• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Time Mage is either broken for the player and only works for the AI, or I've been incredibly unlucky.

I used the Coin toss effect 12 times (yes I counted!) and every single time the coin I picked was wrong.

Yet every time the AI used Time Mage their coin toss always succeeded.

If this is indeed a bug, I'd avoid using this card for the time being.

nah I've seen joey fail, but yeah he's incredibly on the spot with guessing where it lands

Is there any reason why this isn't on PC?
Guess I'll have to roll with the Power of Chaos games for another decade.
Oh man, those games bring me back. I remember playing the heck out of the Joey and Kaiba ones when I was younger.

But yeah, I definitely recommend either Dueling Network or YGOPro. Dueling Network is like a digital version of the manual game, if that makes any sense. You have to manually move the cards, activate abilities, deduct your own life points, etc. It's all manual.

YGOPro is completely automated from what I've heard, but very fast. Probably better for people who already know all the cards as opposed to someone returning to the game.

Fj0823

Man the campaign is crushing me sometimes, using the story decks... I'm probably just a scrub haha

Nah bro, you're just playing AS a scrub, big difference ;)

You'd think that in theory it's gotta be possible to win with the story deck, but yeah, it kind of comes down to luck of the draw. It's always been that way, IMO.
You can always use a custom character deck.

Why use Anime!Jaden shitty super specific fusions when you can use Manga!Jaden's Amazing Element Fusions and Mask Changes?

I mean look at this fuckers:

300px-ElementalHEROAbsoluteZero-GENF-EN-SR-LE.png
300px-MaskChange-SDHS-EN-C-1E.png
300px-MaskedHEROAcid-PRC1-EN-ScR-1E.png

bumpkin

I really wish this game was on Wii U :(
perfect for gamepad play
This man speaks the truth. It is peculiar given that Nintendo consoles -- especially handhelds -- have gotten a ton of YGO games over the years.

Man the campaign is crushing me sometimes, using the story decks... I'm probably just a scrub haha
You'd think that in theory it's gotta be possible to win with the story deck, but yeah, it kind of comes down to luck of the draw. It's always been that way, IMO.

Why use Anime!Jaden shitty super specific fusions when you can use Manga!Jaden's Amazing Element Fusions and Mask Changes?

I mean look at this fuckers:
Wait, you're telling me that I can use Mask Change on a boring Elemental HERO Bubbleman to turn it into Masked HERO Acid?! Holy crap!

This man speaks the truth. It is peculiar given that Nintendo consoles -- especially handhelds -- have gotten a ton of YGO games over the years.
That version would actually allow two player local co-op. Lol. And it's not like this game is actually using the full hardware of the PS4 or Xbone.

I just bought this game and I've never played the card game before.

What do you recommend I do for a deck? all I have available to me is Sugoroku and Gongenzaka's boosters.

(Yes, I refuse to use their american names)

Fj0823

Wait, you're telling me that I can use Mask Change on a boring Elemental HERO Bubbleman to turn it into Masked HERO Acid?! Holy crap!

You can fuse said boring Bubbleman with any random hero, to summon Elemental HERO Absolute Zero, Activate Mask Change and tribute zero (Zero activates its effects and blows all opponents monsters) then Masked HERO Acid enters and blows the opponent's spells and traps.

And then, you can spam this after Acid Attacks:

And since you're still in Battle Phase the newly summoned monster can attack directly

That's one of the many HERO OTK. HERO is a really really good deck...as long as you don't use Jaden's anime fusions, I mean...seriously?

You can fuse said boring Bubbleman with any random hero, to summon Elemental HERO Absolute Zero, Activate Mask Change and tribute zero (Zero activates its effects and blows all opponents monsters) then Masked HERO Acid enters and blows the opponent's spells and traps.

And then, you can spam this after Acid Attacks:

And since you're still in Battle Phase the newly summoned monster can attack directly

That's one of the many HERO OTK. HERO is really really good deck...as long as you don't use Jaden's anime fusions, I mean...seriously?
DTVbDVc.jpg

Stuart444

The Seeker fight is easily the most frustrating one yet.

Two Swords of Revealing Light, Raigeki (or whatever it's called), several multiple pieces of Exodia and a deck built around drawing lots of cards while the swords keep me unable to attack.

So freaking frustrating and just plain bullshit.

Also the tip after you lose is bullshit. "stay aggressive" kinda hard when your opponent has two swords and you never get the dust tornado when you actually need the freaking card.

Two Swords of Revealing Light, Raigeki (or whatever it's called), several multiple pieces of Exodia and a deck built around drawing lots of cards while the swords keep me unable to attack.

Also the tip after you lose is bullshit. "stay aggressive" kinda hard when your opponent has two swords and you never get the dust tornado when you actually need the freaking card.

If you're using a custom deck, try and get S/T removal cards like MST, Solemn Judgement/Warnings and etc. If your using the historical deck, I won't be able to help with that since haven't reach that part yet

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It is basically luck of the draw tbh. I would just use a custom deck that focuses on spell removal if you can, basically any of the preset decks with stuff like harpie's feather duster added help a lot.

On the plus side after you beat him, the reverse duel is hilarious. I love actually playing that deck.

Yugi's deck in the first reverse duel against Kaiba is such cheap bullshit. It's entirely built around delaying you from doing anything until he draws Exodia. He barely even attacks you on the field. It's all fucking Swords of Revealing Light, Heart of the Underdog, and Sangan. Just cheap.

Boogiepop

Holy crap! Seeing a random vampire card in the game dredged up memories of this guy:

VampireLord-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png

Oh man, I had completely forgotten about him, but that was like one of my absolute favorite cards back in the day. And I see they've apparently made some Vampire support since. Any chance that's a valid/halfway decent deck type?

Edit: While I'm thinking of it, how's Cyber Dragon stuff nowadays, too? I got out shortly after it came out, but I had one and it was a pretty cool (and definitely powerful back at that time) card. Hit the duel in GX where you use a deck with them, and it looks like there's quite a bit of support there.

Sandfox

Holy crap! Seeing a random vampire card in the game dredged up memories of this guy:

VampireLord-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png

Oh man, I had completely forgotten about him, but that was like one of my absolute favorite cards back in the day. And I see they've apparently made some Vampire support since. Any chance that's a valid/halfway decent deck type?

Edit: While I'm thinking of it, how's Cyber Dragon stuff nowadays, too? I got out shortly after it came out, but I had one and it was a pretty cool (and definitely powerful back at that time) card. Hit the duel in GX where you use a deck with them, and it looks like there's quite a bit of support there.

The deck is playable, but that's about all the praise I can give it.

Cyber Dragon is pretty good.

Boyos, any tips for my Vita and me being able to play it far away from the PS4? Whenever I go to my bedroom to play or down at the basement, I seem to struggle. I can't get further then a room away from it...

Any way to enhance this? I don't want to play it on my PS4 but stick to the Vita, this game is made for it.

Hydrus

So I've been playing this all weekend and I must say I'm impressed! I didn't expect much out of a cheap $20 Yugioh console game, but this is really good. Just a very simple, straight to the point Yugioh game. Game just needs a few minor improvements, hopefully through patches. I hope they support this game for a while!

7.5/ 10

Haven't been into yugioh in ages but i'm loving it again!

Boyos, any tips for my Vita and me being able to play it far away from the PS4? Whenever I go to my bedroom to play or down at the basement, I seem to struggle. I can't get further then a room away from it...

Any way to enhance this? I don't want to play it on my PS4 but stick to the Vita, this game is made for it.
Go to your PS4 and change the Direct Connection setting. I found that my Remote Play is more stable once I turned it off, but others have said that it works better when it's on. Just try out both different settings and see what's better for you.

jkh33

Disable "use wifi while in power save mode" option in the Vita settings.

Anyone find out how to get any Monarch monsters? Specifically Zaborg and Thestalos?

Lucked out and got a motherfuckin' Spirit Reaper from the Bastion pack. Need two more of those, a Don Zaloog, and some Mystic Tomatoes to really get some old school hand control going.

Fj0823

While I'm thinking of it, how's Cyber Dragon stuff nowadays, too? I got out shortly after it came out, but I had one and it was a pretty cool (and definitely powerful back at that time) card. Hit the duel in GX where you use a deck with them, and it looks like there's quite a bit of support there.

This should answer your question

Also this stuff

It's all in this game

Also the deck has this upcoming beast, which comes to the west early next year. Though I fully expect it to get banned at some point

Yes, the deck is pretty good

The only downside to the deck is that if you fail your one turn kill, you're left defenseless.

Source: I am currently building this deck IRL :)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
What's the card pool like in this game? I played competitively up until the Il Blud zombie deck era. I'd love to get caught up with a few shots of nostalgia while I'm at it.

Fj0823

What's the card pool like in this game? I played competitively up until the Il Blud zombie deck era. I'd love to get caught up with a few shots of nostalgia while I'm at it.

From "Metal Raiders" (first booster ever) to "The Secret Forces" (Feb 2015)

And a poster noted that some cards from a later set "Premium Gold 2" are sprinkled in. So there might be a bit more surprises

Anyone find out how to get any Monarch monsters? Specifically Zaborg and Thestalos?

Lucked out and got a motherfuckin' Spirit Reaper from the Bastion pack. Need two more of those, a Don Zaloog, and some Mystic Tomatoes to really get some old school hand control going.

it took me a long ass time but i got nearly every monarch from the bastion pack, well aside from teh earth one

I been spamming Sealed Play stuff and man oh man, please Tour Guide I'm begging you show up already. I have a gajillion DMoC, Wind-Zenmiester, Utopia. But love that I got a full set of Forbidden Lances, Gorz, Tragoedia and other good stuff. Definitely worth 2k for a bunch of nice stuff you can pull (TGoU pls).

Also, my man Jinzo, It's been so long since I used him, he's been carrying me nicely in sealed play. Easy tribute, awesome effect.

njean777

Yep took me and my friend 6 times to beat him, finally did with the story deck on the 6th try.

Yep took me and my friend 6 times to beat him, finally did with the story deck on the 6th try.
You're more patient than I. If I can't win a duel with/against the ridiculous decks some of these guys have on like the fourth try, I use my new deck to crush them. Lol.

njean777

You're more patient than I. If I can't win a duel with/against the ridiculous decks some of these guys have on like the fourth try, I use my new deck to crush them. Lol.

TBH there are so many cards I have that I have no clue what they do that I cannot even begin to build my own deck right now. So for now I am just using the story decks and slowly learning what cards do. I played the actual card game up to IOC after that I quit and haven't played it since. So just using the story decks has helped me learned what cards do that I have never played with.

TBH there are so many cards I have that I have no clue what they do that I cannot even begin to build my own deck right now. So for now I am just using the story decks and slowly learning what cards do. I played the actual card game up to IOC after that I quit and haven't played it since. So just using the story decks has helped me learned what cards do that I have never played with.
Well in addition to the Story decks, you're also given starter decks of Fusion, Synchro, XYZ, and Pendulum. Before I made this deck, I used either the XYZ or Pendulum to attack the duels I was having a hard time against.

Sandfox

If you or anyone else need help with deck building or anything in that realm can pm me.

Skittles

Just pick an archetype you like and modify the basic deck from there

played the demo today, I'll buy the game some time tomorrow. Yusei's story deck is trash tho man, could not beat Jack for the life of me with his default deck, it kept giving me trashy cards and luck was just on his side, the 3 times i faced him with the default deck by turn 3 he already summoned his signature monster(the white syncro dragon thing). switched to the fusion deck and gave that bitch Jack a nice spanking after.

edit: i forgot that yusei gets the white dragon, its been ages since i saw yugioh 5ds, sue me.

Top Bottom