• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You're a WHAT!?" Nier Gestalt|Replicant |OT|

She doesn't act like she does because she's a hermaphrodite.
I never said she did. My point is so far her entire thing is "I'm a man in a womens body" is her personality. The hermaphrdite thing which seems pretty pointless, confirms that's her characterization. So far.
I don't think anyone should comment too much on her until they've played the game through twice.
I have to play this game two times to understand a main character. Thats pretty retarded.

Is reading now a negative in gaming?
I don't think I said that. What i mean is that the game has mostly reading in it, so you have to read it.
Also your tag can't be quoted enough, you really have shitty taste
:rolleseyes: Yes because I don't like your shitty game.

Rahxephon91 said:
I never said she did. My point is so far her entire thing is "I'm a man in a womens body" is her personality. The hermaphrdite thing which seems pretty pointless, confirms that's her characterization. So far.

I have to play this game two times to understand a main character. Thats pretty retarded.

I don't understand how she's a man in a woman's body just because she swears or is aggressive. And I'm really not sure you understand what a hermaphrodite is. It's not pointless because a big theme of the game is persecution.

You get a lot of extra scenes and story in new game+ so no, it's not really retarded. The beginning of the second playthrough basically explains why she acts like she does.

Baloonatic said:
I don't understand how she's a man in a woman's body just because she swears or is aggressive. And I'm really not sure you understand what a hermaphrodite is. It's not pointless because a big theme of the game is persecution.
A hermaphrodite is someone who has both sex parts. The game itself acknowledges how un lady like she is. Girls don't tend to act like that. And so far her entire personality is I don't act like a girl on the outside. I act like a man. You know what the stereotypical idea of a man is? Aggressive and cursing, two things not commonly associated with females. Don't know whats hard to understand.

You get a lot of extra scenes and story in new game+ so no, it's not really retarded. The beginning of the second playthrough basically explains why she acts like she does.
Actually its pretty stupid. I don't have time time to playthrough most games more then ounce. I would like to get most of the story in one playthrough. Even in games like Mass Effect with all the choices,I don't have to play through it more than ounce to get a good idea on how the characters are like. I shouldn't have to play a game two times to understand a main character. Those scenes should be in the main playthrough.
But girls can act like that. And like I said, the way she acts isn't directly because she's a hermaphrodite.
ok I'm not saying the reason she acts like that is because shes a whatever. I'm not saying that having a dick is influncing her. What I'm saying is that little fact is a symbol of what her personality is. A very manly personality. Thats fine that girls can act like that. Whatever, that's not the point. Whats the point of her being a hermaphrodite then?

Rahxephon91 said:
A hermaphrodite is someone who has both sex parts. The game itself acknowledges how un lady like she is. Girls don't tend to act like that. And so far her entire personality is I don't act like girl on the outside. I act like a man. You know what the stereotypical idea of a man is? Aggressive and cursing, two things not commonly associated with females. Don't know whats hard to understand.

But girls can act like that. And like I said, the way she acts isn't directly because she's a hermaphrodite.

Rahxephon91 said:
:rolleseyes: Yes because I don't like your shitty game.

Wow, trolling in official threads is ok now? But I couldn't care less if you like it or not. What I like is how riled up you get every time someone quotes your tag :lol

schennmu said:
Wow, trolling in official threads is ok now? But I couldn't care less if you like it or not. What I like is how riled up you get every time someone quotes your tag :lol
Wow trolling users is ok now? I couldn't care less if you agree with me are not. Its just pretty lame and annoying to keep tag quoting it.

And I'm not trolling this game.

Cep

Banned
schennmu said:

Tag quoting is pretty low though.

...Anyway...

The dlc is decent, but what is most striking about it is how much incredible and new music there is...maybe a handful of tracks, and they're all excellent.

No Achievements = lame, though.

Volcynika

FateBreaker said:
...Anyway...

The dlc is decent, but what is most striking about it is how much incredible and new music there is...maybe a handful of tracks, and they're all excellent.

No Achievements = lame, though.

Any good story bits?

Rahxephon91 said:
Actually its pretty stupid. I don't have time time to playthrough most games more then ounce. I would like to get most of the story in one playthrough. Even in games like Mass Effect with all the choices,I don't have to play through it more than ounce to get a good idea on how the characters are like. I shouldn't have to play a game two times to understand a main character. Those scenes should be in the main playthrough.

ok I'm not saying the reason she acts like that is because shes a whatever. I'm not saying that having a dick is influncing her. What I'm saying is that little fact is a symbol of what her personality is. A very manly personality. Thats fine that girls can act like that. Whatever, that's not the point.

It's just the way the story is constructed. It absolutely works in the context of this specific game and story. Plus, the game isn't long and the second half only takes around 5 hours or less.

Fair enough on your second point, I understand what you mean now. I'm not quite sure how it's a negative though.

matmanx1

New Game + takes very little time and adds ALOT of story bits. I just started did the first 2 "dungeons" of NG+ and it took me less than 2 hours. You could easily "finish" the 2nd run through in 3-4 hours if you hurried. New Game+ DOES NOT start you back out at the beginning of the game. I don't want to spoil anything but you will be a good ways in when you start back for the 2nd go (and beyond).

I will say this though: Please do not stop at the first ending! There's so much more to the story than what you see on that first run. It's worth sticking around for the additional time!

Basileus777 said:
Is there anything added on the 3rd run through the game other than the endings? Can I safely skip through some cutscenes?

Yeah, just the endings change. Making a save before the final dungeon saves you a fourth playthrough.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
schennmu said:

If you troll on his/her favorite game, watch him/her explode. (Obviously by looking at his/her avatar).

Ridley327

I can confirm that the DLC does allow you to farm more effectively for the rare items, as I got an Eagle Egg from the isometric room in the third door.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Ridley327 said:
I can confirm that the DLC does allow you to farm more effectively for the rare items, as I got an Eagle Egg from the isometric room in the third door.

The isometric room in the third door?

Where is this exactly? The desert? The Hidden Shrine?

luxarific said:
The isometric room in the third door?

Where is this exactly? The desert? The Hidden Shrine?

I think he means the part in the underground mansion. The crates there drop some nice items. I've never gotten an Eagle Egg though.

Ridley327

It's the sepia-tinted version of the lab under the mansion. Lots of boxes to break and nearly everyone that drops will give you a rare drop. It's a good way of getting Titanium Alloy, too.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Ridley327 said:
It's the sepia-tinted version of the lab under the mansion. Lots of boxes to break and nearly everyone that drops will give you a rare drop. It's a good way of getting Titanium Alloy, too.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Will check there, since I've only ever found one Eagle Egg in the Aerie.

I wonder if the new
sheep-killing quest will allow me to get the Sheep-Whisperer trophy

I liked the DLC, but plot-wise it only really confirmed the
Drakengard-->Nier connection (that Caim and his dragon brought the black sprawl to Nier's world)

ULTROS! said:
If you troll on his/her favorite game, watch him/her explode. (Obviously by looking at his/her avatar).
Please, FFXIII isn't even close to my favorite game. And of course if you say someone's game sucks they are going to defend it. Or are you some super benevolent poster?

Sacha

Ridley327 said:

Great ! I was just starting to farm for the weapon upgrading trophies. This DLC is so awesome.

So it's not exactly clear. How do you activate the new costumes etc? I tried exiting out after completing the 3 doors and it said I unlocked costumes, but I can't select downloadable content from the menu at all. Something wrong?

I hope they add more dlc to the game. This one was fun even though it was just a bunch of challenge rooms.

pancakesandsex said:
So it's not exactly clear. How do you activate the new costumes etc? I tried exiting out after completing the 3 doors and it said I unlocked costumes, but I can't select downloadable content from the menu at all. Something wrong?

You have to go to the options menu from the title screen, the same place you go to change the difficulty.

Basileus777 said:
You have to go to the options menu from the title screen, the same place you go to change the difficulty.

What's the little "downloadable content" thing for then? Stuff that is not yet sold to me?

Cuisino

Neo Member
regarding the sheep achievement; I about 14 hours into the game and there aren't any sheeps anymore in the northern plains. how can I get the achievements? are there any other spots with sheep to kill?

Sacha

Cuisino said:
regarding the sheep achievement; I about 14 hours into the game and there aren't any sheeps anymore in the northern plains. how can I get the achievements? are there any other spots with sheep to kill?

You'll have to start a new game if they aren't on the plains anymore.

lljride

So I finally got this game last night. Only got to play about an hour since stupid UPS came like right at 7:00.

Still really early but I dig it so far. The overall feel of the world just in the first area is pretty awesome. The music is phenomenal and I LOVE the fade transition it does when you enter a new area. The music in that first plains area you go to with all the sheep and the broken bridge was blowing my mind last night.

A little fetch-questy at this early stage but I knew about that going in so it hasn't really bothered me yet. The combat is simple but fun, and I'm sure it'll open up later on with new skills and what not.

Can't wait to play it more tonight, I'm dying to see the different endings based on some of the comments in here.

Jinaar

A quick question on passing the game:

I finally passed the game for the first time and it
said ENDING B at the end of it all. I then started NG+ and started with Kaine's sequences. I just do not understand why they said ENDING B first. Did I miss ENDING A? Or is it saying "Go for ENDING B!" Shrug. Either way. The Kaine Dream sequence was an amazing story and Rahxephon91 has mental problems like no other. I do not think that last part is a spoiler though.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
ZephyrFate said:
Good, I wanted to see that connection finally, concretely, made.

Drakengard
fans will also be very happy with the description of the weapons you receive in the DLC.

Volcynika

Jinaar said:

said ENDING B at the end of it all. I then started NG+ and started with Kaine's sequences. I just do not understand why they said ENDING B first. Did I miss ENDING A? Or is it saying "Go for ENDING B!" Shrug. Either way. The Kaine Dream sequence was an amazing story and Rahxephon91 has mental problems like no other. I do not think that last part is a spoiler though.

Wait what? That's confusing how that happened, considering
before you get B, you have to get A.
Or so I thought.

Baker

Banned
I finally stopped playing MH3 long enough to start Nier up on Sunday. I guess my most pressing question is about the DLC. Should I wait until I beat it once or just get it now?

I'm around 11 hours in, but all I have been doing is side quests. I'm pretty sure I've only taken down two bosses (the stupid
desert box thing
being the latest).

My second question is about weapons. Why has every sword I've received been blatantly worse than the 3rd one you get early in the game? Do I need to spend a couple hours farming crap in the junk yard to upgrade stuff?

Jinaar said:

What does your save file say? It will have the endings you've seen listed. The message you mentioned will have said something like
Play again for ending B

Volcynika

Baker said:
I finally stopped playing MH3 long enough to start Nier up on Sunday. I guess my most pressing question is about the DLC. Should I wait until I beat it once or just get it now?

I'm around 11 hours in, but all I have been doing is side quests. I'm pretty sure I've only taken down two bosses (the stupid
desert box thing
being the latest).

My second question is about weapons. Why has every sword I've received been blatantly worse than the 3rd one you get early in the game? Do I need to spend a couple hours farming crap in the junk yard to upgrade stuff?

Yeah if you're farming for good materials, heard the DLC makes it much easier. Though wait until you get the Phoenix set of weapons. Soooooooo good, even at base stats.

Jinaar

Volcynika said:
Wait what? That's confusing how that happened, considering
before you get B, you have to get A.
Or so I thought.

Ya I know! The only thing that I know I did before I passed the game was I had 100% quests done, 100% weapons found, almost 40+hrs invested, 55% words found, and 2-3 weapons fully upgraded. And then it said
ENDING B!
!

My first ending was:
You learn that the Shade inside Yonah was the daughter of the Shadowlord. She is sad that her host body had her own father too... so she kills herself with sunlight. Weiss loses his book form. Kaine says she has things to do and leaves. You, Nier, watch the clouds with your daughter, Yonah. End of game. NG+, start with the Kaine Experiences.
- now with those people that have gotten
Endings A and B, does this sound like Ending B
?

Jinaar said:
Ya I know! The only thing that I know I did before I passed the game was I had 100% quests done, 100% weapons found, almost 40+hrs invested, 55% words found, and 2-3 weapons fully upgraded. And then it said
ENDING B!
!

My first ending was:
You learn that the Shade inside Yonah was the daughter of the Shadowlord. She is sad that her host body had her own father too... so she kills herself with sunlight. Weiss loses his book form. Kaine says she has things to do and leaves. You, Nier, watch the clouds with your daughter, Yonah. End of game. NG+, start with the Kaine Experiences.
?

Nope.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Jinaar said:
ENDING B!
!

My first ending was:
?

That's ending A.

Jinaar

Awesome then, Thanks for the quick replies. I maybe able to squeeze in another Ending tonight, but it may all have to wait 8 days. Vacation time.

Hope everyone is enjoying the piss out of this game. I haven't been so into a single player experience since DEMON'S SOULS(quasi single player experience I guess :p ) . I really heart me these Japanese games.

Emil.
Sniff sniff.

This game is like reading BERSERK manga. Really intense.

So do you need to be up to a certain level to be able to attempt the DLC, or do the enemies just scale up/down to your current level and equipment? I haven't opened my copy yet and I'd quite like the extra costumes during my first run, but obviously if it's all high level endgame enemies I'll have to wait.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Azure Phoenix said:
So do you need to be up to a certain level to be able to attempt the DLC, or do the enemies just scale up/down to your current level and equipment? I haven't opened my copy yet and I'd quite like the extra costumes during my first run, but obviously if it's all high level endgame enemies I'll have to wait.

I died twice on the third "room" of the DLC @ level 32, but I think this was because I was using a weak weapon and didn't use enough recovery items. Not sure if the enemies level or not. I would have enjoyed using the alternate costumes during my first play through of the game (but then I'm not a fan of Gary-Busey Nier and Kaine's butt-crack). The new costumes for Nier and Kaine are better than the stock versions, imho.

There are definitely spoiler locations in the DLC for areas that you only see later in the game, so you might want to hold off if you want a virgin experience vis-à-vis locations. Otherwise you don't really learn that much more about the plot.

Sacha

The 15 levels of the DLC are inteennnse. Music is great and refreshing. Wished there was more platforming and shooting though. Oh well, here's hoping for the next DLC ! :D

So, how exactly do we do this quest involving 100 enemies and wool ?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Sacha said:
The 15 levels of the DLC are inteennnse. Music is great and refreshing. Wished there was more platforming and shooting though. Oh well, here's hoping for the next DLC ! :D

So, how exactly do we do this quest involving 100 enemies and wool ?

If you're talking about the
Sheep Whisperer Achievement, it's just killing 100 sheep. I didn't do so before all the sheep disappeared in Part 1, so I'm hoping the new quest the DLC gives you (where you ride around the Northern Plains on a boar and kill sheep that way), will let me get this achievement.

Top Bottom