• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your GOTY so far....

I can say that FFXI was the most fun I've had with any game this year. Looking back it doesn't seem as good since I played it so heavily, the flaws started to show after playing for 100 hours or so.

IJoel

seismologist said:
I can say that FFXI was the most fun I've had with any game this year. Looking back it doesn't seem as good since I played it so heavily, the flaws started to show after playing for 100 hours or so.

Yes. I've played more than 300 hours and the big flaws, for me (and in a way it's a matter of preference), just started to show when I reached level 25 or so.

I need to stop playing Monster Hunter so I can catch up on some of these great games I've been missing out on. I haven't even played Pikmin 2, Tales, Fable, or Burnout 3 yet.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Unreal Tournament 2004

UTCANCERSTICKS.jpg

It's like a dozen games mixed into one, plus cigarettes.

Meier

My overall GOTY so far is either Astroboy for GBA or the Chronicles of Riddick. PS2 title is Katamari Damacy thus far. Cube will be Paper Mario 2 in a few days I'm sure... and then Metroid Prime 2 Echoes in another month.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Gregory said:
Yes, uh no. Colin 2005 a fucking joke. Even the shitty WRC rally games are better.
What can you possibly find wrong with Colin McRae 2005?

And to whoever said ToCA rally > Colin McRae, you must be smoking.

shpankey

not an idiot
putting that turd colin mcrae 05 in here is laughable... there are so many other rally games that trounce it, let alone other games. that game is so boring, the tracks are boring, repetitive and lame.

Gek had the right pick for best rally game, by far.

Gek54

MarkRyan said:
What can you possibly find wrong with Colin McRae 2005?

And to whoever said ToCA rally > Colin McRae, you must be smoking.

The physics have gone back to that akward central pivot style that we last saw in CMR3. The graphics, sound and structure of CMR5 is the best in the series but when the foundation is bad then everything else crumbles. It would have been a AAA rally game if they kept or improved upon the CMR4 physics. WRC4 has a similar problem, great graphics, sound and structure but the physics are weak...at least from the latest code I played.

MarkRyan

Gek54 said:
The physics have gone back to that akward central pivot style that we last saw in CMR3.
I thought the exact opposite--that CMR2005 has a much less pivoty physics system than in CMR04. You can see this especially in how much less-twitchy the steering is. In CMR04, the front end could slide all over (twitchily) the place without slowing you down. CMR2005 has almost completely removed that, and the result is a physics system that makes the cars feel much more attached to the road.

Gek54

MarkRyan said:
In CMR04, the front end could slide all over (twitchily) the place without slowing you down.

Are you talking about understeering?

Which platform and controler are you using?

MarkRyan

Gek54 said:
Are you talking about understeering?

Which platform and controler are you using?
No, not understeering. It's just the way the car behaves during cornering. In CMR04, the cars are unrealistically responsive, which resulted in the front end of the car whipping side to side wayyyyyy too quickly without causing any understeer/oversteer, a phenomenon that's almost entirely absent in 2005.

I'm playing the US Xbox version of both games.

Top Bottom