• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Community Thread | "Do you know the name Adol Christin?"

Holykael1

Banned
Single handedly saved the TGS conference for me.This is an all new Ys game, so it's Ys 8 even if they don't call it Ys 8. At least that's what the famitsu article translated by google translate(with it's very shitty translation) seems to suggest.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think any Ys game has taken place in that location, so it should be an entirely new game. Plus from the descriptions I've read it doesn't sound like V would work with the party system unless it gets a Celceta-level rewrite (which the game doesn't need since apparently it has a surprisingly strong story for an Ys game).

Aeana

The trailer shows where the game takes place, it's far far to the north from Xandria. It's a new game for sure.

Psxphile

The trailer shows where the game takes place, it's far far to the north from Xandria. It's a new game for sure.

Looked like the "Greek" region, judging by the way the camera focused in on that area of the map. Now the only question is if this game takes place after Ys Seven or within the 3 year gap between Ys 5 and 6.

The game definitely looks like Memories of Celceta 2.

Mr.Jeff

If that's Dogi in the trailer, he seems to have acquired a weapon beyond his fists. It's vaguely pickaxe shaped though which would tie in with his wall-breaking compulsions.

Or it could be someone else entirely.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If that's Dogi in the trailer, he seems to have acquired a weapon beyond his fists. It's vaguely pickaxe shaped though which would tie in with his wall-breaking compulsions.

Dogi's hair isn't that color :p

LowParry

Wrong hair color. And he doesn't use weapons.

jb1234

Listening to my Ys playlist today, all ten hours, everything but Celceta (since I haven't played it yet) and V (since it sucks).

Can't wait for more Ys! Wish I had a Vita. :(

Reknoc

didn't really like what I saw if I'm honest, looked too much like the last 2 games which I'm no big fan of. Either way I'll keep my eye on it and will probably buy it anyway on Vita.

Psxphile

New info:

- Development 30% complete
- Story takes place before 7 and between 5~6
- New action system
- Wants to take advantage of PS4 functions and release as fast as possible
- Huge focus on the ocean

That answers that. Also that's a strange statement to make: before 7 and between 5 and 6. Because saying it's between 5 and 6 kinda implies it's before 7 already.

Started my Ys journey this past weekend on the Vita.

Never played Ys games before! Ys Book 1 has been quite fun so far, i'm in the Dharm tower, just got the first book from there.

Bought 1+2, Felghana, Memories of Celceta and 7 for the Vita, Origins on Steam.

The most important thing i had to learn was:
Stand still to regenerate!

I was so frustrated in the beginning that i could only kill few enemies at a time and had to go back to the city to get healed :D

Usobuko

Banned
Started my Ys journey this past weekend on the Vita.

Never played Ys games before! Ys Book 1 has been quite fun so far, i'm in the Dharm tower, just got the first book from there.

Bought 1+2, Felghana, Memories of Celceta and 7 for the Vita, Origins on Steam.

The most important thing i had to learn was:
Stand still to regenerate!

I was so frustrated in the beginning that i could only kill few enemies at a time and had to go back to the city to get healed :D

You're in for a treat, it only gets better from here on.

jdkluv

Barely. I'm still mad at how useless most of the alchemy spells were.

My biggest grip with the magic system is not only being useless, it also has no sense of progression and no way to know which spells are good. Fortunately alchemy was optional.

Still, I quite enjoyed playing Ys V despitde its (many) flaws, and I definitely think it's better than Mask of the Sun. It IS a good game, just not what you would expect from an Ys game. Fantastic soundtrack too!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Started Ys 1 (first Ys) last night.

3E56016FB11E7DE325410B8CA83AC8D61E0B5D1B

FUCK THIS GUY

Psxphile

FUCK THIS GUY

Welcome to Ys!

That boss is the literal definition of a trial by fire. It forces you to wait and memorize patterns and anticipate its actions before you can even think to move in for a hit, where before you were content to just ram into things willy-nilly

GaimeGuy

It's not as bad as bloody Mary from Terranigma at least.

Probably doesn't help that I am playing on nightmare

Just bought an Ys 2 for MSX2 box and manual only from the local 2nd hand sales site (marktplaats) and then I bought the MSX Ys 2 discs only from ebay. I can't wait to reunite these two :-D

GaimeGuy

I cheesed that rock spewing boss so hard. Jsut ran around in a circle counterclokwise while in its hit box.

Or maybe that's the only way to beat it. I don't know.

Psxphile

Pretty sure everyone does that. I don't know if there's a legitimate way to beat it that doesn't simply come down to a war of attrition.

GaimeGuy

Please don't tell me I have to climb all the way back down to see Raba. Please

The random bullet hell boss in Ys seem to be a staple at this point. Now that I know the trick to beating Vagullion, Dark Fact is the most annoying of the duology for me.

It Gets Better.

GaimeGuy

Why

5E5B4B5008829EEFAD6B952EBD54007BBE604BA3

(This is on nightmare, btw)

SUPER MEGA BREAKING NEWS AWESOME EDIT:

C431E5B9596E7A7177E2E037F91B6461F833C578

SUCK IT DARK FACT

Top Bottom