• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

DNAbro

Jesus pendulum seems absolutely ridiculous. I was okay with everything up to that but my god did this game get complicated.

Jesus pendulum seems absolutely ridiculous. I was okay with everything up to that but my god did this game get complicated.
I'm going back and forth on it. On one hand, you can continue summoning all of your Pendulum Monsters forever, but any Spell removal hurts a lot.

I think it's really good against lower level players, but less so against advanced ones.

Fj0823

I'm going back and forth on it. On one hand, you can continue summoning all of your Pendulum Monsters forever, but any Spell removal hurts a lot.

I think it's really good against lower level players, but less so against advanced ones.

Pendulum can be hurt in lots of ways actually

"Pendulum summon all cards in my hand!!"

Ok, Solemn Warning, all summons negated, they do not touch the field, do not go to extra, do not collect $200.

"Pendulum Summon all Pendulums In my extra!"

Ok, bottomless trap hole, all monsters banished. GG

A well placed Typhoon can hurt a lot and let you unable to play anything until you draw a low/high scale monster as you said...happened to me today ¬¬

Nori Chan

God damn is Mako hard to use especially against Yugi. He has that stupid Earth monster that whenever you flip him, you can send an opponents card back to their hand. Not only that but that stupid moon continuous spell card that destroyed a spell card whenever an earth monster changes positions.

AND ALL OF HIS MONSTERS HAVE 2000 DEFENSE POINTS.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
my friend want me to ask a question here for him since he don't have any account.

I'm aware that the game already included online multiplayer but I want to see people's opinions about multiplayer functions, like lags, etc?

^ bump this question since everyone didn't answer my question. I want to see if online mode is pretty good sine it's a deal breaker for him.

Still trying to find some of the super heavy samurai cards. I know there were some in the duelist alliance and secret eternity packs, so they should be in the game

Regiruler

God damn is Mako hard to use especially against Yugi. He has that stupid Earth monster that whenever you flip him, you can send an opponents card back to their hand. Not only that but that stupid moon continuous spell card that destroyed a spell card whenever an earth monster changes positions.

They actually put in Attack the Moon? I'm moderately surprised they remember it.

I'm starting to get really annoyed by these animated PS2 quality animations on the popular cards. Let me skip them or something.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Just saw a particular video of this game and decided to play this children's card game again! Have not touched the series past the time when the show had Yugi vs Marik so no idea what this pendulum talk is or XYZ stuff but sound different. Hopefully it will be atleast bring a smile to my face reliving the first few season of the show.

Fj0823

^^^You should give the new series a chance, its real good!, also, the OP will guide you through everything new, don't be intimidated by the new stuff, it all comes together nicely during play.

Doesn't the game pause for you anyway when you want to have a chance to activate stuff?
Yes exactly, I haven't played online so I don't know if there is a time limit to make your decisions like in some games

just beat the classic campaign, honestly the hardest duel was bakura and his stupid final deck (I used the story deck throughout, it just felt wrong using anything else)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I remember in the old ds game, opponent would know whether you have a trap card by seeing when the game do the auto pause. Let's say if you have mirror force down, it would auto phase on every attack phase, if the game didn't auto pause in attack phase your opponent would know you have no counter.

People ending up manual pausing on every phase to bypass this, does this version fix this issue?

I remember in the old ds game, opponent would know whether you have a trap card by seeing when the game do the auto pause. Let's say if you have mirror force down, it would auto phase on every attack phase, if the game didn't auto pause in attack phase your opponent would know you have no counter.

People ending up manual pausing on every phase to bypass this, does this version fix this issue?
I don't know how that issue could even be stopped. But you can turn the settings to Pro mode which is close enough to a manual activation.

Yami Yugi just pulled the genius combo of Spellbinding Circle and Mirror Force on me wasting two traps instead of one and now has SBC stuck on his field targeting nothing.

The game is REALLY fun, also it has a lot better way of you getting cards then Yu-Gi-Oh! MD did, and also the sealed duels and the other variants that you can do makes this game have a lot of content in it! The only thing I wish they would of kept the old system of how you can find cards from MD, its weird using this one. Also, Tag duels would of been awesome in this too, but it doesn't it at all for online at least.

If anyone wants to play, send me a message to my GT: Zerms, and we can play!

Sandfox

The game is REALLY fun, also it has a lot better way of you getting cards then Yu-Gi-Oh! MD did, and also the sealed duels and the other variants that you can do makes this game have a lot of content in it! The only thing I wish they would of kept the old system of how you can find cards from MD, its weird using this one. Also, Tag duels would of been awesome in this too, but it doesn't it at all for online at least.

If anyone wants to play, send me a message to my GT: Zerms, and we can play!

The devs are apparently looking into tag duels.

PSN: Sir_Android

Gonna send friend requests to everyone on the list that was being made early in the thread and the last couple of pages. Just know that my deck is already mostly built exactly the way I want it outside of a few spells and traps.

Fj0823

Has any returning player started to mess with the new mechanics?

I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts

Has any returning player started to mess with the new mechanics?

I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts

Even though I haven't used them myself yet, XYZ is my favourite addition because it's very straight forward for the amount of strategy it adds. I know they've been making changes to add to the flow and speed of the game and I think XYZ is the best addition for that. My deck stays the same so I don't have to worry about rebuilding my deck around XYZ.

Pendulum on the other hand feels a bit too complicated. I know I can normal summon or use like a spell in a special zone and I've read about Pendulum summoning, but it seems like a lot to manage for what it is. Maybe I just needed to play a later series campaign and see it done against me to understand its importance.

Pendulum on the other hand feels a bit too complicated. I know I can normal summon or use like a spell in a special zone and I've read about Pendulum summoning, but it seems like a lot to manage for what it is. Maybe I just needed to play a later series campaign and see it done against me to understand its importance.
You have a basic Pendulum starter deck, and while it's not the best deck, it gives you a great understanding of the concept. I recommend playing a few games with it against non-annoying story characters.

Top Bottom