• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

Tusk

So yeah, yesterday I had 30 Gacha rolls in Busters. I used 23 green coins to try to get Ikkaku, since he's my favorite Yo-Kai.

I got everything but Ikkaku. ;_; Oh well.

30??? I don't think I've ever had that many. Unless I just wasn't on the game a day I got a bunch..

You probably should have scanned some B medal QR codes. The Ikkaku B medal gives you a high chance at getting him.

The chance stacks up to 3, so it's easier to get him each time you use one of those coins

Meffer

I saw some GameXplain's stream of the game and I have to say Treehouse did a astounding job on the localization. The dialog is great, chuckles and smiles all around.

Keeping myself busy with work as I count down the days to release. Also taking the day off on Saturday to head up to the lauch event in NYC from DC

tiijj

How much is the shipping when importing a corocoro magazine off Amazon JP?

You can have it ship directly to you for 900 yen and 400 yen for the next item. You can even purchase an entire manga and have it shipped for 900 yen (plus import tax) as long as it's from amazon (sold or fulfilled). It's a little bit cheaper if you're only getting one. I usually put the weight of those magazine as around 500g and according to tenso, SAL is 1,520 and EMS is 2,030 (to canada), I haven't tried sending just 1 item lol.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, I played a bit of this on the weekend in Melbourne at PAX. Twas enjoyable and i've been looking forward to it. Glad to see the battles can be had with buttons, and that you don't need to use the touch screen. Writing and gameplay seemed on point, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately it comes out on the same day as xenoblade x :(

(also... the anime is so bad.. how can they... there's no story, 8 eps in other than CATCH THE YOKAI!!)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The point of the anime is to make kids laugh their asses off, not to have some sort of big story. :p It's not for everybody though.

:( Yeh I guess. I went in with a pokemon head, boy with a bit of a loose reason as to why he's doing these things with a cast of loveable misfits, and ash.

Tusk

:( Yeh I guess. I went in with a pokemon head, boy with a bit of a loose reason as to why he's doing these things with a cast of loveable misfits, and ash.

If you want more of a set plot with the Youkai Watch anime, check out the movie. It's very good.

ChrisDM

I wanted to order the official guide off Amazon, but it seems they don't have enough to get it to me until November 18th. :( Guess I'll have to head over to... Gamestop? That's the only other brick and mortar place that seems to be carrying it.

I wanted to order the official guide off Amazon, but it seems they don't have enough to get it to me until November 18th. :( Guess I'll have to head over to... Gamestop? That's the only other brick and mortar place that seems to be carrying it.

Barnes and Noble will have it as well. Saw it when I was browsing the site for the manga earlier in the week

I might pick it up there. If it's a good guide anyway.

Given it's merchandise for the franchise, it was a no-brainer for me to get it. Pre-ordered originally through Amazon since I work there but the lack of a shipping time by end of last week prompted me to just go through GameStop

Oh good call! I'd much prefer to go there than Gamestop. I wonder what department it'd be in.

I have generally seen gaming strategy guides near the manga and graphic novels section although they can also be at the tail end of the sci-fi section (which is ually near the graphic novels/comics anyway). I would suggest going on their website to place a pick up in-store reserve. But also call ahead as well. The first two stores I went to on Tuesday had volume 2 yet no volume 1 of the yo-kai watch manga even though the site said it was in-stock for pick up. Called the third store and they had it.

evanmisha

Good news for fans without cable, the first dubbed episode will be posted tomorrow and new episode will be posted each week.

Official channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZWFPpoheQVPrcG68A3ayVw/featured

Bought the manga, will post sample scans on my twitter if interested on Friday night.

That's not totally true. The schedule is:

11/5 Thurs, Episode 1 (Permanently Available)
11/6 Fri, Episode 2 (Available 24 hours)
11/7 Sat, Episode 3 (Available 24 hours)
11/8 Sun, Episode 4 (Available 24 hours)
11/9 Mon, Episode 5 (Available 4 days)
11/13 Fri, Episode 6 (Available 6 days)
11/19 Thurs, Episode 7 (Available 7 days)

And then a regular weekly rotation every Thursday.

ChrisDM

That's not totally true. The schedule is:

11/5 Thurs, Episode 1 (Permanently Available)
11/6 Fri, Episode 2 (Available 24 hours)
11/7 Sat, Episode 3 (Available 24 hours)
11/8 Sun, Episode 4 (Available 24 hours)
11/9 Mon, Episode 5 (Available 4 days)
11/13 Fri, Episode 6 (Available 6 days)
11/19 Thurs, Episode 7 (Available 7 days)

And then a regular weekly rotation every Thursday.

Not questioning your accuracy, but where did this info come from? I guess I get why it's 24 hours, but they could have made good extra money just having the episodes on YouTube. :( I worry about it being on Disney XD.

evanmisha

Not questioning your accuracy, but where did this info come from? I guess I get why it's 24 hours, but they could have made good extra money just having the episodes on YouTube. :( I worry about it being on Disney XD.

It's on the YouTube channel's about page.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZWFPpoheQVPrcG68A3ayVw/about

Welp, I have Yo-Kai Watch Preloaded on my 3DS now. Guess I'll see what all the hubub in Japan is about tomorrow!

one of us
one of us

Meffer

For people who preloaded the game, there's a patch that you can download on eShop right now. It's version 1.1 and its about 250 blocks. I tried to see what the patch was but showed no info. It likely applied some fix to a money trick I heard people used in the japanese version.

Sinople

Finished the first YW today, that was a great little game and I'm glad I gave it another chance.
Now I'm both a bit sad and upset when I read the many negative reactions of people who haven't even tried it.

My amazon copy shipped! Weird to think the day is finally here when I can play the game.
Been watching this closely since it came out in Japan.

R0ckman

Playing through 2 and enjoying it, very good game to practice my Japanese, not bad at all really. Helps with kanji I'm not familiar with using normally.

Is there some way to see what Yo-Kai are in a location? Not fond of grinding areas to make sure I've seen or befriended all of the RNG Yo-Kai.

Meffer

Finished the first YW today, that was a great little game and I'm glad I gave it another chance.
Now I'm both a bit sad and upset when I read the many negative reactions of people who haven't even tried it.
Yeah, I don't get it either. They keep directly comparing it to Pokemon too. The only thing they have in common is that they're Monster RPGs. Pokemon is not the one-all-be-all.

Yeah, I don't get it either. They keep directly comparing it to Pokemon too. The only thing they have in common is that they're Monster RPGs. Pokemon is not the one-all-be-all.
It's like the GT video is the only "review" that's out there. That's not even an actual review. lol

kubus

I'm working on getting the OT up right now. I always forget to prepare a clever OT title though, so if anyone has an idea please post it :p.

ChrisDM

Oh man, what's that phrase that the main character says all the time? Weak sauce?

Yo-Kai Watch |OT| Not Weak Sauce!

Hahah probably not. :(

EDIT: By the way Kubus, don't worry about the PM. Was just asking if you had any Yo-Kai merch you'd be willing to sell like stickers.

------------------------------------------------
EDIT 2: Came here to post this and forgot! I didn't know the Nintendo NYC event would have early merch! I wonder if they're selling it. ShikabaneHime13, let us know!

http://awaketetsuya.tumblr.com/post/132615901031/kimurakoichi-nintendo-world-is-full-of-yokais

R0ckman

Anyone who has the sequel, where do I buy chocobars and gum? I think I need it for a quest but I've only found some in boxes.

Top Bottom