• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

Impotaku

About 5 days from Japan to the UK as i got it sent by EMS, and luckily no import tax as i marked them all down to well under the limit hehe.

Broken open my first boxes, series 5. Managed to get all 8 holos but i'm missing 2 normal medals oooh so close to a full set. Not bad from just 2 boxes.

Time to bust open the shinuchi boxes next.

Impotaku

Just finished registering the first lot of medals on the medaland website, which gave me a stack of points. Thought i'd have a go at winning the Wismallowman medal, lol only managed to win it on my first go in the lottery. Made me jump pretty bad as the winning fanfare is rather loud lol.

winner%202%20res.jpg

ChrisDM

Do all you importers in this thread plan on jumping in on any of the North America/European games/merchandise depending on where you're located? Just curious since from what I've seen in this topic, y'all already have a ton of awesome imported goodies. :D

EDIT: & for me, I'm trying to limit myself to North American stuff.

tiijj

About 5 days from Japan to the UK as i got it sent by EMS, and luckily no import tax as i marked them all down to well under the limit hehe.

Broken open my first boxes, series 5. Managed to get all 8 holos but i'm missing 2 normal medals oooh so close to a full set. Not bad from just 2 boxes.

Time to bust open the shinuchi boxes next.

Customs here sometimes opens up the box so they occasionally check it. I found out that I should limit the value by around $100 or I'll get taxed plus duty which is around 13-20% I think. That's why I'm a little careful in making sure that I kinda truthfully declare the "value". The best that I could do was remove the tax and remove the shipping if there's one. I'm not gonna pay tax on taxes lol.

Do all you importers in this thread plan on jumping in on any of the North America/European games/merchandise depending on where you're located? Just curious since from what I've seen in this topic, y'all already have a ton of awesome imported goodies. :D

The good thing about the non-JP ones is that they will probably limit those promo medals like the one posted on the page before or the exclusive ones from magazines. We'll probably get less medal variation but for the completionist such as myself, I won't be pulling their hairs coz of how extremely difficult it is in getting that specific promo/campaign medals lol. Well less coz there's one special promo already, the nycc one which is really expensive on auction sites. I hate promo/campaign stuff but I equally like it lol.

I'll probably avoid the any medals right now. I have the na game pre-ordered, I wonder if it has a medal inside. If I like the game I'll probably get the jp part 2 and/or busters but I'm pretty much jp illiterate... I need to practice. lol

Impotaku

Not really tempted to go for the American stuff myself as it will just be duplicates of pretty much all of the Japanese medals. Plus i hate that text printing on the back of the medals in America with the stupid Hasbro copyright info. Once you start getting medals locally at least it will be easier to complete sets, importing them ramps up the difficulty a bit.

Broken down my shinuchi boxes, did better than the ones before as i got a complete set from 2 boxes YAY. Although my doubles pile is growing at an alarming rate, i really should start selling more of my doubles off.

Time to see what the series 1 buster boxes hold.

Impotaku

The QR codes have 2 uses, scanning into the games adds eithr gashapon coins or event items that unlock extra youkai to find or in busters extra bosses & missions.

The other use is withe the youkai medaland website, when you have an account each QR code that you scan will add that medal to your online collection as well as giving you points, you can use those points to enter the campaign lotteries to win the event medals & legend medals. Also each medal you register lets you have one go at the fortune shrine battling game where you can use the points you win to have more goes in the lottery to win medals. The medals on the medaland site are unique they are only available from there.

Tusk

Man, there needs to be more Usurakage song medals.

They added new samples to the yotunes page, and the ones with hikikomori are so good.

Impotaku

I have yet to experience the fun of song medals, that will be next paydays purchase.

Well the first buster series of medals i managed to get another full set, my luck is hoding out weither it extends to series 2 & 3 will remain to be seen hehe.

tiijj

The QR codes have 2 uses, scanning into the games adds eithr gashapon coins or event items that unlock extra youkai to find or in busters extra bosses & missions.

The other use is withe the youkai medaland website, when you have an account each QR code that you scan will add that medal to your online collection as well as giving you points, you can use those points to enter the campaign lotteries to win the event medals & legend medals. Also each medal you register lets you have one go at the fortune shrine battling game where you can use the points you win to have more goes in the lottery to win medals. The medals on the medaland site are unique they are only available from there.

There are sites that provides qr codes for the games. I'm assuming the uniqueness is only for the medaland site.

I'll play through the English game at some point, probably Christmas, so I can learn the English names easily for talking about this game with GAFers:

"You should get a Zukyukunta to make recruiting easier."
"WTF is that in English?"
"Er, let me google it... Oh. Pinkipoo. You want a Pinkipoo."

As for merchandise... I might pick some up. But I won't go hardcore or anything.

Meffer

I intend to collect the medals.

LtOrange

I can't wait to start collecting medals. I already feel the need to hunt down one of those nycc exclusive ones. Have any other NA medals been released into the wild yet?

ChrisDM

I can't wait to start collecting medals. I already feel the need to hunt down one of those nycc exclusive ones. Have any other NA medals been released into the wild yet?

Not that I know of, although I'm sure everyone here would know much better hahah. Y'all are awesome. :D I have a NYCC medal on its way in the mail as we speak. Could not resist.

ChrisDM

how much did you get it for?

$20. I know that's somewhat steep, even for me who can get pretty intense with collecting from something I love and especially if it's exclusive, but it was lower than the prices I've seen on eBay. That's for sure.

Meffer

$20. I know that's somewhat steep, even for me who can get pretty intense with collecting from something I love and especially if it's exclusive, but it was lower than the prices I've seen on eBay. That's for sure.
O hohohohoho dude you no idea how much these things can go for.

Tusk

Well, the U medal Stage 1 boxes came in today. With two boxes I got 19 medals out of the set. All I'm missing is Jetnyan.

I'm mostly happy since I've got just about everything, I even got one of the hagure versions of the song medals.

My only issue is instead of getting a single Jetnyan for that full set, I ended up getting 2 of every other holo medal. Really sucks on that end.

Impotaku

You have to wonder if it will ever reach that peak in North America/Europe.

Depends on how rare the medal is, the reason the first bushinyan legend goes for so much is theres only 5000 of them, compared to the newer ones that have a print runs of 50,000. Really can't see the American ones going for those levels, depends on how much effort Hasbro is really going to do to bring across the promo medals.

English site updated:
W1nWaK6.png

That said, got some money and deciding between English copy of Yo-Kai Watch, Honke, or Busters. Ugh, can't quite decide...

LtOrange

Not that I know of, although I'm sure everyone here would know much better hahah. Y'all are awesome. :D I have a NYCC medal on its way in the mail as we speak. Could not resist.

I couldn't resist either and now have a NYCC medal coming my way also.

Impotaku

Will be interesting to see how Hasbro handle the first series of medals as the main set includes 5 jewelnyans and a legend medal to make it complete. Only 2 of the jewels were in the booster packs the other 3 were in various books and merchandise, with the legend medla been a medaland website exclusive.

Wonder if they will just put them all in the booster packs, or worse just not bother and leave all those medals out. Hopefully not as the jewelnyan medals are important ones as they unlock event items in the first game to allow you to befriend the jewelnyan youkai.

tiijj

It's a legend medal.

Are those like the super rare in a booster pack? Nevermind it's the website exclusive.

Now that I think about it the really rare ones will probably convention only medals like the nycc. Next year will be san diego comicon medal...

Meffer

Are those like the super rare in a booster pack? Nevermind it's the website exclusive.

Now that I think about it the really rare ones will probably convention only medals like the nycc. Next year will be san diego comicon medal...
Yeah, they're super rares so to speak. They can be in boosters and special events.

Tusk

I believe it's noon EST based off my memory? I wish it would upload at midnight. :(

Edit: Yep, just confirmed on some forums.

Aw, that sucks.

I hope everyone that plays it enjoys it and buys the game.

I really wanna see this series get some good support in the west. Atleast enough that we get the other games.

ChrisDM

Aw, that sucks.

I hope everyone that plays it enjoys it and buys the game.

I really wanna see this series get some good support in the west. Atleast enough that we get the other games.

More YW games in the West please.

The more YW games I can actually get the panda snake thing in the better.

The Disney XD ratings seem solid enough for a not crazy popular network, but I really hope that this first game sells well. I want as much Yo-Kai Watch stuff as possible. I love Level-5 stuffs so much.

That said, got some money and deciding between English copy of Yo-Kai Watch, Honke, or Busters. Ugh, can't quite decide...
Checked and physical Honke is just a bit over $20 now actually. Getting that order started ASAP because lolshippingtimes. I wish there was a way to get YW2 streetpasses though so I could actually have a shot at the panda snake thing...

So now YW1 or Busters... Eh I have some time to decide I guess.

Impotaku

Checked and physical Honke is just a bit over $20 now actually. Getting that order started ASAP because lolshippingtimes. I wish there was a way to get YW2 streetpasses though so I could actually have a shot at the panda snake thing...

So now YW1 or Busters... Eh I have some time to decide I guess.

You can get YW streetpasses if you set up a homepass relay. I live in the UK yet i can get Japanese streetpasses however Tsuchinkoko panda is really hard to get hold of due to the way it works.

The only way you will see it is if the person who has just recieved one doesn't try and go battle it before sending their streetpass data on to someone else, as soon as you battle it then it wont be sent on to others anymore. Seeing as most people who see the VIP room get filled go and try and get it right away it makes it a lot harder to go for especially with a homepass. Hoping one day it will eventually make it's way to me.

Oh cool, will try setting that up then. Thanks. Do you just use the standard MAC addresses?

And man, Tsuchinkoko Panda really is a pain in the ass to get, huh? ><;

EDIT: I *think* I got homepass working. I'll only be able to run it at night though, better than nothing though.

Impotaku

Oh cool, will try setting that up then. Thanks. Do you just use the standard MAC addresses?

And man, Tsuchinkoko Panda really is a pain in the ass to get, huh? ><;

EDIT: I *think* I got homepass working. I'll only be able to run it at night though, better than nothing though.

It's pretty much the hardest one to get, especially if you don't live in japan. Most usually just trade someone for one.

ChrisDM

Demo is up y'all. :] Right on the front page, click on the image talking about pre-purchasing the game.

Edit: It's only 857 blocks for anyone who wants to try it and is worried about space.

Tusk

That Jibanyan one man show plush is really cool. He has so many phrases for so many medals, and he does his own version of the songs when you put in the song medals.

Also when you put in certain combinations of certain medals he does things. Like if you put in Meramelion and the other band members from the song medal, you'll get special sounds.

Guess I'll go download the demo in a little bit and play it on the way to school. If I like the localization then I guess I'll get it.
It's pretty much the hardest one to get, especially if you don't live in japan. Most usually just trade someone for one.
Fffffffffff-

WHYYYYYYYYY LEVEL 5, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

The demo was great! I'm glad I watched the first three episodes becuase it seemed to take place immediately after them with the Yokai I had in my party.

ChrisDM

And pre-purchased.

I really wish I ended up going digital with my 3DS. I have far too many 3DS boxes hahah. Digital has been so nice and stress free on Xbox One/PS4 since I tend to be a bit of a minimalist with stuff like that. Used to be a physical goods addict, still tough hahah.

Top Bottom