• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys 7 - US Release August 17th - $29.99 retail and PSN |OT|

Einherjar

Great game, started on Hard and while it was kinda easy to stomp through the bosses with potion money, I'm sure it was the right choice as I imagine Nightmare mode would just make killing enemies longer (Straining eyes/fingers more) and not actually any more challenging.

Enk

makes good threads.
This game made me want to pop in Felghana again. God that game is still awesome. I like that, despite the similarities, they both feel like distinctly different action adventure games. I still like Felghana's arcadiness approach to its combat and old school world layout more (and the freaking music) but Ys 7 really does enough right to feel deserving of being a sequel to the series. Hope they are able to make an Ys 8 down the road.

Does anyone have a Felghana end game save file I can use? I lost all my data in a computer crash and would like to play through this again on a harder mode.

MoxManiac

GDSJGgHFJhdfaj;EWG;

I beat a boss, did some shopping and grinding, and what does my PSP do? Randomly turns itself off out of nowhere before I could save. Why would it do that?!? it was plugged in and battery was at full charge.

sigh

john tv

Enk said:
This game made me want to pop in Felghana again. God that game is still awesome. I like that, despite the similarities, they both feel like distinctly different action adventure games. I still like Felghana's arcadiness approach to its combat and old school world layout more (and the freaking music) but Ys 7 really does enough right to feel deserving of being a sequel to the series. Hope they are able to make an Ys 8 down the road.

Does anyone have a Felghana end game save file I can use? I lost all my data in a computer crash and would like to play through this again on a harder mode.
Felghana's music is so godly. :D If you have a niconico account, pop this sucka on and enjoy the ride:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7613264

EDIT: Also, I have a Felghana save at the final boss (JP PC ver), but it's tucked away somewhere -- I'm sure you could find one on the net faster, but if not, PM me in a couple of days and I'll dig it out.

Ricker

Hey guys,speaking of Felghana and upcoming XSeed stuff...I listened to a podcast that had 2 guys from XSEED talking about Y`s and the Kiwi game, and one mentionned an epic RPG coming early 2011 but I just can`t make out the title he mentions...I think it ends with Gaia...anyone know?

This is the Podcast,at around the 40 minute mark...

http://www.mevio.com/episode/244681/good-games-podcast-xseed-games-bonus-round

Still early on,I left it on normal,I had a few problems with the first Boss,so it`s perfect for me so far...

MoxManiac said:
GDSJGgHFJhdfaj;EWG;

I beat a boss, did some shopping and grinding, and what does my PSP do? Randomly turns itself off out of nowhere before I could save. Why would it do that?!? it was plugged in and battery was at full charge.

sigh

My guess is that the battery moved by itself inside... happened to me sometimes with my old PSP.

I've reached the giant bug boss, I'm getting my ass handed to me but the status effect it introduced is kinda cool.

Salaadin

Some final boss/final chapter questions, Ill spoiler everything:

Am I missing something? I tried him again last night and I just dont have the power to do a lot of damage. Im at the first part with all of the arms that shoot ice and fire at you. I beat on the arms until hes stunned and then attack the orb in his chest but I do shit for damage. It ends up becoming a battle of "who will last longer" and after 25 mins, my rhythm is so fucked that I just cave and die. I got him to about 25% HP and he started going batshit crazy and then I died. Thats the best I did before my battery died and I called it quits and cried myself to sleep.

Are the synthed dragon orb weapons the best in the game? Im going to do some farming tonight to get some of them. I only have Adols right now.

What about those big ass monsters that you find in the wild that have a ton of hp? I killed 3 of them (brontosaurus, the snake in the desert, the sand worm before the fire shrine) but dont remember seeing any others. Are there? And do they drop anything else noteworthy that would help?

My defense isnt too much of a bother though and extra wouldnt hurt. I do a decent enough job dodging him in the beginning. I just dont pack the punch needed to complete the fight :(

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Enk said:
I definitely like the more actiony/arcadey approach that AoN/OiF/Origin takes.

Enk

makes good threads.
john tv said:
Felghana's music is so godly. :D If you have a niconico account, pop this sucka on and enjoy the ride:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7613264

EDIT: Also, I have a Felghana save at the final boss (JP PC ver), but it's tucked away somewhere -- I'm sure you could find one on the net faster, but if not, PM me in a couple of days and I'll dig it out.

While I couldn't find any save files I did managed to find a way to edit the .INI file to where it unlocks all the trials and difficulty modes. Thanks anyways for the offer.

Grimmy

Banned
Ricker said:
Hey guys,speaking of Felghana and upcoming XSeed stuff...I listened to a podcast that had 2 guys from XSEED talking about Y`s and the Kiwi game, and one mentionned an epic RPG coming early 2011 but I just can`t make out the title he mentions...I think it ends with Gaia...anyone know?

This is the Podcast,at around the 40 minute mark...

http://www.mevio.com/episode/244681/good-games-podcast-xseed-games-bonus-round

The title mentioned has nothing to do with Gaia - he said The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, which we knew about for a while now since it's part of the Falcom deal.

Aeana

jaundicejuice said:
What about Brandish? Any word on that? Is that part of the XSEED/Falcom deal?
I believe the last word about it was that they were interested, but that's all. I wouldn't expect it, honestly, as its appeal is even more limited than Ys and Sora no Kiseki, which are both going to tank as it is!

Yeah, I think it's been out for nearly one and half years in Japan, I guess a North American release is pretty much a write off at this juncture. I guess I'll just import it and muddle my way through.

Teknoman

Aeana said:
I believe the last word about it was that they were interested, but that's all. I wouldn't expect it, honestly, as its appeal is even more limited than Ys and Sora no Kiseki, which are both going to tank as it is!

Xseed better not pull an Enix in that case (advertising for DQV remake on the back of DQVII, and never releasing it in North America).

Brandish imported. I have no idea of how import friendly it is or, most likely, isn't but I didn't let that stop me from getting 7th Dragon. Sorry for the non-Ys 7 tangent but it is, at the very least, Falcom related.

Grimmy

Banned
Teknoman said:
Xseed better not pull an Enix in that case (advertising for DQV remake on the back of DQVII, and never releasing it in North America).

Not quite sure what you mean by this. How would XSEED pull an Enix in this case?

Teknoman

Grimmy said:
Not quite sure what you mean by this. How would XSEED pull an Enix in this case?

Ys VII sales causing I-II and III PSP remakes to not be released in NA/EU regions.

It probably wont happen...but these days you never know.

Grimmy

Banned
Teknoman said:
Ys VII sales causing I-II and III PSP remakes to not be released in NA/EU regions.

It probably wont happen...but these days you never know.

It would take XSEED's bankruptcy for that to happen at this point.

Volcynika

^Might want to add some context to the spoiler. I'm not sure what's in it, but some people might highlight it and see something they don't want to see.

Volcynika said:
^Might want to add some context to the spoiler. I'm not sure what's in it, but some people might highlight it and see something they don't want to see.

Tried to fix? If you don't want to see something I would think you wouldn't highlight the spoiler...

Volcynika

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Tried to fix? If you don't want to see something I would think you wouldn't highlight the spoiler...

Because there's a smart way to spoiler tag something and a bad way. It helps for people that might be far along and can answer your question. Unless you were aiming for people who already beat the game.

Volcynika said:
Because there's a smart way to spoiler tag something and a bad way. It helps for people that might be far along and can answer your question. Unless you were aiming for people who already beat the game.

Ah, didn't think about that. I'm usually worried about giving too much context and getting people mad.

Volcynika

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Ah, didn't think about that. I'm usually worried about giving too much context and getting people mad.

Yeah, it's a tough line to walk. I sometimes try for a certain area that doesn't seem too spoilerish, or at least an hour range. Like I'm going to Kylos or whatever, which really doesn't mean anything to anyone until you get there (hell I haven't gotten there so I don't know either!)

Does anyone have monster entry 101? I have nearly 30 hours on this game on Nightmare and haven't been cut off from a monster or quest yet. If you have noticed some monsters spawn during certain main boss fights. These enemies are unique to the bestiary. However, if you have noticed, enemies take multiple slayings for their entire stat page to be registered. The devs were nice enough to make these one-time monsters fully reveal their stats, however, if you at least kill one of them.

Now, I have 6 save files at certain points of the game as backup :lol. I just finished the Sea Sanctum and apparently the main boss there summons a monster? Has anyone who has gotten this far killed this spawned enemy? I didn't see anything spawn during that fight, but some dudes on Gamefaqs claim that this enemy is summoned during the boss fight there. Again, it's enemy entry 101. Anyone have it? I am about to go try the boss fight again, but I just got done playing a long session and am quite exhausted.

Volcynika said:
Yeah, it's a tough line to walk. I sometimes try for a certain area that doesn't seem too spoilerish, or at least an hour range. Like I'm going to Kylos or whatever, which really doesn't mean anything to anyone until you get there (hell I haven't gotten there so I don't know either!)

Hours don't work since I'm already at 20 due to my habit of leaving the system on when taking a break/doing other stuff. :lol

LowParry

I think I'll be done with the game tonight. I await epic battle boss ending. :D Perfect timing as I prep up for Metroid next week.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finished off the last 3 quests with no fuss. Very easy in comparison to the regular bosses.

On to the Segram Sanctum, and beyond!

Volcynika

So are those early game titano quests supposed to be done later or are they even approachable early on in the game? I've seen a couple of them but wasn't sure whether to fight or not. :lol

Ricker

Goddam I suck at this game :lol ,there`s no Bosses I have beat so far on my first try,came close with the Boar though so a level or 2 and I should be fine(I was level 7)...loving it though. =)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The fuck with the last boss...

He has 3 parts with more than 70k life ea. My characters are at level 60, any tips? I'm on normal mode and his 3rd form ate up all my healing items.

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
The fuck with the last boss...

He has 3 parts with more than 70k life ea. My characters are at level 60, any tips? I'm on normal mode and his 3rd form ate up all my healing items.
Are you using flash guard?

Volcynika said:
So are those early game titano quests supposed to be done later or are they even approachable early on in the game? I've seen a couple of them but wasn't sure whether to fight or not. :lol

No, you definitely can't. The second one I tried to battle and it killed my first guy in one hit but was able to run away. You do pretty much no damage and they do tons of damage to you.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Aeana said:
Are you using flash guard?

Most recent try I used it but not as often, it did help though and I was able to beat the game but
Adol's HP was around 25 when I beat the boss, with no more healing items.

Overall, my thoughts on the game + ending (big spoiler):

I really liked the game, hoping Oath of Felghama is similar or as good as this. My only hate was the final boss due to his very big HP amount and the amount of button mashing. Ending was a tear jerker, Tia vanishing and Maya having the chance to see her one last time plus being able to speak once more was very... ;_;

Salaadin

ULTROS! said:
Most recent try I used it but not as often, it did help though and I was able to beat the game but
Adol's HP was around 25 when I beat the boss, with no more healing items.

Overall, my thoughts on the game + ending (big spoiler):

I really liked the game, hoping Oath of Felghama is similar or as good as this. My only hate was the final boss due to his very big HP amount and the amount of button mashing. Ending was a tear jerker, Tia vanishing and Maya having the chance to see her one last time plus being able to speak once more was very... ;_;

I loved Maya. I was so sad when she got Iskan fever.

IMO, Oath in Felghana is better. I think that if you like Ys 7, youll like Ys:OiF.
The gameplay is very action-arcadey, theres some nice platforming elements, and the soundtrack might be the greatest ever created. It lacks some of the more RPG elements of Ys 7 but it doesnt really need them.

I cant wait to play OiF again.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Teknoman said:
It was the DQIV PSOne remake, not the DQV PS2 remake. And strictly speaking, that wasn't Enix's fault. The developers of the remake (Heartbeat, IIRC?) went out of business befoe they finished the US version. Remember, Enix doesn't develop their own games.

Didn't make seeing the DQIV advert on the back of the DQVII manual hurt any less, admittedly.

duckroll

I beat the game today. Took about 25 hours overall. Really long for a Ys game, and almost felt too long at some times. I really enjoyed it. Not really in a mood to type longer impressions right now though. Kon's death is making everything feel so meh. :/

jaundicejuice said:
Brandish imported. I have no idea of how import friendly it is or, most likely, isn't but I didn't let that stop me from getting 7th Dragon.
I remember hearing that Brandish is very import friendly. Hey, when you get your copy, please leave your impressions somewhere.

mauaus

duckroll said:
I beat the game today. Took about 25 hours overall. Really long for a Ys game, and almost felt too long at some times. I really enjoyed it. Not really in a mood to type longer impressions right now though.
Kon's death is making everything feel so meh
. :/
SPOOOOOOOOOILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
duckroll said:
I beat the game today. Took about 25 hours overall. Really long for a Ys game, and almost felt too long at some times. I really enjoyed it.
I felt the same way when I played the Japanese version. It expands so much on what you'd expect from an Ys game but then you realize that those games had such a brilliant tightness and amazing pacing to them. It's weird thinking that a game can have "too much" content but, especially in the second half of the game, you've got too many characters and too many new skills to keep up with and most just go unused.

Even still, I really love the engine, it's so much fun and keeps moving forward with the fast action the last three games have worked up on. I would love to see them use this engine to make a full-out reimaging of Ys IV like they did with Oath in Felghana.

ULTROS!

I beat the game at 20 hours, I guess that's pretty fast.

Aeana said:
Satoshi Kon isn't a character in the game. He's a Japanese director who died yesterday.

:(

Paprika and Millenium Actress were so awesome.

Top Bottom