• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Penguin

Finally back from my ban, and can talk about the show!

It has been a lot more solid since returning from like its 50th break.

I liked that they did in a single ep, what took the comics 6 issues to do and that's approve membership for members. Curious which YJ member gets the bump to the big team..

Didn't much care for Flash's voice though.

SykoTech

Heh, guess Superboy knows how Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash feel now.

Batman showing that he's better than everyone by already knowing Captain Marvel was a kid.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
When batman says something, and the league gives out yays/nays, what did he say? Voice cut out on the recording on my dvr

shira

Yeah that was assery, but Rocket being a mom was a big chunk of her character.

I think they only picked her because she
is black and thus able to go out with Kaldur - without creating some interracial teen dating. Ep 26 really makes this clear.

The earth has a 3rd green lantern, Guy Gardner
NO
But we could really..
NO

Great episode and the
Superboy Prime
thing was good too

Just finished watching the episode and this had to be the best one yet. Comedy, Action and repeated Mark Outs. Too good.

They gotta do something with Icon and Rocket at some point. Which then leads to Static later on. DO IT!!!

Would Red Son count as well ;P

Great ep., and the Guy Gardner scene was brilliant XD

EDIT: Gah wish that NO! scene was on YT =/

fidLM.gif

shira

Looked good, still a shit character in a shit franchise.

It looks good, but yeah overly detailed. Why spend so much time on that and leave Superman looking strange.

I'm more disappointed with Fate. Such a clean look in JLU and then they add too many detailings.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Superboy is dumb as shit. The moment that the panel opened up, I would suspested luthor as the monster he is. And damn if wondy wasn't hostile in this episode. I kinda hope that donna shows up now.

Slayven

That is why I hate the mentor/sidekick formula. Sidekicks still end up learning shit the hard way. That is why I am for the New Warriors school of young heroes.

Parallax

So the updated list of potential traitors is miss martian and superboy? Then I think they are gonna make aqualad the traitor somehow. Lagoon boy being on the squad in the future makes me wonder why have two sea based heroes on one squad..

shira

So the updated list of potential traitors is miss martian and superboy? Then I think they are gonna make aqualad the traitor somehow. Lagoon boy being on the squad in the future makes me wonder why have two sea based heroes on one squad..
Don't read unless you really want to know.
The mole is Red Arrow (Roy Harper clone) who is brainwashed by Sportsmaster into using the magic/technology/Starro pieces to brainwash the Justice League.

Superboy, Miss Martian, and Artemis have their OMG traitor/red herring episode - double cross with the Light to keep you guessing.

Crocodile

Reading this topic is like a minefield. Its' hard to tell sometimes which spoiler boxes refer to episodes that have just aired and which refer to episodes in the future.

Regarding Miss Martian's secret, I know there are different flavors of Martians but why is it so horrible if people know what MM is? Doesn't Jon look somewhat similar in his true form (sans color obviously)? How wouldn't Jon know about this if they are related by blood (I know she has tons of siblings but still)? Why would anyone care if she was just upfront about this from the beginning? Regardless of any stereotypes that may accompany her ethnicity, she has proven in all but this respect to be trustworthy and dependable.

Slayven

Reading this topic is like a minefield. Its' hard to tell sometimes which spoiler boxes refer to episodes that have just aired and which refer to episodes in the future.

Regarding Miss Martian's secret, I know there are different flavors of Martians but why is it so horrible if people know what MM is? Doesn't Jon look somewhat similar in his true form (sans color obviously)? How wouldn't Jon know about this if they are related by blood (I know she has tons of siblings but still)? Why would anyone care if she was just upfront about this from the beginning? Regardless of any stereotypes that may accompany her ethnicity, she has proven in all but this respect to be trustworthy and dependable.
Assuming the league have dealt with White Martians, they might think she is a plant. White Martians conquerors. No one remembers yellow martians or Jemm and his elk.

Parallax

As for the shape of the martians, from what I've seen, green martians are more slender and dare I say elvish while the white martians are more muscular and have a second mouth on their abdomen. They do share a weakness to fire, but I don't know if they are naturally genetically compatible, but if what young justice shows is comically canon, its possible

As for why does it matter? Well in the recent episode, certain characters were brought under scope due to secrets that were being held. Trust is a major issue when forming a team after all, and if she has a tendency to go berserk like the rest of her people, that's something that should be taken into account.

Parallax

Does J'onn know that she's a white martian?

thats an interesting question. he vouched for her, but if he has as many siblings as to be assumed, she could easily be one of the many whose face he doesnt know...

Flash

thats an interesting question. he vouched for her, but if he has as many siblings as to be assumed, she could easily be one of the many whose face he doesnt know...

Could also be that she took on the form of one of his siblings... I don't know.

Maybe he does know but doesn't think the league would respond well.

Top Bottom