• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

McBryBry

So, I've got a starter Dragon deck going from buying a bunch of Kaiba packs. Which is good, except....

My friend's beat down deck is whooping my ass. My issue is, I don't have enough cards like Mirror Force or Magic Cylinder to reverse him, nor do I have enough Typhoon and Tornadoes to rid his mass amount of MC and 32ND.

So, I've got a starter Dragon deck going from buying a bunch of Kaiba packs. Which is good, except....

My friend's beat down deck is whooping my ass. My issue is, I don't have enough cards like Mirror Force or Magic Cylinder to reverse him, nor do I have enough Typhoon and Tornadoes to rid his mass amount of MC and 32ND.

Tip: Most of the cards in the original series booster packs are complete trash

RE_Player

Been sick so haven't been able to play as much as I would have wanted too. Made a solid VWXYZ deck that has made the single player and online matches a breeze in some cases. Anytime I get this bad boy out I'm in a good position to win.

cAZyvol.png

Been sick so haven't been able to play as much as I would have wanted too. Made a solid VWXYZ deck that has made the single player and online matches a breeze in some cases. Anytime I get this bad boy out I'm in a good position to win.

cAZyvol.png

Did they make those get updated with XYZ Synchro etc. I just saw the GX episode when Manojume and Juudai are playing that deck, would be fun to play in this game.

Does anyone know where to find the Machina monsters, specifically Gearframe and Fortress? And Machine Duplication Factory? I'm guessing they can be found in duels, but I'm not sure which ones.

This goes up to The Secret Forces, right? Too bad the Synchron Extreme stuff won't be in, unless it'll be dlc.

Hoping to get this game soon and build my IRL synchro deck on it. I may get wrecked by meta decks but it's still fun as hell to run.

Been busy with work, have to catch up with my grind to complete my J&D deck. What date will the GAF Tourny be? I'll try and see if I can finish the deck by then

i did my first ranked match. dude summoned oblisk the tormenter. dude is cheap as fuck man, NO MAGICS, NO TRAPS, AND NO SPECIAL EFFECTS WORK ON HIM!? son like wtf, only way to beat that is to attack it with a card with 4k or more. dude shitted on me man :(

edit: where do i get that level 1 mirror card(the one that copies the attack and def of an opponent monster)? bout to add those to my deck to counter shit like that if it happens again. how obelisk is fair game but not Black Luster Soldier Envoy the Beginning isn't is beyond me.

i did my first ranked match. dude summoned oblisk the tormenter. dude is cheap as fuck man, NO MAGICS, NO TRAPS, AND NO SPECIAL EFFECTS WORK ON HIM!? son like wtf, only way to beat that is to attack it with a card with 4k or more. dude shitted on me man :(

edit: where do i get that level 1 mirror card(the one that copies the attack and def of an opponent monster)? bout to add those to my deck to counter shit like that if it happens again. how obelisk is fair game but not Black Luster Soldier Envoy the Beginning isn't is beyond me.

Save your Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute or anything that doesn't "Target" a monster and use them when Obelisk attacks/hits the field.
Obelisk only avoids any Effect, Spells or Traps that "targets" him. If you play a lot of light monster, bring some Honest and wait for the right moment to drop Honest and see Obelisk suicides.

Sandfox

Envoy of the Beginning is perfectly fine.

Reszo

Get Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon from joey pack for sure, how well do your cards work together? Their effects and your trap and magic cards should technically be working together to keep your monsters on the field, counter opponents effects, and destroy your opponents cards.

One of my favorite plays is to get Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon on the field along with Queen Dragun Djinn (Prevents dragons from being destroyed by battle) equipped with Dragon Shield (Prevents equipped dragon from being destroyed by battle and card effects) & United we Stand. Empty out the opponents magic card field with Tiger Dragon or Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis.

Mirage Dragon is also good to have on the field with Queen Dragun because he prevents traps from being activated during the battle phase.

My Hieratic Dragons help get dragons on the field for XYZ and Syncro summoning usually during MP2. And Red Eyes helps gets my level 5 and higher Dragons on the field (from my hand or graveyard) to XYZ summon Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis or another strong XYZ.

I also use Montage Dragon for a little brute force or when I'm in a tight situation. I also have some Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon action in my deck.

Do you have a recommended build for a good one?

One of my friend irl has to kind of build with his Exodia, I think he found this built online and been using it since in our locals.

Monster: 10
1 exodia the forbidden one
1 left arm of the forbidden one
1 right arm of the forbidden one
1 left leg of the forbidden one
1 right leg of the forbidden one
2 summoner monk
3 royal magical library

Pendulum: 4
1 dragonknight luster pendulum
3 magical abductor

Magic: 26
3 upstart goblin
2 terraforming
2 cursed bamboo sword
3 golden bamboo sword
1 one day of peace
1 hand destruction
3 chicken race
3 pseudo space
3 into the void
1 dark factory of mass production
3 toon table of contents
1 toon world

Krixeus

One of my friend irl has to kind of build with his Exodia, I think he found this built online and been using it since in our locals.

Monster: 10
1 exodia the forbidden one
1 left arm of the forbidden one
1 right arm of the forbidden one
1 left leg of the forbidden one
1 right leg of the forbidden one
2 summoner monk
3 royal magical library

Pendulum: 4
1 dragonknight luster pendulum
3 magical abductor

Magic: 26
3 upstart goblin
2 terraforming
2 cursed bamboo sword
3 golden bamboo sword
1 one day of peace
1 hand destruction
3 chicken race
3 pseudo space
3 into the void
1 dark factory of mass production
3 toon table of contents
1 toon world

Awesome thanks! I'll try to start collecting those cards and testing out the build right away!

Awesome thanks! I'll try to start collecting those cards and testing out the build right away!
Remember though, you aren't bound by the forbidden and limited list if you're playing against the AI. In that case, max out Pot of Greed and Graceful Charity at the minimum.

McBryBry

Get Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon from joey pack for sure, how well do your cards work together? Their effects and your trap and magic cards should technically be working together to keep your monsters on the field, counter opponents effects, and destroy your opponents cards.

One of my favorite plays is to get Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon on the field along with Queen Dragun Djinn (Prevents dragons from being destroyed by battle) equipped with Dragon Shield (Prevents equipped dragon from being destroyed by battle and card effects) & United we Stand. Empty out the opponents magic card field with Tiger Dragon or Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis.

Mirage Dragon is also good to have on the field with Queen Dragun because he prevents traps from being activated during the battle phase.

My Hieratic Dragons help get dragons on the field for XYZ and Syncro summoning usually during MP2. And Red Eyes helps gets my level 5 and higher Dragons on the field (from my hand or graveyard) to XYZ summon Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis or another strong XYZ.

I also use Montage Dragon for a little brute force or when I'm in a tight situation. I also have some Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon action in my deck.

Mine is WAY more basic than that lol. It mostly focuses on getting my high power dragons out as fast as possible, particularly the 3 Blue Eyes. I've got multiple cards that are used to get them onto the field via jand, deck and graveyard, as well as Azure Eyes and Tyrant Dragon (One of my favorites from back in the day) as the usual backup. Then there's counters to attacks, traps and spells thrown in, and I try to get a Golem Dragon with Dragon Shield of I need some defense.

Monsters:
Blue Eyes x3
Divine Dragon Ragnarok
Flamvell Guard x2
The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave
Ancient Dragon
Blue Dragon Summoner
Golem Dragon x3
Kaibaman
Kaiser Sea Horse x3
Lord of D.
Maiden With Eyes of Blue
Prime Material Dragon
The White Stone of Legend
Totem Dragon
Twin Barrel Dragon
Tyrant Dragon
Vanguard of the Dragon

Spells:
Ancient Rules
Black Pendant
Dragon Shield x2
Dragon's Mirror x2
Foolish Burial
Mystical Space Typhoon
Raigeki
Silver's Cry
Supply Squad
Swords of Revealing Light x2

Traps:
Call of the Haunted
Dust Tornado x2
Jar of Greed
Magic Cylinder
Mirror Force x2
Raigeki Break
Spellbinding Circle

Extra:
Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon
First of the Dragons
King Dragun
Azure Eyes Silver Dragon (Synchro)
Thunder End Dragon (XYZ)

I think my issue is that I want a lot of variety but I can usually get a win out of quick Blue Eyes summoning.

Edit: for what packs I have, all of the original, up to Jesse in GX, and Trudge in 5D's.

So I've been looking into creating a plant deck but all of the plant cards I have are honestly quite trash (why is Trent even a card.) Are there any good plant archetypes in this game? I've been looking it up and came across Sylvans but I'm not sure if they're in the game because I haven't come across any yet.

If anyone is interested, here is a deck profile youtube video of my Madolche deck, showing it off and talking about it and such: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVpEcMqQAc

And here is a video showing a couple ranked matches, showing how the deck plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeZg7nzEuSs

Thanks for this! Madolche's look quite fun, I might try and pull a deck together later :)

Exodia deck list

Do we know if all these cards are available in the game? The pendulum monsters and chicken race in particular I haven't found yet :(

Been playing around with a Blue Eyes Exodia deck to clear through the campaign and having decent luck even though I haven't collected the bamboo cards yet, lol. Getting there!

Sandfox

So I've been looking into creating a plant deck but all of the plant cards I have are honestly quite trash (why is Trent even a card.) Are there any good plant archetypes in this game? I've been looking it up and came across Sylvans but I'm not sure if they're in the game because I haven't come across any yet.

Sylvans are in the Pendulum pack.

Kouriozan

Do we know if all these cards are available in the game? The pendulum monsters and chicken race in particular I haven't found yet :(
A quick research tells me that the latest cards this game has was released in February and chicken race/game is pretty new.
That's why I'm waiting on DLC before buying this game.

Remember though, you aren't bound by the forbidden and limited list if you're playing against the AI. In that case, max out Pot of Greed and Graceful Charity at the minimum.

yeah!

I also use cards that search for the pieces, sangan & witch of the black forest

and emissary of the afterlife

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Tried out the demo and really enjoyed it. Tempted to pick up the game now. Is there a good amount of SP content in the game or is it multiplayer focused? Any of the DLC worth picking up?

Stuart444

Tried out the demo and really enjoyed it. Tempted to pick up the game now. Is there a good amount of SP content in the game or is it multiplayer focused? Any of the DLC worth picking up?

There is a lot of SP content with the campaign mode taking you through Dual Monsters to Zexal (and ARC-V which is just one dual, a tutorial for Pendulum summons).

DLC is worth it if you want 2 more campaign duals for each story. Also some more premade decks I believe.

Kouriozan

Couldn't wait and bought it, now to pray I won't get too much ragequit online, just at least to get those trophies.

There is a lot of SP content with the campaign mode taking you through Dual Monsters to Zexal (and ARC-V which is just one dual, a tutorial for Pendulum summons).

DLC is worth it if you want 2 more campaign duals for each story. Also some more premade decks I believe.
I'll add that ARC-V will get an actual campaign down the line as DLC as per the official website :

featuring the storylines, characters, and Decks in a brand new Story Campaign. Duelists will also Duel against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, with even more Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Duels to be added later as downloadable content.
Which probably means new cards too, yay :)

Stuart444

Couldn't wait and bought it, now to pray I won't get too much ragequit online, just at least to get those trophies.

I'll add that ARC-V will get an actual campaign down the line as DLC as per the official website :

Which probably means new cards too, yay :)

oooh, yay :D was hoping for an actual campaign eventually. Seemed like a waste just having a non-story tutorial battle in the ARC-V campaign section.

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and set the date for the tournament for this Saturday, the 15th. It will probably still be going on throughout the week as people find times to duel against their opponents, but Saturday will be our starting date.

This is going to be a standard Double Elimination tournament. The duels will be matches (Best two out of three), with side modification allowed between duels.

I'll need everybody who wants to participate to PM me and give me their PSN ID by Friday. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have enough players on the Xbox One to have a full tournament for them. However, if enough Xbox players pop up, I might go ahead and start a tournament for them as well.

EDIT: The following meta decks and archetypes are banned from this tournament:

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"

Anyone get Hyozanryu, yet? That was like my favorite card when I was little and I wanted to build a deck around it. Already checked the card list, it wasn't on there.

Sandfox

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and set the date for the tournament for this Saturday, the 15th. It will probably still be going on throughout the week as people find times to duel against their opponents, but Saturday will be our starting date.

This is going to be a standard Double Elimination tournament. The duels will be matches (Best two out of three), with side modification allowed between duels.

I'll need everybody who wants to participate to PM me and give me their PSN ID by Friday. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have enough players on the Xbox One to have a full tournament for them. However, if enough Xbox players pop up, I might go ahead and start a tournament for them as well.

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"
January 2015 banlist or the current one?

Sayah

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"

Thank goodness those decks are banned. :lol
I don't have any experience against Burning Abyss, TellarKnight, or Qliphort but having played against Nekroz and Shadoll, they are very powerful.

It's a constant parade of targeting monsters in the deck/graveyard.

Thank you for setting up the tourney.

Top Bottom