• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Dominator

Played the card game when it was first coming out way back, had a killer deck. Bought a pack a few weeks ago for nostalgia reasons and the fact I saw a white card and a black card in the pack really threw me off lol

I might get this and try playing to see if I can learn what all the new stuffs about, it seems interesting.

Does this just throw you in expecting you to know everything or would this be a good place to start learning about the new things added in the past few years?

Played the card game when it was first coming out way back, had a killer deck. Bought a pack a few weeks ago for nostalgia reasons and the fact I saw a white card and a black card in the pack really threw me off lol

I might get this and try playing to see if I can learn what all the new stuffs about, it seems interesting.

Does this just throw you in expecting you to know everything or would this be a good place to start learning about the new things added in the past few years?
Between the tutorials and the OP, this is a perfect way to get back into Yugioh.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Dueling Network isn't automated still? BOOOOO

YGOPro has rules built in, and apparently it has some single player stuff too now. I kind of understand why Dueling Network is still more popular, my brother messed with that (long time ago now, I think) and he said almost everyone he played against cheated, lol.

Gator86

Just lost 3 straight duels to Joey at the end of Duelist Kingdom without ever being able to summon a monster. Nothing but 5 star, garbage tier monsters and polymerization draws. Yugi's deck was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Rizzi

Just lost 3 straight duels to Joey at the end of Duelist Kingdom without ever being able to summon a monster. Nothing but 5 star, garbage tier monsters and polymerization draws. Yugi's deck was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

The character decks are awful. Just build your own. :p

Mendrox

Ok I am hyped for this. Loved playing Yu-Gi-Oh back then. I watched some streams and it looks really simple like the old games. Seems like it isn't even a cash in with DLC...

I missed synchro monsters and pendulum summon (will start watching Arc V today) so there will be some fun new things (I watched Zexal!).

Gator86

The character decks are awful. Just build your own. :p

Yeah, they're horrifically bad but it's kind of fun trying to win with them. It's also a huge rush of nostalgia from the earlier episodes. I actually beat Mako by attacking the moon on my last turn. I didn't even know that was a real card until I drew it the turn before.

Fj0823

Ok I am hyped for this. Loved playing Yu-Gi-Oh back then. I watched some streams and it looks really simple like the old games. Seems like it isn't even a cash in with DLC...

I missed synchro monsters and pendulum summon (will start watching Arc V today) so there will be some fun new things (I watched Zexal!).

You watched the worst series ):

Do we know if there are plans to add campaign missions to Arc-V? Must say I was a bit thrown off when I realised it was just the pendulum tutorial!

Everything of note seems to be in the game other than the stuff that was released after Secret Forces which might end up being DLC added with future Arc-V stuff.

No, so far it seems like some of the DLC cards are only obtainable there.

No one has found a Dark Armed Dragon, for instance.

Delio

Downloaded the game today and I've been running through the GX storyline. Forgot how much I love the Hero cards <3

Mendrox

You watched the worst series ):

Nya I liked Yuma and the first 60 episodes were quiet refreshing (I skipped 5D's). Well I never completed Zexal and I also watched Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and GX (loved the horrible Duel Monster fansubs from china)

This game is great. I dusted off my old warrior deck from 10 years ago and trying to recreate it in the game. All these strange black, white and pendulum cards are too complicated for me atm, prefer the OG style of play.

Im trying to find D.D Warrior Lady and D.D Assailant. does anyone know what pack its in?

Pro tip: i just saw the dude that got otk'd by the quimeratech.

Always have book of moon on your deck.

If a monster with a ?/? Attack or defense gets flipped face down, when it flips face up again those values become 0/0.

Also, enemy controller to steal those monsters by sacrificing yours.

YOU'RE WELCOME /Sandow

ktynn

Banned
I'm glad they have a demo version of this, i tried it but man... why do they have so much disrespect for their franchise? The presentation in this game is so bad! That UI... they even managed to screw up the cards their illustrations by putting the logo of the game on top of them.

Jesus christ. They should take notes from Heartstone, MTG & even Gwent.

Do things you do in story mode (summons, etc.) not count towards Trophies/Achievements?

Every trophy I unlocked happened in the story mode outside of the win a ranked match one. I think the only place trophies don't unlock is in the tutorials including the story tutorials.

I lost to Yugi as Kaiba even though I was able to summon Blue Eyes Ultimate...I ran out of cards WITH more LP than Yugi. Because Yuge. Feels bad.

bumpkin

Every trophy I unlocked happened in the story mode outside of the win a ranked match one. I think the only place trophies don't unlock is in the tutorials including the story tutorials.
Weird. I didn't have any Trophies unlocked as I was playing through some of the story segments. I wonder if it has to do with me using the "unlock full game" option from within the game. Something must be glitched. I'll have to try closing it and then relaunching it.

I lost to Yugi as Kaiba even though I was able to summon Blue Eyes Ultimate...I ran out of cards WITH more LP than Yugi. Because Yuge. Feels bad.
That duel was wicked easy. What'd you do wrong? lol.

I wanted to hold out for the opportunity to summon Blue Eyes Ultimate, but I didn't want to give Yugi the chance to draw all five parts of Exodia.

Boogiepop

I feel like I've gotten lucky so far. Up to a few duels into GX (no reverse yet, though) and I've had no problems winning right off the bat with the story decks, except for Bakura's Destiny Board taking a few tries.

Btw, it's a shame that, though they put in those animations for certain monsters (which I hope they patch in a skip for eventually)... They didn't get what needed it most: Exodia (and to a lesser degree Destiny Board and things of that ilk). As is, those type of instant wins lack a little punch because it's just a sudden "you win/lose" screen, and it really could've used a little animation for some flavor. Oh well. Also kind of wish they would've sprung for at least a few more pictures for backgrounds in the story mode. Like, I don't need every location, but maybe it'd be nice if we weren't looking at the outside of the castle for the whole Duelist Kingdom finals, or if they could've put in the tower for after the blimp. Not a dealbreaker or anything, just a small disappointment.

Weird. I didn't have any Trophies unlocked as I was playing through some of the story segments. I wonder if it has to do with me using the "unlock full game" option from within the game. Something must be glitched. I'll have to try closing it and then relaunching it.

That duel was wicked easy. What'd you do wrong? lol.

I wanted to hold out for the opportunity to summon Blue Eyes Ultimate, but I didn't want to give Yugi the chance to draw all five parts of Exodia.

I probably didn't play his deck to the best of my ability. Ended up making my own deck and demolishing Yugi all the way up to Pegasus. Haven't looked back since.

Samus4145

Played the demo last night since I had fond memories of the PS1 title.

Kaiba summoned Blue Eyes on his first turn, but I got pieces of Exodia every turn.

The sheer amount of flashing text briefly on the screen is a real turn off though.

Welfare

Played the demo last night since I had fond memories of the PS1 title.

Kaiba summoned Blue Eyes on his first turn, but I got pieces of Exodia every turn.

The sheer amount of flashing text briefly on the screen is a real turn off though.

Kaiba also summoned Blue Eyes on his first turn for me, but I had Dark Hole so I got rid of thing quickly.

Kiro

How does the storyline work? If I play the first arc with yugi are there no synchro and pendulum and they just stick to the classic cards? Or do all arcs now have all types of cards? Thanks.

How does the game hold up in terms of presentation and polish compared to (what else) hearthstone? I looked up a couple videos on YT and it seemed a bit plain though could be more engrossing actually playing it?

How does the storyline work? If I play the first arc with yugi are there no synchro and pendulum and they just stick to the classic cards? Or do all arcs now have all types of cards? Thanks.

They use their *classic decks* from those seasons, though if you play them in the duel challenges their decks will have Synchros and etc (like Mako Tsunami).

There are no XYZ, Synchro, or Pendulum in Classic Campaign but they do have some cards from different eras to better support their decks.

Fj0823

Jaden also has the best W/L of the main characters I believe. GX was weird.

I don't think so. Yusei only lost 2 times.

That's something I really dislike, I love that in ARC-V, when a character is presented as a beast that can destroy Yuya easily. They actually do it.

Top Bottom