• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Skyo

My only gripe is how the game constantly asks me to activate my quick-play spell or trap at every possible phase. :/ I'l use it when I need to game! Grr

On a side note, remade my gravekeepers deck in the game. Great fun!

My only gripe is how the game constantly asks me to activate my quick-play spell or trap at every possible phase. :/ I'l use it when I need to game! Grr

You can modify those prompts in settings

The worst is when you have a Trap that can activate at any time, you're closing the prompts multiple times in a row, and accidentally choose not to activate a monster effect that can save you.

Gator86

Somewhat. Characters will have all their support cards for what they use in the show (Yugi packs have all Magician archetype, Kaiba packs have all Blue-Eyes archetype), but they also have a few specific unrelated archetypes in them too like every single Gravekeeper's card is in Kaiba packs despite him never using them.

Is Yugi basically the place to go for all the Spellcaster cards and supports? I've gotten most of his but am trying to fill out the rest.

Is Yugi basically the place to go for all the Spellcaster cards and supports? I've gotten most of his but am trying to fill out the rest.

For the most part. Yugi's set has very key Spellcaster supports, but not every Spellcaster is in there since Gravekeepers are Spellcasters which are only in Kaiba's set.

Yuma has the Spellbook cards, which is a suite of high powered spell cards built mostly for the Prophecy spellcaster archetype, but also useful in Spell Counter decks, or other spellcaster decks in general.

Kiro

Is there a way to speed up the booster opening process? I have a lot of gold and rather not waste 25 minutes opening boosters.

OmegaDL50

Ooo, so thats what that setting was. Thought it was to disable the model animations :L My bad :D I changed it to pro now. thanks ;)

Be mindful when you change the setting to Pro it won't alert you when to use a card ever.

Even if you wanted to use a Mirror Force in response to an Enemy's attacking card you need to press a button to bring up the prompt the game won't alert you of this.

The Simple setting might be a happy medium between the Default and Pro. However if you are comfortable in pressing X when you absolutely need to use a card without warning, I'd say go with Pro.

Of course this goes without saying a good understanding of the rules and when and when not a card may or even should be used. I'd say having experience in manual drawing and a thorough understanding of the games rules should be considered before changing it to the Pro setting.

Wow fighting Mako Tsunami, and what kind of OP shit is this? He has Umi, water setting effect on and Tornado Wall as a trap card. Basically as long as Umi is on the field, this card allows Mako to not lose any points. Ever. I would have crushed in 5-6 moves and instead I'm stuck watching a blank opposition with no monsters while I have 4 out there hoping he runs out of cards. Even crushing a monster in attack form means he loses no life. Ridiculous.

Also Yugi's original deck is absolute trash. Fuck you and your heart of cards Yugi, how did you do so well in the anime with this? -_-
I'm using my deck in this game by the way

EDIT: OMG. I just destroyed his Tornado Wall and he just summoned another one. He had 0 monsters and I have 5, basically would be a 1-hit KO. Screw this scrub...

Skyo

Any1 else having this problem?*

After changing my dialog prompts to 'pro' I cant seem to activate my mirror force when my opponent attacks me (on all the occasions). I tried holding X at the start of the turn and tried on upon entering their battle phase. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged?

*Nevermind, just my poor timing ;) You gotta press X exactly when they attack you (with the red arrow). -Pro indeed

Fj0823

Any1 else having this problem?

After changing my dialog prompts to 'pro' I cant seem to activate my mirror force when my opponent attacks me (on all the occasions). I tried holding X at the start of the turn and tried on upon entering their battle phase. Am I doing something wrong or is it bugged?

It might be your timing

Yeah, Pro timing is a bit too much for me. Simone seems to be the best for me. It has a few too many alerts for my taste, but gets the job done.

EDIT: Although I guess getting used to Pro would be the best for playing higher level online duels, so your opponent doesn't know what your facedown is by the game prompts.

Here guys, just posting this for all the new players wondering what cards they should be using or AKA The Staples that will make almost any deck better then they are with it, and just letting you know, these are SOME of the staples, but not all, there are TONS of cards that different decks can use, so I can't list everyone, but here is a list to start out:

Monsters:
Black Luster Soldier: Envory of the Begining(Boss monster in light/dark monster deck, with two really good effects, banish a monster on the field, or if he attacks and destroys a monster, he can attack again, he also has 3k attack)

Maxx "C"(Basically you get draws EVERYTIME your opponent special summons a monster, this basically limits your opponents plays unless he wants to make you very plus on it)

Effect Veiler(Stops monsters effects that can screw you over, and also a tuner for synchro summons)

Honest(Allows your light monsters to attack over monsters that you can't attack over normally, and can take games with this effect if timed correctly)

Summoner Monk(Allows for a special summon for a spell discard cost, basically to bring out a level 4 for a XYZ summon)

Spells:
Mystical Space Typhoon(Spell/Trap detruction, which is needed against alot of decks)

Soul Charge(A Monster reborn with more of a deeper cost, but still a staple because you can get back monsters to help you out)

Book Of Moon(A anti-monster effect card, basically sets the card so they have to flip it back up to attack or use its effect, very good card, and one of the 4 main staples in YGO)

One Day of Peace(The best stall card in the game, hands down)

Raigeki(Another of the 4 main staples, destroys all your opponent's monsters in one swift go)

Pot of Duality(A draw card, allows you to get your cards quicker, with the downside of you cannot special summon the turn you used this card)

Forbidden Lance(This card protects your monsters and stops your opponent's monsters. reducing their attack by 800 points, but making them immune to spells and traps till the end of the turn)

Allure of Darkness(Draw card for decks that uses alot of Dark Monsters, only downside you need to banish a dark monster, or you lose your whole hand, but most of the time, you only use this card when you already have a dark monster in your hand already)

Upstart Goblin(Draw card, speeds up your deck by making it a 37 card deck instead of a 40 card deck, but, You need to use 3x or this card will not be worth running)

Traps:
Bottomless Trap Hole(Stops a summon of a problem monster, and banishes it, so it cannot come back as easy it, only works on 1500 attack or higher monsters)

Torrential Tribute(Destroys all monsters on the field if a monster or monsters gets summons, basically it wipes the field of monsters, very good floodgate card)

Compulsory Evacution Device(The third of the Staples, Sends a monster on the field back to the player's hand or extra deck, bringing a monster back out from the hand is a lot harder to do then from the graveyard, basically makes your opponent have to resummon it again)

Vanity's Empiness(Stops ALL special summoning, this is one of the main floodgate cards of Yu-Gi-Oh, downside is that it is very easy to get rid of, your don't even need to to destroy it, you need to destroy either a monster or another spell, so any destruction is a free -2 for your opponent)

Solemn Warning(The last of the staples, for 2000 lifepoints, it STOPS any summoning of a monster or monsters from a effect, spell or trap card, or even Pendulum summon, it stops anything, and this card cannot be changed to, unless by another counter trap, your opponent needs to destroy it before summoning or have a monster not worth Warning at all, or you have less then 2k lifepoints)

Extra deck:
Gagaga Cowboy(Allows you burn for that last bit of damage you need to win the duel, or allows you to attack over a monster)

Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight(Allows you to take out a problem high attack monster or effect monster, WHILE being able to protect himself from destruction by removing a XYZ Materinal from himeself

Castel, The Skyblaster Musketeer(One of the best Rank 4 XYZ Monsters, allows you to basically get rid of a problem monster from the field, without the fear of a destruction effect, because his effect shuffles the monster back into the deck, which is the hardest way to bring back a monster in Yu-Gi-Oh)

Evilswarm Exciton Knight(Basically allows you to nuke the field if your opponent has more overall cards in his hand and field then you do, with the effect that your opponent cannot be damage for the rest of the turn. This monster is basically allows you to reset the field after you mess up or opponent had a bigger advanage over you, so you can make the field even again)

If you guys want me to talk about more cards that would help a lot of decks out, or certain decks out, I will happy to help out the best I can do, just let me know what you want to know.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, Pro timing is a bit too much for me. Simone seems to be the best for me. It has a few too many alerts for my taste, but gets the job done.

EDIT: Although I guess getting used to Pro would be the best for playing higher level online duels, so your opponent doesn't know what your facedown is by the game prompts.

I tried Pro and didn't like it. You can still bypass the messages on default by holding a button(on PS4 I believe it's O), so you just hold it through the phases and let go when you want a message to pop up again.

Is Final Countdown still viable? I used to run a creatureless version, aside from three creatures that you could play from the hand to stop damage.

Is Final Countdown still viable? I used to run a creatureless version, aside from three creatures that you could play from the hand to stop damage.

Not as viable because it has been limited to one for a while, it can still work, if you have someway to bring it to your hand ASAP

I feel like I spend a good 2 or 3 matches per Yu-Gi-Oh OG series campaign scenario surrendering and reloading, because Yugi's deck sucks and I draw three level 7 monsters and a bunch of Polymerization cards for good measure.

It is cool that these decks are largely based on the anime fights, but whenever I end up drawing a Mammoth Graveyard, a little more of me dies.

Enjoying myself generally, though :) Looking forward to getting to grips with all these weird mechanics that didn't exist when I was playing The Eternal Duelist Soul however many years ago.

I feel like I spend a good 2 or 3 matches per Yu-Gi-Oh OG series campaign scenario surrendering and reloading, because Yugi's deck sucks and I draw three level 7 monsters and a bunch of Polymerization cards for good measure.

It is cool that these decks are largely based on the anime fights, but whenever I end up drawing a Mammoth Graveyard, a little more of me dies.

Enjoying myself generally, though :) Looking forward to getting to grips with all these weird mechanics that didn't exist when I was playing The Eternal Duelist Soul however many years ago.

I sometimes feel like the only decks more garbage tier than the ones Yugi uses in campaign are the ones Joey uses in campaign

OmegaDL50

I would hope if they plan to add more Arc-V cards to the game in the form of DLC add-on packs to increase the card list, they would also revise the banlist as well.

Of course I know only a few Yu-Gi-Oh video games that actually did have banlist update, so it remains to be seen if Other Ocean plans to add more content to this game over the months in due time.

Gator86

I gave up on the anime decks pretty fast. It is fun that they mirror the series but they're such utter trash it actively detracts from the quality of the game. A hand consisting of perpetual Curse of Dragon and Polymerization, and only those, is a horrible waste of time.

Wow, I just had a true "Heart of the Cards" moment in the final battle of the original series campaign. Yami Yugi had both Ra with 7200 ATK and Obelisk on the field again me. I had no cards that could even touch either of them and nothing in my hand. Then I got a Pot of Greed, drew another Pot of Greed, used that and got Gandora the Dragon of Destruction, which at the cost of half my LP destroys everything else on the field. I managed to capture it on the Xbox Upload but it didn't go far back enough to show the Pot of Greed stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpg-AP6Qkw&feature=youtu.be

I would hope if they plan to add more Arc-V cards to the game in the form of DLC add-on packs to increase the card list, they would also revise the banlist as well.

Of course I know only a few Yu-Gi-Oh video games that actually did have banlist update, so it remains to be seen if Other Ocean plans to add more content to this game over the months in due time.
I know the World Championship DS games had downloadable banlists, so I'd hope this game would get them too. If Konami can keep this game relatively close to the TCG when it comes to cards and banlists, I can see it doing very well. If it never gets updated, I think it's legs will be very short indeed.

Don't forget Tea's deck ;)
Tea's deck can be really good though. You almost always have monsters to summon, and you can buff them up quite a lot.

OmegaDL50

Tea's deck wasn't that bad, since you could make absurdly powerful monsters with some luck, and the monsters being normally weak meant you could pretty much always summon something.

Tea's Deck is useful in some situations like Level restriction decks that use cards like Level Limit - Area B which prevent Level 4 or higher cards from being summoned.

A significant portion of monsters in Tea's deck are level 3's and lower. So with a few decent equip cards like Unicorn Horn or United We Stand, and can turn some weak level 3 card into something dangerous to deal with.

Of course in the newer rulesets when Xyz cards that don't use levels but ranks, Level restrictions are pointless.

Skyo

One day of peace is limited to 1 and I personally think upstart goblins are better in general. rather give them LP than an extra card too.

What do you guys think for draw power?

I use 3 duality and 2 upstarts

ZeroX03

Banned
No. Mystic tomato (and all cards of that ilk) activates in teh graveyard, and it ends up in your graveyard, not the opponent.

The old UDE ruling was: If your opponent controls your "Mystic Tomato" and it is destroyed as a result of battle, you get the effect of "Mystic Tomato" NOT your opponent. And it still applies in the game, if you take a Mystic Tomato or similar card and tribute it the opponent gets to search not you.

Sandfox

One day of peace is limited to 1 and I personally think upstart goblins are better in general. rather give them LP than an extra card too.

One Day of Peace was mainly just used in decks that stalled like Exodia and Final Countdown. My preference when it comes to draw cards depends on the deck I'm playing.

One Day of Peace was mainly just used in decks that stalled like Exodia and Final Countdown. My preference when it comes to draw cards depends on the deck I'm playing.

Yeah, a lot of archetypes have their own draw support, have searching abilities that make draw support unnecessary, or even focus more on getting cards to the graveyard and then getting them from there

One Day of Peace is WAY better then Upstart, just because of one thing, it STALLS, its basically a one turn Swords that basically stops ALL damage you and your opponent gets, and allows you draw a card without the fear of losing next turn.

Yes it may give your opponent a card too, but it doesn't matter as much if they cannot win or life point lead with that card on their turn.

I'm pretty sure I got one out of either the joey or bakura pack. I think it was joey, but I'm not sure.

joeys booster pack has been the best for me, my ritual deck centered around Ruin, Queen of Oblivion, and Demise, King of Armageddon has gotten so much better with some other rituals there. I also use tons of normals so Lycanthrope has been helpful.

bumpkin

Wow, I just had a true "Heart of the Cards" moment in the final battle of the original series campaign. Yami Yugi had both Ra with 7200 ATK and Obelisk on the field again me. I had no cards that could even touch either of them and nothing in my hand. Then I got a Pot of Greed, drew another Pot of Greed, used that and got Gandora the Dragon of Destruction, which at the cost of half my LP destroys everything else on the field. I managed to capture it on the Xbox Upload but it didn't go far back enough to show the Pot of Greed stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpg-AP6Qkw&feature=youtu.be
Still, that's awesome! I love when stuff like that happens in my favor. Drives me nuts when it happens against me though.

Top Bottom