• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

Just finished episode 5 and I am really loving the series so far!
Its funny my favorite yokai so far is
Tattletell: She pratically acts like a pokemon.

haha, the exact opposite to what happened in our house as my wife looked on in horror as my son ended a long silence with "this is pretty awful"

I said prior to the launch that i thought this wouldn't translate very well, but i don't think that was the issue - it was just the voice acting basically. Dismerelda and Happierer were pretty good renaming.
Not having anything to compare it to (haven't seen the Japanese version) I think the dub is great. Definitely a huge step above 4Kids/Saban era bullshit. The lip sync is pretty off in places but the acting itself seems fine.

Tusk

Were there any pictures for the new busters game in the new corocoro, or did they just announce the game and that's it? Tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.

Edit: Oh, just found it. Seems UsaPyon actually will get a busters costume, neat. Also, that dude with the blond hair looks sorta like the dude with the black hair in the new movie. Really wanting to see what medal the game comes with. The Youkai seems yellow, maybe they'll make a boss version of UsaPyon for this game.
It was on every day this week, but I think from now on it's Mondays at 5pm.

Tuesdays actually.

Flunkie

Banned
Just watched episode 1 of the dub. It was really good. The whole jokes for adults stuff was great, I was cracking up at Dismarelda's catch phrase. #nofilter

JohnJJ

Neo Member
Has anyone tried the Japanese iOS/Android games? According to wiki there are a number of apps, just wondered what they are like? Can't find much info?

Obviously would need to be downloaded from JP App Store.

Impotaku

Decided to pick up one of the digital busters versions to keep me entertained till the physical versions turn up, went with the shiro inutai version as i wanted the download only nyankishi bell.

The story is pretty fun so far just cleared chapter 2, controls are taking a bit to get used to but i'm enjoying it so far. I see they have become sneaky with the gashapon machine it now saves as you use a coin so you can't go back and try again with a different coin.

Tusk

Decided to pick up one of the digital busters versions to keep me entertained till the physical versions turn up, went with the shiro inutai version as i wanted the download only nyankishi bell.

The story is pretty fun so far just cleared chapter 2, controls are taking a bit to get used to but i'm enjoying it so far. I see they have become sneaky with the gashapon machine it now saves as you use a coin so you can't go back and try again with a different coin.

Yeah, also it seems to be RNG based now instead of predetermined. Although I assume they had to make it that way due to how the B medals work with the games.

If you ever need help with the game, just PM me your FC and I could do missions or bosses with you. Unless I've already got you added, can't remember.

I was thinking of finally getting Busters, like, yesterday, but with the Moon Rabbit being a thing I'm just gonna wait until December. Should be fun!

Impotaku

Currently playing shiro inutai but have aka nekodan also on it's way. Looks like i'll have to keep my eye on corocoro for that update box :)

Edit: looks like it's not novembers issue as i have just seen what that contains, looks like it will be the december issue thats released at the middle or end of november, corocoro always has weird release dates.

tiijj

All of them have weird dates. The V Jump Nov issue was release Sept and the Strongest Jump Nov issue was released Oct. ¬_¬

Impotaku

Yeah, also it seems to be RNG based now instead of predetermined. Although I assume they had to make it that way due to how the B medals work with the games.

If you ever need help with the game, just PM me your FC and I could do missions or bosses with you. Unless I've already got you added, can't remember.

It would be fun to play online sometime, going to complete the main story first so my team has levelled enough so i'm not a liability when playing online. Really been enjoying it so far the story is pretty funny, love how each chapter plays like a tv show with the coming up next bit as you complete the previous one. Currently finished chapter 8 but still a lot of side missions to do.

My current team as it stands
IMG_0867%20res.jpg

Impotaku

Reached chapter 10 but i think i'll need to stop & level up as Wismallow man is kicking my ass at the moment. Love the buildup to the battle though it's awesome.

ChrisDM

The official Nintendo of America twitter tweeted that a demo's available for the game. I can't find it in the eShop yet, though.

I'M SO HYPE FOR THIS. Agh. 10/22 could not come soon enough now (even though I already have way too many games to get through this month). How was today's episode?

Impotaku

Wismallowman finally got his ass beat, now enjoying the ending. Hehe for not having any legs, Wisper sure can dance in that ending, now the real fun starts as the post game content unlocks :)

Meffer

I wonder if the demo will be able to transfer the save data to the full game or if it's the timed demo used at E3.

Tusk

Oh what, moon rabbit team is just an update? no physical release? Kinda sad about that.

Nice we're getting a demo for the west.

Anyway, apparently they're already going to be releasing two new watches in december.
Edit: Wrong about these being watches. Apparently they're just cases for them. They're about 1600 yen.

DX Youkai watch U1 and DX Youkai Watch U2. One is blue with some white, and the other is yellow. Guessing the U1 is Keita's and the U2 is Inaho. There's also a bunch of really neat new medals coming out in December. There's also gonna be a medal of the black/blond haired kid in the new movie with a unique really neat looking frame.

Edit: AND there's some new info on the moon rabbit team. There's quite a few new bosses. Like mini versions of Red J and Mighty Dog. Also called it on the boss version of UsaPyon. :b

Impotaku

Oh what, moon rabbit team is just an update? no physical release? Kinda sad about that.

Nice we're getting a demo for the west.

Anyway, apparently they're already going to be releasing two new watches in december.

DX Youkai watch U1 and DX Youkai Watch U2. One is blue with some white, and the other is yellow. Guessing the U1 is Keita's and the U2 is Inaho. There's also a bunch of really neat new medals coming out in December. There's also gonna be a medal of the black/blond haired kid in the new movie with a unique really neat looking frame.

Edit: AND there's some new info on the moon rabbit team. There's quite a few new bosses. Like mini versions of Red J and Mighty Dog. Also called it on the boss version of UsaPyon. :b

Ooh you are a treasure trove of new info :)

Is there any pics anywhere yet of the new watches?

Impotaku

Ah that's pretty cool it's a evolution kit, you get the strap and the top plate & just insert the regular U watch into it.

Tusk

Ah that's pretty cool it's a evolution kit, you get the strap and the top plate & just insert the regular U watch into it.

Yeah, I didn't notice that at first. Too hyped up when I first took a look. :b Is that Edison medal supposed to be a new legend? The frame is gold so I assumed so.

Edit: It seems the new Busters set will have a Whisper B medal. So seems America wont be the first to have a Whisper medal now lol.

Impotaku

Yeah that does indeed look like a legend medal but with the U medal design. Lol god dammit, just ordered a mass of stuff to catch up and then they announce yet more series, i swear it's like every other month a new one comes out.

Tusk

Yeah that does indeed look like a legend medal but with the U medal design. Lol god dammit, just ordered a mass of stuff to catch up and then they announce yet more series, i swear it's like every other month a new one comes out.

Yeah. It's pretty crazy. They've got not one but two sets of medals coming out in December.

Tusk

Yeah, it's for the next set of movie ticket orders I think.

I hope they do what they did with the first movie and include these medals with its DVD/Blu-Ray release.

That's why I'm holding off on getting the vader mode B medal. If they don't include it and the Enma medal with the movie whenever they do the physical release, I'm gonna regret waiting so bad. Although, I'll probably cave and buy the vader mode one when I can also find the enma one.

Tusk

Oh what, is the moon rabbit team update being released on 12/12. That's my birthday, seems I've got something to look forward to.

Impotaku

Yeah, it's for the next set of movie ticket orders I think.

I hope they do what they did with the first movie and include these medals with its DVD/Blu-Ray release.

That's why I'm holding off on getting the vader mode B medal. If they don't include it and the Enma medal with the movie whenever they do the physical release, I'm gonna regret waiting so bad. Although, I'll probably cave and buy the vader mode one when I can also find the enma one.

You should be ok with the vader mode medal, even if it doesn't end up coming with the next dvd you should still be able to get it on Amazon from a marketplace seller.

ChrisDM

Were there any pictures for the new busters game in the new corocoro, or did they just announce the game and that's it? Tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.

Edit: Oh, just found it. Seems UsaPyon actually will get a busters costume, neat. Also, that dude with the blond hair looks sorta like the dude with the black hair in the new movie. Really wanting to see what medal the game comes with. The Youkai seems yellow, maybe they'll make a boss version of UsaPyon for this game.

Tuesdays actually.

Looks like according to Disney XD's website, it will be Mondays from now on. I guess it was Tuesday this week because of Columbus Day?

http://disneyxd.disney.com/yokai-watch

Meffer

So I was browsing around Amazon checking out medals when I came across NA version of the game (for preorder of course). I was curious and checked it out out of curiosity and apparently you can't preorder it as of now. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSET4N2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I know this happens with Amazon when it comes to preorders, they run out and then awhile later it's up for grabs again. I just wasn't expecting this would happen with this game here.

ChrisDM

So I was browsing around Amazon checking out medals when I came across NA version of the game (for preorder of course). I was curious and checked it out out of curiosity and apparently you can't preorder it as of now. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSET4N2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I know this happens with Amazon when it comes to preorders, they run out and then awhile later it's up for grabs again. I just wasn't expecting this would happen with this game here.

Wait, is that like an incorrect entry or something? I've had it on my wish list forever now and it seems to be fine right here.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015GBUF84/?tag=neogaf0e-20

ChrisDM

That's the digital version. I believe he's referring to physical copies of the game.

Click 'Nintendo 3DS' under Platform For Display in the link I provided. There's the physical version.

FINAL EDIT: I spoke to an Amazon Customer Service representative and she said that the selection on the left is a physical copy. I have a transcript of the chat if anyone cares, but hopefully y'all can just take my word for it. :D

Oh, I was just going off what the TV guide had shown. Didn't see this, my bad.

Oh no worries at all! I was confused myself until I checked the site. :D

Is Busters a good game to play when you're fucking pissed off? Because man I might skip class just to make sure I don't get expelled I'm so pissed. If it's good for that then I'll buy it digitally right away.

ChrisDM

Your link has the physical game up for preorder but the other link (which says it's the one I preordered on) says it's unavailable.
Amazon must have moved the listing or something. I hope it doesn't effect my order...

I would hope and assume your order is safe. Maybe contact Amazon to make sure? They have chat support seemingly 24/7 so it's super easy to get sorted quickly.

Top Bottom