• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys: Memories of Celceta |OT|: The Ys-iest Purchase You'll Make All Year (Now For EUs)

Manac0r

Is there any DLC planned for this game? I have imported the US version. Is DLC region restricted? If so may have to double dip later on down the line.

I've played just about every other Ys game released but the last one was on the PSP which, admittedly, was a while ago. Should this be played on Normal or Hard?

AF_Writer

Banned
EzLx4dB.jpg

I started getting this weird graphical glitch early in the game. It goes away when I go to the menu but reappears when I go back to the main game.

I decided to save my game, close the game and reload, but the glitch came back.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Volcynika

EzLx4dB.jpg

I started getting this weird graphical glitch early in the game. It goes away when I go to the menu but reappears when I go back to the main game.

It's Adol's spidey sense, as Tom called it. Aka a memory for Adol is near (glowing blue orb in the back in the screenshot). Go pick it up. :p

The game was delivered this morning!! I'm really impressed with the package that xseed put together for this release. It absolutely blows the japanese limited edition out of the water. Excited to play again!

I love YsIV

bE9AZTJl.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm lost already. I'm in the Forest of Dawn and I feel like I've explored everywhere. What am I supposed to do?

jorgeton

I'm lost already. I'm in the Forest of Dawn and I feel like I've explored everywhere. What am I supposed to do?

Open the map w select button and head for one of the blue flags. It takes a little bit of exploring to get to the right path but it's not hidden or anything.

Volcynika

Beat the first boss on Nightmare (Duren didn't survive the fight ;_;) and then did a couple quests and got some new equipment. Haggling helps!

pa22word

So I'm a little stuck atm. At the water dungeon and have seemingly no idea where to go. Here's where I'm at:

2013-11-28-1001476juyu.jpg

2013-11-28-100217r6usp.jpg

Tried backtracking around, but haven't stumbled upon anything that would further my progression. Pretty sure I have all three puzzle pieces for the boss door too, but I just can't find a way around this room.

Levyne

Banned
Oh. I got stuck there too. Below is the solution.

There are two water jets, one low and one higher. You have to go BELOW the first one and ABOVE the second. It's a little hard to perceive depth so it may take a few tries but you can get through and it should then be clear what to do.

pa22word

Oh. I got stuck there too. Below is the solution.

There are two water jets, one low and one higher. You have to go BELOW the first one and ABOVE the second. It's a little hard to perceive depth so it may take a few tries but you can get through and it should then be clear what to do.

OH duh, lol, I thought I had to get around to the other side of the rock and knock it in the water to stop the flow or something.

maouvin

Am I supposed to be able to pick on any enemy right when I find them, or are there enemies that I should leave behind and fight later?

Aye, talking about the big guy on the area north of the first camp. After a few minutes dodging and doing crap damage I had to stop to get back to work, but his lifebar was laughing at me.

Levyne

Banned
There were definitely a few fights I avoided with plans to come back to, and I'm on baby normal mode. Giant apes in the second stretch of the forest and something a little more menacing later on.

Karna is HOT

Was able to buy one Silver Edition off my local Gamestop without Pre-odering. Great packaging. Will play this after I finish Oath in Felghalla which I recently bought off PSN

Were you able to get it sealed? I tried to get it there, but it was gutted. Said, "I...think I'll just order it on Amazon instead" to which the employee replied, "If you want it sealed, you need to pre-order".

Is that true (anyone)? I know you can get regular games sealed without pre-ordering, not sure about all CEs.

I don't understand all the hate for the graphics. I think the game looks great.

I'm about 10 hours or more into it and finding it hard to put down. One criticism I have is that the other party members run off way too damn far when you are fighting. It's ridiculous sometimes. I know you can order them to go into evasive mode but meh..

RangerBAD

EzLx4dB.jpg

I think it scared the shit out of a lot of us, but it is part of the game. Notice it doesn't occur over the text box. It's just Adol sensing one of his memories nearby.

Jawmuncher

I can't wait to play me some Y's on vita.
Though it think i'll grab Y's on Steam before I jump into that one.

Long Live Y's

I'm absolutely drowning in games so I was gonna wait on this, but hearing the limited editions are really that limited, I grabbed one this morning. But that's it! No more Vita games until DanganRonpa!
Unless I see Killzone for really cheap

Gotta love nightmare mode. Took a billion tries to take down the first boss but now I'm having a blast on the fields.

I'm at about a dozen tries at this boss on nightmare and I'm having a blast with it. I still haven't figured out the flash guard stuff.

Stuck on a quest. It's the Mega Weapon Test one, I need to kill Madogra-Slefs and I have no idea where they are. Anyone do this one yet?

Also, I cannot figure out how to get to the chest behind the gate on the first floor of the Lake P dungeon.

Karna is HOT

Were you able to get it sealed? I tried to get it there, but it was gutted. Said, "I...think I'll just order it on Amazon instead" to which the employee replied, "If you want it sealed, you need to pre-order".

Is that true (anyone)? I know you can get regular games sealed without pre-ordering, not sure about all CEs.

Yes it was sealed. Some clerks are jerks

Mzo

Of course you can get it sealed. Gamestop is one of the few companies in the US that will open a product and still charge you full price for the opened product. It's because they figured out long ago that they could save a miniscule amount of money on display cases by opening up a real game, putting it on the wall, and then selling it at full MSRP as new. Any other retailer in the world, Amazon included, will send you a sealed copy. Your Gamestop might not have received more than one copy of the game, which is why they gutted it and put it out on the shelf so the cardboard box can be destroyed by horrible children. Worst company.

We've been complaining about this for years and years.

Zafir

GAME are the same in the UK. You often have to specify if you want it sealed. I've sent games back before because they've been in an horrible state despite the fact it said new on the site.

Of course you can get it sealed.

We've been complaining about this for years and years.

Yeah, I've been complaining about them gutting games for years. It's one of the reasons I don't shop there as much.

To clarify, I was just talking about CEs at Gamestop. I know that it'll be sealed everywhere else.

Megatron

Bought my copy yesterday. It's annoying asking for this game. I told the Gamestop guy I had a preorder and he kept asking me to repeat the title. I had to spell it before he understood me.

Amusingly they were all sold out of the regular version but still had the Silvers. I admit the Silver box is really nice, but I just don't need that much stuff. I opted for the regular (since I had it on pre-order, it didn't matter that they were sold out)

I have to say that the box for the regular version is pretty ugly. Especially the back of the box... what am I looking at here? If I were a customer trying to decide to buy the game, the back of the box would not convince me. It's like whoever designed it forgot to consider how small the screenshots were going to be. They are so tiny, it's hard to make anything out, they look really rough. They should probably have zoomed in on the images to make it look better.

The cover is ok, I guess, but the title is hard to make out. If you didn't know it was a Y's game, you'd probably think the name of the game was Memories of Celceta.

So what're the early impressions of the game? Great/Good/Average?

It's Ys Seven style Ys. Which means its pure fun, with solid and fast combat mechanics and damned good music. My only complaint is that there isn't ENOUGH music, which is just odd for an Ys game, especially since the soundtrack for Ys IV, on which this game is based is massive. Several reused tracks in different areas makes me a bit sad. Ys up until now has been great at not reusing music between deungeons and different parts of the world. Story is well done, more or less a heavily expanded version of Mask of the Sun, even though it looks like it removed my favorite part of both Dawn and Mask, but again that is really nitpicky.

Great game, as per Falcom usual.

kubricks

Been on this game since I got it yesterday!
Thank GOD the opening is MUCH BETTER than Ys7! I am actually in combat for less than 30mins of dialog! xD

The flash guard/dodge mechanics has tighter timing than Ys7, me likes!

Levyne

Banned
Just wish the performance was a little better. Dips are infrequent, but not rare. It's great fun on the go, though.

I know some people don't like it but I love having a party and different playstyles to mess around with. I'm looking forward to seven because of that. It's also why I really enjoyed origin more than oath.

Well, map is at 100%. However...

Stuck on a quest. It's the Mega Weapon Test one, I need to kill Madogra-Slefs and I have no idea where they are. Anyone do this one yet?

Also, I cannot figure out how to get to the chest behind the gate on the first floor of the Lake P dungeon.

Still can't figure these out. Driving me batty. Anyone at all?

Reveirg

I really like the game so far, really fun gameplay!

But am I the only one finding the art direction and music inferior to Ys Seven and Oath in Felghana? Not sure what it is but something seems off...

Might just be I've had too much Ys in one year, I only discovered the series a few months ago and already went through all the localized games! XD

I really like the game so far, really fun gameplay!

But am I the only one finding the art direction and music inferior to Ys Seven and Oath in Felghana? Not sure what it is but something seems off...

Might just be I've had too much Ys in one year, I only discovered the series a few months ago and already went through all the localized games! XD

The soundtrack in this one comes on really heavy later on, and overtakes Seven in my opinion. Some amazing tracks in the second half after a lot of repeated tunes in the first.

As far as art direction, that is something a lot of people lamented (particularly before JP release). It's a much younger Adol (compared to the awesome Seven design), so I can see why they went the way they did.

Top Bottom