• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You've all been waiting for this day. It was inevitable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Don't the Lionel switch. clean cut Lionel vs Big afro Lionel(The Jeffersons incase you didn't know)

Anyone else got annoyed when they added Sam to the cast of different strokes?

Also what the hell are you guys looking at Vivian when there was that hot piece of ass Karyn Parsons prancing around on the set? What ever happened to her?

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Pochacco said:
All of the above are hilarious.

I'd also like to throw in all the Saved by the Bell stuff that doesn't make sense (about 213291 of them). There's a website that points out all the SbtB irregularities that's fucking hilarious...

HAHA You must post this link!

shoplifter

isamu said:
Anyone else got annoyed when they added Sam to the cast of different strokes?

Never speak ill of Bobby Budnick.

I prefer the episode where Dudley gets molested by the Maytag Man.

How about Married With Children when they dropped Seven from the cast. I think he "reappeared" again in later episodes on the back of a milk carton as a missing child. Pretty amusing.

Anyone else pissed that Belle Black is not the same Belle Black on Days of Our Lives? I swear that switch has just ruined that show.

Casts change all the time on daytime soaps but this replacement is just horrible...

Socreges said:
Jerry's first father was only in the pilot. His mother was the same. Elaine was also not in the pilot.

George's parents were never changed, I'm pretty sure.

Isn't the pilot the one with the law firm "BLABBA BLABBA oppenheimer taft" and Jerry waits out by the elevator of that firm to talk to this lady he met through Elaine(she was in the pilot if this is the first episode)....

I also think this was the first episode because George and Jerry start off by talking about buttons on shirts...and in the last episode...it ends with Jerry and George talking about buttons on shirts...and George says "haven't we had this conversation before?" Linking it back to the pilot, no?

The only character that changed was Jerry's father...which was for the better because the first guy couldn't act.

ErasureAcer said:
Anyone else pissed that Belle Black is not the same Belle Black on Days of Our Lives? I swear that switch has just ruined that show.

Casts change all the time on daytime soaps but this replacement is just horrible...

I hated when they replaced or misplaced Carrie. She was fucking hot!

Guzim said:
No way. He was the reason why that entire show was watchable.

And since we're on the topic of shows jumping the shark, you can't forget Sliders when Professor Arturo died.

Why did he get killed off? Sliders turned to crap imo when they got rid of the original cast. They shouldn't have thrown in the Quin from another universe and merged Quin angle. Should have kept it as straight sliding around.

Socreges

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
Isn't the pilot the one with the law firm "BLABBA BLABBA oppenheimer taft" and Jerry waits out by the elevator of that firm to talk to this lady he met through Elaine(she was in the pilot if this is the first episode)....

I also think this was the first episode because George and Jerry start off by talking about buttons on shirts...and in the last episode...it ends with Jerry and George talking about buttons on shirts...and George says "haven't we had this conversation before?" Linking it back to the pilot, no?
No. The pilot is the episode where Jerry has a lady friend stay at his place. Elaine wasn't a character on the show yet.

Socreges said:
No. The pilot is the episode where Jerry has a lady friend stay at his place. Elaine wasn't a character on the show yet.

If that was the pilot, then the "first father" was in two episodes. I recall him being in that offenhiemerblah episode. He gave the advice to wait at the office. It was were George came up with Art Vandaly.

Socreges

Banned
ManDudeChild said:
If that was the pilot, then the "first father" was in two episodes. I recall him being in that offenhiemerblah episode. He gave the advice to wait at the office. It was were George came up with Art Vandaly.
Yeah, that episode. Just the one. He wasn't in the pilot. That was actually the second episode.

mrkapawutzis said:
I hated when they replaced or misplaced Carrie. She was fucking hot!

Wow...you're old school Days. =) I've actually been on again/off again watching the show since like 1988.

Carrie was hot. That Austin was a lucky guy. But then again he dated Sammy too...so it wasn't all peaches and cream.

Krista Allen(Billie) of course was the hottest women on there ever...what the hell was Bo thinking when he went back to Hope? Greta...jungle women was pretty hot too...what the fuck happened to her(disappeared when I was on the "off again" setting).

Oh yeah...and that redhead who was in the high school episodes a couple years back was really hot too. Glad to see they brought back the rape victim chick...she's pretty as well.

LakeEarth

ManDudeChild said:
Why did he get killed off? Sliders turned to crap imo when they got rid of the original cast. They shouldn't have thrown in the Quin from another universe and merged Quin angle. Should have kept it as straight sliding around.

These things happened cause the actors wanted to leave the show. The professor became a dwarf, and Jerry O'Connel ... well... Kangaroo Jack.... yeah....

The only good thing about the Professor's death is that it might not have been him. A few episodes before the one he died in, there was a double Prof that could possibly have switched with the real professor. The episode ended with the stranded professor saying "My god!" so you never know.

mattx5

Hitman said:
Oh yeah. Did anyone else notice they got rid of John Ritter on 8 Simple Rules.

tsk tsk :p

I saw Boy Meets World mentioned in the thread. Anyone know if and when te show is going to be released on DVD? Is it already on DVD?

shoplifter

ErasureAcer said:
a bunch of blather about DOOL

Please don't make me start watching this again. My wife (then GF) more or less made me watch it all the way through college, and I started getting hooked.

Of couse that was during the infamous "You're mean-mean-mean KRIS-TEN" era. Some of that shit was great. The show suffers without Stefano.

Don't forget that Kimmy Gibler was Carrie Brady #1.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
The King of Queens: Carrie had a sister in the first season and Doug's friend Richie was eventually phased out of the show.

Also, the Cosby residence looked different in the first couple of episodes.

boy meets world came out on dvd this past tuesday.

B0001I55VU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

mrmyth

Another slight retool in reference to Boy Meets World - the Topanga character started out as the children of hippies, a free spirited earthy girl ditz type character. They reversed all that over one episode where she suddenly became a coiffed, fashion-conscious, popular chick. The change was never really explained.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Socreges said:
George's parents were never changed, I'm pretty sure.

Season 4, episode 22. The Handicap spot. George's father is a completely different actor, and I'm glad they changed him. :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
mrmyth said:
Another slight retool in reference to Boy Meets World - the Topanga character started out as the children of hippies, a free spirited earthy girl ditz type character. They reversed all that over one episode where she suddenly became a coiffed, fashion-conscious, popular chick. The change was never really explained.

She was a thirteen year old girl. Clearly, that's all the explination you need.

Socreges

Banned
Kiriku said:
Season 4, episode 22. The Handicap spot. George's father is a completely different actor, and I'm glad they changed him. :p
Woah, apparently you are right, though this is why I thought you were just off your rocker:

http://www.tvtome.com/Seinfeld/season4.html
NOTE: The U.S. syndicated version of this episode features Jerry Stiller in the role of Frank Costanza. Viewers overseas still see John Randolph in the role. The sequences were re-shot in the spring of 1995. A role he didn't formally start until the next season in "The Puffy Shirt". I've been typed that the John Randolph version is still being seen overseas.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0709907/
# "Seinfeld" (1990) playing "Frank Costanza" (scenes deleted) in episode: "The Handicap Spot" (episode # 4.22) 13 May 1993
I'd like to see the overseas version some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom