• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Fj0823

Has anyone pulled a djinn releaser of rituals yet, looking for one but don't know where to start looking.

Nekroz Djinn lockdown?
People like you are the reason we can't have nice things ):

Edit: Thank god Zane's deck is not up to date, just imagine a Cyber Dragon Infinity besides Chimeratech *shudders*

Zunja

I'm trying to remember decks from the show I always thought would be fun but didn't want to buy/no one to play with.

The one i remember is from GX it's the Mokey Mokey deck I think? I'm assuming those cards are in the game but hows the deck hold up? Anything I could add that some of the more experienced players know about to make it better?

krlitros87

Neo Member
The last time i played a Yu Gi Oh was at least 10 year ago! D:
psn: krlitros_87
feel free to add me :)
I'm just starting to learn about this thinks of syncro, xyz and pendulum, so i'll have to practice a lot! D:
i was wondering. Since i only watched the 'original' Yu Gi Oh series (with Yugi Moto) do you think it will help me to first play the campaigns of the other TV series?
I just tried a Battler/draft mode agains the AI and it destroyed me D:
btw, thanks a lot to the OP. It threads helps me a lot to just grasp a little of the new thins of the game.

bumpkin

The last time i played a Yu Gi Oh was at least 10 year ago! D:
psn: krlitros_87
feel free to add me :)
I'm just starting to learn about this thinks of syncro, xyz and pendulum, so i'll have to practice a lot! D:
i was wondering. Since i only watched the 'original' Yu Gi Oh series (with Yugi Moto) do you think it will help me to first play the campaigns of the other TV series?
I just tried a Battler/draft mode agains the AI and it destroyed me D:
btw, thanks a lot to the OP. It threads helps me a lot to just grasp a little of the new thins of the game.
I stopped playing the TCG shortly after the Ancient Sanctuary booster pack series came out. That was one of the last before the shift to GX if I'm recalling correctly. I've pretty much stuck to the basics I remember and have done alright in the Story mode duels (from the original show). I haven't tried Battler/Draft mode though.

I'm still trying to build up a decent collection of cards to make my own deck, but I've unlocked a handful of pre-made ones. I'll send you a FR, we can duel sometime!

PSN ID: DaveB1980

EDIT: Added everyone from the earlier gamer tag post.

Fj0823

I'm trying to remember decks from the show I always thought would be fun but didn't want to buy/no one to play with.

The one i remember is from GX it's the Mokey Mokey deck I think? I'm assuming those cards are in the game but hows the deck hold up? Anything I could add that some of the more experienced players know about to make it better?

I had an awful experience with a Mokey Mokey Player back in school, it really was something that affected me as a kid. Might as well share it

Some dude older than me came and asked me to trade my Secret Rare Dark Magician Girl for some of his crap. When I refused he told me to play for our best card (My best card at the moment was "Dark Eradicator Warlock" and I had several copies of him) so I Agreed, he then decided to play with a partner, with one of his friends acting as my partner. They all used mokey mokey with Gravity Bind and Level Limit Area B. When I got rid of those, MY PARTNER ACTIVATED THEM and I lost (not we, I)

He then takes my deck and grabs my DMG, I complain, take it from his hand and got the fuck outta there, cheating bitch. Later in the day HE TOLD THE PRINCIPAL OF THE SCHOOL ABOUT IT. And in a humilliating visit, he yelled at me in public for not being a "good sport" (Instead of...I dunno talking to us about how gambling is bad and stuff) and forced me to give them not the card I said I would give up, but the card they wanted. I cried like a little bitch and got bullied for several days because of that.

Years later, 20 year old me is finnishing up my deck and I decide to enter a non-meta tournament, lots of new people....And In my first round, guess who was right in front of me? He didn't seem to remember me, and he still used that Mokey Mokey. His face when the judge told him my Xyz "Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon" with almost 12000 ATK could attack his 300 ATK Mokey Mokey even with Gravity Bind on the field was priceless. Didn't make up for my experience as a kid, but it felt great.

ON TOPIC

Play with Rank 1 Xyz Monsters like "Number 39: Utopia Roots" "Slacker Magician" "Ghostrick Dullahan" and "Number 54: Lion Heart" alongside the Mokey Fusions . Remove any Level related stalling card from your deck and play "Messenger of Peace" instead

Fj0823

As someone who used to play occasionally when Yu Gi Oh first came out...what the hell?

Future Fusion (Now banned) sends Fusion materials from your deck to your grave and summons the fusion 2 turns later (If its still on the field)

Overload Fusion: Fuses monsters in your graveyard for a DARK Machine-Type fusion

Chimeratech Overdragon: requires 1 Cyber Dragon+ Any number of machines as fusion materials, and it's attack becomes the number of materials x 800.

Anyone know where to get Jinzo? I only have Jinzo Lord.

If you still haven't found Jinzo, you can get him from the sealed play packs. You get other good stuff from there too like Wind-up Zenmeiester, Utopia, DmoC, Book of Moons, Forbidden Lances, Gorz, Tour Guide and etc. I would suggested looking at "Dawn of Battle" packs in Wiki to see what's in the pack. It's definitely worth 2000 credits for some staples that you can pull.

I'm currently holding off on Blackwings & Lightsworns and shifting focus on either Junk & Debris (the classic deck made popular by Rauzes) or Shooting Quasar deck.

Some cards/archtype everyone wants I found reading Gamefaqs (credits to gamefaqs poster):
Solemn Warning - Strings, in the Duelist Challenges (Yu-Gi-Oh ).
Archlord Kristya - Tea duliest challenge.
Nekroz - Alexis Rhodes Booster
Yata - Pendulum Pack
Effect Veiler- Yusei Pack
Hand of the Six Samurai - Akiza Pack

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
From "Metal Raiders" (first booster ever) to "The Secret Forces" (Feb 2015)

And a poster noted that some cards from a later set "Premium Gold 2" are sprinkled in. So there might be a bit more surprises
That's pretty sweet, but I did just read another poster that some cards are omitted (like DAD?)

Are the banlists for multiplayer up to date? Can you play Traditional and Advanced in custom games?

Thanks for all the help.

Altairre

Future Fusion (Now banned) sends Fusion materials from your deck to your grave and summons the fusion 2 turns later (If its still on the field)

Overload Fusion: Fuses monsters in your graveyard for a DARK Machine-Type fusion

Chimeratech Overdragon: requires 1 Cyber Dragon+ Any number of machines as fusion materials, and it's attack becomes the number of materials x 800.

I think I would just quit and never play the game again if that happened to me.

Zunja

I had an awful experience with a Mokey Mokey Player back in school, it really was something that affected me as a kid. Might as well share it

Some dude older than me came and asked me to trade my Secret Rare Dark Magician Girl for some of his crap. When I refused he told me to play for our best card (My best card at the moment was "Dark Eradicator Warlock" and I had several copies of him) so I Agreed, he then decided to play with a partner, with one of his friends acting as my partner. They all used mokey mokey with Gravity Bind and Level Limit Area B. When I got rid of those, MY PARTNER ACTIVATED THEM and I lost (not we, I)

He then takes my deck and grabs my DMG, I complain, take it from his hand and got the fuck outta there, cheating bitch. Later in the day HE TOLD THE PRINCIPAL OF THE SCHOOL ABOUT IT. And in a humilliating visit, he yelled at me in public for not being a "good sport" (Instead of...I dunno talking to us about how gambling is bad and stuff) and forced me to give them not the card I said I would give up, but the card they wanted. I cried like a little bitch and got bullied for several days because of that.

Years later, 20 year old me is finnishing up my deck and I decide to enter a non-meta tournament, lots of new people....And In my first round, guess who was right in front of me? He didn't seem to remember me, and he still used that Mokey Mokey. His face when the judge told him my Xyz "Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon" with almost 12000 ATK could attack his 300 ATK Mokey Mokey even with Gravity Bind on the field was priceless. Didn't make up for my experience as a kid, but it felt great.

ON TOPIC

Play with Rank 1 Xyz Monsters like "Number 39: Utopia Roots" "Slacker Magician" "Ghostrick Dullahan" and "Number 54: Lion Heart" alongside the Mokey Fusions . Remove any Level related stalling card from your deck and play "Messenger of Peace" instead

Ha that's horrible, at least you got to beat him later. The only stuff that happened back when Yugioh first came out at my high school was people printing off Blue Eyes or whatever stickers and pasting them onto cards. Tons of kids got scammed for their cards because of those fakes. We also had one bully flush another kids deck down the toilet, he pulled a lot of them out, but that's the worst I think.

I'll have to look into that. My friend tried to get me into the actual card game years ago when I had cards from the base base sets and he had Pharaohs I'm not sure what the set was actually card. Needless to say I got rocked from the perceived power creep in Yugioh. I hope I was mistaken on that because I actually like basic tribute more than XYZ but I think I'd get rekt trying a basic deck against the newer ones.

bumpkin

Speaking of the booster packs, is there any rhyme or reason to the characters (Grandpa Moto, Mai, Bakura, etc.) when you're buying packs? Does each character signify a certain set of real-life booster series?

Speaking of the booster packs, is there any rhyme or reason to the characters (Grandpa Moto, Mai, Bakura, etc.) when you're buying packs?

Somewhat. Characters will have all their support cards for what they use in the show (Yugi packs have all Magician archetype, Kaiba packs have all Blue-Eyes archetype), but they also have a few specific unrelated archetypes in them too like every single Gravekeeper's card is in Kaiba packs despite him never using them.

Skittles

Ha that's horrible, at least you got to beat him later. The only stuff that happened back when Yugioh first came out at my high school was people printing off Blue Eyes or whatever stickers and pasting them onto cards. Tons of kids got scammed for their cards because of those fakes. We also had one bully flush another kids deck down the toilet, he pulled a lot of them out, but that's the worst I think.

I'll have to look into that. My friend tried to get me into the actual card game years ago when I had cards from the base base sets and he had Pharaohs I'm not sure what the set was actually card. Needless to say I got rocked from the perceived power creep in Yugioh. I hope I was mistaken on that because I actually like basic tribute more than XYZ but I think I'd get rekt trying a basic deck against the newer ones.
Your best bet for playing a tribute-based deck would be the monarch archetype

Fj0823

Your best bet for playing a tribute-based deck would be the monarch archetype

Yup, they even got upgraded recently.

300px-CaiustheMegaMonarch-SECE-EN-UR-1E.png
300px-TheMonarchsStormforth-AP06-EN-C-UE.png
300px-MarchoftheMonarchs-CBLZ-EN-C-1E.png

bumpkin

If it hasn't already been posted, this is a card list for each pack:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TazmJLQpekOuWDdxEoun2FPH0Xgh1tiPJdTfioBnj3E/edit?usp=sharing

It's incomplete, but it's a great place to look if you want to find out where to focus your pack opening.
Nice, thanks for the link. Kind of interesting that all three Egyptian God Cards come in Yugi packs. I would have figured Obelisk would be under Kaiba, Slifer under Yugi, and a Marik pack would have Ra; I don't even see Marik.

I don't see my favorite broken card anywhere in the spreadsheet. I hope it's in the game somewhere. :D

41%2BVVxLweBL.jpg

Sayah

Well, I've bought the game and am downloading it now.

I will be pissed if this goes on sale a little while later. I had similarly bought SCII HD for $20 and it was on sale for $5 like a month later.

OmegaDL50

Well looks like Mai has Gokipon, Spear Cretin, Needle Worm and Warm Worm for my Mill Deck.

Looks I'll start from there.

While I still have lots of cards missing, I worked up a deck list what I'm gonna run for some hard-core grinding in the game.

Junk&Debris.Dek
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Dark Armed Dragon
2 Chaos Sorcerer
1 Armageddon Knight
3 Junk Synchron
1 Debris Dragon
1 QuickDraw
2 N Glow Moss
2 N Black Panther
1 N Grand Mole
2 Cross Porter
2 Dandylion
1 Sangan
1 Spore
1 Grow Up Bulb

2 Convert Contact
2 Tuning
1 Foolish Burial
1 Allure of Darkness
2 Reinforcements of the Army
1 Mind Control
1 Book of Moon
1 Mind Control
1 MST
1 Dark Hole

2 Raigeki Break
1 Solemn Warning
1 Call Of The Haunted
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra 15
1 Shooting Quasar Dragon
1 Trishula Dragon of the Ice Boundary
1 Junk Destroyer
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Junk Berserker
1 Chain Dragon
1 Goyo Gaurdian
1 Drill Warrior
1 TG Hyper Librarian
1 AOJ Catastor
1 Magical Android
1 Formula Synchron

Basically the same skeleton of the original J&D with a few tech in to replace the fall Debris Dragon. The deck has a lot of outs even with bad hands, as long as you can ride out a bad start, the deck can start revving out Synchros so quickly that its so fun. I need help fixing out my Extra Deck though, I feel like it needs some XYZ but I'm having a hard time deciding what cards to drop.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped playing Yu-Gi-Oh in 2007. Seeing these new cards completely puzzles and terrifies me. Is the learning curve really great now? I'd like to get this game but all of this seems overwhelming.

Go to your PS4 and change the Direct Connection setting. I found that my Remote Play is more stable once I turned it off, but others have said that it works better when it's on. Just try out both different settings and see what's better for you.

Disable "use wifi while in power save mode" option in the Vita settings.
Thanks boyos, I can play it in several rooms in my house now. <3 Just went and bought 6 deck packs from the uncle in the first game. I can't stop spending money -_-

Fj0823

I stopped playing Yu-Gi-Oh in 2007. Seeing these new cards completely puzzles and terrifies me. Is the learning curve really great now? I'd like to get this game but all of this seems overwhelming.

Nah, it all comes together very nicely during play.
It's just a matter of practice and mastering combos and strategies now instead of just having the higher points.

Just read about the new cards carefully, and try to find some of them you like, then try to summon them a few times to get the hang of it.

After that pick a theme for your deck, and start messing with different cards of said theme until you find a strategy you feel comfortable with.

It takes practice and you'll ask lots of questions, but you'll get there quickly. Just dont expect to play like this on your first try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJY_5ChFZbA (Warning, Intimidating looking footage from YGOPro)

If it hasn't already been posted, this is a card list for each pack:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TazmJLQpekOuWDdxEoun2FPH0Xgh1tiPJdTfioBnj3E/edit?usp=sharing

It's incomplete, but it's a great place to look if you want to find out where to focus your pack opening.
Good guy Android.

Nice, thanks for the link. Kind of interesting that all three Egyptian God Cards come in Yugi packs. I would have figured Obelisk would be under Kaiba, Slifer under Yugi, and a Marik pack would have Ra; I don't even see Marik.

I don't see my favorite broken card anywhere in the spreadsheet. I hope it's in the game somewhere. :D

41%2BVVxLweBL.jpg
I think it might actually be locked behind the DLC. Several people have been finding cards in the DLC that they haven't been able to find elsewhere yet. There's nothing conclusive though.

The game eases you in very well. You'll learn the new mechanics throughout the story mode, and the OP will also help a lot. I highly recommend getting it.

Also, don't get scared away by the video Fj just posted. Lol. The game isn't like that at all.

Stuart444

So after so many losses to Seeker and his bullshit deck
(which is appropriately titled "cheating exodia" after you win)
I tried using the pre-made xyz deck (don't know why I skipped synchro and went straight for xyz lol) and won quite quickly. That deck is pretty cool and I understood the xyz rules quite quickly.

Dreading the first time I try the Pendulum one, read over the op description several times and it still hurts my head.

bumpkin

Go to your PS4 and change the Direct Connection setting. I found that my Remote Play is more stable once I turned it off, but others have said that it works better when it's on. Just try out both different settings and see what's better for you.
I've got to try this. I already did the Wi-Fi power saver setting adjustment on my Vita and my Remote Play still works like shit when I'm less than 6 feet from my PS4.

I think it might actually be locked behind the DLC. Several people have been finding cards in the DLC that they haven't been able to find elsewhere yet. There's nothing conclusive though.
That'd be weird given that Chaos Emperor Dragon came out around the same time -- maybe even the same booster series (Invasion of Chaos?) -- and that's not locked behind DLC.

Guys is this game out for the good ol US of A yet??? Im really itching to play
Yes it is, and there are quite a few of us GAFers playing the heck out of it. (The list of us was posted a couple pages ago, I believe) Join us!

After reading up on all of the new Cyber Dragon support, I need this game to be updated ASAP! I will spend way too much money on this game if they keep releasing new boosters and content as DLC.

Fj0823

Yes it is, and there are quite a few of us GAFers playing the heck out of it. (The list of us was posted a couple pages ago, I believe) Join us!

After reading up on all of the new Cyber Dragon support, I need this game to be updated ASAP! I will spend way too much money on this game if they keep releasing new boosters and content as DLC.

I doubt stuff like Cyber Dragon Infinity and Chimeratech Rampage Dragon will be DLC for this.

They are a long way off from the TCG

That is pretty funny, that overkill.

I used to enjoy the card game, but man the presentation in this looks so bland.
No kidding. And that Chineratech Overdragon could've attacked another 20 times as well. XD

I doubt stuff like Cyber Dragon Infinity and Chimeratech Rampage Dragon will be DLC for this.

They are a long way off from the TCG
You're crushing my dreams, man.

Wow. Even anime duels don't end that quickly.

OmegaDL50

Did I see 3D monster models in that OP?!

Only special monsters show a 3D animation when they do an attack.

Cards like Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Number 39: Utopia, and other major series cards will have a special animation play when they do an attack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to find the justification for why they changed the rule turns after the coin toss / rock, paper, scissors. In that who ever goes first cannot draw during the first turn.

From what I understand the player who goes first has less advantages such as not being able to attack on the first round of setting a card. And now they can't draw either. I suppose it's fair for getting to go first but what disadvantages are their for the second player from a balance perspective?

I'd understand not being able to attack on the first turn, but now it's unable to draw either. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Fj0823

Only special monsters show a 3D animation when they do an attack.

Cards like Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Number 39: Utopia, and other major series cards will have a special animation play when they do an attack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to find the justification for why they changed the rule turns after the coin toss / rock, paper, scissors. In that who ever goes first cannot draw during the first turn.

From what I understand the player who goes first has less advantages such as not being able to attack on the first round of setting a card. And now they can't draw either. I suppose it's fair for getting to go first but what disadvantages are their for the second player from a balance perspective?

I'd understand not being able to attack on the first turn, but now it's unable to draw either. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Look at this first turns please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG0v7ciCL60

He got two of this in his first turn.

You could do that, and be free of interruptions since its the first turn. So they nerfed first turn a bit more to avoid stuff like that

Top Bottom