• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Just finished Classic Campaign. Gonna do some Classic Reverse duels before starting GX.

Trying to figure out which packs might have MST and Bottomless.

Just finished Classic Campaign. Gonna do some Classic Reverse duels before starting GX.

Trying to figure out which packs might have MST and Bottomless.
I've been doing every reverse duel right after the standard duel, but maybe coming back for those later would be more fun...

bigkrev

Kaiba vs Yugi in Duelist Kingdom: Kaiba has 3 BEWD, 3 Poly, 3 cards that fetch Poly, ect. Only other lvl5+ is a Swordstalker. Yugi plays Horn of Unicorn to make Celtic Guardian a 2100, and your only answer to it is De-Spell (and he gets the Horn back). If you ever get a Dragon (and realistically, Polying BEUD is the only way because you have no way to keep dudes alive, he immediately kills it with Magic Box. Your deck then has no way to kill anything.

Super annoying.

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
Kaiba vs Yugi in Duelist Kingdom: Kaiba has 3 BEWD, 3 Poly, 3 cards that fetch Poly, ect. Only other lvl5+ is a Swordstalker. Yugi plays Horn of Unicorn to make Celtic Guardian a 2100, and your only answer to it is De-Spell (and he gets the Horn back). If you ever get a Dragon (and realistically, Polying BEUD is the only way because you have no way to keep dudes alive, he immediately kills it with Magic Box. Your deck then has no way to kill anything.

Super annoying.

He kept using that magic card "Big Guts" (I think) to nuke BEUD's attack to 0 (and the fucking thing then does damage to you EQUAL TO ITS ORIGINAL ATTACK).

Yep, the whole deck's designed to summon BEUD and Seto has a grand total of one way of getting it back (Monster Reborn. Oh, and guess what? YUGI HAS ONE TOO.).

Meanwhile, Yugi has at least two Big Guts, at least two SoRLs, Creature Swap, and Magic Box.

No wonder Seto tried jumping off the tower...

Fj0823

He kept using that magic card "Big Guts" (I think) to nuke BEUD's attack to 0 (and the fucking thing then does damage to you EQUAL TO ITS ORIGINAL ATTACK).

Yep, the whole deck's designed to summon BEUD and Seto has a grand total of one way of getting it back (Monster Reborn. Oh, and guess what? YUGI HAS ONE TOO.).

Meanwhile, Yugi has at least two Big Guts, at least two SoRLs, Creature Swap, and Magic Box.

No wonder Seto tried jumping off the tower...

Funny thing is Mini-Guts is a ZEXAL card, a card Yuma uses in his deck actually, What the fuck is it doing in Yugi's deck!?

Card's like 500 years into the future in the YGO timeline!!!

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
And bought.

Going to get my Harpie action.

Duelists beware.

PSN - vinniegambini

lol

I think I'll be buying this tonight, I had a hard time getting into the second game on the 360, however played the shit out of the first 360 game. Granted I haven't played the TCG competitively (or with any new cards outside of the 360 games) since around the time the GX anime was airing with those cards.

Skittles

Funny thing is Mini-Guts is a ZEXAL card, a card Yuma uses in his deck actually, What the fuck is it doing in Yugi's deck!?

Card's like 500 years into the future in the YGO timeline!!!
Yeah, i saw advanced ritual art and was like wtf? Made summoning bls 10x easier lol

How does Yugi have 2 slifers in his deck? This is just bullshit now. It's going to take all weekend to win the last 3 matches.

Edit: He actually has 3 in his deck... Bruh....

RE_Player

Having a great time. Way faster and more responsive than the PS3 games.

Sitting in bed on a Saturday evening, have a coffee and going through the campaigns, reverse as well.

Picked this up after reading this thread at work, haven't played the game since they added synchros and tuners so these new cards are really exciting to me. Going to comeback and add my name to the psn list when I get a chance.

Zunja

What's the difficulty curve for this game like and how long is it? I never liked playing the Yugioh TCG in real life but the games were a blast. For whatever reason tcgs are way more fun to me vs NPCs maybe it's the fact that I don't have to spend real money on packs.

Also is their an offscreen vs mode? I realize how lame that is but my girlfriend likes the games too and it could be fun to play together if possible.

_Nemo

Picked this up after reading this thread at work, haven't played the game since they added synchros and tuners so these new cards are really exciting to me. Going to comeback and add my name to the psn list when I get a chance.

Yeah me neither, have no idea what synchros/tuners are. Seems kinda intimidating to have to learn all this new stuff.

Salbug

Oh wow... I've pretty much got Weevil backed into an unwinnable corner at this point. >.>

11823124_986254224730222_8373981657840131774_o.jpg

So how would you good folks score it?
I gave a semi-review on the last page, but I'd give it like a 7 or so. A really fun game that is great for newcomers and experts, but not very pretty and low on polish. There's a lot of anime reliving single player content as well, so definitely still fun offline.

Fj0823

Yeah me neither, have no idea what synchros/tuners are. Seems kinda intimidating to have to learn all this new stuff.

The last section of the OP is full of information on the new cards and some other changes to the game!

I spared no expense to get returning players ready to duel

Edit: I give it a 7.5 the fun is totally here and lots of improvements have been made, but it needs a bit more polish to reach GOAT.

On fun factor, and as a game simulator, game is easily an 8 or more.

McBryBry

So how much of each storyline does the campaign go through? With the original, is there stuff following Battle City? And with GX, do they do into Jaden's super depresso phases later in the series?

Wonderllama

Neo Member
Ranked matches need a MAJOR update. It's just terrible right now. I'm surprised that Duel Generation has a better system since it's made by the same people. Hopefully Konami/Other Ocean learned their lessons from that game and will update.

Ranked matches should have actual rankings. That's just obvious. Use Bronze, Silver, Gold... something like that. The rewards points you get should be a lot more than the small handful they give you. At the conclusion of every match, both players should get a random card. And when someone quits, give the other player a win! People have been quitting against me in practically every single match, and you get NOTHING at the end. It's such a waste of time right now.

The last section of the OP is full of information on the new cards and some other changes to the game!

Edit: I give it a 7.5 the fun is totally here and lots of improvements have been made, but it needs a bit more polish to reach GOAT.

Yeah that end section of the OP was most of the reason I picked it up, you did a great job giving me a refresher and giving me the basic idea of these new card types.

Fj0823

Ranked matches need a MAJOR update. It's just terrible right now. I'm surprised that Duel Generation has a better system since it's made by the same people. Hopefully Konami/Other Ocean learned their lessons from that game and will update.

Ranked matches should have actual rankings. That's just obvious. Use Bronze, Silver, Gold... something like that. The rewards points you get should be a lot more than the small handful they give you. At the conclusion of every match, both players should get a random card. And when someone quits, give the other player a win! People have been quitting against me in practically every single match, and you get NOTHING at the end. It's such a waste of time right now.

Lol, reminds of of dueling network and the godawful A.S.S system. (I'm not joking)

Salbug

So would it be worth it to stick through with this game, or eventually move on to YGOPRO? I'm actually semi new at YuGiOh I guess? Well the new stuff anyway. Only experience besides the first show was YuGiOh Forbidden Memories, and my one friend who's basically a hardcore tourney player.

Fj0823

So would it be worth it to stick through with this game, or eventually move on to YGOPRO? I'm actually semi new at YuGiOh I guess? Only experience besides the first show was YuGiOh Forbidden Memories, and my one friend who's basically a hardcore tourney player.

Pro is way too fast paced to actually take your time and read the cards.

If you need to learn any of the new mechanics, Id say either watch the latest anime or play this game. Once you master those and how combos and lockdowns work in these new formats Id say you're ready to play pro.

This game is a great fast simulator, that slowly introduces advanced plays and the new cards to the player

It also has the sealed and draft modes, the Cool retelling of all the series, and also, you're supporting the franchise. So Id say go for it!

Now, Konami, where's my check?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, yugi decks are unbelievable trash. I had a game where my opening hand was gaia the fierce knight x2, summoned skull, dark magician, and red eyes black dragon...like what the fuck man, not a single thing that I can put on the field for awhile.

I beat the first series almost using the story decks for each fight but the one that broke me was actually a duel with destiny where you play as kaiba against ishizu near the end. His deck is really awkward and needs multiple pieces to come together to really get anything to happen. So many tribute monsters that seem to really need soul exchange to go off, and I got steamrolled by the one monster who gets buffed by fairy monsters in the graveyard each time and she kept bringing it back. I had to give in and just use a user deck which made it easy, but fuck was that story one way too annoying.

Did I really just beat seeker after failing umpteenth times like this? LIKE THIS

Lmao, I got close to beating it like this but didn't want to risk it and killed him when he had ~6 cards left. I saw he discarded 2 copies of multiple exodia pieces as his hand filled out too much, so I could tell his AI was dumb enough to throw away his only chance of winning.

So, anyone found any of the super heavy samurai cards in a pack? I'd have guessed they'd be in the pendulum pack (Which is the only arc-v focused pack), but after getting a shit-ton of those packs I still haven't found a single one. Though I did get a lot of other cool monsters, like a bunch of qli stuff

Are Sora's cards in this yet, or is that the "DLC" in the future part? Was curious if this game would make his cards frightfurs instead of des toys :(

also love how fast i can find online duels

Are Sora's cards in this yet, or is that the "DLC" in the future part? Was curious if this game would make his cards frightfurs instead of des toys :(

also love how fast i can find online duels
They would definitely be Frightfur since it's using the TCG. And I really hope this game gets consistent updates with the new cards, since there are always new decks I want to try out.

Fj0823

Any tips for an inexperienced player?

1- Keep your deck close to the 40 card minimum
2-dont run many high level monsters unless you have means to summon them easiliy, like Spell effects or Pendulum Summon
3-Use an extra deck, it's much better to have it, than not having it, and it affects nothing in your deck. Choose some Xyz or Synchros, or even fusions if your deck handles them, they´ll take you out of shitty situations
4-keep a consistent theme, dont play dragons with Knights and Butterflies, they won't work together. A deck needs synergy, and decks with a consistent theme usually have all their cards combine into combos.

JokerAceX

I'm gonna buy this just to support more YGO games coming out in the west, but I need to know are Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon in the game? If not I'll just stick to Dev Pro :<

DNAbro

I've been playing the demo and jesus christ the zexal battle was god awful. Setting it up so you can't really attack your opponent unless you can get rid of his spell cards and then the only way to get rid of it was through that one weak card was a bitch to get to work. Felt good when I finally finished it though. Really tempted to get the full game.

Sou Da

I'm gonna buy this just to support more YGO games coming out in the west, but I need to know are Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon in the game? If not I'll just stick to Dev Pro :<

Isn't ygopro better than devpro because devpro has some card bugs?

Top Bottom