• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Recall

Where can I find deck ideas with annotations on how they function? I really want to make a six samurai deck but no idea where to start

Podge293

anyone know if you can pull cards off the table once they have been played?

ran into two issues while messing around

first the "campaign" when playing kaiba... had the 5 pieces of exodia, i played a defensive card before so as i wouldn't lose couldn't remove him without 4 of my exodia's being obliterated

secondly, is there a glitch with a certain magic card that binds the opponents card into one position (forgot the name of it)... like i played said card, bound it to attack but the opponent tributed him... should the magic card have been destroyed or is it a case of tough tits?

anyone know if you can pull cards off the table once they have been played?

Nope, not unless it's by a card effect.

secondly, is there a glitch with a certain magic card that binds the opponents card into one position (forgot the name of it)... like i played said card, bound it to attack but the opponent tributed him... should the magic card have been destroyed or is it a case of tough tits?

It's probably a similar card to Call of the Haunted. It's working as it's meant to - I might be wrong here but I think it's because the card specifies that CotH only gets destroyed if the creature it's attached to gets destroyed. Tributing doesn't count as a 'destroy' effect, and therefore it stays on the field. I'm sure someone who knows better than I do can confirm/correct that :p

Podge293

Nope, not unless it's by a card effect.

It's probably a similar card to Call of the Haunted. It's working as it's meant to - I might be wrong here but I think it's because the card specifies that CotH only gets destroyed if the creature it's attached to gets destroyed. Tributing doesn't count as a 'destroy' effect, and therefore it stays on the field. I'm sure someone who knows better than I do can confirm/correct that :p

sugar nuggets on both cases, ah well i'm having fun nonetheless

Phoenixus

Getting annoyed at a couple of the trophies, namely the 'perform a tribute summon' and 'perform a fusion summon'. I do a shitload of both but haven't got the trophies yet. Are there specific campaign duels for them? :/

Where can I find deck ideas with annotations on how they function? I really want to make a six samurai deck but no idea where to start

For the more straight forward archetypes, i.e. six samurai, I would say just do the Tetsu Trudge challenge, modify his six sam recipe and play with the deck till you're familiar with how it works. If you really need a deck template, you can look up archetypes at the yugioh wiki:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Six_Samurai

Side note:
I love and main a six samurai deck myself, but it's honestly not an advisable ranked match deck. Especially since Gateway is banned and the Shien is limited to one. It's not competitive enough against the popular Shadoll, burning abyss decks, although it's manageable against Nerkoz.

For a broken Six Same Deck for single player, run 2-3 gateway of six sam + double/triple shien.

Getting annoyed at a couple of the trophies, namely the 'perform a tribute summon' and 'perform a fusion summon'. I do a shitload of both but haven't got the trophies yet. Are there specific campaign duels for them? :/

Should have unlocked the moment you do them in any non-tutorial duel. Even if you're using your own deck.

I love how accessible this game has made it to unlock cards I want. I was afraid going into this it would be a DLC, buy the best cards fest, but that's completely not the case. Also the fact that if you keep battling someone whose deck you want to use, your card rewards are always cards you need for the deck you don't have yet, and not duplicates. That was a great touch to help alleviate grinding, at least for those decks.

Playing bits at a time so still working my way through the GX campaign but I've already felt I've gotten my money's worth.

Hmm, that's weird. I'll try deleting and redownloading the game. Digital saves aren't tied to PS4 games like Vita titles right?

Yeah, they're saved on your HDD and the cloud (assuming you have Plus and there's still room.)

I would say rebuild the database before you try deleting the game though.

Phoenixus

Yeah, they're saved on your HDD and the cloud (assuming you have Plus and there's still room.)

I would say rebuild the database before you try deleting the game though.

Rebuilding the database? Is that something to do with the trophy list? Hardly ever used my PS4 before now so I'm still learning about it. :p

Edit: looked it up, I'll give it a go. Ta!

Basically, if you don't go to an area where the game saves (Deck edit, a duel, etc.) it 'forgets' that you bought the packs. You don't get what you opened, and your money isn't gone. People have been using that if they spend 10-40k DP without getting the cards they need.

Well I know so little about the cards that I really dont care what I get at this point. I'm buying to be buying and then using story decks.

Sayah

Like some other people, i stopped caring about yugioh when the vanilla series ended and they added stuff like xyz and synchro summons. At the time I thought they were overcomplicating the series just to sell new cards. Which is true actually. Konami wants to make money.

But now that I'm playing more and more with xyz and synchro summons in my deck, I'm enjoying the game a lot more.

Though, I'm still not a fan of pendulum summons. As if there already wasn't a lot of reading to do, they add cards with two separate effects. And I'm not a fan of the new decks that focus on a constant parade of targeting graveyard/deck. Opponent turns can become so long.

Boogiepop

Just out of curiosity, is Injection Fairy Lily considered at all usable nowadays? Used to love that card. And how are warriors? I remember when they started to become like the first halfway decent archetype back when...

Recall

Just out of curiosity, is Injection Fairy Lily considered at all usable nowadays? Used to love that card. And how are warriors? I remember when they started to become like the first halfway decent archetype back when...

I'm running a warriors/Amazoness/equip deck of my own creation and it's pretty awesome. As almost all of the monsters are level 4 it makes it super easy to add in the XYZ summons too.

I'm really new to it all but I've picked up Ranked wins with warriors so it must have potential.

Fj0823

Nope. 2000 LP for a 3000 ATK is waaaay too pricey IMO, much more in a game that can negate the effect easily (And costs are never refunded)
Just use Honest (for LIGHTs) or a monster that can increase it's ATK for less costs.

Is the ranked matchmaking in this game good? Does it actually try to pair you with someone of a similar rank, or is your ranking just a number for leaderboards?

Also, in kind of shocked that so few people have PM'd me about joining the tournament. It looked like a lot of people were wanting to do it, but I've only had five people PM me...

Podge293

Is the ranked matchmaking in this game good? Does it actually try to pair you with someone of a similar rank, or is your ranking just a number for leaderboards?

Also, in kind of shocked that so few people have PM'd me about joining the tournament. It looked like a lot of people were wanting to do it, but I've only had five people PM me...

I'd love to do it but can't for a number of reasons

1) I'm on the auld X1 version and
2)not sure if I can dedicate the time to it if it's over a whole weekend (might have misread that part)

would love to join but I'm on XB1 :(

I'm hesitant to join with a six sam deck if everyone is going to run some hardcore tier 1 deck lol. Need to grind for more cards.

OmegaDL50

graceful charity was one my favorite cards back in the day, so useful

Especially useful when you have cards with effects that trigger when you sent them to the Graveyard because Graceful Charity triggers the condition for them to be used. For decks that ignore the Forbidden List, it's a useful combination.

Like Makyura the Destructor which allows you to use any Trap Card for the entire turn he's sent to the Graveyard, useful for things like Jar of Greed, Good Goblin Housekeeping, Legacy of Yata-Garasu, Accumulated Fortune, Reckless Greed, for an Exodia Draw deck.

2)not sure if I can dedicate the time to it if it's over a whole weekend (might have misread that part)
Well it's starting on Saturday, so that's when people will hopefully be doing their duels. If someone's schedule is busy though, they can plan a time with their opponent to duel when they get the chance.

I'm hesitant to join with a six sam deck if everyone is going to run some hardcore tier 1 deck lol. Need to grind for more cards.
We banned the Tier 1 decks, just so that people could run decks they enjoy:
SkullHydra said:
The following meta decks and archetypes are banned from this tournament:

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"

So feel free to join! I'm building decks that aren't anywhere close to meta, so don't be worried. It's all about the fun of the duel!

Well, there are more tier 1 decks than those 5, like evilswarm and Yang zing. But whatever, I get the point:>

I'll pm when ready.

They were chosen based on tournament win dates as of the banlist being instituted. But yeah, this is the problem I foresaw: Getting rid of the 5 most popular decks by far at tournaments just creates a new tier list

They were chosen based on tournament win dates as of the banlist being instituted. But yeah, this is the problem I foresaw: Getting rid of the 5 most popular decks by far at tournaments just creates a new tier list

Well, I get the point that it's just going to be casual and no one should take it too seriously.

Well, there are more tier 1 decks than those 5, like evilswarm and Yang zing. But whatever, I get the point:>

I'll pm when ready.

That's very true, and I understand that. And while there are always going to be decks that are better than others, so as long as we remove the most broken of them, the rest stand a bit better of a chance.

But yeah, this tournament is all about having fun with the game and using decks you like. I fully expect to get crushed quickly, but it'll still be fun!

This one takes me back! Just bought it. The Xyz, Synchro and Pendulum types sound like they'll really add a good bit of extra depth and entertainment to the proceedings.

The "Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn" title for the OP is absolute perfection after learning about Pendulum summons lol. Another thing that really made me jump all over this one was the story mode stuff. :)

Fj0823

This one takes me back! Just bought it. The Xyz, Synchro and Pendulum types sound like they'll really add a good bit of extra depth and entertainment to the proceedings.

The "Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn" title for the OP is absolute perfection after learning about Pendulum summons lol. Another thing that really made me jump all over this one was the story mode stuff. :)

Thanks, that was the idea :)

Hope you enjoy the game as much as we do.

Say, has anyone spotted Gem-Knight cards? Or are they being saved for the
Goddess
Masumi story duel in the ARC-V DLC?

I really want those crazy fusions

Goddess

Probably a stupid question, but is there any voice acting for the story segments, or is it just all text? I personally wouldn't mind just text, but some voice to go along with the graphics would be a really nice plus.

HabeeNo

Goddess

Gem Knight is at Jesse's pack according to the docs

Fj0823

No voice acting. Probably for the best most of the time

Imagine if they only record the english catchphrases and play them over and over....
"GET SET TO GET DECKED
LETS KICK OUR ENGINES INTO OVERDRIVE
HIGH FIVE THE SKY
GET YOUR GAME ON!!
LAAAADIES AAAAND GENTLEMEEEN!!!"

I'm confused. How did that goddamn owl survive two attacks? I didn't see anything saying it could survive an attack

edit: Sorry for the triple post

When Anjelly Special summons a monster that monster can't be destroyed by battle until my next end phase, I got lucky that I drew TT and Solemn at the same time. GGs

Well, fuck...

I have been TRYING to find these cards in yusei's back since I started my Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann deck, but I haven't see even seen the corner of the card yet...

These are all the cards I need:
Level Eater 3x
Foruma Synchron 1x
T.G. Hyper Librarian 1x

T.G. Hyper Librarian I know is under the DLC deck, which I am thinking of getting just for this deck, but, I want to wait before I buy it, in case they annouce DLC soon for the game.

Good game. I made a huge mistake in that second round though. I shouldn't have activated lightsworn sanctuary at the end. I forgot that the one with the revival ability needs me to discard a card. I meant to use that to summon the arch-lightsworn. Given my mistake, I should have gone for the double out using Jain's effect to gain 300 attack points, but since I activated the card, I couldn't use him (since he was the one I was trading out).

That third match, saving the torrential tribute was pure evil. I was sure that wasn't the card you had, since if it had been, why would you not use it when I summoned Gragonith who has a shitload of attack and can get even stronger with it's effect

Top Bottom