• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Clarification: the cards included in the current DLC packs can be found in game, correct? The DLC just unlocks some decks and campaign stuffs?

ElDiablo90x

Neo Member
Most cards a given archetype are centralized in one pack, but beyond that the game doesn't provide lists or tell which archetype goes in what pack (beyond obvious this character uses this archetype anyways) If you really want a specific card, best bet is to ask around online

I'm looking for Elemental Hero Ocean and I've guessed that it will be in Jaden's Booster pack. But I've been farming that things for hours and have yet to find a copy. This game doesn't even tell you if you acquired all the cards in that certain pack.

I hope there are updates coming.

OmegaDL50

Clarification: the cards included in the current DLC packs can be found in game, correct? The DLC just unlocks some decks and campaign stuffs?

Correct, The DLC currently available is just additional deck recipes and some campaign story duels.

At least there is the card shop. I can't imagine what this game would have been received if it had the same horrible card acquisition method as the previous two games that were on the PS3 and 360.

I would assume though if this game gets future updates or a revised Forbidden List then card DLC may be a factor later on, but at this time, everything can be unlocked in terms of cards by simply playing the game (At least as far as we know)

Slayven

Correct, The DLC currently available is just additional deck recipes and some campaign story duels.

At least there is the card shop. I can't imagine what this game would have been received if it had the same horrible card acquisition method as the previous two games that were on the PS3 and 360.

I am still pissed i brought that game on PS3, not only was it slow as fuck, not running horrible slow but the flow of the game was slow, but the card grind was stupid.

HarryKS

Those Duelist Challenges are rigged.

The CPU is incredible.

Also, where is the option to change your avatar in the game?

HabeeNo

Wow, this looks really good, great OP! (And your Yusei avatar is amazing, always catches my eye when you post cause Yusei is the realest)

Stopped watching the anime when 5D's ended, and stopped playing when XYZ's were heavily used lol (gotta learn the Pendulum Summons now :p)

Will cop it for PS4 :D

Just started the game few hours ago and took a break. I miss playing YGO, I stopped at mid way through the XYZ since it was getting too expensive with me too keep up. The last game I played was Tag Force 6 (been wanting to try the TFSP). The whole Pendulum summon is pretty insane, I started watching YGO Arc-V and man it's been pretty good, whole lot better than Zexal.

I miss Tag Force tho, I mean the fun of carrying and raging that your partner is a complete utter crap always brings out the fun of creating deck to match your partner. I remember the YGO Tag force game for ps2 and how I had to try and make a deck to fit Alexis lol. Over the Nexus is probably still one of my favorite game for the fact that I had a kick ass duel runner lol

Those Duelist Challenges are rigged.

The CPU is incredible.

Also, where is the option to change your avatar in the game?
I've been wondering that myself. The only place I've found to change it is when I'm in the Sealed or Draft modes, and the change only lasts those 3-5 duels.

OmegaDL50

I am still pissed i brought that game on PS3, not only was it slow as fuck, not running horrible slow but the flow of the game was slow, but the card grind was stupid.

You would think they would have learned their lesson from Decade Duels and it's update to Decade Duels Plus, but to miss the chance to fix this a second time with Millennium Duels was very disappointing.

I'm definitely enjoying Legacy of the Duelist though. I hope they plan to support this game in the immediate future with additional boosters and structure decks along with a more recent Forbidden List.

bigkrev

So, what are some places I can see some good decklists? TCGplayer seems like a mess.

Also, the Yugi-Joey finals of Duelist Kingdom match is horrible. I think Yugi has 18 tribute monsters in his deck!

OmegaDL50

Interesting tip I found in the GameFAQs thread I linked above. Which might help narrow down the search for specific cards.

If a character has a card you want just play them. They never drop more copies than they have in their deck. Play them ~14 times and they will just stop dropping cards because you'll have their full deck.

Niosai

Interesting tip I found in the GameFAQs thread I linked above. Which might help narrow down the search for specific cards.

If a character has a card you want just play them. They never drop more copies than they have in their deck. Play them ~14 times and they will just stop dropping cards because you'll have their full deck.
If this is true, I may start grinding earlier duels.

Good to know, thanks.

I wish they would increase the text size just a tad. I have a hard time focusing on the text. It would help to if I could zoom in more on the cards too.

Slayven

You would think they would have learned their lesson from Decade Duels and it's update to Decade Duels Plus, but to miss the chance to fix this a second time with Millennium Duels was very disappointing.

I'm definitely enjoying Legacy of the Duelist though. I hope they plan to support this game in the immediate future with additional boosters and structure decks along with a more recent Forbidden List.

It looks to be a good platform just to add stuff too.

Fj0823

Thanks for the tip! Any reviews of this game yet?

Not that I have seen, you'll have to trust us ;)
The game is good enough, could be more polished in all areas, but it is an absolute improvement over Millenium Duels.

Also, it caught my attention that one of you said you found some Toon cards in your room, Since Toon Kingdom was just released, some older toons are worth some nice $$$$$, so you might want to look into that.

OmegaDL50

Not that I have seen, you'll have to trust us ;)
The game is good enough, could be more polished in all areas, but it is an absolute improvement over Millenium Duels.

Also, it caught my attention that one of you said you found some Toon cards in your room, Since Toon Kingdom was just released, some older toons are worth some nice $$$$$, so you might want to look into that.

Hey Fj, I have a question.

I'm sure you are probably further along in the game then I am.

What is the newest card you have unlocked? Because at this point I think we can confirm that this game's boosters go beyond even The Secret Forces.

The reason I ask is, Masked HERO Anki, which is from Premium Gold 2 (March 20, 2015) is in the game. This could also mean that Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon is also in the game since that card is also in Premium Gold 2.

So I know at the minimum the card list goes up to at least Premium Gold 2, but for all I know it could very well go further than that.

Fj0823

Hey Fj, I have a question.

I'm sure you are probably further along in the game then I am.

What is the newest card you have unlocked? Because at this point I think we can confirm that this game's boosters go beyond even The Secret Forces.

The reason I ask is, Masked HERO Anki, which is from Premium Gold 2 (March 20, 2015) is in the game. This could also mean that Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon is also in the game since that card is also in Premium Gold 2.

So I know at the minimum the card list goes up to at least Premium Gold 2, but for all I know it could very well go further than that.

I think the newest card I have is Utopia lol,I'm not really into grinding yet since I'm enjoying the story :p (Fuck Crow)

but since Galaxy-eyes are Zexal, you should probably grind Kaito and Mizar to try and get Dark Matter. Anki being in pretty much confirms the pack is up to Premium Gold 2.

Zunja

I'm playing the demo and this Flip Turner guy is just annoying and sucks. Like he put all the limiting cards on the field so neither of us can attack but now he's decking himself lol? It's just taking a long time. His picture isn't doing him any favors either.

Salbug

PSN
  • SkuiiHydra (SkullHydra)
  • Thel_Vadam (ArchedThunder)
  • muship (Fj0823)
  • MGOzone (macklelol)
  • ddealer (unknownhero)
  • AaronThePaladin (Aaronrules380)
  • LordRaoh (Raoh)
  • crimsonlink310. (Crimsonlink)
  • vinniegambini (vinnygambini)
  • WildEagle18 (WildEagle18)
  • njean777 (njean777)
  • RE_Player (RE_Player)
  • Sir_Android (SirAndroidTV)
  • Ben60659 (DethBen)

XBL
  • binglescat (Rizzi)
  • Fallout Phoenix (Fallout Phoenix)
  • Zerms (Flying High)

I updated the list, and I'll keep doing it every so often.

I pulled out my old Yugioh cards and found a bunch of Toon cards and also.. A Hungry Burger card.
Yugioh is weird guys.

Added everyone on the PSN list so far. :eek:

OmegaDL50

I'm playing the demo and this Flip Turner guy is just annoying and sucks. Like he put all the limiting cards on the field so neither of us can attack but now he's decking himself lol? It's just taking a long time. His picture isn't doing him any favors either.

This sounds like one of my old decks I used.

Cards that lock the opponent down and prevent them from doing stuff and forcing them to just trash cards until they run out.

Limit Level Area B for example prevents cards level 4 or higher from attacking and are restricted to defense position as long as the card is in play.

Swords of Revealing Light is useful for similar reasons but has limited use due to it running out in 3 turns...still 3 full turns of being able to Mill the opponent's deck while they cannot use their monsters helps.

These two cards allows you to manage your opponent's deck easier when controlling their damage options in the battle phase while you mill the crap out of their deck making them toss cards away left and right.

Messenger of Peace is somewhat similar in that any monster with an attack of 1500 or higher is unable to attack, however the downside is that this card has a cost of 100 LP per turn or the card gets destroyed.

Having both of these on the field is useful when you got Needle Worms and Morphing Jar forcing the opponent to just trash their cards to the graveyard.

Spear Cretin is also another useful card. It allows you to special summon a monster from the Graveyard and set it to Face Down Defense Position, useful for reusing cards like Needle Worm's Flip Effect more then 3 deck limit.

Basically my Deck consisted of the following.

Monsters

3x Warm Worm
3x Needle Worm
3x Spear Cretin
3x Gokipon
3x Destiny HERO - Defender
3x Deep Diver

Traps Spells

3x Sword of Revealing Light
3x Messenger of Peace
3x Desert Sunlight
3x Thunder of Ruler
3x Threatening Roar
3x Mirror Force
1x Book of Moon
1x Book of Eclipse
1x Book of Taiyou
1x Raigeki

Of course I'm not even sure if this deck and still be used. I'll need to check the most recent Forbidden list and revise it accordingly. Heck some of my cards may be outdated and will need to be replaced.

I original had Gravity Bind and Level Limit - Area B in my deck but removed them because because Xyz monsters don't have levels but Ranks.

Has any returning player started to mess with the new mechanics?

I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts

I played with my friends a good bit in the super early days. So pretty much everything is new.

Xyz seemed a whole lot more complicated then it actually is, so I picked up on that pretty quickly. Synchro seemed complicated until I realized that it's pretty much just a more specific summon then normal. I haven't gotten a chance to use Pendulum cards yet, but I cannot for the life of me understand them from what I've read.

The biggest difference from what I've seen though: nearly all the cards I know are banned. Like 90% of the ones I recognize are now gone. Some for obvious reasons, and others for reasons I just can't figure out.

Fj0823

I played with my friends a good bit in the super early days. So pretty much everything is new.

Xyz seemed a whole lot more complicated then it actually is, so I picked up on that pretty quickly. Synchro seemed complicated until I realized that it's pretty much just a more specific summon then normal. I haven't gotten a chance to use Pendulum cards yet, but I cannot for the life of me understand them from what I've read.

The biggest difference from what I've seen though: nearly all the cards I know are banned. Like 90% of the ones I recognize are now gone. Some for obvious reasons, and others for reasons I just can't figure out.

Many of them created infinite loops like Magical scientist, or provided way too much advantage if drawn early, like Delinquent duo

Many cards are being nerfed through erratas to get them off the list

bumpkin

Tried the demo (on PS4) and overall, yeah, it's Yu-Gi-Oh. The story mode is neat if not minimal. It would have been nice if the dialogue had VO, but I imagine if it did, this wouldn't have been a $19.99 title. The graphics for the card game itself are good, although the monster animations (what little there are) are pretty amateur in quality. The game's budget taking its toll I suppose.

Still, it's pretty cool from a nostalgia standpoint to be able to revisit the story from the original arc. I stopped collecting and playing the TCG when GX started, but going through the others might be neat if I decide to buy the full game.

HarryKS

Wait till you get a load of the dude (Seeker) with the Cheating Exodia deck in the Duels mode.

It's mortifying. He's a super troll.

ZangBa

So are toons viable now with that new card? My 3 favorite cards are toons, Thousand-Eyes Restrict and Maha Vailo. TER is banned and IDK if Maha Vailo is any good but I'm going to make a deck around it anyway.

I am also interested in this. Though I have to question how it would work, since playing cards without showing them is an important part of the game.
I haven't seen a local multiplayer mode so far, and like you said, I don't think it'd be possible. There are too many times people would have to pass the controller back and forth, with players closing their eyes or something. It's not feasible.

EDIT: Man, Titan's deck when be reverse faces Alexis is so freaking bad. Half useless Ritual cards, and half Archfiends. And way too many Spells and Traps.

OmegaDL50

Does this have local 2 player versus?

How would that even be possible since both players would need to share the same TV, and in turn being able to see each others hand, which would throw all element of surprise or strategy out the window.

The only way I'd see for there to be offline multiplayer be functional at all is if it was a co-op tag mode.

Having two player offline duels would be no different then playing Battleship in which your opponent knows where your ship is.

It would completely defeat the purpose.

How would that even be possible since both players would need to share the same TV, and in turn being able to see each others hand, which would throw all element of surprise or strategy out the window.

The only way I'd see for there to be offline multiplayer be functional at all is if it was a co-op tag mode.

Having two player offline duels would be no different then playing Battleship in which your opponent knows where your ship is.

It would completely defeat the purpose.
Friendship test to see how long they would be able to keep from looking at the screen during opponents turns.

Though then they would need to keep switching controllers and hands when needing to make the decision to activate a card or not. That would get tiring.

played two french guys in ranked earlier this morning, first guy used six samurai deck and summoned an xyz samurai first turn, I just had my poor starter structure deck since I forgot to make one lol

second guy just used vanilla monsters with around 1900-1800 atk, used the default synchro deck which is pretty decent and nearly beat him. When i say nearly it's because he quit the second he was done with his attack and disconnected.

disconnects don't count towards wins btw

Friendship test to see how long they would be able to keep from looking at the screen during opponents turns.

Though then they would need to keep switching controllers and hands when needing to make the decision to activate a card or not. That would get tiring.
That part would be the worst. Especially if there's a lot of effect chaining. It would be extremely annoying and suck all of the fun out of the game. Lol. And that's if someone didn't accidentally push a button too many times and either see the opponent's hand/field, or skip activating a card for their opponent.

OmegaDL50

disconnects don't count towards wins btw

I don't care much about rankings but one way to solve this is if disconnecting counted towards someone's disconnect record or barring that, their loss record.

This would hopefully persuade some from intentionally disconnecting, OF course for those that poor connection and disconnect randomly to begin with, it makes you wonder why they would pursue playing a card game which requires time investment when some of the longer duels can take upwards of 30 to 45 minutes at a time.

Fj0823

What is Battle Packs

Packs designed for sealed play and drafting

Each pack contains 1 random wild card (In the best case scenarios an Xyz monster) 1 heavy hitter monster, 1 weak monster with a kinda useful effect, 1 spell, 1 trap.

That way, by opening 5 battle packs you get a 25 card deck full of random cards that are balanced enough to work

Xyz monsters are the only special monsters used in this format, since Synchros and Fusions need specific cards (Tuners, Polymerization) to be out, thus increasing the chances of dead cards in the pack

So are toons viable now with that new card? My 3 favorite cards are toons, Thousand-Eyes Restrict and Maha Vailo. TER is banned and IDK if Maha Vailo is any good but I'm going to make a deck around it anyway.

Yes, very viable.
Also. That's not the only card they got last week
300px-ToonBriefcase-DRL2-EN-SR-1E.png
300px-Mimicat-DRL2-EN-ScR-1E.png

And many more, but since they're recent, they're not in this game yet

Anyone got a idea where Esper Girl and Emergency Teleport is at? I want to use them for my Madolche deck when I start making it

did anyone else figure out the little easter egg when the other ocean logo pops up at the beginning of the game? move the control sticks for fun

Fj0823

So is Carly's Fortune Lady deck the worst deck out of all the AI decks in the game? I've hit a wall, I seriously cannot beat her.

Try using a custom deck if all else fails

Also Carly is best girl.
Shame she got shafted with her development like all the females in season 3

Try using a custom deck if all else fails

Also Carly is best girl.
Shame she got shafted with her development like all the females in season 3

I remember building those Fortune Ladies before as a fun deck. Cyber Valley x Fortune Ladies are one hell of a combo LOL

PSN
  • SkuiiHydra (SkullHydra)
  • Thel_Vadam (ArchedThunder)
  • muship (Fj0823)
  • MGOzone (macklelol)
  • ddealer (unknownhero)
  • AaronThePaladin (Aaronrules380)
  • LordRaoh (Raoh)
  • crimsonlink310. (Crimsonlink)
  • vinniegambini (vinnygambini)
  • WildEagle18 (WildEagle18)
  • njean777 (njean777)
  • RE_Player (RE_Player)
  • Sir_Android (SirAndroidTV)
  • Ben60659 (DethBen)

XBL
  • binglescat (Rizzi)
  • Fallout Phoenix (Fallout Phoenix)
  • Zerms (Flying High)

I updated the list, and I'll keep doing it every so often.

I pulled out my old Yugioh cards and found a bunch of Toon cards and also.. A Hungry Burger card.
Yugioh is weird guys.

Added everyone on the list. Can't wait for the GAFTourney, gonna try and build a Blackwing deck since they hold a sentimental value for me (my first competitive deck lol DSF on Blackwing deck was massively fun)

OmegaDL50

Time Mage is either broken for the player and only works for the AI, or I've been incredibly unlucky.

I used the Coin toss effect 12 times (yes I counted!) and every single time the coin I picked was wrong.

Yet every time the AI used Time Mage their coin toss always succeeded.

If this is indeed a bug, I'd avoid using this card for the time being.

Top Bottom