• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Stider

Are Xyz common in the draft/sealed games?

I haven't played them? But my crappy deck would really benefit from Utopia and Leviathan Dragon

I got Leviathan dragon and a few other xyx in a sealed run. Only one run out of about 5 though. Would like to find out which cards are in each "set" that you can pick from.

Sandfox

Caved in and bought it. Works so well with offtv vita play! Is there a checklist of sorts for the booster packs? Kinda annoying not knowing what's left to get. :/

I have a decent idea of what's in most of the packs by now. A complete checklist would be a bit too much for me, but someone will make one.

I got Leviathan dragon and a few other xyx in a sealed run. Only one run out of about 5 though. Would like to find out which cards are in each "set" that you can pick from.

The battle packs have the exact same cards as the real life sets so there are lists readily available

The story mode is surprisingly fleshed out. I'm surprised konami

It has an insane amount of content. I played for something like 6-7 hours today and only got halfway through GX. And that's not counting reverse duels. Inventory progression is also smooth and satisfying. Very pleased with the game, overall. Last YGO game I played was Decade Duels and that was a fuckin bust.

A.I. is seriously retarded sometimes. I was playing weevil the second time and i kept killing cockroach and he just kept playing it facedown until I won

This happened to me, but instead of the pot of greeds. He went second and on the first card he drew he got exodia
Same thing happened to me on Weevil. Yugi is mostly the same with horn of the unicorn.

For Exodia guy. He used 3 swords of revealing light and spammed Graceful charity and pot of greed and pot of generosity.

thenexus6

001_seto_kaiba_defeated_yugi_duel.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Am I blind or is sealed and draft offline only? Because that would suck, draft is the best.

e: oh cool you get an option after making your deck. Would make more sense if you drafted against your actual opponents though, it seems sealed is probably better for online...

Lol Im mad exodia gets no annimation
There are some weird exclusions, the God Cards and Jinzo don't have animations, but Dark Magician Girl and Relinquished do...
Also the model for Dark Magician doesn't match the card art they picked, lol.
That's the one thing Decade Duels had over this, the ability to change the card arts for cards that have multiple, gotta wonder why that didn't make it in.

Taker34

Banned
That's the one thing Decade Duels had over this, the ability to change the card arts for cards that have multiple, gotta wonder why that didn't make it in.

Konami lost the rights for some classic card pictures (Blue Eyes White Dragon for example), maybe that's why they scrapped the feature completely.

Akai__

I might actually get this one. I only watched the original and GX, so I hope I'm not totally lost once I enter the newer ones.

Korezo

So, the game is actually pretty decent? o.o

Never followed the game but I looked up past games and this one looks almost exactly identicle as last years game and the one before that. Don't know if thats bad or good. Try the demo.

So, the game is actually pretty decent? o.o
It is a barebones Yugioh games. Think of tag force without all the fluff of walking around, talking, sim dating hearts, etc. Just dualing plus online. There isn't any fmvs for special monsters or voices.

It is a barebones Yugioh games. Think of tag force without all the fluff of walking around, talking, sim dating hearts, etc. Just dualing plus online. There isn't any fmvs for special monsters or voices.
I wouldn't call it barebones with all the single player content it has.

I wouldn't call it barebones with all the single player content it has.
In comparison to tag force it is. You can tell the budget for the game is lower. The story is basically 2 characters talking to each other then dualing. I don't think it is a bad thing. It is cutting out the fluff and fillers.

Yeah there is a lot of set battles.

Nudull

Banned
In comparison to tag force it is. You can tell the budget for the game is lower. The story is basically 2 characters talking to each other then dualing. I don't think it is a bad thing. It is cutting out the fluff and fillers.

Yeah there is a lot of set battles.

My only real knowledge of the Tag Force series comes from Beginning of Destiny, and I did like that one.

My only real knowledge of the Tag Force series comes from Beginning of Destiny, and I did like that one.
I played 2-5. Special monsters have fmv for attacks. Dating a character and completing their arc gives you their special cards or booster packs. They did try to create this illusion of a Yugioh world with the side scroll walking.

Glad it is not tag force because partner ai is literally braindead. Basically a 3 v 1 instead of a 2 v 2.

Taker34

Banned
I can't find anything about that online at all.
You sure that's true?

It's known that Shueisha owns the rights to many card artworks (JUMP promos, Premium Packs etc.) while Kazuki Takahashi also owns most classic artworks and doesn't want them to be used in every Konami product/release.
For example: Konami only owns the rights for the Blue Eyes variant card with the stone board. That's why we won't see reprints of old Blue Eyes and Dark Magician variants. We don't know if that only applies to the OCG/TCG and not video games though.
A lot of this information can be found (most Yu-Gi-Oh behind the scene stuff is completely unknown) if you know who to ask. The etcg forums have a knowledgeable and verified YGO insider who knows a lot more about Konami's licensing issues.

ZeroX03

Banned
So unlocking challenges. I guess you have to beat all the reverse campaign battles? I unlocked Tea that way but so far Ygui, Yami, Joey and Kaiba are still locked. Seems like you'll have to 100% every campaign in the game to unlock all challenges for those trophies.

Fj0823

I can't find anything about that online at all.
You sure that's true?

Its something heavily rumored by the community.

But we don't know. Its weird that Konami keeps printing and pushing the blue Dark Magician even in packs focused on nostalgia

other popular theory is that Takahashi demanded blue magician (his original design) to be the only dark Magician printed. As he owns the rights to most of its arts Which is unlikely as we got a new artwork recently. However it could be that Konami can create new art if they want.

These story decks are beyond bullshit. Yugi's deck honestly gets worse as you progress.

Also, I somehow haven't won a single rock,paper,scissors match in the 20 matches I've done...

bigkrev

How do you unlock the Limited formats (ie, sealed?)

Also, the DLC seems like a complete rip-off right now. I bought the Duelist Kingdom pack, and it looks like it just adds 2 duels?

Yep, and it's so much better for it. The amount of poorly done bullshit made me hate the PSP games.

ZeroX03

Banned
This game has just enough story and visuals to hit the nostalgia mark and help reiterate story lines while not going overboard and making you want to skip scenes. It's well done on a small budget. The story decks are pretty bad and mostly just funny handicaps. Some of them have interesting gimmicks.

Card selection, online and limited help push it above most other card game entries. Pretty great scope of content for people who like the game. I'm very happy with it, especially at the price point.

My only complaints are unlock conditions & booster contents being vague and being unable to draft packs with humans.

That sounds very faithful to the series :p
Then where the hell is the "heart of the cards" button for me to spam when I getting wrecked? :p
How do you unlock the Limited formats (ie, sealed?)

Also, the DLC seems like a complete rip-off right now. I bought the Duelist Kingdom pack, and it looks like it just adds 2 duels?

Yep, and it's so much better for it. The amount of poorly done bullshit made me hate the PSP games.

Same, I only played one but the story mode wasn't fun in them but I did enjoy the GBA versions. I'm glad it's more striped down if those are my two choices.

Edit: HOW DO YOU WIN THIS Tea BATTLE? Her most powerful card is 800 atk.......

Fj0823

EVERY SINGLE TIME IN EVERY SINGLE GAME:
*Uses Yugi´s deck*

*Draws Dark Magician Girl, Buster Blader, Dark Magician,Beta the Magnet Warrior and Berphomet*

GG.

Top Bottom