• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

hupla

It's not that bad, hopefully it will be available soon.

Is the businessman komasan figure a medal holder as well?

No the business man is a transforming figure that goes between normal komasan and business komasan and just includes a medal, i really want it i hope it comes out soon!

Anyway i picked up the medal holder whisper today hes a cute little idiot
0gVush0.jpg

Sadly thought his medal makes the same noises as the one that comes with the watch >:/

tiijj

No the business man is a transforming figure that goes between normal komasan and business komasan and just includes a medal, i really want it i hope it comes out soon!

Anyway i picked up the medal holder whisper today hes a cute little idiot

Sadly thought his medal makes the same noises as the one that comes with the watch >:/

The whisper one looks good too now I'm really interested, which store?

Impotaku

Not even payday yet & i'm now officially poor, just had to consolidate 21 parcels at Tenso. A lot of single medal purchases to combine together, the usage fee this time is going to be brutal lol.

Still that's pretty much most of the daikitchi & hagure medals taken care of, a nice xmas parcel to look forward to.

Tusk

Th Busters site put up the info on the update, and stuff on accessing the VIP room.

When you start the game it gives you a screen on whether you want to start GettoGumi or Aka Neko Dan.

Impotaku

The same rules apply, if you upgrade your save you can't go back. It's exatly like when you upgrade your game & then save in the other versions if you delete the update to revert it back to an older version your save will no longer work, you'll just get an error screen telling you to update to the newest version.

Tusk

Welp, did my first VIP pull. I was hoping for Onigumo or something, but got a Youkai I already had.

Saw the video myself.

I'll probably just make a new save file since I admittedly am only level 20-something in Akanekodan. >_>

If you're gonna restart, lemme know when you get to 3 or 4. I'll do the missions with you if I'm on at the time, boring doing the missions on my own in SIT after doing it once in AND

Will do. Also, can you please help me transfer a few Yo-Kai over to Getto Gumi when I start a new file? Which will probably be tomorrow. I want to play through Getto Gumi with my spare Ikkaku, Inugami, and Kyubi, and since they're all at level 1 I shouldn't be OP or anything.

Tusk

Will do. Also, can you please help me transfer a few Yo-Kai over to Getto Gumi when I start a new file? Which will probably be tomorrow. I want to play through Getto Gumi with my spare Ikkaku, Inugami, and Kyubi, and since they're all at level 1 I shouldn't be OP or anything.

Yeah sure, that's fine. I'll be up for it later today.

Also, impotaku. Apparently that song medal I asked about before with the 3 taronyans on it don't seem to come in the new medal set. I thought it'd be the last unrevealed medal, but apparently it was this weird new Komainu Youkai. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXRwtskS8AU

Impotaku

Yeah sure, that's fine. I'll be up for it later today.

Also, impotaku. Apparently that song medal I asked about before with the 3 taronyans on it don't seem to come in the new medal set. I thought it'd be the last unrevealed medal, but apparently it was this weird new Komainu Youkai. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXRwtskS8AU

Could have sworn it was one i spotted in the 2nd U set but just had another look. Lol it looks like it was mistaken, it'll turn up eventually.

Seems my U2 evolution kit has already shipped and my chara deco YW xmas cake is preparing to ship. Hope my friend likes sponge cake lol, his son is YW mad been Japanese and all most kids are, hope he doesn't get too disappointed when he sees the cake and then finds out the medal isn't for him.

Someones done a review of the shinka kits, they look pretty good, i had no idea that the top cover was silicone. Thought it was hard plastic hehe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-eJ-8mggo

Impotaku

Gettogumi finally gone live, done the update. Man so much new content, one thing to bear in mind is online is pretty dead once you update as you can no longer play against non gettogumi updated players anyone below 2.0 will no longer appear on the online rooms. Seeing as a lot of people haven't updated yet the online matching is pretty empty at the moment.

One great thing is the new challenge missions where you wander around seeing how many bosses you can take out to get orbs within a time limit, you get like x2orb bonus and other extras. A quick game got me 7000+ orbs without trying and theres more stages for that so i no longer have to grind the streetpass room & single boss fights.

Also the corocoro gettogumi card now works if you had the issue of corocoro with it, enter the password on the front to unlock something fun :) It gives you a new coin called the mangetsu coin. I got kabukiroid when i used it in the gashapon.

Tusk

Gettogumi finally gone live, done the update. Man so much new content, one thing to bear in mind is online is pretty dead once you update as you can no longer play against non gettogumi updated players. Seeing as a lot of people haven't updated yet the online matching is pretty empty.

One great thing is the new challenge missions where you wander around seeing how many bosses you can take out to get orbs within a time limit, you get like x2orb bonus and other extras. A quick game got me 7000+ orbs without trying and theres more stages for that so i no longer have to grind the streetpass room & single boss fights.

Also the gettogumi card now works if you had the issue of corocoro with it, enter the password on the front to unlock something fun :) It gives you a new coin called the mangetsu coin. I got kabukiroid when i used it in the gashapon.

What, you got Kabukiroid?? Lucky. I used it in both of my games and I got the alternate color Donyorinu in both of them. I was so mad.

Also, I'm sad to see they go and release that Edison medal but he isn't included in the Busters update. Would've been fun being able to play as a new legend Youkai. Him and that new Komainu Youkai should have been put in.

Impotaku

Still haven't figured out where to use the records that you get from scanning song medals. Did USApyon's quiz though and got a fuku coin but i haven't unlocked the fuku gashapon machine yet.

Tusk

Still haven't figured out where to use the records that you get from scanning song medals. Did USApyon's quiz though and got a fuku coin but i haven't unlocked the fuku gashapon machine yet.

It's Komajiro on the floor with Honobono. I haven't done the quiz yet. Is it a one time thing? A once a day thing?

Impotaku

It's Komajiro on the floor with Honobono. I haven't done the quiz yet. Is it a one time thing? A once a day thing?

Ah cheers Tusk, haven't explored all the floors yet for changes. USApyon vanished when i passed his quiz, not sure if he will reappear. Hope he does and it's a steady way of earning fuku coins as those things are rare as hell. Would be good not to have to rely on QR codes and other ways to get them.

Tried the first busters war story chapter, got totally destroyed when the game decided to put both bosses against me at once after taking them down on theor own. Good job i carried my save over as there's no way in hell you can do these on lower level youkai. Gonna have to get all my team to 99 to stand a chance with these new levels.

Yeah, main reason I'm not transferring my save over is because I wasn't that far in Cat anyways. If I was farther I probably would've transferred.

That said, USApyon now makes cameos up the ass in the opening sequence. Pretty nice touch.

Tusk

Yeah, main reason I'm not transferring my save over is because I wasn't that far in Cat anyways. If I was farther I probably would've transferred.

That said, USApyon now makes cameos up the ass in the opening sequence. Pretty nice touch.

You mean the early parts of the game are changed to have USApyon appear more?

Tusk

So unlike most legend medals, Edisons is kinda special. In Busters it gives you this neat new coin I've never seen before. Wish I knew sooner since I already used up all of my pulls in the machine. If any of you haven't done your pulls, should post what you get from it.

Here's the QR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabkoEjkbvA

Tusk

Got Gyashadokuro whith my coin, hehe i wasn't aware he was available as a playable character.

Geez, you've got all the luck right now. I got Jinmenken.

Apparently you can use more than one Edison QR. So when you get yours, can you post the QRs? I'll do the same once mine comes in.

Here's more right here. http://youkaiwatch-nyansoku.com/archives/50141180.html

Edit: Also that mission that you can farm to befriend Momotaronyan and the animal companion nyans isn't really needed for farming anymore. There's a new mission I'm sure you've already seen where you can play as the 3 taro nyans and they have their own teams.

Well, if you play as one and fight the other two teams you can befriend them, if you have the items for them from the QR codes. Kintaronyan and Orashimanyan have teammates you can befriend off the bat. Two of the Youkai being boss Youkai.

You wont be able to befriend Kintaronyan yet since his item isn't available, so it's best to farm with him unless there's someone on his team you want.

Another thing is you don't even need to finish the whole mission, just go through the green door once you get the Youkai you want.

Impotaku

Yeah i have both sets coming at some point so i'll post the QR codes of the edison medals when they arrive.

Looks like there's a lot to do in gettogumi then, thanks for the additional info. One thing i do love is the song medal screen as you can listen to them all without having to use the watch. Seems the total is 30 will be curious to see if there's more than 30 released and how the game deals with that.

Only have the mcdonalds one registered so far, have to suppress a giggle when i start a level and that jingle starts playing, Baaagaaa baaagaa potato potato

Impotaku

Lol he's called the pink emperor. No idea where that one is obtained will have to check when i'm at home and have access to my pc.

Lol (edit) just noticed the WHF bit, looks like it's next years world hobby fair like the hinoshin boss medal from last years fair

Tusk

Lol he's called the pink emperor. No idea where that one is obtained will have to check when i'm at home and have access to my pc.

Lol (edit) just noticed the WHF bit, looks like it's next years world hobby fair like the hinoshin boss medal from last years fair

So, I'm guessing it will be kinda hard to get? The dude refers to the WHF in the video with the taro nyans song medal aswell. I hope they aren't too hard to get.

Impotaku

So, I'm guessing it will be kinda hard to get? The dude refers to the WHF in the video with the taro nyans song medal aswell. I hope they aren't too hard to get.

They should appear on the Amazon Japan marketplace, last years hinoshin medal was from the WHF and that appeared on there & luckily not too expensive. At first when they start to trickle on they tend to be pricy but as more seller start offering it the price starts to tumble.

Finally put in my last order of the year, picked up the yamatan legend medal along with 3 boxes of the latest 2 series of medals. Was going to go with 2 boxes but there are a lot of holos in them new sets so i want to make sure i get most of them. Also picked up the attache case to store all my spare medals and the last 2 daikitchi medals that have been released.

Won't be shipped till after xmas as i have to wait for everything to turn up but least it's ordered. Something to look forward to :)

Tusk

Let me reprise, any good how-to guide for non-japanese players? Like "Where's where" and "what does this thing or this person do"?

I really don't think you'd need a guide for that. The game is extremely straight forward. Only thing you might possibly need any sort of guide for is soul fusion for a few specific souls needed to make certain equip items, which you could easily do without.

This site has guides for souls and stuff if you really need it, it also has QR codes you can use.
http://youkaiwatch-nyansoku.com/

Meffer

I really don't think you'd need a guide for that. The game is extremely straight forward. Only thing you might possibly need any sort of guide for is soul fusion for a few specific souls needed to make certain equip items, which you could easily do without.

This site has guides for souls and stuff if you really need it, it also has QR codes you can use.
http://youkaiwatch-nyansoku.com/

Thanks! I likely get this game in the next couple of days. I need to finish this paper.

Tusk

So with the new medal sets out, they've already gone and put up the next Busters set on the products page.

They have a few medals revealed, but don't have the packaging yet. They usually have it there first thing, so maybe it spoils something and they're waiting?

There's some really nice medals, and Kintaronyans too.

http://yw.b-boys.jp/member/products/medal19/

So this mostly the place where we discuss Japanese news, maybe I won't post as much, because I rather wait for the games and merchandise to release in America.

Tusk

Oh thank god, least they are not out till feb lol.

The B usapyon medal is finally out as this months issue of corocoro has been released, scanning it gives a very powerful weapon to equip, here's the QR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVOcFWRE5GI

Oh yeah, that's very OP. Have you scanned the QR for Captain Thunder? He gives a pretty OP item too. It apparently gives USApyon infinite vader mode along with it's very nice state boosts.

With that item being a thing, I wonder what the pink version will have. It could either be the same item, or it could possibly give an item that gives infinite Emperor mode since like you said, he's called Pink Emperor.

Atleast that's what I'm hoping for. Emperor mode is so cool, and I'd love for a way to play as it permanently.

Tusk

Alright so, are there ways to cheat in this game or something? Like a Jap action replay?

I just saw one dude with Enma, then another with both Kintaronyan and Enma.
Pretty sure those can only be available with the QRs, and neither are available right now.

This same thing happened before with Sarunyan and Inunyan before they got released.

Meffer

So this mostly the place where we discuss Japanese news, maybe I won't post as much, because I rather wait for the games and merchandise to release in America.

This thread is for the franchise in general in all regions. Merchandise in NA and EU hasn't really been released yet so it's mostly about stuff in Japan right now.

Impotaku

Alright so, are there ways to cheat in this game or something? Like a Jap action replay?

I just saw one dude with Enma, then another with both Kintaronyan and Enma.
Pretty sure those can only be available with the QRs, and neither are available right now.

This same thing happened before with Sarunyan and Inunyan before they got released.

Yeah there are action replay kind of devices that modify your save files with cheats. However someone might have figured out the QR code encryption and made codes for the unreleased stuff.

It can be done as someone did it for the 2nd Taiko no tatsujin 3DS game as there was some 7-11 stuff that you could download only if you went to one of the stores and accessed the 7spot wifi service & yet a QR code exists to unlock it.

Not too fussed if people unlock stuff early it's not like it affects someones game, just means they have ruined the suprise for themselves.

Tusk

Yeah there are action replay kind of devices that modify your save files with cheats. However someone might have figured out the QR code encryption and made codes for the unreleased stuff.

It can be done as someone did it for the 2nd Taiko no tatsujin 3DS game as there was some 7-11 stuff that you could download only if you went to one of the stores and accessed the 7spot wifi service & yet a QR code exists to unlock it.

Not too fussed if people unlock stuff early it's not like it affects someones game, just means they have ruined the suprise for themselves.

Yeah, it doesn't ruin the game. I'm just super jealous lol. I mean, The Enma QR will be available this month so that's sorta fine. But I've gotta wait until February to get Kintaronyan.

Anyway, do you have the VIP room unlocked? And have you gotten anything good from it? I have had zero luck.

Also here's another moon coin. I got that new seaweed youkai and another alt color donyorinu.

0a729f8b.png

Impotaku

I'll have to wait till xmas as my aka nekodan game was a xmas present so i can't link them just yet as it's sat under the xmas tree. It came in my parcel a while back but i didn't pay for that one so i couldn't open it hehe.

Means at xmas though i'll be switching versions to aka and playing through that.

Tusk

I'll have to wait till xmas as my aka nekodan game was a xmas present so i can't link them just yet as it's sat under the xmas tree. It came in my parcel a while back but i didn't pay for that one so i couldn't open it hehe.

Means at xmas though i'll be switching versions to aka and playing through that.

Ah okay, cool. If you get any doubles of the new Youkai I don't have, think you could trade them to me? I'll give you a Yamabuki Oni, and Unchikuma in return. Along with other Youkai I may have/don't use you might want.

I mostly want Onigama, Onigumo, Kabukiroid, and the new Tsuchinoko.

Impotaku

If i get any doubles i'll let you know. Got a seaweed youkai using the mangetsu coin code you posted, A mozuku sensei to be precise.

Impotaku

Found something interesting on the corocoro site, i was looking at the feb issue contents and they mention the youkai pad S, there's even a little pic of it but i'm not sure if that's actually the real thing or not. This is the first place on the net i have seen a pic.

Looks really weird if that is indeed a screen on the front, what is the point of putting in a tiny screen that size when you have made it bigger lol. Also curious if that slot on the top right hand side is the SD card slot.
next08Img.jpg

Tusk

Found something interesting on the corocoro site, i was looking at the feb issue contents and they mention the youkai pad S, there's even a little pic of it but i'm not sure if that's actually the real thing or not. This is the first place on the net i have seen a pic.

Looks really weird if that is indeed a screen on the front, what is the point of putting in a tiny screen that size when you have made it bigger lol. Also curious if that slot on the top right hand side is the SD card slot.
next08Img.jpg

It's probably to make it as show accurate as possible and maybe screen protection, I dunno.

I'd absolutely hate to have it just be a screen and the screen get dust or something all over it when I leave it alone.

Meffer

So I ordered Busters as a reward to myself for finishing my finals. Got the White Dog version and should be coming in tomorrow. Can't wait to download the update.

Just got Busters last night and enjoying it, jumping into a "dungeon" and wrecking stuff with the youkai is more immediately satisfying than the main series. Also pleasantly surprised by the leveling mechanic, glad I can farm the onidama to help out under leveled characters.

My Japanese has weakened a lot since college and I've been skipping most of the story. At what point can I update to Gettogumi and is it free or do I have to get a JPN eshop card for money?

Impotaku

Just got Busters last night and enjoying it, jumping into a "dungeon" and wrecking stuff with the youkai is more immediately satisfying than the main series. Also pleasantly surprised by the leveling mechanic, glad I can farm the onidama to help out under leveled characters.

My Japanese has weakened a lot since college and I've been skipping most of the story. At what point can I update to Gettogumi and is it free or do I have to get a JPN eshop card for money?

Gettogumi is totally free you can update instantly if you want. Still think it was awesome of them to give essentially a whole extra game for free.

Gettogumi is totally free you can update instantly if you want. Still think it was awesome of them to give essentially a whole extra game for free.
Thanks, I'll look into upgrading tonight.

It is generous but I also think it gives them a lot good will from a business / marketing perspective since I'm not sure if the "craze" is as strong as it was last year. They could have probably charged for it since the time line is almost exactly like 2 to Shinuchi.

I have limited time and no friends with interest (or a JPN 3DS). Can I solo this whole game and accomplish most of the content or will I be missing out if I don't do multiplayer?

Top Bottom