• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

Impotaku

5 times so far, the rest of the medaland medals that i couldn't win i ended up having to buy. Glad i managed to win the bushinyan uta medal as that one is currently going for around 5000-7000 yen at the moment so that's saved me some cash.

Impotaku

Over the years i have had a lot of points to blow from scanning medals, some of them i have entered over 50 times till i totally ran out of points and won nothing and then on the other side i have literally just clicked once and won a medal. But yeah i'm pretty grateful to have won even that many times as it's totally random and there are so many going for the medals, must have used up my luck for this year winning twice so close to each other.

The most recent bushinyan medal was a bit more of a pain than normal as you could only go for it if you had registered a qualifying medal. I only have 2 of the qualifying medals in my collection so that meant only 2 goes a day to try and win. Usually on the regular ones you can keep going as many times as you wany as long as you have enough points to cover each go.

Isn't that Bushinyan one of the song medals, too? That has to add to the price a bit.

I might go for some of the English medals when they come out but I don't think I'll get the actual watch.

Pretty cool indeed. Reminds me of when Digimon used to do character songs, actually.

EDIT: ...Game, can I please just have a fucking Ageageha already?

WVW69imb0PAP4AKRUo

Impotaku

Hmm intriguing, seems there will be 3 medals per pack from that pic. Also 44 medals in series 1 compared to Japan which consists of 30 medals in that series 1 which means either theres a lot of new exclusives or they plundered another series to make up the numbers.

That Kyuubi medal is from series 2 in Japan.

Meffer

Hmm intriguing, seems there will be 3 medals per pack from that pic. Also 44 medals in series 1 compared to Japan which consists of 30 medals in that series 1 which means either theres a lot of new exclusives or they plundered another series to make up the numbers.

That Kyuubi medal is from series 2 in Japan.
Yeah, they mentioned it'll be in three packs awhile back.

They'll probably do mostly the same medals as Japan, but have fewer series with more medals per a series. This makes sense due to having more medals per a pack.

Impotaku

I REALLY need this song medal. The song is sooo good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39y3IXYB64&feature=youtu.be

It reminds me of a song I used to listen to alot, but sadly can't remember the name of at all.

It's the same medal that's given away as a prize in the design contest that's related to the 2nd film. No way for me to get it unless i use yahoo auctions which i'm currently in the process of doing as there's a few on there at the moment.

[edit] and my friend came through for me, there was a BIN auction so i didn't have to try and battle for winning one. Got one for 3180 yen.

Tusk

I couldn't tell but did they remove the LED for the western release of the watch?? That'd be so dumb.

Also figured they'd give Whisper the "slippery" summoning song, since he's a Nyororon in Busters.

Impotaku

Finally, the corocoro send away medals have appeared on Amazon. Was hoping someone would put them up on the marketplace after recieving them. That's 2 more medals down in the collection :)
61epLIRkrPL.jpg

41x8sPJwnmL.jpg

Impotaku

I really can't see them removing the led, even though it's not actually used for anything of importance the whole point of the watch is to make a working replica from the game/anime.

Well, this model won't be the standard for too long anyways. We'll probably get the DX after they release 3 series of 40-ish medals each, since the first watch only does 100-something medals.

Tusk

I bit the bullet and ordered the U Watch along with a box of Buster Medals. Should get them next week. I was weak.

It probably would've been better to pre-order the Youkai Watch U1 complete set. :b I can understand being impatient though.

nekobi

It's the same medal that's given away as a prize in the design contest that's related to the 2nd film. No way for me to get it unless i use yahoo auctions which i'm currently in the process of doing as there's a few on there at the moment.

[edit] and my friend came through for me, there was a BIN auction so i didn't have to try and battle for winning one. Got one for 3180 yen.

Any idea if it's up on Amazon? I need this medal. *^*!! It's too cute~

These song medals have been the first ones I really really want to collect.

edit: nvm, found it! Yikes, pretty pricey though :(

Impotaku

Yeah it's a bit pricy on Amazon i agree, they must have only appeared in the last day or so as they were not there when i searched before. Due to the nature of winning one it's one of the trickier medals to get if you don't live in Japan.

Keep an eye on it, as what happens is that once it's been a while the prices tend to drop a little once a few more make it onto the marketplace.

Impotaku

Amazon is getting to know me a little too well, been getting loads of youkai medal stuff in emails lately. Been meaning to get some decent storage for the ones that are not in my binders. There seems to be a whole industry sprung up for youkai medal storage, both official & unofficial storage solutions.

The kind of cheapy ones like the cybergadget 36 case
41xQ6YY%2Bu3L.jpg

Or the official omikuji battle attache case that holds 240, very tempted by that one, although at 7000 yen it's pretty expensive for what it is. Does come with some QR codes though. [edit] found out why it's so expensive on amazon, seems it's only available fro the premium Bandai site so peple are marking it up on Amazon as it's only meant to be about 4000 yen.
61z0zKVuSIL.jpg
61xA%2B9BE09L.jpg

61ygC13o6dL.jpg
61b3gh1SuyL.jpg

Need something as currently all my doubles are in a massive cardboard box got hundreds of them lol.

Impotaku

Whisper dollas.

They are used with the gashapon arcade machine, scan them in to increase your odds of getting the daikitchi when you get to the shrine part of the game, getting the best fortune means a free go on the gashapon underneath to win a medal.

Best thing is it's totally free to play, as long as you have medals you can use them on the arcade to try and win the orange daikitchi medals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_t0oNE1WEc

There's also one based on the busters game now too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJTjoj0vmc

nekobi

Yeah it's a bit pricy on Amazon i agree, they must have only appeared in the last day or so as they were not there when i searched before. Due to the nature of winning one it's one of the trickier medals to get if you don't live in Japan.

Keep an eye on it, as what happens is that once it's been a while the prices tend to drop a little once a few more make it onto the marketplace.

Yeah, I think I'll keep an eye on it and see if it gets cheaper. If it was available from Pizza-la, perhaps there will be more available now?

I splurged and bought the Bushinyan song medal though. I couldn't resist! It will be my first legend medal as well. :D

syxc23nh6dnnpgaeqxh5vnnd7q_nskkdk4qme

On a side note, I can't wait for the Busters update! The game is just so much fun! I wish it was easier to get certain Youkai though. I really want the fruit nyans and so far 150 hours in, 0. >.<; Everytime they drop, I lose the koma battle.

Impotaku

Nice choice Nekobi, it has a fantastic hologram pattern plus the song it plays in the watch is rather good.

On Amazon i have noticed with the legend medals they seem to get more expensive as time goes by. All the ones released before yamatan and older are now pretty expensive.Was a good idea to pick one up earlier rathere than later.

There's another song medal coming out on Dec 14th the medaland website will launch another lottery to enter to try & win one, the next one up for grabs is the crazy goku band song medal. There's a pic of it in the email they sent me. Not up on the website yet though.
goku%20band.jpg

Tusk

I also cannot wait for the Busters update. They've revealed a lot on it so far, but I'm a little bit worried that they've announced everything in it now and there wont be any surprises left.

Impotaku

There will be enough in the update to keep me going till YW3 as that comes out next year. Still haven't fought a lot of bosses on my own.

Even if i get through the games there's still medals to collect so that will keep me busy.

Finally found a fast method for grinding orbs thanks to the streetpass battles, after my homepass relay has pulled in 10 buster passes so i can keep battling teams for orbs, now the best part is for each battle you win you get 50 more orbs as a bonus and as long as you don't get defeated it will keep rising. I'm at 70 consecttive wins so it's currently at 3500 bonus orbs each battle won. It's pretty funny though as my team is in the 60's yet it can take down an all level 99 team, just wait for them to crowd me then use both my special attacks and then mop up the remaining health left. The battles rarely last more than 10 seconds making it a lot better than grinding from bosses.

Meffer

So my two boxes of medals came in today. Got what I wanted in the first box. The second box was just the same medals as the first, every one. Now I have doubles, how does that happen?
8fElNuW.jpg

It was really weird, same medals in the same packs in the same order in the box.

Impotaku

So my two boxes of medals came in today. Got what I wanted in the first box. The second box was just the same medals as the first, every one. Now I have doubles, how does that happen?

It was really weird, same medals in the same packs in the same order in the box.

You just got very unlucky Meffer, sometimes you get boxes that are identical or nearly identical in the medal distribution. Had a similar thing happen to me with my series 3 buster medal box but thankfully i didn't get every pack identical but still at least half were the same. It is very annoying though but the nature ofthe game when buying random booster pack stuff.

Guys am I doing it right?
WVW69inqUtw3svqwaN

You have your healers spaced out well so yeah that seems like a good team.

Oh okay. :p

I'll probably replace Zaki with somebody else while I'm leveling this Yami Kyuubi trio, though. Same with my Inugami once I give him one more level.

Impotaku

Looks like some of the 5000 youkai summer nyanbo campign medal sets won from the medaland site have appeared on Amazon, totally not worth the price though. After actually seeing them up close i was trying to figure out what made them so special then i realised i had read the Japanese wrong it wasn't gold framed medals but a set of every kind of medal frame although they don't even give you a meriken medal it's just a cardboard insert lol.

61bI7e4J24L.jpg

lol so not worth the 26,600 yen asking price lol
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B015ZOW9D6/

For that price id rather have the Inausa medal at least that one is special.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Weird episode today.
The animation on Komasan & Komajiro looked bizarre and rubbery.
All that Cheeksqueak stuff. So many fart jokes...

They played that awful new theme again. I don't get how people like that.

nekobi

Nice choice Nekobi, it has a fantastic hologram pattern plus the song it plays in the watch is rather good.

On Amazon i have noticed with the legend medals they seem to get more expensive as time goes by. All the ones released before yamatan and older are now pretty expensive.Was a good idea to pick one up earlier rathere than later.

There's another song medal coming out on Dec 14th the medaland website will launch another lottery to enter to try & win one, the next one up for grabs is the crazy goku band song medal. There's a pic of it in the email they sent me. Not up on the website yet though.
goku%20band.jpg

Oooh, I'll have to keep an eye out for it! I think I'm gonna try and focus on collecting all the song medals. I just find them so fun! :)

There will be enough in the update to keep me going till YW3 as that comes out next year. Still haven't fought a lot of bosses on my own.

Even if i get through the games there's still medals to collect so that will keep me busy.

Finally found a fast method for grinding orbs thanks to the streetpass battles, after my homepass relay has pulled in 10 buster passes so i can keep battling teams for orbs, now the best part is for each battle you win you get 50 more orbs as a bonus and as long as you don't get defeated it will keep rising. I'm at 70 consecttive wins so it's currently at 3500 bonus orbs each battle won. It's pretty funny though as my team is in the 60's yet it can take down an all level 99 team, just wait for them to crowd me then use both my special attacks and then mop up the remaining health left. The battles rarely last more than 10 seconds making it a lot better than grinding from bosses.

Have you tried doing the pig boss online with people? If done right, you get the max number of orbs per run (99,999 I believe). It's awesome for leveling up your team. :) I really wish getting certain Youkai was easier though. I don't see how literally everyone seems to have a bushinyan considering all the nyans you need to summon him. Then again, I guess it wouldn't be very hard for a bunch of Japanese school kids to trade and trade back between one another.

Anyone know how to get Buchinyan by any chance?

Meffer

You just got very unlucky Meffer, sometimes you get boxes that are identical or nearly identical in the medal distribution. Had a similar thing happen to me with my series 3 buster medal box but thankfully i didn't get every pack identical but still at least half were the same. It is very annoying though but the nature ofthe game when buying random booster pack stuff.

You have your healers spaced out well so yeah that seems like a good team.
Ah well, I got what I want in the end. I give the doubles to friends who want them.

Tusk

Series 1 and 2 medal lists with pics and precise rarity info

For us, legendary medals are just normal rare medals but with a different color. Expect the secondary market to jack up the price on them anyways.

I get the feeling these will be impossible to find if it's 24 per store tray, plan on buying as many as I can the instant I find some. Hopefully websites will sell boxes like they do Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards. How much are the packs supposed to cost? and where did you find this? Anything on figures or other merch that come with medals?

Top Bottom