• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Good game. I made a huge mistake in that second round though. I shouldn't have activated lightsworn sanctuary at the end. I forgot that the one with the revival ability needs me to discard a card. I meant to use that to summon the arch-lightsworn. Given my mistake, I should have gone for the double out using Jain's effect to gain 300 attack points, but since I activated the card, I couldn't use him (since he was the one I was trading out).

That third match, saving the torrential tribute was pure evil. I was sure that wasn't the card you had, since if it had been, why would you not use it when I summoned Gragonith who has a shitload of attack and can get even stronger with it's effect

I wasn't scared of Gragonith I knew It couldn't kill hootcakes or take all my LP that turn so next turn i could summon the queen and send it back, Judgement had been causing me all the problems in the world though, I figured i would save TT until I absolutely needed it and it worked out, my first round opening hand was garbage I had nothing to do and then I made a mistake in my combo thinking i could summon a mon still and that was the end for me.

So how's this game, i was thinking about picking it up. Any good?
It's yugioh. Almost all of the cards are in though, even without DLC (Including most of the top tier stuff barring -tellarknights)
There's a lot of single player content too. My main complaint is that you can ignore the banlist is unranked online, and that there are no pack lists to keep track of which cards are in which packs, as well as how many more you need to complete a pack. Even more problematic given they aren't using real packs this time around

Finally got all the cards I need(Besides T. G. Hyper Librarian) for my Synchron Extreme/Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann deck! Now to practice with the deck!

It's yugioh. Almost all of the cards are in though, even without DLC (Including most of the top tier stuff barring -tellarknights)
There's a lot of single player content too. My main complaint is that you can ignore the banlist is unranked online, and that there are no pack lists to keep track of which cards are in which packs, as well as how many more you need to complete a pack. Even more problematic given they aren't using real packs this time around

Who has these cards tho? I asked before and no answer, cant find it on google either

I gotta say this game pulled me in with nostalgia but I stayed for the duels. After playing a bit of Hearthstone, I was unimpressed. Yugioh, this card game, is actually a really well built game. Full of variations and player agency, it's really quite good. I'm blown away by how much thought I put into deck building without it feeling like a chore.
And now that I'm a little older and with other interests, I don't want to spend money on actual cards, so a video game is the perfect fit!

All in all, great purchase. The solo content holds my attention and the game is a little barebones and looks a little dated but I got over it just because the game plays so well

Recall

I'm not going to be available for the gaf tournament but would still like to play fellow gaffers with my custom "it does things" deck. Anyone else up for some PS4 battles? PSN is RecallBerserk

Afrocious

In the GX campaign, I played Syrus vs Jaden. Syrus uses Cyber Dragon and it was as fun as I imagined it would be (though kinda tame compared to variations of the deck I've seen online).

I tried doing the reverse match as Jaden using his deck. Talk about unfair as hell.

I want to build a Cyber Dragon deck. Can I just get the cards doing this reverse battle or should I continue through the campaign?

Sayah

I almost have three Ra's Disciple. Wondering if summoning Obelisk the Tormenter using them would be a good strategy. I also have the ability to summon three mystical shine balls in one turn using The Agent of Creation. Maybe I really should add Obelisk.

Maybe I can also add a sarcaphogus card to search my deck and more quickly summon.

Fj0823

I almost have three Ra's Disciple. Wondering if summoning Obelisk the Tormenter using them would be a good strategy. I also have the ability to summon three mystical shine balls in one turn using The Agent of Creation. Maybe I really should add Obelisk.

Maybe I can also add a sarcaphogus card to search my deck and more quickly summon.

God cards are really REALLY bad unless you make a deck focused entirely around summoning them and this card
300px-MoundoftheBoundCreator-DRLG-EN-ScR-1E.png
Otherwise you'll just get an Obelisk that will run straight to a Mirror Force.

Also Ra sucks ass, unless you play this first

God cards are really REALLY bad unless you make a deck focused entirely around summoning them and this card

Tributing a Hardened Armed Dragon helps too. I think that spell card could be pretty sweet in a Malefic deck too...

Kouriozan

I like playing with story decks, sometime give me tips about how to handle X situation.
I've only done Yu-Gi-Oh! Campaign so far without reverse duel, and used masked heroes for one of the DLC battle which was really hard.

Fj0823

Tributing a Hardened Armed Dragon helps too. I think that spell card could be pretty sweet in a Malefic deck too...

Yes exactly, hardened armed and stuff like that exclusively

Just shoving obelisk in a deck that can get 3 monsters out easily is not a very good plan with 3 mirror forces available for your opponent

neither

my deck is pretty good now!
played online, 3 matches in a row where my opponents ragequit just as they were about to lose lol
thinking of joining the tourney but i dont think ill have time saturday.
does the first duel have to be on saturday?

my deck is pretty good now!
played online, 3 matches in a row where my opponents ragequit just as they were about to lose lol
thinking of joining the tourney but i dont think ill have time saturday.
does the first duel have to be on saturday?
Well that's the plan. Depending on the number of entrants though, I might be able to have you skip the first round, and then you might be able to wait until Sunday to duel, depending on your opponent.
Holy run on sentence Batman.

bumpkin

Yes exactly, hardened armed and stuff like that exclusively

Just shoving obelisk in a deck that can get 3 monsters out easily is not a very good plan with 3 mirror forces available for your opponent
I was under the impression the God cards aren't susceptible to spell, trap or monster effects. It even says it on the cards' text.

Regiruler

I was under the impression the God cards aren't susceptible to spell, trap or monster effects. It even says it on the cards' text.

1. Only obelisk has any sort of inherent immunity. In his case, it's targeting protection.
2. Ra and Slifer have no inherent protection, although they instead have more offense-oriented and suppression-oriented effects, respectively (vanilla ra is unbearably bad though).

RE_Player

Bummed out I can't join the tournament. Love the game but I've been so sick that even reading the text on screen gives me a huge headache. Next time I'll not only participate but put up some prizes. Good luck and have fun everyone.

1. Only obelisk has any sort of inherent immunity. In his case, it's targeting protection.
2. Ra and Slifer have no inherent protection, although they instead have more offense-oriented and suppression-oriented effects, respectively (vanilla ra is unbearably bad though).

I always found it funny how the show made Ra out as being the most powerful god card, when it was steaming hot shit, even when it first came out

Afrocious

Trying to make a Cyber Dragon deck.

I got quite a few cards, but barely any of the main staples. I bought a billion Syrus boosters, but I still don't have enough cards to make a decent deck.

How else can I get the CD cards? I figure fighting Zane would work but he only drops one card at a time and he's kinda OP (that or the AI is).

Trying to make a Cyber Dragon deck.

I got quite a few cards, but barely any of the main staples. I bought a billion Syrus boosters, but I still don't have enough cards to make a decent deck.

How else can I get the CD cards? I figure fighting Zane would work but he only drops one card at a time and he's kinda OP (that or the AI is).

Cards drop 3 at a time if you beat them

Kallor

Any idea which pack I might run into this car?

Weevils' Story decks are the just the worst. Holy shit. 0/10 would not duel with again.

OmegaDL50

Didn't know that. Wow.

I am fighting the correct Zane right? I'm doing the Jaden vs Zane duel where Zane graduates or something.

Yes. If there is a card you are looking for and the AI used it. You can replay the duels in both the Story and Challenge modes over and over, if the AI your playing against is no longer giving you cards you have everything in their deck.

You can check your progress in the Deck Edit menu and check the Recipes, the cards you don't have will have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on it.

Basically this is one sure to way to get a guaranteed card drop as long as the AI used it in their decks. You can just play them over and over and you'll eventually get everything.

Basically once you have all of the AI cards and no more yellow exclamations, it's time to rely on the RNG with the Boosters and Draft / Seal Pack Decks.

Afrocious

Yes. If there is a card you are looking for and the AI used it. You can replay the duels in both the Story and Challenge modes over and over, if the AI your playing against is no longer giving you cards you have everything in their deck.

You can check you're progress in the Deck Edit menu and check the Recipes, the cards you don't have will have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on it.

Basically this is one sure to way to get a guaranteed card drop as long as the AI used it in their decks. You can just play them over and over and you'll eventually get everything.

Basically once you have all of the AI cards and no more yellow exclamations, it's time to rely on the RNG with the Boosters and Draft / Seal Pack Decks.

Awesome, so keep beating Zane until he stops giving me cards, then move over to buying boosters. Got it. Thanks!

neither

Here are the next two videos of ranked matches with my Madolche deck, went pretty good, till I overextended my play on my first turn, and... well, just check out what happen:
lol at the rage quit in first match!
the Madolche cards are so cute, where do they drop? if you don't mind me asking

Sayah

I thought Obelisk's effect mentioned it's not affected by card effects.
Maybe it's just card effects that specifically target it and not stuff like Mirror Force or Dark Hole (if I'm understanding correctly)?

OmegaDL50

I thought Obelisk's effect mentioned it's not affected by card effects.
Maybe it's just card effects that specifically target it and not stuff like Mirror Force or Dark Hole (if I'm understanding correctly)?

That's exactly it - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Obelisk_the_Tormentor

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or card effects. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. You can Tribute 2 monsters; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot declare an attack the turn this effect is activated.

So any card that doesn't have a specific target such as Mirror Force. Which basically just destroys everything on the opponent's side of the field if it's face in attack position with the trigger of an attack being declared, will simply take out Obelisk

Kouriozan

When someone use a mic, I just literally mute my TV.
But sucks about the rage-quitters, Konami need to patch so the remaining player get a win, at least in Ranked.

Recall

So Tetsu Trudge plays a Six Samurai deck in the challenge mode (which I can't beat) but his deck recipe in the deck edit option is totally different. Is it possible to unlock his Six Samurai recipe?

It's a deck I've always wanted to run but know nothing about how it works. Playing this opponent really has shown me how powerful it is compared to what im currently running.

So Tetsu Trudge plays a Six Samurai deck in the challenge mode (which I can't beat) but his deck recipe in the deck edit option is totally different. Is it possible to unlock his Six Samurai recipe?

It's a deck I've always wanted to run but know nothing about how it works. Playing this opponent really has shown me how powerful it is compared to what im currently running.

I can share mine if you want.

Top Bottom