• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

OmegaDL50

I need some serious help. Having never played the physical card game and not played a video game of this since the PS2, I am really struggling trying to build a Dragon themed deck. I am trying to build it around BEWD.

Anyone got any pointers, I have got alot of Dragon based cards from Kaiba's boosters.

I'm so glad you asked. This is a deck I used, that is centered around BEWD I found a recipe for some time ago.

I believe the name was Legacy of Blue Eyes

Monster

3x Blue Eyes White Dragon
3x Maiden with Eyes of Blue
2x The White Stone of Legend
2x Bright Star Dragon
2x Delta Flyer
2x Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
2x Honest
1x Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1x Shining Angel

Spell Cards

3x Silver's Cry
3x Trade In
2x Dragon Shrine
2x Wonder Wand
2x Forbidden Lance
1x Hieratic Seal of Convocation
1x One for One
1x Book of Moon
1x Raigeki
1x Soul Charge

Trap Cards

2x Fiendish Chain
2x Call of the Haunted
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra Deck

Xyz Monsters

1x Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand

Synchro Monsters

1x Star Eater
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
2x Azure Eyes Silver Dragon
1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Stardust Spark Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

It might be a bit complicated and take some time to get the cards for this deck, but this the kind of thing you can do with these cards.

In Hand - Dragon's Shrine, Wonder Wand, Trade-in.
On Field - Call of the Haunted

Use Dragon's Shrine to send a BEWD and White Stone to the graveyard.
Draw BEWD and Trade it to draw Maiden and Silver's Cry.
Use Silver's Cry on BEWD.
Use Call of the Haunted.
Normal Summon Maiden.
Use Wonder Wand on Maiden.
Negate it, Special Summon a BEWD from your deck and attack for 9000 DMG

There are other things you can do as well.

Anyone know if any duelist in the legacy option uses Madolche? Cathy's pack give like very low numbers for Madolche monsters, and I want to try to finish getting the rest of them

Stuart444

After getting to grips with Pendulum monsters, I kinda want to build a Pendulum themed deck. Don't think I have enough Pendulum monsters yet (Campaign wise, only just started the GX story)

Ah well, nice to have some pre-made decks to mess around with at least :D

Raoh

So far so good. Really enjoying this game.

Wish I could edit decks on my computer and sync with PS4 game.

Editing is not that great. Outside of that its my new favorite pass time. Wish I hadn't sold my actual cards, I could have tried to replicate my decks.

I had this killer zombie/graveyard and Toon deck that used to piss my son and friends off.

I'm so glad you asked. This is a deck I used, that is centered around BEWD I found a recipe for some time ago.

Holy hell! Cheers dude! Another variation ontop of the ones another poster linked me too on previous page! Much appreciated!

That man is fabulous... seriously fabulous.
Fixed that for you.

Man, there are so many new archetypes that I want to try out! As soon as I start collecting cards for one, I find a new one that I want to build. I think I'm leaning toward Madolche, Evol, and Alien at the moment. I haven't played an Alien deck since before Ammonite and the Synchro came out.

Just bought this. Haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh since I was in elementary school, but I'm really looking forward to messing around with it- I always thought the game was really fun. I hope I'm able to get up to speed and play well!

Gator86

Man, this game is confusing as shit sometimes. An enemy had one card face down card and I played Nobleman of Extermination which states "Select, destroy, and remove from play 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card. If it was a Trap Card, both players must remove from play all copies of that card from their Decks." The enemy's card was a Call of the Haunted, a trap card. I thought "great, this will destroy that card and the rest of them in his deck so I don't have to worry about them." Nope, instead the card activates fine and he summons a monster from his graveyard while my Nobleman goes impotently to the graveyard without doing anything. What the fuck?

Sandfox

Man, this game is confusing as shit sometimes. An enemy had one card face down card and I played Nobleman of Extermination which states "Select, destroy, and remove from play 1 face-down Spell or Trap Card. If it was a Trap Card, both players must remove from play all copies of that card from their Decks." The enemy's card was a Call of the Haunted, a trap card. I thought "great, this will destroy that card and the rest of them in his deck so I don't have to worry about them." Nope, instead the card activates fine and he summons a monster from his graveyard while my Nobleman goes impotently to the graveyard without doing anything. What the fuck?

His card wasn't face down anymore so your card did nothing.

Sandfox

I'm having trouble deciding which deck I want to build first.

I assumed it just mattered that the card was face down when I played Nobleman. If it allows them to just activate the card anyway, it's pretty useless.

Not necessarily. It would work on t things like Mirror Force, Bottomless Trap Hole, etc.

Which is why is better to just run cards like Mystical Space Typhoon or Dust Tornado.

RoeBear

Whenever I've tried to replay attacks nothing has happened. Is this a glitch or am I crazy. None of the monsters have effects that stop the attacks, and the card effects weren't causing it either.

So I decided to buy this game yesterday and have been playing it a lot since. I'm a big fan of the original Yugioh anime series and the cards from that era but I knew very little about the GX era and nothing about anything after that. I beat the campaign for the original series and had a blast reliving some of the duels from the series and using the character's own decks. My favourite deck was always Joey's battle city deck (Love Rocket Warrior and Panther Warrior) so getting to use it myself was a great experience. I've moved on to GX and while I have no nostalgia for it, I'm still really enjoying trying out the different types of decks your given to play with.

The stand out moments for me so far have been, of course, summoning Exodia in my first duel against Kaiba as well as the reverse in the duel against Seeker. I really lucked out in that one because he was down to 3 cards left when I finished him off. How he did not assemble Exodia, I do not know. I later tried out the reverse duel and won on my first turn lol. The most frustrating moment however was the duel between Jaden and his teacher (I can't remember his name.) The guys deck was a real pain to play against, especially when a lot of the cards you're given which have to do with monsters being sent to the graveyard are essentially dead cards for the whole game. I think I finally beat him on turn 54ish after I successfully managed to avoid his bullshit dark hole esque card and get past his card which locks out all minions of a specific type (of course he chose light which locked out half my deck.) In the end, it was a satisfying win, but the worst part is I have no interest in doing the reverse duel because I'm really uninterested in a deck based around the whole banishing concept.

I'm hoping to eventually make my way through all the campaigns and then I'll focus on crafting my own deck. Any recommendations for someone who is quite inexperienced with the game and especially the new mechanics (I haven't even tried to understand the XYZ, Synchro, Tuner and Pendulum stuff yet.) I've always liked the plant and dinosaur types the most. The dinosaur deck you get to play with in one of the GX duels was great and I'd love to make something like it.

Fj0823

So I decided to buy this game yesterday and have been playing it a lot since. I'm a big fan of the original Yugioh anime series and the cards from that era but I knew very little about the GX era and nothing about anything after that. I beat the campaign for the original series and had a blast reliving some of the duels from the series and using the character's own decks. My favourite deck was always Joey's battle city deck (Love Rocket Warrior and Panther Warrior) so getting to use it myself was a great experience. I've moved on to GX and while I have no nostalgia for it, I'm still really enjoying trying out the different types of decks your given to play with.

The stand out moments for me so far have been, of course, summoning Exodia in my first duel against Kaiba as well as the reverse in the duel against Seeker. I really lucked out in that one because he was down to 3 cards left when I finished him off. How he did not assemble Exodia, I do not know. I later tried out the reverse duel and won on my first turn lol. The most frustrating moment however was the duel between Jaden and his teacher (I can't remember his name.) The guys deck was a real pain to play against, especially when a lot of the cards you're given which have to do with monsters being sent to the graveyard are essentially dead cards for the whole game. I think I finally beat him on turn 54ish after I successfully managed to avoid his bullshit dark hole esque card and get past his card which locks out all minions of a specific type (of course he chose light which locked out half my deck.) In the end, it was a satisfying win, but the worst part is I have no interest in doing the reverse duel because I'm really uninterested in a deck based around the whole banishing concept.

I'm hoping to eventually make my way through all the campaigns and then I'll focus on crafting my own deck. Any recommendations for someone who is quite inexperienced with the game and especially the new mechanics (I haven't even tried to understand the XYZ, Synchro, Tuner and Pendulum stuff yet.) I've always liked the plant and dinosaur types the most. The dinosaur deck you get to play with in one of the GX duels was great and I'd love to make something like it.

Evols or Jurracs might be the Dinos for you my friend :)

Jurracs are cartoony Dinos with a focus on Synchro Summoning
300px-JurracAeolo-HA04-EN-SR-1E.jpg
300px-JurracGiganoto-HA02-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

Evols represent "Evolution" they start off as reptiles, evolve into dinosaurs and finally become powerful dragons. It's focus is on Special and Xyz Summoning.

if you're wondering, almost all decks I've talked about are decks friends of mine use. I´m not very well versed in the metagame, but I know lots of fun themes :)

Monster

3x Blue Eyes White Dragon
3x Maiden with Eyes of Blue
2x The White Stone of Legend
2x Bright Star Dragon
2x Delta Flyer
2x Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
2x Honest
1x Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1x Shining Angel

Spell Cards

3x Silver's Cry
3x Trade In
2x Dragon Shrine
2x Wonder Wand
2x Forbidden Lance
1x Hieratic Seal of Convocation
1x One for One
1x Book of Moon
1x Raigeki
1x Soul Charge

Trap Cards

2x Fiendish Chain
2x Call of the Haunted
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra Deck

Xyz Monsters

1x Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand

Synchro Monsters

1x Star Eater
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
2x Azure Eyes Silver Dragon
1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Stardust Spark Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

It might be a bit complicated and take some time to get the cards for this deck, but this the kind of thing you can do with these cards.

In Hand - Dragon's Shrine, Wonder Wand, Trade-in.
On Field - Call of the Haunted

Use Dragon's Shrine to send a BEWD and White Stone to the graveyard.
Draw BEWD and Trade it to draw Maiden and Silver's Cry.
Use Silver's Cry on BEWD.
Use Call of the Haunted.
Normal Summon Maiden.
Use Wonder Wand on Maiden.
Negate it, Special Summon a BEWD from your deck and attack for 9000 DMG

There are other things you can do as well.

Why dont you have First of The Dragons ?

Reszo

So Anna Kaboom is irritating, she keeps summoning monsters with 3000 atk and def even if I'm about to attack directly she somehow gets a monster with 3000 atk or def on the field.

Wichu

Probably because it needs some sort of Fusion Spell to use, which can clog up the hand if you don't have the materials.

First of the Dragons doesn't seem like it would work efficiently in a deck with only three Normal Monsters.

That said, it's a sweet card, and if the deck played more Normal Monsters (and didn't want to Special Summon said monsters from the Graveyard all the time) then I would strongly encourage playing a Dragon's Mirror or two.

OmegaDL50

PSA: Hey I'm not sure if you are aware. During Deck Editing if you highlight any card in your deck hit R1 / RB, this will bring up a list of cards that are related to the card you highlighted.

This includes cards YOU DON'T OWN.

This allows two things

For those aren't familiar with making a deck that has a common theme this allows you to match your cards accordingly and make a cohesive build of cards that work together.

It also allows you to confirm if a specific card is in the game if it's related to any card you own.

This means we have a means to check if any specific card exists in the game if it's relevant to any card you already own.

I hope this allows us to determine what the newest card is and what the latest booster this game is actually based on.

xSL4INx

Interested in potentially purchasing this, can anyone tell me if the Burning Abyss or Nekroz archetypes are in the game?

Fj, how do you rank the anime series so far?

Stopped at 5D's, so I had:

5D's > DM(w/o fillers) > GX > DM (w/fillers)
Well I've only seen a hand full of episodes of Arc-V, so I'll leave it out even though it's good so far.

5D's > The second half of DM (Battle City and on) > GX > ZeXal > The first half of DM

ArcV=5Ds>DM>Zexal>GX
You like GX LESS than ZeXal? With how much crap you give ZeXal, that sounds crazy. Lol.

HabeeNo

5D's was not good IMO. That show had way too many issues behind the scenes in addition to the plot just turning to crap.

But it gave us Jack Atlas da gawd :D

IMO the first half
(beginning until the end of Dark Signers saga)
was better than the second tho
(specially because they murdered Carly's character)

What are some staples for a warrior deck? Still trying to wrap my head around all this stuff.

Staples for warriors are:
Reinforcements of the Army
Goblindbergh
The Warrior Returning Alive
Black Luster Soldier: Envoy of the Begining
Destiny Hero - Malicious(Later on after you learn the game more)
Elemental Hero - Bubbleman(Later on after you learn the game more)
Bull Blader(For early game one till you get better cards)
Command Knight(For early game one till you get better cards)
D. D. Warrior Lady(For early game one till you get better cards)
Field-Commander Rahz(For early game one till you get better cards)

bigkrev

Playing through 5D's campaign right now

Knowing nothing about the series except for CHILDRENS CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES, the last thing I expected was for the theme to be class warfare, and for your character to be thrown in prison right at the start!

Afrocious

Not gonna lie, these posts are seriously selling me this game.

Think there's enough flexibility for a YGO tournament within GAF on this game?

Stuart444

I'm hoping to watch all the YGO series' eventually. Just cause lol. (also watching YGO Abridged and up to ep 39 as of this post).

That's what buying this game and getting so into it has done to me. Thanks GAME!

Not gonna lie, these posts are seriously selling me this game.

Think there's enough flexibility for a YGO tournament within GAF on this game?
You should jump in, it's a ton of fun. And read, we're already planning on having a fun tourney once everyone starts getting the cards they need to build their decks.

I'm hoping to watch all the YGO series' eventually. Just cause lol. (also watching YGO Abridged and up to ep 39 as of this post).

That's what buying this game and getting so into it has done to me. Thanks GAME!
I know Crunchyroll has 5D's, and I think they might have the original as well. Arc-V is on YouTube, and I've not checked for GX or ZeXal.

5D's was not good IMO. That show had way too many issues behind the scenes in addition to the plot just turning to crap.

Im 43 episodes in 5Ds and I dont see whats bad with it, Lua, Kingcrabshipping, Retributionshipping, the Dark Signer plot, Izayoi's deck, Stardust dragon are all so good. I cant think of a bad episode, while, Ive just started GX and the third episode has already felt like a drag. Juudai (KENN) and Manjoume are the only thing keeping my attention to it thus far.

I wish Zexal was more loved, and glad ARC V is high on folks lists.

Skittles

You like GX LESS than ZeXal? With how much crap you give ZeXal, that sounds crazy. Lol.
Considering you can edit nearly all the scenes with the side characters(basically anyone who isn't judai) in the last two seasons, and have barely anything lost story or entertainment wise. I can understand where he's coming from

OmegaDL50

What are some staples for a warrior deck? Still trying to wrap my head around all this stuff.

My main deck is a Warrior Deck.

It's still being revised since I don't have enough cards that I like but here is some of my prefered recommendations.

Command Knight - Adds 400 ATK to any warrior on the field and this card can't be targeted if another warrior is on the field. The 400 ATK effect stacks so having 3 of these can be an impressive force

Reinforcement of the Army - retrieve any level 4 or lower Warrior Card to your hand from your deck

The Warrior Returning Alive - return any warrior type monster from your graveyard back to your hand

Marauding Captain - when set on the field you can special summon any level 4 or lower warrior card in your hand (like Command Knight or a Tuner to instantly Synchro Summon or Xyz Summon)

Silent Swordsman Lv. 3, 5, and 7 (I don't have 7 yet) - A good first round card to have combined with Swords of Revealing Light or Monster Destruction traps like Traphole, and second round you can instantly upgrade to Silent Swordsman Level 5 which has 2300 Attack and IGNORES spell effects that target this card, Including Swords of Revealing Light.

Lightning Sword - Equip to any Warrior monster and boost their attack by 800 (Water Monsters attacked are reduced by 500)

Field-Commander Rahz - When normal summoned you can place any Warrior card level 4 or lower to the top of your deck to draw on the next turn. This is good for getting Utopia out quickly as possible

Number 39: Utopia - a powerful Xyz Warrior Card that allows you to disable an attack by using one of the Xyz materials attached to it, Also in conjunction with Command Knight, Lightning Blade, and Xyz Unit, It can turn this 2500 ATK card into a 4500 ATK monster. Also since most of the warrior cards I recommend are level 4, you can get him out rather quickly.

I'll post my full deck shortly...give me a few minutes to compile it.

Sandfox

But it gave us Jack Atlas da gawd :D

IMO the first half
(beginning until the end of Dark Signers saga)
was better than the second tho
(specially because they murdered Carly's character)
That is actually a direct product of
Carly's VA being involved in a dangerous cult which caused a ton of plot changes and her being fired.
Im 43 episodes in 5Ds and I dont see whats bad with it, Lua, Kingcrabshipping, Retributionshipping, the Dark Signer plot, Izayoi's deck, Stardust dragon are all so good. I cant think of a bad episode, while, Ive just started GX and the third episode has already felt like a drag. Juudai (KENN) and Manjoume are the only thing keeping my attention to it thus far.

I wish Zexal was more loved, and glad ARC V is high on folks lists.
You haven't reached the part where the issues started yet.

Right now arc-v has no official subbed version, and I've heard bad things about the dub (plus the dub opening is excrutiatingly painful) so if you want to watch it you pretty much need to watch fansubs

Top Bottom