• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

You can just play online with Japanese kids. :p

But yeah you can do most of the content solo. You won't be able to get certain things but that's it I think.

Tusk

Thanks, I'll look into upgrading tonight.

It is generous but I also think it gives them a lot good will from a business / marketing perspective since I'm not sure if the "craze" is as strong as it was last year. They could have probably charged for it since the time line is almost exactly like 2 to Shinuchi.

I have limited time and no friends with interest (or a JPN 3DS). Can I solo this whole game and accomplish most of the content or will I be missing out if I don't do multiplayer?

You can solo the main story. Once you hit around rank 10 or 11 you need friends to play with unless you're REALLY good at the game. You can play with randoms, or I'm sure peeps here will play with you when there's time.

To be specific, that legend medal is the pack-in medal. This game will also be at WHS '16.

They're also going to have a Busters time attack tourney there, featuring a pink version of the big not-USApyon. There are two divisions, but the single one is only for middle schoolers and below and the multi one requires at least half your team to be middle schoolers. WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL OLD LEVEL FIVE.

Tusk

So, I saw someone on Youtube get the new Tsuchinoko. Once you get him from the VIP machine, you get to have 2 VIP coins a day.

Impotaku

My Xmas present to myself turned up today, yet another huge box full of youkai watch medal stuff :) This time some of the rarer medals.

A nearly complete set of hagure medals of the older sets apart from 2 which the amazon marketplace resellers screwed up and sent me the wrong ones, can't be arsed shipping them back to fix it so i have ordered those 2 again.
IMG_1141%20res.jpg

A complete set of Onikitch medals that you can only win from the omikuji jinjya arcade machine, winning one medal is hard enough but they come out randomly so a set is hard to get.
IMG_1142%20res.jpg

The missing 4 diakitchi medals from the same arcade machine that i needed to complete the older set.
IMG_1143%20res.jpg

A special medal from Universal studios Japan, you had to purchase a program for 1000 yen to take part in a treasure hunt to solve the clues in the program to figure out the correct 4 medals to put in the spaces then find where the gashapon machine was hidden in the park and show your program and get a go on the gashapon to win the universal studios youkai medal. Glad i got it now as the youkai section of the park is only there for the winter.
IMG_1144%20res.jpg

Spare medal pages, a SD card to update my watch & a copy of YW dance for wiiU as i was after the medal in it. Still need a WiiU lolol.
IMG_1145%20res.jpg

Err it gets weird now, the underwear set contains a xmas medal, the newest binder for the song medal series 1 and 2 boxes of buster series 3 to try and complete my half finished set and 2 boxes of series one song medals. Plus a couple of medals in a set of trump.
IMG_1146%20res.jpg

Corocoro send away B Jibanyan & B Komasan medals
IMG_1147%20res.jpg

Also registered some of the new medals i got in the lottery to win the crazy goku band campaign medal, i only had enough qualifying medals to get 2 goes of the lottery each day. Err i won again, this time on my second go damn my lucks holding out. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY.
winner%20again%20lol%20res.jpg

winner%20again%20lol2%20res.jpg

Kind of makes up for the amazon resellers screwing up 2 of my medal purchases.

Congrats on winning again. lol

And yeah I always get anxious when ordering something from an Amazon seller until it actually arrives and I see it's the right thing. I got burned once but I can't quite remember by what, I think it was a cable not being the one I ordered or something like that.

Impotaku

After all the orders i have put in this is the first time that i have been sent the wrong thing, luckily they were not really expensive medals but i'm still 2000 yen down. I would have been gutted if it had been one of the truly expensive ones.

Impotaku

Broke my packs down finally got a complete set of busters series 3 including the hagure. Also got a nearly a complete set of series 1 U medals as i'm only missing the jetnyan holo and 2 of the other remaining hagure medals as i was lucky enough to get the donbries come true hagure in my box.

Tusk

Broke my packs down finally got a complete set of busters series 3 including the hagure. Also got a nearly a complete set of series 1 U medals as i'm only missing the jetnyan holo and 2 of the other remaining hagure medals as i was lucky enough to get the donbries come true hagure in my box.

Wow, same thing happened to me. All I had been missing was Jetnyan. I managed to find it for like a few cents on Rakuten luckily.

I got some stuff in today too. Not much. Just a Digivice, the corocoro issue with B USApyon, and a boss medal I was missing.

Edit: Was just about to post something, then instantly forgot.

But, other than that I just gotta say. With these new items, USApyon is so OP. You guys just NEED to level him up. He's great.

I'd also recomend getting one of those souls that heal you with each attack. I think it's Hyakkihime.

Meffer

Okay, so I have a couple of questions about Busters. I know Yokai are grouped by 4 classes which determine their role in missions. There's Attacker and Healer but what are the other two? Defender and Ranger (what does Ranger do)? And sometimes enemies drop these stars instead of the orbs. What do they do?

Impotaku

Once unlocked you can goto the shop in your base and use all the items enemies drop to build items to equip onto your youkai to make them stronger.

Meffer

Ah that makes sense. But yeah, played it last night and it's like the side game in 2 only waaay more expanded upon. I like how they did the home base, they could've just made base entirely as a menu but that would lose the point. But they made it so you can just from floor to floor on the touchscreen. Great job, Level5!

Impotaku

Finally making proper progress again with levelling, thanks to the hardest of the 3 orb missions i can now make 40,000+ in one go making it a lot quicker. The only trick is to avoid the boss without the red circles as ubaune will one hit kill you with that damn red beam and will keep chasing you once your spotted if you are not lv99 you ain't getting away lol.

All the bosses with red circles just run away so you can batter them for orbs, not playing any of the new story missions till my team is all lv99.

Tusk

So, finally someone has a Enma QR code put up online.

http://youkaiwatch2.blog.jp/archives/45914881.html

A really nice detail when you scan the QR. The key item you get is basically the medal that comes with the E watch set.

Also, I don't know if I got REALLY lucky or what, but I got him on my first try. So, it's possible he's guaranteed to join once you finish the mission after getting the key item.

hupla

So i got a very nice gift from a friend of mine who went to NYCC, the new york Jibanyan medal!

In the watch it just makes the normal charming summoning jingle and has Jibanyan say paws of furry but it was a v. nice gift! And today im finally grabbing the game since me and a friend are doing gift exchange and she told me she got it for me ahaha

Impotaku

I couldn't have done this without my friends help as there's no way i could have had this shipped to the UK, he gets the cake, i get all the bits on the cake including that kotoshi no owari medal YAY.

Last year the cakes were near impossible to find. This year managed to get a chara deco cake, hurrah for Amazon J
DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

And the medal i was after, the QR is free to scan into anyones game but don't bother trying on the medaland site i have already registered it.
DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

Tusk

Lucky. Hope I can get my hands on one.

Also, just checked my email and my NA release Yo-kai Watch shipped and will be here sometime next week apparently.

Impotaku

Lucky. Hope I can get my hands on one.

Also, just checked my email and my NA release Yo-kai Watch shipped and will be here sometime next week apparently.

This years medals are a bit more tricky to get, last year if you missed it on the xmas cake you could still get it by buying certain clothing items. But this year with them making 2 different kinds means you can't do the same.

The cakes are still available on Amazon but nobody has split the medal away from it to buy separately, not many listings for the clothing medal either. But at xmas youkai stuff tends to sell out as presents for the kids. Was the same last year as well, hopefully in Jan you might see some medals from the cake appear.

Tusk

This years medals are a bit more tricky to get, last year if you missed it on the xmas cake you could still get it by buying certain clothing items. But this year with them making 2 different kinds means you can't do the same.

The cakes are still available on Amazon but nobody has split the medal away from it to buy separately, not many listings for the clothing medal either. But at xmas youkai stuff tends to sell out as presents for the kids. Was the same last year as well, hopefully in Jan you might see some medals from the cake appear.

Do you have the second one? Can't remember if you got it.

Was wondering if they register as two separate medals in Busters, or if it's the same one. And if the pic changes depending on which you scanned first. I mean, it'd be kinda weird if they had it register as two separate ones.

Impotaku

Do you have the second one? Can't remember if you got it.

Was wondering if they register as two separate medals in Busters, or if it's the same one. And if the pic changes depending on which you scanned first. I mean, it'd be kinda weird if they had it register as two separate ones.

I have both now, they only register as the version with ichigonyan on. Both in the game & the medaland site.

Tusk

E version shinka kit looks awesome, the E medal does something very strange when in the watch as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD0N2uWijns&spfreload=10

Still no Enma daioh medals on Amazon but i keep searching daily.

Wow, can't wait to get it.

I actually found an Enma medal on Rakuten, by the way. Just waiting for it to come in the mail now.

You should probably check on there some time if Amazon turns up with nothing.

Also, I dunno why I never thought about trying this, but apparently the orange song medals give you a congratulations BGM in Busters.

Tusk

Welp, got my watch from hasbro, but it seems they didn't give me that bonus medal. Unless the medal is inside the watches packaging. Haven't gotten around to opening it.

Nope not in there. Well that's really dumb.

Welp, got my watch from hasbro, but it seems they didn't give me that bonus medal. Unless the medal is inside the watches packaging. Haven't gotten around to opening it.

Nope not in there. Well that's really dumb.

Same for me. Damn it.

Bought a bunch of packs of the US Medals at Toys R Us. Missing like 7 for a complete set and have tons of doubles. :|

Impotaku

A new utakitchi medal has surfaced from the arcade machine, going to be an expensive one to get considering it's limited to only 10,000 that sounds like a lot but in Japan it really isn't, starts appearing in machines from Jan.

It's kind of special as it's a medetai medal as well.
img_camp_02.jpg

Tusk

A new utakitchi medal has surfaced from the arcade machine, going to be an expensive one to get considering it's limited to only 10,000 that sounds like a lot but in Japan it really isn't, starts appearing in machines from Jan.

It's kind of special as it's a medetai medal as well.
img_camp_02.jpg

I'm guessing like the others it only says "congratulations"? Can't say I'd be too disappointed if I couldn't get it if it doesn't have some unique take on it.

Only ones I've bothered going for is the Tsuchinoko busters one, Usapyon and the Koma-san and Jibanyan song ones.

Same for me. Damn it.

Bought a bunch of packs of the US Medals at Toys R Us. Missing like 7 for a complete set and have tons of doubles. :|

Think I'll probably send them an email asking about it.

I sadly haven't been able to find any packs at local stories yet. They're not supposed to be officially out for a few more days though so that's understandable.

Only one store I haven't checked since it's a little ways away. Probably will this weekend.

Impotaku

All orange medals pretty much say the same thing, what makes them special is the amazing artwork & hologram/foil effects they use, they are literally the most impressive looking medals they even beat the legend medals for looks. Although some of the glitter song medal holo effects are really pretty.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooo I guess the English dub is going to alternate between using the English Gera Gera Po, and the crappy original song made by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh". Yesterday had the former, today's had the latter.
They should just stick with the first... until Season 2 rolls around at least.

"I hope nobody confuses me for Lady Gaga" Blah, not a fan of references appearing (unless that was in the original Japanese)

Tusk

Man, the RNG in busters is just completely against me lately. I haven't been able to get anything I'm farming for or hoping for in the VIP machine. The VIP machine has only given me items I have no need for these past few days.

Hope the RNG is going better for you guys.

Impotaku

So far from the VIP machine the only youkai i have gotten from it was today & it was Hatsudenjin, the rest of the times it's been either golden balls or high level boss drop items.

Here's something I've been working on that will hopefully prove useful:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9mAY_aRRkLZMlRiT2dtMGJKdlk/view?usp=sharing <-- Download it to be able to sort

It's a (rough) listing of move sets for all Yo-Kai from the first game. There are still some holes here and there (to say the least), but the info should be fairly accurate overall.

My plan is to use this data to make a character table, almost exactly like this one:

http://optc.github.io/characters/#/search/

Still got a long way to go, but it feels good to finally have most of the actual data collected.

Shoyz

For anybody interested in playing Yo-Kai Land (iOS/Android), I made a list of QR Codes for every specific Yo-Kai, which I converted into a raw format (so no more pain in the butt photos that won't scan in).

The Google Store won't let most phones download it, but if you sideload it you'll see if it can run anyways. Then you can use Bluestacks to get a compatible phone on your account to 'purchase' it to get past license verification.

I also made a list of every unreleased US variant medal here, leaked in monochrome from yo-kai land.

Dragoshi1

So, the english release is finally everywhere here in florida for medals, watches, ect.

I bought 6 packs, and 4 of those 6 packs had the same three medals in them;

Awevil
Hungramps
Tembo

It was...kinda bad. with the distribution of the boxes I got the packs from.

Also grabbed a Medallium and the extra pages pack, along with the watch.

The US watch, however, has its + and -'s.

For example, it's a LOT louder than the JP Watch. It also cannot be switched off, has no lights or scanning light(but holding down the button produces that same searching sound).

Overall, it's all good so far. Happy to see that the in-game voices are placeholders for most Yo-kai, which gives me hope for Fubukihime/Blizzaria's eventual english voice.

akileese

Wife and I went to Toys R Us last night to get a new bike for our daughter since she outgrew her old one severely and they happened to have Yo-Kai watch stuff in stores. Got her a watch, couple bags of medallions, the book case, and an extra thing of sheets. Out of four bags there were was only one double so overall, not bad! I also bought a watch for myself because I'm a grown up and I can do what I want.

The funny part is if you look online for stores to buy this stuff, they all say it's not carried in stores. Go figure.

Meffer

Went to Toy'sRUs and found they have the Yokai merchandise. Bought 8 packs of medals.
Notable finds were Cruncha, Venoct, Noko and Pandanoko.

Dragoshi1

Finally got to my local Target, but they were mostly cleaned out of Yo-kai stuff, aside from 2 picked through boxes of medals, medalliums, medal moment figs, the vinyls, and 3 plushes.

Bought 6 packs, though, my Medallium is almost done. Just need a few notables like Shogunyan and Komane.

Finally got to my local Target, but they were mostly cleaned out of Yo-kai stuff, aside from 2 picked through boxes of medals, medalliums, medal moment figs, the vinyls, and 3 plushes.

Bought 6 packs, though, my Medallium is almost done. Just need a few notables like Shogunyan and Komane.
Fuck, I hope the one next to Target's HQ (my local one) still has some shit on Monday. :X

Also I have to start my Eng YW game over again. Oh well. I mean, it's my files for 2 that would make me go berserk if I lost them. For 1 it's a bummer but I wasn't *too* invested in it.

Meffer

Fuck, I hope the one next to Target's HQ (my local one) still has some shit on Monday. :X

Also I have to start my Eng YW game over again. Oh well. I mean, it's my files for 2 that would make me go berserk if I lost them. For 1 it's a bummer but I wasn't *too* invested in it.

What happened? Made a mistake?

Tusk

Other day I decided to look for some packs and managed to find a few at a TRU. Bought only two.

Ended up getting Bushinyan in my second pack.

Top Bottom