• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Fj0823

Yeah, figured it out. I forgot you needed the card in your hand too like a poly summon.

Some newer rituals allow you to use the spell card from the graveyard and tribute monsters in your grave,deck or even extra deck, others discard the ritual monster in your hand to get an effect. Making them really good (Even meta level, like the "Nekroz")

But older rituals are by far the worst mechanic in the game IMO.

Some newer rituals allow you to use the spell card from the graveyard and tribute monsters in your grave,deck or even extra deck, others discard the ritual monster in your hand to get an effect. Making them really good (Even meta level, like the "Nekroz")

Yeah, I drew the one where you just send cards from your deck as sacrifice instead.

It was terrible but I still adored my Relinquish and Toon decks from back in the day :D

They should do an updated Magician of Black Chaos by a different name that is to the standards of modern Rituals and make it so its name is treated as Magician of Black Chaos in the Graveyard.

Fj0823

They should do an updated Magician of Black Chaos by a different name that is to the standards of modern Rituals and make it so its name is treated as Magician of Black Chaos in the Graveyard.

They did for Black Luster Soldier. I think chaos might not be too far behind.

300px-RitualoftheSuperSoldier-DOCS-JP-R.png

Ritual of the Super Soldier
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Black Luster Soldier" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal exactly 8. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card, 1 LIGHT monster, and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Black Luster Soldier" Ritual Monster from your hand, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use this effect of "Ritual of the Super Soldier" once per turn.

And also
300px-ChaosField-DOCS-JP-C.png

Chaos Field
When this card is activated: Add 1 "Black Luster Soldier" Ritual Monster or 1 "Gaia The Fierce Knight" monster from your Deck to your hand. Each time a monster(s) is sent from the hand or field to the Graveyard, place 1 Spell Counter on this card for each of those monsters (max. 6). Once per turn: You can remove 3 Spell Counters from this card; add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Chaos Field" per turn.

This, the new ritual Super Soldier and the new little Knights mentioned before in this thread made ritual Black Luster a much better card

They did for Black Luster Soldier. I think chaos might not be too far behind.

300px-RitualoftheSuperSoldier-DOCS-JP-R.png

And also
300px-ChaosField-DOCS-JP-C.png

This, the new ritual Super Soldier and the new little Knights mentioned before in this thread made ritual Black Luster a much better card
I mean a new monster, not a new ritual spell.
Do these new cards make BLS viable?
I guess a new ritual spell and a field that works in conjunction with Dark Magician along with some new support would be pretty good.

Fj0823

I mean a new monster, not a new ritual spell.
Do these new cards make BLS viable?
I guess a new ritual spell and a field that works in conjunction with Dark Magician along with some new support would be pretty good.

Well why didn't you say so?

300px-BlackLusterSoldierSuperSoldier-DOCS-JP-UR.png

Black Luster Soldier-The Super Soldier
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Ritual of the Super Soldier". You can only Special Summon "Black Luster Soldier - Super Soldier" once per turn. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster’s original ATK. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, or if this card in your possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Gaia The Fierce Knight" monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

300px-SouloftheSuperSoldier-DOCS-JP-C.png

Soul of the Super Soldier
You can send 1 "Black Luster Soldier" monster from your hand to the Graveyard; until your opponent’s next End Phase, this card's ATK becomes 3000, also its name becomes "Black Luster Soldier". You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Knight of the Beginning" or "Knight of the Evening Twilight" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Soul of the Super Soldier" once per turn.

And yes, the deck is quite viable now for fun matches, I've gotten several wins on Dueling Network. But its not competitive

Well why didn't you say so?

300px-BlackLusterSoldierSuperSoldier-DOCS-JP-UR.png

300px-SouloftheSuperSoldier-DOCS-JP-C.png

And yes, the deck is quite viable now for fun matches, I've gotten several wins on Dueling Network. But its not competitive
Alright, something like this would be fine then I guess, along with the "Name is Magician of Black Chaos in the graveyard" effect to give synergy with Dark Magician Girl.

Fj0823

Any advance on building a Ritual Deck

Look for the "Nekroz" or "Gishki" the best ritual decks in that game.

Nekroz is a meta level deck that can use cards in the extra deck for their ritual summons, so this synchro lets you keep getting cards with each ritual summon (You dont even need to summon it, just tribute it from your extra):

Also, this guy
The other nekroz card keep getting you rituals and spells, making you never run out of cards in your hand. All while stalling your opponent making his special summons useless

rrc1594

Look for the "Nekroz" or "Gishki" the best ritual decks in that game.

Nekroz is a meta level deck that can use cards in the extra deck for their ritual summons, so this synchro lets you keep getting cards with each ritual summon (You dont even need to summon it, just tribute it from your extra):

Also, this guy

The other nekroz card keep getting you rituals and spells, making you never run out of cards in your hand. All while stalling your opponent making his special summons useless

Thx

Crosseyes

Banned
The game sounds like its got a lot of cool features. Can anyone explain how the drafting mode works in the game? Online or against AI, can be done indefinetly or need the in game points, have to unlock it, ect?

Definetly am someone who would need a few hours of tutorials though lol. Barely even remember synchros and xyzs sound pretty fun to mess around with but pendulums sounds like ridiculousness. Dump your hand onto the field instantly type stuff.

beanman25

Which packs do I need to specifically get deck worthy cards? Got about 20 card in my deck right now, with only up to bakuras pack unlocked.

Is there any real point to winning games in Sealed Play? I've done it a couple times and can't tell if there's actually a point to it other than the standard DP you get for winning a duel.

It's a great mode to get cards from though.

EDIT: I'm not exactly sure how, but I've won every single game of Rock, Paper, Scissors for the last at least ten duels. I think my subconscious might have cracked the ai for it...

So can anyone tell me what this game brings to the table for someone who already plays a lot of ygopro on PC?
A lot of story based duels using the characters from the shows, sealed and draft play, remote play on your Vita, supporting the Yugioh game franchise, and... I think that's probably it.

It's not going to be as up to date or probably polished as YGOPro (I haven't played it yet), but it's some good fun.

Fj0823

A lot of story based duels using the characters from the shows, sealed and draft play, remote play on your Vita, supporting the Yugioh game franchise, and... I think that's probably it.

It's not going to be as up to date or probably polished as YGOPro (I haven't played it yet), but it's some good fun.

What this fine gentleman said.

And also, maybe show interest might tell them that there is profit to be made on console games, and maybe hopefully we get a more complete release with card animations and customization in the future.

Hm... I have three Blue-Eyes and Polymerization, and I'm hoping to be able to kill Yugi with Blue-Eyes Ultimate, but he keeps stalling with Swords! DX

WaLlbaNg

Seeker was the hardest one yet, drawing 5 cards per round. Finally got lucky with my cards in my 5th attempt. Most duels before that one were easier

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
my friend want me to ask a question here for him since he don't have any account.

I'm aware that the game already included online multiplayer but I want to see people's opinions about multiplayer functions, like lags, etc.

Stuart444

Hm... I have three Blue-Eyes and Polymerization, and I'm hoping to be able to kill Yugi with Blue-Eyes Ultimate, but he keeps stalling with Swords! DX

That duel annoyed me a little but I won eventually with Ultimate Blue eyes.

But yeah, he kept using Swords or Mirror Force or that one card that takes control of mine or the card that reduces my ultimate blue eyes attack to 0.

Monster Reborn helped there though :D

So how would the vets rank this game versus previous games?
While I haven't played the console games, I think that it's a partial step back from the World Championship series on the DS. The Sealed and Draft modes are pretty sweet though, and the Campaign mode is pretty fun.

It was definitely worth the money in my opinion, but I'm hoping the next game is a bit more polished when it comes to basic things like card pack percentages and such.

EDIT: I've been remote playing this all day, and it really feels like an early World Championship game as opposed to a PS4 game.

It was definitely worth the money in my opinion, but I'm hoping the next game is a bit more polished when it comes to basic things like card pack percentages and such.
I know it's konami we're talking about here, but I was hoping they could simply just patch that in <_<

Top Bottom