• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Kouriozan

So Tetsu Trudge plays a Six Samurai deck in the challenge mode (which I can't beat) but his deck recipe in the deck edit option is totally different. Is it possible to unlock his Six Samurai recipe?

It's a deck I've always wanted to run but know nothing about how it works. Playing this opponent really has shown me how powerful it is compared to what im currently running.
You have to beat him in challenge mode to get his challenge recipe.
That's how I got Bandit Keith one, at least, only done him so far.

Speaking of duelist challenges...any deck recommendation to consistently beat Quattro's Shadow Shaddoll deck?

For grinding, an Exodia FTK deck is the quickest and most consistent method. Ignoring the banlist it is pretty easy to come up with a recipe that is highly consistent. I'm sure you could put more thought into it to make it even more consistent, but here is mine(from memory):

-Exodia(5)
-Royal Magical Library(3)
-Makyura The Destructor

-Pot of Greed(3)
-Upstart Goblin(3)
-Hand Destruction(3)
-Toon Table of content(3)
-Toon world
-Foolish Burial(2)
-One Day of Peace(2)
-Dark World Dealings(3)
-Hand Destruction(3)
-Graceful Charity(3)
-Reckless Greed(3)
-Jar of Greed(1)
-Pot Of Duality(3)

As it happens I used this deck to grind all cards that Quattro has to offer.

For grinding an Exodia FTK deck is the quickest and most consistent method. Ignoring the banlist it is pretty easy to come up with a recipe that is highly consistent. I'm sure you could put more thought into it to make it even more consistent, but here is mine(from memory):

As it happens I used this deck to grind all cards that Quattro has to offer.

Thanks, exodia is what i am using now, but i definitely need a few.more cards to make it run more efficiently.

This is the last day to sign up for the tournament! Anyone who wants to participate must PM me with their PSN ID by the end of the day!

SkullHydra said:
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and set the date for the tournament for this Saturday, the 15th. It will probably still be going on throughout the week as people find times to duel against their opponents, but Saturday will be our starting date.

This is going to be a standard Double Elimination tournament. The duels will be matches (Best two out of three), with side modification allowed between duels.

I'll need everybody who wants to participate to PM me and give me their PSN ID by Friday. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have enough players on the Xbox One to have a full tournament for them. However, if enough Xbox players pop up, I might go ahead and start a tournament for them as well.

EDIT: The following meta decks and archetypes are banned from this tournament:

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"

Fj0823

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a Dark Magician Girl deck?

At the moment is almost impossible to have a good pure dark magician deck. Japan got several cards to make them better, but they still have a long way to go.

I don't get how Konami hasn't given them the Red-Eyes/Black Luster Soldier/Harpie Lady/Toon Treatment

ZangBa

I finally finished all the challenge duels, 90% of them with my own deck. The other 10% were with cheating exodia because some of those guys were just too annoying to duel against. I went online and my first player match was against a Nekroz. I could have won but I did something stupid. :C

Sayah

That's exactly it - http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Obelisk_the_Tormentor

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or card effects. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. You can Tribute 2 monsters; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot declare an attack the turn this effect is activated.

So any card that doesn't have a specific target such as Mirror Force. Which basically just destroys everything on the opponent's side of the field if it's face in attack position with the trigger of an attack being declared, will simply take out Obelisk

Thanks.

Edit: Three quits in a row in ranked. I thought the blacklist idea was maybe silly but now I'm going back to making this and noting people's names.

macklelol

Haven't seen that many ragequitters in ranked so far. I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Anyone know where to get Vanity's Emptiness and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror?

Sayah

Haven't seen that many ragequitters in ranked so far. I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

I've had five different people rage quit on me today.

They only do it when they're about to lose. Too bad I didn't catch all their names and the "recently met players" feature on PS4 doesn't work with this game.

Stuart444

When coming up with decks, how do you decide what to use once you've chosen an arch type? I mean there is so so many cards to choose from and I'm sure a good amount of them can support many arch types.

Seems overwhelming when thinking about it.

(also I'm going slow at this so far, just started the 5D story >_> )

Updating PSN blacklist. People that ragequit before losing matches:

Big_Fish_MUC
Mr_Maico
carfouf34
MCSKL

Would I be in the right if I 'rage quit' before losing a match with any of these guys? (on purpose or otherwise)

Because I gotta admit... it's tempting to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is in the Jesse Anderson pack.

Can I also take this chance to say how much Adrian's deck sucks in story mode.

Sayah

Would I be in the right if I 'rage quit' before losing a match with any of these guys? (on purpose or otherwise)

Because I gotta admit... it's tempting to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I'm not sure. That's all up to you. :p

There's this one other dude I've faced several times that uses an Elemental hero deck and rage quits every time but I keep forgetting to save his PSN name.

OmegaDL50

So Tetsu Trudge plays a Six Samurai deck in the challenge mode (which I can't beat) but his deck recipe in the deck edit option is totally different. Is it possible to unlock his Six Samurai recipe?

It's a deck I've always wanted to run but know nothing about how it works. Playing this opponent really has shown me how powerful it is compared to what im currently running.

Hey, look a few posts up

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175375119&postcount=1737

EDIT - By the way, I am surprised that few of the former top Meta decks some the AI uses in Challenge Mode.

Tetsu with Six Samurai for example, and Pegasus has a Madolche Deck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my recommended grinding deck to get cards from AI

I just use a Exodia Draw Deck

which consists of the following and the reason for using them

1x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Left Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Right Left of the of the Forbidden One
1x Exodia the Forbidden One
2x Makyura the Destructor = allows traps to be used on the turn it's sent to the graveyard. Also fuel for Allure of Darkness
2x Armageddon Knight = Allows you to send a Dark Monster to the Graveyard from your Deck, For Makyura's Effect, it's a Dark Monster so Allure of Darkness Fuel
3x Sangan = Dark Monster that when sent from the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece
3x Witch of the Black Forest = Dark Monster when sent to the field to the graveyard to grab an Exodia Piece

Traps / Spells
3x Pot of Greed = draw 2 cards
3x Graceful Charity = draw 3 cards, discard 2 cards
3x Jar of Greed = draw 1 card
2x Allure of Darkness = Draw 2 Cards Banish one Dark Monster (Sangan and Witch used as fuel for this effect)
3x Good Goblin Housekeeping = Draw 1 card times number of Good Goblin Housekeeping in your graveyard, send one card back to your deck.
3x Upstart Goblin = draw 1 card, opponent gains 1000 LP
2x Dark World Dealings = Draw one card, discard one card
3x Reckless Greed = draw 2 cards skip your draw phase
3x Legacy of Yata Garasu = draw 1 card

Basically the idea is the get Makyura into the Graveyard either by the effect of Armageddon Knight, Graceful Charity, or Dark World Dealings. And just never stop drawing cards until you have your 5 Exodia Pieces and win.

In the case you don't have any draw cards, and just have Sangan or Witch in your hand, put them down in defense mode, they get destroyed, you get a free Exodia piece. Generally a duel should end on first round, second round at worst.

Sayah

Played against a Qliphort and a Burning Abyss deck.

These decks are way too OP.

The burning abyss deck finished me in one turn. lol. He was able to summon three different monsters with 2500 attack and another with somewhat lower attack. 8000 lifepoints taken in a single swoop.

I am starting to hate these decks that have ongoing cycles and loops. So annoying. I could probably eat a whole sandwich and have a cup of tea by the time they're done with just one turn.

Fj0823

Played against a Qliphort and a Burning Abyss deck.

These decks are way too OP.

The burning abyss deck finished me in one turn. lol. He was able to summon three different monsters with 2500 attack and another with somewhat lower attack. 8000 lifepoints taken in a single swoop.

I am starting to hate these decks that have ongoing cycles and loops. So annoying. I could probably eat a whole sandwich and have a cup of tea by the time they're done with just one turn.

That's usually the norm of meta decks, the idea is to not let them do their full combo.

Which can only be achieved with another meta deck. That's kind of the point of tournament play.

Anyways, opened a Clash of Rebellion pack today and got a Pendulum Tuner monster "Luster Pendulum, The Dracoslayer" a super rare card. And several melodious for my GF.

Today was a good day for my physical YGOs

This is the last chance for anyone to register for the tournament! I will be finalizing the brackets and posting it to this page within the hour!

EDIT: It looks like there will have to be some byes as it is, so even if you might not be able to make it do a duel on Saturday, I can get you a free pass to the next round.

EDIT2: And we're closed!

YuGiGAF1.png

Here is the bracket for our first YuGiGAF tournament!

We are doing match duels for each round. And I don't have a particular limit set in stone for the timeframe you're allowed for each set against your opponent, but please try to get your set of duels completed within 24 hours. And remember:
SkullHydra said:
The following meta decks and archetypes are banned from this tournament:

- "Burning Abyss"
- "Nekroz"
- "Qliphort"
- "Shadoll"
- "-TellarKnight"

Below is a list of the PSN IDs for those GAF members.
Quote this post to reveal them.
Go ahead and PM your opponents to set up your duels!

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!!!!!!!

Sayah

That's usually the norm of meta decks, the idea is to not let them do their full combo.

Which can only be achieved with another meta deck. That's kind of the point of tournament play.

Anyways, opened a Clash of Rebellion pack today and got a Pendulum Tuner monster "Luster Pendulum, The Dracoslayer" a super rare card. And several melodious for my GF.

Today was a good day for my physical YGOs

I'm just going to build a Nekroz deck as a backup for when I want to lame it out with the top tier, meta deck. lol. :p

Also, I think I might start investing into buying physical cards. I'm enjoying the digital versions (LotD and YGoPro) but I remember having even more fun when playing with the cards. Will have to get friends interested in this card game again.

I never sold all of my old cards either. Still should have them somewhere in the house.

YuGiGAF1.png

We are doing match duels for each round. And I don't have a particular limit set in stone for the timeframe you're allowed for each set against your opponent, but please try to get your set of duels completed within 24 hours. And remember:

With the amount of competitors, we can probably finish this this weekend.

Thanks for setting it all up. I was hoping more people would join, though. But still, this should be fun. :)
I imagine more people would join if PS4's online components weren't behind a PS+ paywall.
Also, I love the vanilla yugioh theme. I remember looking forward to this show every Saturday morning. Kept me interested and intrigued up to the very end.

macklelol

Time zones are probably gonna make it tough to finish the tournament quickly, I would think.

Finally got everything I needed for my side deck, thanks SkullHydra and GreatEdmondo for the help earlier.

bumpkin

YuGiGAF1.png

Sweet! You got a URL to the tourney brackets on challonge? I just registered on their site with my GAF username as my ID there too.

This is the last day to sign up for the tournament! Anyone who wants to participate must PM me with their PSN ID by the end of the day!

i don't even know why TellarKnights are banned, no one has come across one. Konami can go OH YOU CAN GET ALL DA CARDS WITHOUT DLC all they want but I've yet to see any proof anyone getting TellarKnight. Also have not seen or heard of anyone getting Masked Heroes and Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the Beginning without the DLC. I'm calling shenanigans on this game.

Fj0823

i don't even know why TellarKnights are banned, no one has come across one. Konami can go OH YOU CAN GET ALL DA CARDS WITHOUT DLC all they want but I've yet to see any proof anyone getting TellarKnight. Also have not seen or heard of anyone getting Masked Heroes and Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the Beginning without the DLC. I'm calling shenanigans on this game.

Use Constellar, they are Tellarknight Lite. :)

And they got some serious Swag.

inb4 they are also locked for the Hokuto/Dipper Duel in the ARC-V DLC

Sweet! You got a URL to the tourney brackets on challonge? I just registered on their site with my GAF username as my ID there too.
I'm not at my computer right now, but I'll definitely get it for you in a little bit.

Use Constellar, they are Tellarknight Lite. :)

And they got some serious Swag.

inb4 they are also locked for the Hokuto/Dipper Duel in the ARC-V DLC
I'm pretty sure they are, since I haven't been able to find any of them. Lol.

Boogiepop

So, after doing some light reading up on some archetypes, what's the playability of the following:
Amazoness, Mermail, Penguin, Crystal Beasts, Karakuri, Madolche, X-Saber, and Ancient Gear.

These are the ones that immediately caught my eye at a cursory glance. (I liked the Amazoness cards back in the day, but I recall them kind of sucking, but they've gotten support since then...)

Does anyone know what packs to buy if I want to build a deck focusing on Banishing, like the D.D. cards, and which pack Guardian Eatos is in?
I've been finding D.D. cards in Chazz's packs, and Eatos is in the Zexal Campaign duel Search for Shadows Part 2 if I remember correctly.

Out of curiousity, can we change decks between matches if we want to?
I was thinking about this myself. I think that should be fine, just in case someone decides to change it up from time to time with their decks. The only problem would be if someone tries to build decks just to counter their opponents.

Out of courtesy for your opponent, please do not reveal the decks that they used, unless given permission!

GG shadowcreep
I beat Shadowcreep 2-1. So glad that Shadowcreep's luck in the final round seemed to be even worse than mine. I got such a shitty starting hand lol.

Also, that OTK I pulled off in the second round

That OTK I wasn't even mad I was just like well that just happened, then round 3 took all my will to live away with my inability to draw a level 4 monster for ever.

Top Bottom