• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

Impotaku

Impotaku

Finally the second kotoshi no owari medal has surfaced, the melon nyan version. You can only get it by buying the special inner set whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. All i see is kids underwear lol officially the most uncomfortable youkai medal purchase i have done yet.

Still, needs must if i'm ever to complete a 100% full set.

81aTvL1SB5L._UL1500_.jpg

If anyone else wants the link to them on Amazon Jp they are here
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B018RM1QQY/

Man Hasbro have really screwed around with the sets, not only are they no longer numbered but they don't even have the youkai names on them. On the plus side at least you get the legend medals without too much hassle.
Kid: "Hey, what Yo-Kai is on this medal?"
Hasbro: "Fuck you."

Impotaku

Kid: "Hey, what Yo-Kai is on this medal?"
Hasbro: "Fuck you."

Wiith garbage english names like those i probably wouldn't want to see them on the medals lol. Some of them are really REALLY bad.

Seems Hasbro are making up stuff as they go along, i spy a black medal which totally throws out what Bandai did as the medal colours indicate what type they are. Black medals are meant to be for busters only.

tiijj

The thing that I like about the Hasbro medal is that there's no small print in front of it (they put it at the back though lol) so the front looks a little bit cleaner. (the copyright, made in china on the face of the medal)

Wiith garbage english names like those i probably wouldn't want to see them on the medals lol. Some of them are really REALLY bad.

Seems Hasbro are making up stuff as they go along, i spy a black medal which totally throws out what Bandai did as the medal colours indicate what type they are. Black medals are meant to be for busters only.
I don't think that's a black medal. I think that's just the person making it forgetting to put in a medal template.

I also like the vast majority of the English names. When they're bad they're bad, though.

Impotaku

Yeah it does look a bit like that now you mention it. Hope they don't mess with the frame colours as that will cause confusion later on.

Amazon finally has pics of the evolution sets, interestingly the E set that's related to the film has totally different medals to the U1 & U2 sets.

This is the E set

First medal i'm going to call the Oh medal as it has the kanji for king on it, The character in the medals is Enma daioh.
There's also a special purple red hot oni backers song medal

Tusk

Oh wow, guess it's exactly what I was hoping for. That's exciting. That Enma medals frame is just like the movie version, so I guess it's sort of the same medal just a different picture. At least I hope it's QR has the same effect as the movie bonus one has. It's supposed to unlock a thing in the game that gives you a chance at befriending Enma in Busters.

I also really dig the watch case. Can't wait to get this.

Meffer

I got the U Watch yesterday and I'm just amazed of the quality and design. Easy access to battery, able to change the casing, quick port for SD, and clever use of lights. Miles ahead of the first watch with no offense.

tiijj

Finally the second kotoshi no owari medal has surfaced, the melon nyan version. You can only get it by buying the special inner set whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. All i see is kids underwear lol officially the most uncomfortable youkai medal purchase i have done yet.

Still, needs must if i'm ever to complete a 100% full set.

If anyone else wants the link to them on Amazon Jp they are here
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B018RM1QQY/

Here's what the kids apparel package looks like lol

Impotaku

Yeah the Busters medals have great artwork on them it's a totally different feel to the main sets.

There's now a new page on the medaland site that explains the unlockables of the medals. When the 12/12 gettogumi update comes song medals will have a function in the busters game you will be able to scan them in for records which will give you a musical aura while battling, not sure of the effects of each song so far that bit hasn't been explained.

Seems you can also use the medals in the WiiU just dance game too :)

http://yw.b-boys.jp/member/linkage/

Tusk

Yeah the Busters medals have great artwork on them it's a totally different feel to the main sets.

There's now a new page on the medaland site that explains the unlockables of the medals. When the 12/12 gettogumi update comes song medals will have a function in the busters game you will be able to scan them in for records which will give you a musical aura while battling, not sure of the effects of each song so far that bit hasn't been explained.

Whoa I've never seen that song medal with Momotaronyan and the other two before. How is that obtainable?

Meffer

Maybe effects like buffs in stats or good items will appear more often in field.

Beating up Japanese kids online is fun. :D

...Except I think I now have enough points (207) to face competent people. SHIT

EDIT: Yep I lost lmao. Only lost 3 points though! >_>

EDIT2: Won the next one though, yay!

Permanently A

These post game bosses are BRUTAL. The team that carried me through the story got knocked out in seconds on the first postgame sidequest boss I met (Blizzaria). For those who have beaten the postgame, which Yokai do you recommend?

These post game bosses are BRUTAL. The team that carried me through the story got knocked out in seconds on the first postgame sidequest boss I met (Blizzaria). For those who have beaten the postgame, which Yokai do you recommend?
Impass or Walldin w/ Sticker of Hate
Shogunyan/Gleam/etc. OR Kyubi/Tengu/Frostail/Flengu/etc.
Another one of the above
Healer (next to the Impass or Walldin of course)

And then a couple other guys that are more specialized to round out the party.

Permanently A

Impass or Walldin w/ Sticker of Hate
Shogunyan/Gleam/etc. OR Kyubi/Tengu/Frostail/Flengu/etc.
Another one of the above
Healer (next to the Impass or Walldin of course)

And then a couple other guys that are more specialized to round out the party.

Thanks for the tips, Impass seems like the exact Yokai I need to protect the rest. How does his skill work, exactly? Do I just constantly move him from back to front to reset his guard?

Meffer

Thanks for the tips, Impass seems like the exact Yokai I need to protect the rest. How does his skill work, exactly? Do I just constantly move him from back to front to reset his guard?

You have to use the book that allows him to guard more often.

You move him back and forth, yes.

Though yes, you should use the green guarding book so Impass guards frequently naturally, reducing the amount of time you have to do that.

hupla

How much was it? I checked amazon and it's CA$29 vs the US$19
Yeah the watch was $29 Canadian with the medal packs being $4 and the figure being $7. With how the Canadian dollar is right now I don't mind paying more since its still cheaper than importing and hey got it early I guess

hupla

So, does it have the LED?
No it seems they axed the LED but from what I understand it was the weakest part of the Japanese first watch? I'm pretty impressed with it overall the speakers are loud and clear and its just fun to hear all the jingles. Was also happy to get the legendary medal out of my first bag

No it seems they axed the LED but from what I understand it was the weakest part of the Japanese first watch? I'm pretty impressed with it overall the speakers are loud and clear and its just fun to hear all the jingles. Was also happy to get the legendary medal out of my first bag
...You lucky bastard :X

Impotaku

So they removed one of the watch functions just so they could save as much money as possible, not really a youkai watch then seeing as it isn't like the one in the game anymore.

Makes the Hasbro guy bragging about how the American watch would be better than the Japanese one all that more hillarious.

Finally, finally, finally rolled a fucking Inochitori in 2! Now I have all 16 Gacha Yo-Kai. :3

Gonna get a Yamatan tomorrow, just gotta trade it all to one cart. I'm so fucking happy about that due to how much of a troll Inochitori was. Took me forever. :X

Impotaku

It's cool you got a Bushinyan medal though. I wonder how rare it will actually be in the west.

Hasbro have already listed the rarity of it as 1 in 24 which is the same as a lot of medals in the same pack, so it isn't that rare at all. Don't expect to see it going for anywhere near what the Japanese one goes for.

Hasbro have already listed the rarity of it as 1 in 24 which is the same as a lot of medals in the same pack, so it isn't that rare at all. Don't expect to see it going for anywhere near what the Japanese one goes for.
Yeah, it'll be worth more than the other rares due to demand but there'll be enough supply to prevent super insane prices.

https://youtu.be/iy7ji5nMIS8

I made a quick video showing off the watch and some medals i hope it helps people decide if they want the NA version or not >.<

Great video, thanks for sharing. The Season 1 Yo-kai Watch doesn't release here in Australia until March. The wait is going to kill me.

Has anyone used ToysRUs' international shipping services? I just discovered I can pre-order the Season 1 Watch with the bonus medal for international shipping via their website.

Tusk

So, the new medal sets release date are on the product page and it seems they release on 12/12 along with GettoGumi. Guess I've got more to look forward to on my birthday now. :b

Saturday is gonna be super fun.

I posted this in the B/S/T thread, but I thought I might have more luck here. Does anyone have a spare NYCC 15 Jibanyan Medal? I'm happy to pay if the price is reasonable. I have looked on eBay, but the prices are well outside of my budget. I'd be willing to cover postage as well.

Top Bottom