• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Has any returning player started to mess with the new mechanics?

I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts

Me and my older brother only knew Yu-Gi-Oh from when the TV show was about the actual guy Yugi, so a lot of this stuff seems absolutely crazy. Going through the tutorials in the demo, I like how you can build a deck now catering to a more specific style which in theory would give more variety in matches...But maybe it just seems that way.

Everything seemed to make sense and then the Pendulum stuff showed up and MAN... I get it but dear god anybody that wants to use that stuff effectively against me can take the win haha

I particularly liked how it seemed like the second generation's main character had a deck based on Superhero-inspired monsters. As a hero fan myself I liked those guys a lot!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Me and my older brother only knew Yu-Gi-Oh from when the TV show was about the actual guy Yugi, so a lot of this stuff seems absolutely crazy. Going through the tutorials in the demo, I like how you can build a deck now catering to a more specific style which in theory would give more variety in matches...But maybe it just seems that way.

Everything seemed to make sense and then the Pendulum stuff showed up and MAN... I get it but dear god anybody that wants to use that stuff effectively against me can take the win haha

I particularly liked how it seemed like the second generation's main character had a deck based on Superhero-inspired monsters. As a hero fan myself I liked those guys a lot!

Yeah, I always liked Jaden's deck in the show. Especially after how awful the Yugi one is to use it ended up being refreshing to use the Elemental heroes.

Though it gets a little weirder when they add Ojama cards but I think that deck is a lot of fun too.

ktynn

Banned
Does the gameplay of the PS4 game get interrupted by the same popup the mobile version has which says

"THIS PHASE ENDED WANNA ACTIVATE A CARD?"
"THIS PHASE STARTED WANNA ACTIVATE A CARD?"

Its soooo annoying!

ZeroX03

Banned
Does the gameplay of the PS4 game get interrupted by the same popup the mobile version has which says

Its soooo annoying!

Not if you hold down circle.

Sandfox

Its soooo annoying!

This game allows you to adjust that in the settings.

anyone know where i can get the monarch's, I have raiza but I forgot where i got him from

edit: some people from gfaqs says its in bastion, so I'll try that

Fj0823

This is pretty much the norm now, you pick a theme like I dunno "Superheroes" or "Samurais" and run with it, all the cards will combine with each other and allow more complex plays.

Now that many of you experienced first hand how a mishmash of themes work with Yugi's deck, I think you can understand why that approach became obsolete lol

anyone know where i can get the monarch's, I have ramza but I forgot where i got him from

I'd like to know who gives Monarchs and Mega Monarchs too

Stuart444

Some of the descriptions of the cards make no sense to me. Like I'm doing the Champion vs Creator battle and the Toon World (Sacrifice 1000 life points to use this card) make no sense to me whatsoever.

Some cards are like that as well but I usually figure them out, still haven't figured out why this card is useful and I got TWO of them at once in my first attempt at that fight.

Also the story decks I hate the most are the ones that give me all 5+ monsters that I can't freaking summon :/

Some of the descriptions of the cards make no sense to me. Like I'm doing the Champion vs Creator battle and the Toon World (Sacrifice 1000 life points to use this card) make no sense to me whatsoever.

Some cards are like that as well but I usually figure them out, still haven't figured out why this card is useful and I got TWO of them at once in my first attempt at that fight.

Also the story decks I hate the most are the ones that give me all 5+ monsters that I can't freaking summon :/

Toon World is the main card for the Toon archetype. It needs to be on the field to summon Toon monsters (this part is written on the Toons themselves instead of Toon World which is weird) whose main effect is usually about attacking directly. You lose 1000 life points when you play it and most Toons get destroyed when Toon World is destroyed.

Fj0823

Toon World is the main card for the Toon archetype. It needs to be on the field to summon Toon monsters (this part is written on the Toons themselves instead of Toon World which is weird) whose main effect is usually about attacking directly. You lose 1000 life points when you play it and most Toons get destroyed when Toon World is destroyed.

Yep, however Toons pretty mutch ditched Toon World entirely, or cut it to just 1 per deck when this happened:

ToonKingdom-DRL2-EN-ScR-1E.png

Stuart444

Heh, thanks for this.

Barely won using Goblin Attack Force, Blue eyes toon dragon and Snatch steal (used it once to get his blue eyes then once of his cards forced it back to his hand for a bit) along with Toon Defense which is why my life points are so low.

Still won though :D as risky as it was lol.

I remember having some real fun with the Gameboy Advance version. Unfortunately I don't have interest in it on a home-console. Nor do I care much about a story (let alone five) as I think the characters look ridiculous, in a bad way.

Maybe I'll get a 3DS version.

Rizzi

PSN
  • SkuiiHydra (SkullHydra)
  • Thel_Vadam (ArchedThunder)
  • muship (Fj0823)
  • MGOzone (macklelol)
  • ddealer (unknownhero)
  • AaronThePaladin (Aaronrules380)
  • LordRaoh (Raoh)
  • crimsonlink310. (Crimsonlink)
  • vinniegambini (vinnygambini)
  • WildEagle18 (WildEagle18)
  • njean777 (njean777)
  • RE_Player (RE_Player)
  • Sir_Android (SirAndroidTV)
  • Ben60659 (DethBen)

XBL
  • binglescat (Rizzi)
  • Fallout Phoenix (Fallout Phoenix)
  • Zerms (Flying High)

I updated the list, and I'll keep doing it every so often.

I pulled out my old Yugioh cards and found a bunch of Toon cards and also.. A Hungry Burger card.
Yugioh is weird guys.

Just won a reverse duel as Weevil against Yugi...

That was tough, since Yugi had more opportunities to summon stronger monsters, while all I had were some bugs, moths, and bigger moths. Surprised to find that Weevil had 2 Swords of Revealing Lights in his deck.

Rizzi

I have like four holographic penguin soldier cards and a holographic harpie lady sisters card.
Aww yeah, that nostalgia.

Bowl0l

Just won a reverse duel as Weevil against Yugi...

That was tough, since Yugi had more opportunities to summon stronger monsters, while all I had were some bugs, moths, and bigger moths. Surprised to find that Weevil had 2 Swords of Revealing Lights in his deck.
Weevil deck is underwhelming. Too many weak monsters...
Reverse duel is fun.

Its soooo annoying!

You can change how often it asks you in the settings.

Weevil deck is underwhelming. Too many weak monsters...
Reverse duel is fun.

It's to be expected though... They're literally all gimic decks that try to do one thing so if it doesn't get there you fail horrible. He just wants the cocoon to shit there for multiple turns to get one of his crazy moths.

Are the Duelist Challenges preset draws for the opponent? Like a puzzle? Because I just did the first one against Mako(?) and he had everything he needed to absolutely trounce me by turn 4. Seriously, he had three ritual summon 3200/0 monsters by turn 4 and chewed me a new hole. What gives?

Also playing on Xbox One if anyone wants to have a duel, though I'm rusty and working on my deck still. Add me: Dante Ravenkin

Niosai

These Zexal duels are so frustrating to me. Took me 3 tries and fiddling with my personal deck to take out Flip Turner.

PSN
  • SkuiiHydra (SkullHydra)
  • Thel_Vadam (ArchedThunder)
  • muship (Fj0823)
  • MGOzone (macklelol)
  • ddealer (unknownhero)
  • AaronThePaladin (Aaronrules380)
  • LordRaoh (Raoh)
  • crimsonlink310. (Crimsonlink)
  • vinniegambini (vinnygambini)
  • WildEagle18 (WildEagle18)
  • njean777 (njean777)
  • RE_Player (RE_Player)
  • Sir_Android (SirAndroidTV)
  • Ben60659 (DethBen)
  • VHScreep (Shadowcreep)

XBL
  • binglescat (Rizzi)
  • Fallout Phoenix (Fallout Phoenix)
  • Zerms (Flying High)
Added my PSN the list.

Out of curiosity, how do you know what cards belong in what pack? I'm trying to get some certain cards and I'm not getting anything.

Most cards a given archetype are centralized in one pack, but beyond that the game doesn't provide lists or tell which archetype goes in what pack (beyond obvious this character uses this archetype anyways) If you really want a specific card, best bet is to ask around online

ngower

Might pick this up. I played the TCG when I was younger and it was pretty fun, but I'll probably have no clue what's going on. I just like that they have (as far as I can tell) all the cards available right there and there's no BS freemium nonsense.

OmegaDL50

Interestingly enough it's implied that the games card list goes up to Secret Forces which was the Booster Pack released on February 13, 2015. However Masked HERO Anki, which is from Premium Gold 2 (March 20, 2015) is in the game.

You know who else is in the Premium Gold 2 Booster pack? Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon. This could mean Hieratic OTK is in the game.

Still the important thing is that we have cards that go beyond The Secret Forces, now finding how far the card list actually goes is up in the air.

Top Bottom