• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

Tusk

Shoyz

Hasbros online store had it for only 14 after coupons but it's sold out for now.

Hasbro's Bushinyan medal has a generic looking speckle holographic pattern compared to the JP medal. Will the US medals be a downgrade?

Does anybody own a NYCC jibanyan medal and a Japanese watch, and could say if it should be possible to scan it if not for the plastic shell in the way?

Impotaku

Edit: Found it

Though on second glance, perhaps I had the wrong impression, some other photos look pretty similar. I thought it had more of a stained glass foil pattern look to it.

It does look like the holo pattern is slightly different but not by much, in my medal there are triangles and other random shapes in the hologram pattern. They seem more uniform in the youtube video but it looks very similar. I wouldn't worry too much it doesn't seem like a downgrade in that respect.

Interestingly one of the medals you posted a pic of though is a fake, yes sadly some of the rarer medals have been faked. You have to be careful nowdays.

This is the fake, the holo pattern is one giveaway but there's also another bit of a clue. The area where the medal number is on the fake is clear. It's supposed to be solid red, also the printing looks blurry and the colours are off.
tb29WKz.jpg

This one is real, notice the triangular holo pattern & solid red number panel in the upper right corner.
R4Ueqjn.jpg

Shoyz

Oh, that would explain it. Hasbro's looks like a fake and I used a photo of a real one for my original glamorization. :d Surprised the fake is so consistent, I thought the clear chip would thwart that.

I hope they can attain parity with some of the later medals in holographic patterns, USApyon's in particular are fantastic.

Meffer

Well, Hasbro likely isn't using the same molds as Bandai because they don't want to pay to use the rights to use Bandai's molds.

Impotaku

Yay my captain thunder medal has been shipped by Level 5, on it's way to my friends house.

Also the buster games are getting reprinted but with the captain thunder medal in them instead of the regular ones for people who can't register their games but can import.

In the Dec 15th issue of corocoro there will be another B medal this time B USApyon
next01.jpg

Tusk

Yay my captain thunder medal has been shipped by Level 5, on it's way to my friends house.

Also the buster games are getting reprinted but with the captain thunder medal in them instead of the regular ones for people who can't register their games but can import.

In the Dec 15th issue of corocoro there will be another B medal this time B USApyon
next01.jpg

Is it included with it or a mail thing?

Glad I'll have an easier shot at getting that new boss medal.

Edit: There's some new Busters info apparently. Big spoilers, so I suggest you don't look unless you're completely sure.
There's a second new Nyan. A new seaweed youkai. A New type of Tsuchinoko. A version of Captain Thunder with his costume half ripped off, and some alternate type of Captain Bully. Looks like a general. It also seems you can befriend Kabukiroid and gachadokoro. Oh there also seems to be a boss version of Bushinyan? Only saw a glimpse.

I just went on youtube and there was a video with an image of it all as the thumbnail right at the top of the page. I should be more careful lol

Tusk

Slimamander, if you could join me already you fuck then that would be great. :)

Busters? I could farm him with you later if you'd like. It boosts the chances of getting the medal to drop per player with that version of the game. Jibakoma is the best Youkai for that fight because all fire damage heals him.

Oh, you probably meant the first game now that I think about it.

Oh, in Ganso. lol

I finally beat it today. Going to go plow through Busters later once I get a fucking Slimamander, regardless of how long that takes. :X

Tusk

Oh, in Ganso. lol

I finally beat it today. Going to go plow through Busters later once I get a fucking Slimamander, regardless of how long that takes. :X

Ohh. Oh yeah, I forgot you can't even get them in the first game. They have Z medals.

Good luck with that. I wish they made it so you could feed them, though that'd probably make getting them too easy.

Ohh. Oh yeah, I forgot you can't even get them in the first game. They have Z medals.

Good luck with that. I wish they made it so you could feed them, though that'd probably make getting them too easy.
Well, you'll know when I get it because you'll hear a very loud "FUCKING FINALLY!" from a long ways away :X

EDIT:FINALLYYYYYYYY!
WVW69ikYR0ERdRhE66

Tusk

So it doesn't come with a download code for the update? Well that's extremely disappointing.

What's with the image of a game cartridge? Are we actually getting a physical version?

It's just DLC so no physical cart. Should be some good shit. Also, I used 5 5-star coins on my Honke. 5 items... I had saved beforehand so I went and reset and hoping I have better luck in the past. lol

Also got 4 Gabunyan from the Wakuwaku coins. I have 6 now. Still no rat. I used up all 8 coins on each version so I'll eventually have to make a 4th save file to try for the rat... Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol

Tusk

But right there in the video is an image of a physical 3DS game saying Youkai watch Busters GettoGumi

Just curious what that's about if someone figures it out

But right there in the video is an image of a physical 3DS game saying Youkai watch Busters GettoGumi

Just curious what that's about if someone figures it out
You talking about 40 seconds in? That's just showing what the various included stickers are for. One of them can be put on your cart and it's showing what that looks like.

Tusk

Oh. Well that's kinda cool.

I wonder how much of a change this update will have to the game. Like I doubt it'd change the menu icon, but will they have an alternate title screen?

I hope it doesn't replace the current song with the new one, I'd like it if it alternated between the two.

Alternate title screen would be cool. Jazz it up and all that fun stuff.

That said, I actually did finally get Ikkaku in Busters, grinded so it's at the low level of 22 (I haven't played that much sadly ;_;) like my other guys, and am ready to start plowing through that game. Also going to plow through Honke soon because I want Kyubi. Already got a good head start on that, actually.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"What are you, a communist?" I can't believe the English dub got away with that line.

Impotaku

While doing my monthly payday YW shopping on Amazon Jp i spotted a interesting medal i had no idea existed.

Universal studios Japan has a youkai watch attraction, if you pay for one of the stamp rally booklets that's in the shape of a youkai pad and follow the clues to win a special medal that's exclusive to USJ.

Suffice to say as there was only one on Amazon i bought it immediately as i have no idea if more will turn up.

Behold the USJ medetai medal :)
91tAtTZdJLL._SL1500_.jpg

91FDfCED%2BFL._SL1500_.jpg

This is the universal studios website with info on it.
https://www.usj.co.jp/company/news/2015/1022.html

Just when i think i have found all the info on all the medals yet another sneaky one trys to get by me LOL

Tusk

I've known about that medal for a while, I figured you would have seen it by now.

Super jealous that you got to get one.

Impotaku

I find medal collecting almost as fun as the games, love the artwork on them. It's always nice to flick through the albums looking at them plus it's handy to have a library of medals to scan when you want more coins.

Impotaku

Hehe Gyamandokuro, one of my fave bosses. Kind of sucks you got an orb though. Usually you can get some cool stuff from the gasha machine like the jewel nyans

Yeah, I like fighting the gasha bosses. But a fucking 10 exp orb? Come on you troll! lol At least the gold one gave me an Onemuno Sei which made me happy. :3

Impotaku

I feel your pain, had something similar with putting a 5 star coin in the gasha machine & getting a shit item back, yeah a gold doll is just what i want when i'm literally dripping in spare cash already. Thanks gasha machine.

Not like the 5 star coins are in large abundance on QR codes or anything, just love rare coins been wasted & giving me crap items lol.

In Honke my 5 star coins gave me nothing but items. All 5 of them. Both in the present and past.

But eh, I'm only missing one S-Rank gacha Yo-Kai from the present and 3 from the past so I'm not terribly concerned. But still...

Tusk

Apparently there's a 3rd add-on set for the Youkai Watch U. I can't find any pictures on it, or what medals it comes with though. I hope it's not the same as what comes with the U1 and U2 sets.

Edit: Apparently it's movie related, so maybe it'll have something different.

Impotaku

Apparently there's a 3rd add-on set for the Youkai Watch U. I can't find any pictures on it, or what medals it comes with though. I hope it's not the same as what comes with the U1 and U2 sets.

Edit: Apparently it's movie related, so maybe it'll have something different.

Yeah came across that E evolution set last night while browsing Amazon, no picture of it yet so no idea if that one comes with the Edison legend medal too, but i put a preorder in as i can always cancel later if it's the same as the other 2 sets as it's not out till the end of Dec.

Impotaku

Have you tried completing the amida paradise dungeon yet? the boss at the end is brutal, even with a level 99 team you will get destroyed. I have yet to even remotely make a dent on that boss i need to assemble a proper team that is suited to fighting that boss as my current team just isn't upto it.

On other news the dec 15th issue of corocoro is up for preorder, according to corocoro's website it will contain the B USApyon medal inside the issue, not one of those mail away service things thankfully.

Amazon Jp users can preorder here
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00K14UJW4/

Tusk

I was browsing rakuten to pass a little time and see if there's anything I'd want, and I came across a listing that said "specter watch monster pad S" and it comes out in 2016. Safe to assume there is gonna be a new Youkai Pad?

If that's what it is, I'll probably get it. Had planned on getting the original pad, but changed my mind on it.

Impotaku

I was browsing rakuten to pass a little time and see if there's anything I'd want, and I came across a listing that said "specter watch monster pad S" and it comes out in 2016. Safe to assume there is gonna be a new Youkai Pad?

If that's what it is, I'll probably get it. Had planned on getting the original pad, but changed my mind on it.

Most likely yes as the current pad will not read anything after the buster sets of medals, would make sense if they are planning on releasing a newer version to read the newer sets, i'll have to have a look on Amazon and see if i can find anything on it.

Impotaku

Not listed on Amazon but i did find info, seems it comes out in March next year and will be a lot bigger size also it's a lot more expensive as it's nearly 10,000yen.

From the image it seems it will indeed read all medals. Also comes with 2 song medals. Also has an SD card slot so it will be upgradeable like the U watch as new medal sets come out.
yokaipad.s.png

Tusk

Not listed on Amazon but i did find info, seems it comes out in March next year and will be a lot bigger size also it's a lot more expensive as it's nearly 10,000yen.

From the image it seems it will indeed read all medals. Also comes with 2 song medals. Also has an SD card slot so it will be upgradeable like the U watch as new medal sets come out.
yokaipad.s.png

Ohh. Well, then I'll have to get this one for sure. I hope the medals are actually exclusive to it and not available in packs. Would make it feel less worth it if they pulled that. Also wonder if they plan on advertising it in the show by having Whisper use it instead. If it's at all different in appearance other than the size.

Impotaku

Will be fun to see what new stuff they add to it, wonder if they will use a better screen this time considering it's price.

Found a few videos of the Universal studios Japan, youkai watch the real 2 attraction. It looks awesome, they have recreated various bits of the streets and have actors playing the parts of a few of the characters in the game.

It's almost like been sucked inside the game, damn those lucky Japanese. I'd love to experience the fun of having a game brought into the real worls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvgWTzMNhm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzKyqb41c2U

Impotaku

Ohh. Well, then I'll have to get this one for sure. I hope the medals are actually exclusive to it and not available in packs. Would make it feel less worth it if they pulled that. Also wonder if they plan on advertising it in the show by having Whisper use it instead. If it's at all different in appearance other than the size.

Interestingly in that pic it mentions one of the medals will be a medaland campaign medal. Which means there will be a lottery medal up for grabs that can only be gotten if you register that medal on the site to allow you to be able to enter the lottery and use your points.

That's exactly how the roboryukun medal was obtained you had to register steve jaws to be allowed to access the lottery to try & win roboryukun.

The bushinyan song medal has kind of a similar rule however it's a lot more restricted as you can only try so many times each day & it depends on how many qualifying medals you registered. Each medal you register gives you one more chance each day.

Have you tried completing the amida paradise dungeon yet? the boss at the end is brutal, even with a level 99 team you will get destroyed. I have yet to even remotely make a dent on that boss i need to assemble a proper team that is suited to fighting that boss as my current team just isn't upto it.
No, because I'm well aware my current near-max team in Shin'uchi would get destroyed. lol. Beating it is one of my goals though.

Oh, I also ordered the blue guide and it was shipped last Wednesday. Looking forward to it because my only real way to access the net is my laptop and grabbing it all the time is a pain in the ass.

I also learned earlier about the whole brushing your teeth 20 times to make Count Cavity appear thing. This game has too many secrets.

Impotaku

More goodies today, the latest issue of corocoro with the gettogumi stuff in it. Plus some promo youkai medals. My pinto crusader, a robonyan no'28 from the medaland website lottery. a diyanyan daikitchi medal from the arcade machine and one of the hagure medals from the reissue of series 1. Registered my pinto crusaders medal so i could have another go in the latest medaland lottery to go for the uta bushinyan, managed to win again YAY. Now have one of the Bushinyan uta medals getting shipped at some point.

IMG_1121%20res.jpg

IMG_1120%20res.jpg

Lucky da nyan indeed :)

Top Bottom