• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

I guess I should start working on my side deck now.
I've never created nor used a side deck before, so I don't even know where to begin. Lol.

EDIT: Posting for the new page.

SkullHydra said:
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and set the date for the tournament for this Saturday, the 15th. It will probably still be going on throughout the week as people find times to duel against their opponents, but Saturday will be our starting date.

This is going to be a standard Double Elimination tournament. The duels will be matches (Best two out of three), with side modification allowed between duels.

I'll need everybody who wants to participate to PM me and give me their PSN ID by Friday. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have enough players on the Xbox One to have a full tournament for them. However, if enough Xbox players pop up, I might go ahead and start a tournament for them as well.

EDIT: The following meta decks and archetypes are banned from this tournament:

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"

Sayah

I need to start building my deck now. I try to keep it at 50 cards but it's so hard to do. I don't even have space in the extra deck. So many cards I want to add in there as well.

I need to start building my deck now. I try to keep it at 50 cards but it's so hard to do. I don't even have space in the extra deck. So many cards I want to add in there as well.
You should probably try and cut the deck down as close to 40 cards as possible. The fewer cards you have in your deck, the better chance you have of drawing what you need.

Kouriozan

Yay, got all my online trophies.
Nobody rage-quitted in my 5/6 duels (yep, ranked is hard), but two of them surrendered and that's how I got my trophies :lol
Heh, winning with starter decks is hard :p

Kouriozan

By the way, either I was lucky dueling some nice guys/girls or the community is somewhat great.
I had a duel where I struggled until the end, with no cards in hand for the last few turns, but I believed in the heart of the cards and could fight back real good, my opponent tried to give me some advantage by skipping a battle phase, our duel lasted like 25 turns but I ended up losing anyway.

I'm glad I could at least experience this once, but now I have to complete the campaign and build a real deck.

Sayah

Did Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier just get completely banned in this game?
From what I could remember, you could have one of them in your extra deck but not any longer it seems.
You should probably try and cut the deck down as close to 40 cards as possible. The fewer cards you have in your deck, the better chance you have of drawing what you need.

Yeah, I'm gonna try that.

By the way, either I was lucky dueling some nice guys/girls or the community is somewhat great.
I had a duel where I struggled until the end, with no cards in hand for the last few turns, but I believed in the heart of the cards and could fight back real good, my opponent tried to give me some advantage by skipping a battle phase, our duel lasted like 25 turns but I ended up losing anyway.

I'm glad I could at least experience this once, but now I have to complete the campaign and build a real deck.
There are nice people but I've come across rage quitters too.

Sayah

Though I don't have much experience against pendulum decks, I would recommend using Dimensional Fissure, Dimension Slice, and Bottomless Trap Hole since all of these cards banish monsters instead of sending them to the graveyard or extra deck. These cards also very effective against a shadoll deck.

Kouriozan

There are nice people but I've come across rage quitters too.
I see, I was really lucky then.

Ah, it has been so long since my last YGO game (the very last DS one) and feeling excited playing it now, I'm also watching ARC-V (episode 29 atm) in Japanese with subs, it's also very good so far.
Hoping the ARC-V DLC won't take long to come out :)

Did anyone ever find Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beg. & Dark Armed? If not, I might have to dig deep and buy the DLC to put my Junk & Debris closer to completion

I've never built a deck before. Any deck building basics I should know?

Start with an archetype (They're cards with a shared term in the name). Another tip is that when you're building the deck, you can press R1 (if it's in the deck), or L1 (if it's in the trunk) in order to view a list of related cards. At the top will be cards related to the archetype, and as you go down you'll get cards that are more tangentially related (For instance, if I were to do this with "Wulf, Lightsworn Beast" I'd see lightsworn cards on top, followed by stuff like equip magic cards that can only be used on light monsters, and stuff like that

I've never built a deck before. Any deck building basics I should know?

Try building by archetype to make the deck more consistent.

Here are the Archetype list:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archetypes
Look up some of your favorite, the wiki provides good insight how the build runs, the deck strengths and weakness and a skeleton/must have cards for the deck.

https://dbtoolkit.com/
A good way to see how consistent your deck is by doing sample hand. .

ZangBa

Try building by archetype to make the deck more consistent.

Here are the Archetype list:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archetypes
Look up some of your favorite, the wiki provides good insight how the build runs, the deck strengths and weakness and a skeleton/must have cards for the deck.

https://dbtoolkit.com/
A good way to see how consistent your deck is by doing sample hand. .

I like how out of the 400 or so archetypes listed, the one I'm interested in is behind a paywall. I'm always getting fucked with in this game.

Still really fun playing this, but there a few things I want to change with rank, beside a punishment system for rage quits, I want a way to know when both players are "Ready to play" so, I don't have to wait 5 minutes to see if they want to play, and also the choice to play a match in ranked, so if I want to side deck in a match, I can, there are some matches that you just did not a good hand and lose because of it, but at least Match mode would make it so you still have a chance to win.

I like how out of the 400 or so archetypes listed, the one I'm interested in is behind a paywall. I'm always getting fucked with in this game.

I mean, on the one hand the DLC is $5, which is really a lot for what they give you compared to what's in the main game. But on the other hand, trying to get the dlc cards in real life would probably cost you way more than $5. Hell, it'd likely cost you much more than the $20 entry fee

ZangBa

I mean, on the one hand the DLC is $5, which is really a lot for what they give you compared to what's in the main game. But on the other hand, trying to get the dlc cards in real life would probably cost you way more than $5. Hell, it'd likely cost you much more than the $20 entry fee

I'm just not a fan of this type of business practice and refuse to support it. I don't think any cards should be behind a paywall day 1. If they wanted to charge for story content with structure decks making it easier to get some of the better cards, I'm all for it, but otherwise they can screw off. I know it's only $20 but it's not so much effort was put into this, it basically reused most of its assets from the last 2 games. I've played F2P games that don't lock gameplay content behind a paywall.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm just not a fan of this type of business practice and refuse to support it. I don't think any cards should be behind a paywall day 1. If they wanted to charge for story content with structure decks making it easier to get some of the better cards, I'm all for it, but otherwise they can screw off. I know it's only $20 but it's not so much effort was put into this, it basically reused most of its assets from the last 2 games. I've played F2P games that don't lock gameplay content behind a paywall.

This is what TCGs do. Real life, Video Game, etc. It is a shitty practice, but the only way to show them is not to buy it.

just got this for the XB1, game is selling pretty well with it being number 2 on the top selling games behind Rare Replay

hit me if anyone has it GT: dark silver89

Heroes are so fun though it makes me sad seeing Stratos banned :(

Sayah

Did Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier just get completely banned in this game?
From what I could remember, you could have one of them in your extra deck but not any longer it seems.

DId anyone else check up on this?

Trishula was allowed before from what I can recall and is now banned.

Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

Is this game following a different ban list now?

Well I broke down and bought the DLC decks. I just wanted to have all of the cards available to me. ( ._.)

I'm really hoping new DLC for the Arc-V plot and new boosters comes soon.

Sweep14

Is there a bug in the ARC-V single player campaign on PS4 ?
I completed the tutorial successfully but I'm stuck there : The other events of this campaign don't unlock and in the menu it says that it's 100% completed !

Is it required to completely finish the other campaigns before ?

Kouriozan

I completed the tutorial successfully but I'm stuck there : The other events of this campaign don't unlock and in the menu it says that it's 100% completed !

It's totally normal. The rest will come up as a DLC.

It's totally normal. The rest will come up as a DLC.
Yeah, the Arc-V Campaign hasn't been released yet, other than having that tutorial for Pendulum summoning.

Top Bottom