• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

If you're playing multiplayer, could your opponent tell if you have a quickplay spell/general use trap or not based whether you spend time on the prompts?
Yeah. If it pauses their turn to ask you if you want to use your facedown when they summon a monster for example, they'll know it's not Mirror Force.

Wow, I just had a true "Heart of the Cards" moment in the final battle of the original series campaign. Yami Yugi had both Ra with 7200 ATK and Obelisk on the field again me. I had no cards that could even touch either of them and nothing in my hand. Then I got a Pot of Greed, drew another Pot of Greed, used that and got Gandora the Dragon of Destruction, which at the cost of half my LP destroys everything else on the field. I managed to capture it on the Xbox Upload but it didn't go far back enough to show the Pot of Greed stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpg-AP6Qkw&feature=youtu.be

You'd make a great duelist in the anime. Amazing move :D

Man, some of these packs are annoying as heck. Jack's booster for example has like six different archetypes in it! How am I supposed to get my cute little Watts with all of these other cards popping in?! >=[]

macklelol

Man, some of these packs are annoying as heck. Jack's booster for example has like six different archetypes in it! How am I supposed to get my cute little Watts with all of these other cards popping in?! >=[]

You could always just duel against Broder in the 5D's duelist challenge. He has a Watt deck.

Fj0823

I really hope we get the new sets as DLC. Just so I can use this unholy abomination against nature.
300px-OddEyesRebellionDragon-CORE-EN-ScR-1E.png

Akuosa

I can't seem to find Harpie's Phoenix Formation...I assumed It'd be in the Mai pack.

Is it in the game?
I got it from Mai's pack today, so yes, you're just unlucky.

I'm coming back to this game for the first time since forever. Synchro summons were the new thing the kids were doing when I stoped paying attention to the game, barely learnt how to use them, felt old and stoped playing sortly after.
Now got this out of pure nostalgia and what is all this, omg. Xyz? Pendulum what? NOW I feel old. I'm enjoying remembering my old and obsolete decks though, so I'll try to adapt to the new mechanics. I like that the campaing goes very little by little with them, so I'm not overwhelmed at the start.

I got it from Mai's pack today, so yes, you're just unlucky.

I'm coming back to this game for the first time since forever. Synchro summons were the new thing the kids were doing when I stoped paying attention to the game, barely learnt how to use them, felt old and stoped playing sortly after.
Now got this out of pure nostalgia and what is all this, omg. Xyz? Pendulum what? NOW I feel old. I'm enjoying remembering my old and obsolete decks though, so I'll try to adapt to the new mechanics. I like that the campaing goes very little by little with them, so I'm not overwhelmed at the start.

A lot of old decks got update. Old archetypes like Harpies, Agents, Red Eyes, BLS (they turned him into archetypes with new support) and etc, a lot of them were made viable to fit in with the new summoning mechanics.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archetypes

^Check up some of the old and new archetypes and see if any might interest you.

Sayah

So with banned cards like graceful charity, are they not allowed in online play? I don't have PS plus yet and can't test ranked matches online. Banned cards are clearly marked. Just wondering if they're allowed.

Edit: Question #2: I want to build a Sanctuary in the Sky themed deck. I guess Bakura is the only person that could offer me useful booster packs for that. Any other character that offers good light-type monsters?

So with banned cards like graceful charity, are they not allowed in online play? I don't have PS plus yet and can't test ranked matches online. Banned cards are clearly marked. Just wondering if they're allowed.

from the little time i played, in ranked as one would expect they're out

in player matches you can use them if you're joining a game, when I was host I couldn't use banned cards

Fj0823

Edit: Question #2: I want to build a Sanctuary in the Sky themed deck. I guess Bakura is the only person that could offer me useful booster packs for that. Any other character that offers good light-type monsters?

Kite Tenjo, Luna and Yuzu (Pendulum Pack) come to mind

Sayah

So far, the only annoying aspect of this game is having to constantly decline when you don't want to use a trap card. Wish there was a better way they had implemented that. Like maybe assign trap card activation to a specific button.

Kite Tenjo, Luna and Yuzu (Pendulum Pack) come to mind

Awesome. Thanks. :)

So far, the only annoying aspect of this game is having to constantly decline when you don't want to use a trap card. Wish there was a better way they had implemented that. Like maybe assign trap card activation to a specific button so it activates during any phase that you're able to.
You can edit that is the Settings menu. I recommend turning it to Simple until you're an expert at the game.
Maybe put this in the OP, Fj? It seems to get mentioned a lot.

After playing with Crow's Blackwings for a bit, I'm really starting to like them. Is the Blackwing archtype viable at all?

ZeroX03

Banned
So far, the only annoying aspect of this game is having to constantly decline when you don't want to use a trap card. Wish there was a better way they had implemented that. Like maybe assign trap card activation to a specific button.

Hold down circle to skip the prompt. Or change it in settings.

Fj0823

You can edit that is the Settings menu. I recommend turning it to Simple until you're an expert at the game.

After playing with Crow's Blackwings for a bit, I'm really starting to like them. Is the Blackwing archtype viable at all?

On it.
Edit: done.

Big One

Banned
Question: I'm noticing I'm not getting more than three copies of anything once I get a playset of things. Once you get a playset of cards, do you stop pulling them from the packs? If so that's awesome.

Question: I'm noticing I'm not getting more than three copies of anything once I get a playset of things. Once you get a playset of cards, do you stop pulling them from the packs? If so that's awesome.
Nope, you keep drawing them from the packs, it just doesn't add more copies to your trunk. Lol.
As far as I know, at least.

Sayah

Hold down circle to skip the prompt. Or change it in settings.

I didn't know it could be changed in settings. Excellent!!!!

Sandfox

Blackwings aren't the best at the moment, but they're decent enough.

Made my second deck (I'll probably refine it further later, since I wouldn't call it done yet, and the same is true for my Qli deck). I really like this one, and I want to try it out against a human opponent. Unfortunately, I got kicked off the tv my PS4 is hooked up to right now, so I'll have to wait before I can play any of you with it. Likely until tomorrow

Reszo

Omg I just used a pendulum deck for the first time and it was awesomeee. Is there any reason not to have pendulum monsters in your deck?

Blackwings aren't really a tier deck back in Jan 2015. But right now during the current list they are one of the "rogue" decks of the format.

Since the banlist is based on Jan 2015. Here's the top tier decks for that banlist period [From Pojo]

Tier 1
Burning Abyss
Qliphort

Tier 2
Shaddoll
Satellarknight

Tier 3
Volcanic

Rogue
Evilswarm
Geargia
Batteryman
Mermail
Noble Knight

The tier list was based on on tournaments results (explain more in-details in the thread I linked)

Blackwings aren't really a tier deck back in Jan 2015. But right now during the current list they are one of the "rogue" decks of the format.

Since the banlist is based on Jan 2015. Here's the top tier decks for that banlist period [From Pojo]

Tier 1
Burning Abyss
Qliphort

Tier 2
Shaddoll
Satellarknight

Tier 3
Volcanic

Rogue
Evilswarm
Geargia
Batteryman
Mermail
Noble Knight

The tier list was based on on tournaments results (explain more in-details in the thread I linked)
What do they mean by Rogue? Also, worth noting that people are having a hard time finding tellarknights in the game right now for whatever reason
Also the list you gave is different from the sites. You forgot nekroz at tier 1, and Burning abyss is tier 2, with everything else one tier lower as well

Tier 1
Burning Abyss
Qliphort

Tier 2
Shaddoll
Satellarknight

Tier 3
Volcanic

Rogue
Evilswarm
Geargia
Batteryman
Mermail
Noble Knight

Batterymen are good now? =O I've always wanted to make a Battery deck, so now's my chance!

What do they mean by Rogue? Also, worth noting that people are having a hard time finding tellarknights in the game right now for whatever reason
Also the list you gave is different from the sites. You forgot nekroz at tier 1, and Burning abyss is tier 2, with everything else one tier lower as well

The list I posted was from the start of the banlist http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1209536

The link I posted in my original post was the 2nd part where it was nearing towards the of the format. Sorry about that and rogue decks mean that its deck that does well in Tournaments.

The tiers are formed under these conditions:

YCS/Continental Win = 4 points
YCS/Continental Top = 3 Points
ARGCS/CCGCS Top = 2 Points
Regional/National/ARGMS Top* = 1 Point

65% or more of the meta - Tier 0
15-65% - Tier 1
5-15% - Tier 2
1-5% - Tier 3
Less than 1% - Rogue

Which means they are good enough decks to stand up against the meta but aren't really that popular enough to move up the tiers because of how much Tier 1/2 decks dominates the tournament scene.

Batterymen are good now? =O I've always wanted to make a Battery deck, so now's my chance!

batteryman was doing well at the start of the Jan 2015. I seen a handful of batteryman decks in my locals when I used to come for Vanguard Tournaments while watching YGO tournaments after. Although they were overshadowed by other decks mid-way through the format.

It used to be considered overpowered, but I think newer archetypes overshadow them nowadays. They are getting a lot of new support in the near future though, (high speed riders pack which comes out in real life in october). I'm not confident the game will last long enough for them to come here as dlc for this game, and I have no idea how good the new support actually is

Edit: Wait sorry, they come out in dimensions of chaos in November, not high speed riders

OmegaDL50

I love Silent Swordsman Lv. 5. I need to get the rest of the Silent Swordsman cards I only have 3 and 5.

I was doing reverse duels with my Warrior Deck and Yugi kept using Swords of Revealing Light. Silent Swordsman Lv.5 just ignores the effect of SoRL and lets me attack.

He was just throwing cards away with Card Destruction and letting me just get free attacks. The heart of the cards had no effect on me.

bigkrev

Tier 1
Burning Abyss
Qliphort

Tier 2
Shaddoll
Satellarknight

Tier 3
Volcanic

Rogue
Evilswarm
Geargia
Batteryman
Mermail
Noble Knight

God, I think my favorite thing about jumping into YGO again are all of the terrible fucking names there are now. Shaddoll? Qliphort? Geargia? They all sound like crazy street drugs that are only in Russia right now or something.

It really adds to the charm/"story" of the game.

Some Nobody

Yo, who made Ushio/Trudge the truth in this game? I mean, his actual dueling is garbage but his booster pack? Karakuri, Six Samurai, and Dragon Rulers?! I keep meaning to buy from other characters but...why bother lmao?

Batteryman was doing well at the start of the Jan 2015. I seen a handful of batteryman decks in my locals when I used to come for Vanguard Tournaments while watching YGO tournaments after. Although they were overshadowed by other decks mid-way through the format.

It used to be considered overpowered, but I think newer archetypes overshadow them nowadays. They are getting a lot of new support in the near future though, (high speed riders pack which comes out in real life in october). I'm not confident the game will last long enough for them to come here as dlc for this game, and I have no idea how good the new support actually is
I'll have to give them both a shot. Thanks for the info, guys.

OmegaDL50

I do not know what the hell happen in this clip here

You attempted an attack on Tyr of Nordic Champions which is a "Nordic" Card

It has 2000 ATK - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tyr_of_the_Nordic_Champions

The opponent reacted to your attack and used the trap card of

Nordic Relic Megingjord - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Nordic_Relic_Megingjord

Target 1 "Aesir" or "Nordic" monster you control; its ATK and DEF each become double its original ATK and DEF, until the end of this turn, but it cannot attack your opponent directly this turn.

In short your 3000 ATK Red Dragon Archfiend got destroyed by a 4000 atk Tyr of Nordic Champions because of that trap effect. It couldn't attack directly, but it countered the attack you committed to.

You attempted an attack on Tyr of Nordic Champions which is a "Nordic" Card

It has 2000 ATK - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tyr_of_the_Nordic_Champions

The opponent reacted to your attack and used the trap card of

Nordic Relic Megingjord - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Nordic_Relic_Megingjord

Target 1 "Aesir" or "Nordic" monster you control; its ATK and DEF each become double its original ATK and DEF, until the end of this turn, but it cannot attack your opponent directly this turn.

In short your 3000 ATK Red Dragon Archfiend got destroyed by a 4000 atk Tyr of Nordic Champions because of that trap effect. It couldn't attack directly, but it countered the attack you committed to.

I know that, I just meant the glitch that happen when Red Dragon attack animation happen, that is all

I know that, I just meant the glitch that happen when Red Dragon attack animation happen, that is all

It seems like whenever you attack a monster with certain iconic monsters they'll do the animation (Unless the duel is ended by the attack), and this happens regardless of whether you actually win the fight. It's also triggered by the name, so for instance if you use Neos Alius's gemini effect to make it's name Elemental Hero Neos, it'll perform the Neos animation when it attacks

Sayah

@ OP

I think you should add this video explaining pendulum summons in your description. Made it a lot easier for me to understand.

TBH, this pendulum stuff seems very overpowered especially when you can have a deck consisting of a lot of pendulum monsters that you can keep summoning and re-summoning from your extra deck.

@ OP

I think you should add this video explaining pendulum summons in your description. Made it a lot easier for me to understand.

TBH, this pendulum stuff seems very overpowered especially when you can have a deck consisting of a lot of pendulum monsters that you can keep summoning and re-summoning from your extra deck.
It does seem OP at times, especially when you're just starting out, but it's not nearly as OP as it looks. It can be stopped very easily with a myriad of S/T destruction cards, or mass summoning negation/Bottomless Trap Hole.

Fj0823

@ OP

Provided I don't destroy the cards in your zones. Which is very easy to do..

I use a dedicated Pendulum Deck, it can use Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum in the same turn....and Nekroz (Rituals) still kick my ass

Provided I don't destroy the cards in your zones. Which is very easy to do..

I use a dedicated Pendulum Deck, it can use Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum in the same turn....and Nekroz (Rituals) still kick my ass
But don't Nekroz wreck literally everything though?

It does seem OP at times, especially when you're just starting out, but it's not nearly as OP as it looks. It can be stopped very easily with a myriad of S/T destruction cards, or mass summoning negation/Bottomless Trap Hole.

Plus a lot of meta decks have specific methods of dealing with special summoned monsters. And since pendulum summons are special summons, that can be an issue

HabeeNo

Anyone knows where to get Pyramid Turtle? Tryna add it to my Vampire deck for now :p

If anybody has any tips for Vampires let me know, they seem dumb OP, but I don't know the combos/supports that well yet

Top Bottom