• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You don't want to see the NEW HALO 2 TRAILER, do you?

ced

ToyMachine228 said:
Is that a Prophet holding a new sword type thing in there? Some of the guys at HBO seem to think so...

I dont know what those idiots are thinking but no. If its the 3 frame clip of the white creature swinging something, no.

From what I can tell its a variation of a Brute, or they changed the model alot. It has a shoulder plate on its right, and the ammo strap across the left shoulder. Call me crazy but if you look at each frame it is pushing a smoldering tree into something. Yes a tree, you can clearly see the bark and the root end is smoldering, then at the very end you see a limb fork come into veiw, at least thats what it looks like.

COCKLES

being watched
olimario said:
Looks good.
I can't wait to play it.

I still hate arrogant, hardcore protagonists like MC, Dante, and the like.

What do you expect MC to do? Offer the Covenant Tea 'n Biscuits and a nice current bun before he blows 'em away?

Enjoy your faye Minish Cap Oli.

olimario

Banned
COCKLES said:
What do you expect MC to do? Offer the Covenant Tea 'n Biscuits and a nice current bun before he blows 'em away?

Enjoy your faye Minish Cap Oli.

I expect him to be humble, not nice to the enemy.

Sai

A soldier raised from childhood, physically and mentally augmented for war to be the Scorpion Tank-sized foot up the Covenant's ass should trot around the battlefield acting like a modest bitchass.

You's great, oli. You's great. ;)

Nos_G

You should read some of the books Oli - specifically Fall of Reach and First Strike. Master Chief doesn't really have a 'hardcore and arrogant' type of attitude at all.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Yup, Master Chief is all about the war and his spartan team. He's a soldier to the core, not some showoff character like Dante...
Seeing both these characters in the same sentence shows how ignorant some can be about the Halo story, considering who wrote that I can't say I'm surprised...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I expect him to be humble, not nice to the enemy."

bravo.jpg

I say chaps, can we get a jolly good hip-hip for the covenant? They really did put on a jolly good show.

Prine

Banned
MS should fund Halo the movie. Get the top directors in, best visial effects guys etc

Id love to see the books turn into films, because i cant be bothered to read them ;P

Stick with Martin for the music though

Lakitu

st5fu
You can't stop the Internet...
The big news this weekend was a leaked commercial shown at an annual meeting of EB Games Store Managers, and filmed on the sly by one of the participants. Quality is AWFUL, but the content has been enough to galvanize Halo (and general Xbox) forums all over the web. It's clearly not out there with the blessing of those who made it, so I'm not going to post a link on the front page, but there are literally dozens of posts on our own forum with links to this small video, and other sites have put up mirrors for it; if you want to see this, finding it should be trivial. If you're one of those who thought that the new alien information in the most recent magazine articles was 'Spoiler' material, DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO. As far as I know, this was intended to be released to the public sometime in the next few weeks (close to the end of October). This is NOT the video Frankie alluded to in Friday's Weekly Bungie Update - that is something totally different. If we get more info about this commercial, we'll be sure to pass it along.

http://halo.bungie.org

BeOnEdge

Banned
THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS OF THE SYSTEM WARS BECAUSE AS SOON AS HALO 2 DROPS, WE WILL ALL SUCCUMB TO HIS MASTERY, THE DARK PRINCE THAT IS X.

PREPARE TO PLAY TOGETHER -- IT'S GOOD. -epic beauty

:lol

Top Bottom