• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Kiro

Anyone knows where to get Pyramid Turtle? Tryna add it to my Vampire deck for now :p

If anybody has any tips for Vampires let me know, they seem dumb OP, but I don't know the combos/supports that well yet

I used to play zombies back in the day irl. Ul blud is your go to synchro monster. Red eyes zombie dragon, pyramid turtles, Uhh I would Google the 2 zombie structure decks and some of the other zombie cards not in them and go from there. Hope that very basic information helps!

Edit: where do you get zombie cards in the game?

Sayah

Provided I don't destroy the cards in your zones. Which is very easy to do..

I use a dedicated Pendulum Deck, it can use Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum in the same turn....and Nekroz (Rituals) still kick my ass

Gotta put a lot of those magical space typhoons and dust tornados in there then. :p

Edit: Also, my harpy deck is a no go. I thought Harpie Lady 1, Harpie Lady 2, and Harpie Lady 3 counted as separate cards and I could have 3 of each in a deck but that doesn't seem to be the case. >_>

And I didn't know Harpie's hunting ground required you to destroy the card itself when no other magic/trap cards remained on the field. Sigh.

Anyone knows where to get Pyramid Turtle? Tryna add it to my Vampire deck for now :p

If anybody has any tips for Vampires let me know, they seem dumb OP, but I don't know the combos/supports that well yet

You'll want Mezuki, Plaguespreader (Tuner), Zombie Master, Goblin Zombie since those are staples in Zombie decks and will work on Vampire decks since they are zombies.

HabeeNo

I used to play zombies back in the day irl. Ul blud is your go to synchro monster. Red eyes zombie dragon, pyramid turtles, Uhh I would Google the 2 zombie structure decks and some of the other zombie cards not in them and go from there. Hope that very basic information helps!

Edit: where do you get zombie cards in the game?

Bastion dropped a lot of Vampires, and fighting against Camula on the GX story (she has a Vampire/Zombie deck)

According to the Docs spreadsheet, Yugi drops Skull Servant support

Miracle

I've just purchased this game and is now downloading (for some reason the download is going very slow...what's with my PS4 lately?). Questions:

1. Which packs have the card "Honest" in it.

2. Which packs have my favorite archetypes, "Morphtronics"?

Some Nobody

Gotta put a lot of those magical space typhoons and dust tornados in there then. :p

Edit: Also, my harpy deck is a no go. I thought Harpie Lady 1, Harpie Lady 2, and Harpie Lady 3 counted as separate cards and I could have 3 of each in a deck but that doesn't seem to be the case. >_>

And I didn't know Harpie's hunting ground required you to destroy the card itself when no other magic/trap cards remained on the field. Sigh.

You should check out the new Harpie support, I'm thinking. Harpie Dancer, Harpie Queen, Harpie Channeler...along with Hysteric Sign and Harpie's Pet Dragon you've got a fairly good deck on your hands. Of course, FINDING those cards might be a challenge, but still--your Harpie deck is still a possibility!

Tagyhag

Great OP! Didn't know any of those rules until know, I'll give the game a shot even though I was always a fan of the classic games.

Fj0823

Just use 3 harpie Lady 1, 2 and 3 are pretty bad. Harpies got a lot of support. So using Harpie Dancer and Harpie Channeler might get some more consistency, Pet Dragon and Sisters too. oh! And don't forget Harpie Queen!

Remeber that those cards make Harpies into a very Xyz-able deck. So look for rank 4 and 7 Xyz monster that work with winged beasts. My personal recommendation is "Ice Beast Zerophyne" "Raidraptor-Rise Falcon" "Mecha Phantom beast Dracossack" and "Number 11: Big Eye"

Man, De-Fusion never seems to work in my Cyber Dragon deck. My Fusion Monster goes back, but nothing gets summoned back from my Graveyard even though all the cards are still there. I'm guessing it has something to do with the cards not being actual Cyber Dragons, but I don't know. =/

Trying to put together an elemental hero fusion deck! Went with that because I'm a comic book fan and the monsters are cool. Pretty new to all this so any tips would be appreciated <3

Sayah

Just use 3 harpie Lady 1, 2 and 3 are pretty bad. Harpies got a lot of support. So using Harpie Dancer and Harpie Channeler might get some more consistency, Pet Dragon and Sisters too. oh! And don't forget Harpie Queen!

Remeber that those cards make Harpies into a very Xyz-able deck. So look for rank 4 and 7 Xyz monster that work with winged beasts. My personal recommendation is "Ice Beast Zerophyne" "Raidraptor-Rise Falcon" "Mecha Phantom beast Dracossack" and "Number 11: Big Eye"

You should check out the new Harpie support, I'm thinking. Harpie Dancer, Harpie Queen, Harpie Channeler...along with Hysteric Sign and Harpie's Pet Dragon you've got a fairly good deck on your hands. Of course, FINDING those cards might be a challenge, but still--your Harpie deck is still a possibility!

Amazing!

Thanks for these tips.
I've been buying Mai booster packs this entire time and do think I have some of Harpie Channeler, Harpie Queen, and Harpie Dancer. Gonna work hard on building this deck tomorrow.

And then my second attempt is on a "The Agent" deck focusing on using Sanctuary in the Sky. But the cards I want for this deck are going to be harder to come by in this game. Sample list of what I need. At least I already have a Master Hyperion from a Bakura booster pack, which I would think is the most important card for this deck.

Zalman

I might actually buy this. Been craving a good Yu-Gi-Oh game for a while. I like the idea of being able to play as characters from the show too.

Anyone know where i can find D.D cards? (D.D Survivor, Warrior, Warrior Lady, etc..)?

You can find them from the dude with the black hair in the 5Ds packs. Sorry forgot his name. was looking for them myself and eventually found them when i realised he had alot of D.D cards in his boosters.

D.D Warrior lady is the rare card in the pack so itll be quite difficult and expensive to find, so make sure you have a lot Yugi bucks.

Fj0823

I'm really pissed D.D.D's in the anime are D/D/D in the TCG, making them uncompatible with classic D.D. like warrior lady....THEY ARE EVEN IN SOME ARTWORK!!

HabeeNo

I've just purchased this game and is now downloading (for some reason the download is going very slow...what's with my PS4 lately?). Questions:

1. Which packs have the card "Honest" in it.

2. Which packs have my favorite archetypes, "Morphtronics"?

1. Bakura drops Honest

2. You can get Morphtronics by opening Leo/Luna packs, or by playing against Leo in the 5D's story (both with Sayer & Greiger, so you'll get the key guys like Radion, Boomboxen, Scopen & Celfon fast)

And good stuff for sticking with Morphtronics, they are amazing :D

Lagamorph

Hm, think I'll get this eventually but might wait for a sale.
Is it even out in the EU yet? Fancy it but don't really want to pay more than £9.99. Probably go for PS4 version.

Stuart444

@ OP

I think you should add this video explaining pendulum summons in your description. Made it a lot easier for me to understand.

TBH, this pendulum stuff seems very overpowered especially when you can have a deck consisting of a lot of pendulum monsters that you can keep summoning and re-summoning from your extra deck.

This video helped a lot, thanks!

Going to try Pendulum stuff after I've tried Synchro stuff (already tried xyz) but this video has helped my understanding of it a lot.

Hm, think I'll get this eventually but might wait for a sale.
Is it even out in the EU yet? Fancy it but don't really want to pay more than £9.99. Probably go for PS4 version.

Yes, it's £15.99 and it has a demo if you wish to try it out:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...list/cid=EP0101-CUSA01618_00-YGOLEGACYOFDUELS

Anyone online and want to help me test my new deck? I'd prefer a more experienced player, since the deck is pretty powerful (I'll keep it's exact nature a secret for now)

bumpkin

Man, Pegasus is a tool... I got wrecked over and over by his Thousand Eyes Restrict and Idol bullshit when I faced him with the story deck. Decided to switch to a User deck and used the Fusion one; kicked his face in with one try. By some odd stroke of luck, I got enough Monster and Polymerization cards to summon two Fusion type Monsters that had an effect of dealing 300 LP directly for every card on the opponent's side of the field.

Miracle

1. Bakura drops Honest

2. You can get Morphtronics by opening Leo/Luna packs, or by playing against Leo in the 5D's story (both with Sayer & Greiger, so you'll get the key guys like Radion, Boomboxen, Scopen & Celfon fast)

And good stuff for sticking with Morphtronics, they are amazing :D

Thanks a bunch! I've been racking up a lot of DP so I've been able to get most of the Morphtronics I want. I just need a couple more Scopens and 3 Celfons.

They are amazing and just a lot of fun to play with. I haven't followed Yugioh for a long while but I hope Morphtronics got more support since. :D

Fj0823

@ OP

I think you should add this video explaining pendulum summons in your description. Made it a lot easier for me to understand.

TBH, this pendulum stuff seems very overpowered especially when you can have a deck consisting of a lot of pendulum monsters that you can keep summoning and re-summoning from your extra deck.

Bumbing this.

Amazing video. Will add to OP

beanman25

Super into Battle Packs with random decks. Gives me cards I've never seen before, but lets me try them out. Super cool.

EDIT: I lost 3 matches to CPU with battle pack deck, but you get to keep those cards! Woooo!!

You can find them from the dude with the black hair in the 5Ds packs. Sorry forgot his name. was looking for them myself and eventually found them when i realised he had alot of D.D cards in his boosters.

D.D Warrior lady is the rare card in the pack so itll be quite difficult and expensive to find, so make sure you have a lot Yugi bucks.

I found it, Chazz has the D.D cards.

Zunja

I've been playing with my friends through the game making decks out of the random cards we open and there is one thing I've realized. Is there any card worse than Mirror Force? I've had so many games where the npc should have one but Mirror Force just shits on them.

I'm really pissed D.D.D's in the anime are D/D/D in the TCG, making them uncompatible with classic D.D. like warrior lady....THEY ARE EVEN IN SOME ARTWORK!!
That sounds incredibly stupid. I'd there a specific reason they did so? Are they D.D.D. in the OCG?

That sounds incredibly stupid. I'd there a specific reason they did so? Are they D.D.D. in the OCG?

It basically makes it that those two card types different, so their archtype support don't search each other out, that is why they changed their name over here, over in japan, they use their full name because in japanese or kanji its shorter, so they can put their full name on the card.

While in the US, they can't do that because their full name takes up more room on the card, so they had to shorten it so it will work, and they had to change future cards because of it

Fj0823

theyre not but in the anime theyre called D.D and D.D.D

a D/D/D trap card even features warrior lady!

My bet is that since D/D and D/D/D are the monsters and demons from the different dimension, they wanted to keep then separated from the "Heroes" of the story.

Its even more stupid when you realize the Dante's Inferno themed deck "Burning Abyss "has the demons and heroes together

I need some serious help. Having never played the physical card game and not played a video game of this since the PS2, I am really struggling trying to build a Dragon themed deck. I am trying to build it around BEWD.

Anyone got any pointers, I have got alot of Dragon based cards from Kaiba's boosters.

bumpkin

I need some serious help. Having never played the physical card game and not played a video game of this since the PS2, I am really struggling trying to build a Dragon themed deck. I am trying to build it around BEWD.

Anyone got any pointers, I have got alot of Dragon based cards from Kaiba's boosters.
Lord of D (Monster) and Flute of Summoning Dragon (Spell card) were two of the cards in the OG Kaiba starter deck IIRC. I'm sure there are plenty of newer cards that offer more ways to easily get a BEWD into your hand or on the field though.

There actually is a full Blue-Eyes archetype:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue-Eyes

Check out the three deck builds at the bottom of the page and look over the play style section.

There actually is a full Blue-Eyes archetype:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue-Eyes

Check out the three deck builds at the bottom of the page and look over the play style section.

Lord of D (Monster) and Flute of Summoning Dragon (Spell card) were two of the cards in the OG Kaiba starter deck IIRC. I'm sure there are plenty of newer cards that offer more ways to easily get a BEWD into your hand or on the field though.

I love you both! Let's see how many of these cards I have. To be honest, my biggest problem seems to be spell and trap cards, far to often I have a hand full of them and get demolished because I have no monsters on the field.

Fj0823

Get a load of this.
300px-MaidenwithEyesofBlue-SDBE-EN-SR-1E.png
300px-TheWhiteStoneofLegend-SDBE-EN-C-1E.png

EDIT: Also this

Fj0823

Dang, son! That's a Blue-Eyes summoning machine!

EDIT: Dang. Blue-Eyes got some sick support.

And an almost instant Synchro for the level 9 Azure-Eyes who revives the Blue-Eyes you used for the Synchro Summon.

EDIT: Make me :p, I just came home so I could add more cards, my mobile browser is a nightmare

'EDIT 2: And don't get me started on Red-Eyes now, they got ridiculous amounts of support last week.

bumpkin

I've gotta take a good look at my real-life deck and see what it'd take to piece it together in the game. I know by today's standards it's probably not very strong, but I'm still kind of curious.

Just found this video... Damn, the card I need to mimic my real deck is part of a DLC pack. I wonder if it's possible to grind it out and get cards from the DLC decks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaCpV2rxR3A

bigkrev

Are there any good articles or strategies about Battle Pack drafting? I'm really confused about what I should be taking early on among Spells, Traps and Monsters if they seem around the same power level

I've gotta take a good look at my real-life deck and see what it'd take to piece it together in the game. I know by today's standards it's probably not very strong, but I'm still kind of curious.

Just found this video... Damn, the card I need to mimic my real deck is part of a DLC pack. I wonder if it's possible to grind it out and get cards from the DLC decks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaCpV2rxR3A
That's the big question. I don't think we'll know for sure until someone either 100% completes the game, or it gets datamined somehow.

Top Bottom