isamu yet, and he did a lot worst than I did.

you see, right now you are in denial that halo 2 is going to absolutely obliterate the holidays. when you heard the theater errupt like it did, a tear ran down your cheek and you trembled a bit. then next stage is acceptance. we are here for you. dont worry. grasp change. dont run from it.

Prine

Banned
Holy fucking shit. GOTY!!!

Monks chanting sent chills down my spine!

Master Chief is such a badass!

BeOnEdge said:
you see, right now you are in denial that halo 2 is going to absolutely obliterate the holidays. when you heard the theater errupt like it did, a tear ran down your cheek and you trembled a bit. then next stage is acceptance. we are here for you. dont worry. grasp change. dont run from it.

Nah, I know Halo 2 is gonna be under almost every kid's christmas tree, that's not the problem : It's hype on the Internet around the game the problem. But is it really a problem? I don't know.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
BeOnEdge said:
when you heard the theater errupt like it did, a tear ran down your cheek and you trembled a bit.

The rare occasion when something said on GAF makes me do a spit-take. Thanks.

Doom_Bringer said:
shit I think I will end up buying xbox for this. NEED MORE MONEY >_<

You see, that's what I'm talking about. Or those DS threads when someone say : "THAT'S IT, I'M BUYING IT!!!"... What's the point of saying that beside some hardcore fanboy being hard in their pants for a new sale of their favorite console?

Prine

Banned
Littleberu said:
Nah, I know Halo 2 is gonna be under almost every kid's christmas tree, that's not the problem : It's hype on the Internet around the game the problem. But is it really a problem? I don't know.

Consider the praise, sales and awards Halo earned over the last 3 years. Ofcourse its sequel would gain phenomenal hype. With bungie behind it, the hype is well deserved

Edit: Halo 2 looks alot more storydriven this time. Yay!

Mrbob

Littleberu said:
You see, that's what I'm talking about. Or those DS threads when someone say : "THAT'S IT, I'M BUYING IT!!!"... What's the point of saying that beside some hardcore fanboy being hard in their pants for a new sale of their favorite console?

Eh?

Halo 2 shows much more promise than Nintendoods.

Top Bottom