• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Posting this for the new page.

SkullHydra said:
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and set the date for the tournament for this Saturday, the 15th. It will probably still be going on throughout the week as people find times to duel against their opponents, but Saturday will be our starting date.

This is going to be a standard Double Elimination tournament. The duels will be matches (Best two out of three), with side modification allowed between duels.

I'll need everybody who wants to participate to PM me and give me their PSN ID by Friday. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have enough players on the Xbox One to have a full tournament for them. However, if enough Xbox players pop up, I might go ahead and start a tournament for them as well.

EDIT: The following meta decks and archetypes are banned from this tournament:

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"

Stuart444

Not sure how but I won this:

CMKghzXWEAApOvW.jpg:orig

I was using the basic XYZ deck.

His Cyber deck is pretty powerful and destroyed several of my monsters including one XYZ one. Near the end, I had taken care of most of his strats (since most of the cards he needed for them were in the graveyard) but well, yeah I didn't have much LP left.

Thankfully I was able to get two level 4 cards out so I could summon another XYZ card and quickly finished off his remaining LP.

Proof that believing in the heart of the cards is the best thing you can do when you think you are about to lose :p.

Kouriozan

Proof that believing in the heart of the cards is the best thing you can do when you think you are about to lose :p.
One of the best feeling playing the game.
You fight until the very end even knowing there is so little chances of winning and then BAM, you do THE draw that'll save you.
After watching ARC-V, I'm so tempted to do Yuya's "Ladies and Gentlemen!" show. Aaaah, can't wait for ARC-V DLC.

One of the best feeling playing the game.
You fight until the very end even knowing there is so little chances of winning and then BAM, you do THE draw that'll save you.
After watching ARC-V, I'm so tempted to do Yuya's "Ladies and Gentlemen!" show. Aaaah, can't wait for ARC-V DLC.

Yeah. Though usually for me miracle draws only occur when I already have other cards in my hand to work with, or when I get a search card or draw support. It's really hard to do anything in a situation without cards on the field and a really empty hand. There are even times I decide to take a direct attack even though I could play a monster from my hand, since it could potentially help me win down the line, but it's not useful if I just put it out to get killed so I can stall.

Do I still keep the cards I just bought? Any word on a patch?
Basically, if you don't go to an area where the game saves (Deck edit, a duel, etc.) it 'forgets' that you bought the packs. You don't get what you opened, and your money isn't gone. People have been using that if they spend 10-40k DP without getting the cards they need.

Fj0823

i want a xyz deck but apparently using level limit to support my deck isn't a good idea. give me tips ppl, i want to win ranked matches.

Build Xyz focused archetypes like Galaxy-Eyes, GaGaGa, Gimmick Puppet or Constellar.

Also -TellarKnight if you want to be OP.

GG. It looked like you were struggling to draw a monster you could play. If that happens a lot, think about restructuring your deck to have more level 4 or lower monsters

Afrocious

I wont be able to participate in the tournament since I have volunteer duties, but could someone recommend a deck archtype to start with? I want to start making decks in this game but don't know where to start.

i want a xyz deck but apparently using level limit to support my deck isn't a good idea. give me tips ppl, i want to win ranked matches.

You can use cards that allow you to set you easy XYZ plays, like Goblinberg, Tin Goldfish, or other cards that allow you to special summon another monster.

Also, Level Limit is will not be good again, unless they get rid of XYZ monsters, it is better not to use it in your deck. Like other people said, use Messager of Peace, or other cards that effect all cards, not certain cards.

Hmm... I like dragons? I think the cyber dragons look cool but I don't know how well they play or what they even do.

Cyber dragons can work, there are a ton of dragon support in this game.

But, some of the best dragon archtype deck use the dragon rulers to set up good plays with them. Try to add some of those cards in your deck too

GG. I was honestly pretty worried when you pulled tachyon dragon that first match, but got some good draws for dealing with it. Kind of surprised you never drew your galaxy eyes. That must have stunk

GG. I was honestly pretty worried when you pulled tachyon dragon that first match, but got some good draws for dealing with it. Kind of surprised you never drew your galaxy eyes. That must have stunk
Lol, I thought I had you with Tachyon, and yeah, Galaxy Eyes was awol because he likes to disappoint me.

Afrocious

Cyber dragons can work, there are a ton of dragon support in this game.

But, some of the best dragon archtype deck use the dragon rulers to set up good plays with them. Try to add some of those cards in your deck too

Thanks!

I guess I'll start by looking at what sort of cards a Cyberdragon deck has. Then I'll figure out who I have to beat to give me those cards. That's how the game works, right?

GG. I feel bad, since I kept getting great hands and you seemed to not be able to get anything going in these matches. It was a good idea using spell cards as dummies to distract me. I thought that was probably the case, but I still destroyed them just in case

GG. I feel bad, since I kept getting great hands and you seemed to not be able to get anything going in these matches. It was a good idea using spell cards as dummies to distract me. I thought that was probably the case, but I still destroyed them just in case
I think my deck hates me, my draws are usually fine in singleplayer, but now it's crappin out on me. Lol.

macklelol

Anyone want to duel? Facing against randoms in ranked duels is kinda amusing. Dueled someone who refused to attack me all game, despite have some strong cards on the field. So strange.

Stuart444

So just did the fight against Marcel in the GX campaign, that match is evil. Seriously.

Marcel: Try to attack? Here is a monster effect that allows me to summon a monster that ends your battle phase.

Oh and don't forget the trap cards that act as monster cards that I have tons of.

Oh and of course the monster that gets loads of attack points for every trap/spell (both or one, I forget which) in my graveyard.

And let's not forget the card that prevents you from attacking if you have over 1500 attack points and the card that hurts you every time a monster gets sent to the grave yard.

Won on my 3rd go somehow (900LP left) at least but damn. Computer always has the cards they need it seems like. :/

Recall

Also in the campaigns, is it better to use the player's deck or your custom one?

Personally a custom one was best. I had answers for pretty much everything and having a monster on turn 1 at 2700 atk everytime with a mirror force as a trap seemed to always be enough. The story decks can be quite situational or luck based that you draw what you need.

Stuart444

Also in the campaigns, is it better to use the player's deck or your custom one?

I do both, I usually try first and if I fail (though I sometimes try multiple times before I decided "screw it" like I did against a certain exodia user in the YGO campaign) use a user deck. I've been sticking with the pre-made basic ones so far though (there is a basic normal, basic fusion, basic synchro, basic xyz and basic pendulums you can use from the start).

Might look through the decks that you get with the DLC though and try them out sometime.

(I don't want to make my own until I have unlocked all deck packs for grinding for cards aka complete the campaign first lol)

macklelol

GG! Fared a bit better this time around, but there's still some glaring consistency problems with my deck. Not sure how I'm gonna deal with that, though. But it all boils down to why do I keep drawing my one copy of Worm King god damnit.

Thanks!

I guess I'll start by looking at what sort of cards a Cyberdragon deck has. Then I'll figure out who I have to beat to give me those cards. That's how the game works, right?
Cyber Dragon decks are usually focused on either getting out Cyber Twin Dragon through Power Bond which doubles it's attack to 5600. Attacking twice with 5600atk even over a monster or two can usually end the game immediately. There's also a style you can go for of Rank 5 XYZ plays along with Cyber Dragon Nova. I personally enjoy the OTK Cyber Twin Build more, summoning Nova when necessary.

You need to open Syrus Truesdale booster packs and duel Zane Truesdale to get the Cyber Dragon cards.

Okay, does anyone actually have a copy of Chronomaly Golden Jet? I've bought tons of Quenton's packs, and reverse dueled against the Yusei deck that used Chronomalies. Am I overlooking the right Duelist Challenge? Do I just have the worst luck at packs? I need it to recreate my favorite deck... =/

EDIT: Apparently I have the worst luck. I just found one in a Quinton pack. /]_-

Top Bottom