• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Kouriozan

So what are the DLC's you can buy guys? what do they do exactly?
Each one give you 2 recipes with the cards included (you don't need to buy/get them), 2 story duels with reverse (they appears in yellow) and challenge duels (probably 2 as well).
There is an upcoming ARC-V story DLC to be released whenever, so that would mean new story/challenge duels, recipes and booster packs.

Masked Heroes are just too good lol I win most of my duels and I kind of feel bad beating people this badly. I Might have to take a break to see if people can run better decks.

I need a challenge dammit!

Stuart444

The Scrap-Iron Scarecrow has been so useful in most of my Yusei's story duels so far (against Hunter Pace just now in Fortune Cup)

Almost seems overpowered since I've been lucky and not had an opponent destroy my trap card with Dust Tornado yet.

Fj0823

Masked Heroes are just too good lol I win most of my duels and I kind of feel bad beating people this badly. I Might have to take a break to see if people can run better decks.

I need a challenge dammit!

Manga Jaden's Deck makes anime Jaden's deck look like it was built by a 5 year old stacking cards

I-hate-u

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

All the archetypes I like are locked behind DLC.

At least I can play a vanilla Lightsworn build.

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

All the archetypes I like are locked behind DLC.

I mean the vast majority are in the base game. And even some cards related to a DLC archetype seem to be in the base game (I found envoy of the beginning in Yugi's pack, and I've found a bunch of evilswarm despite one of the dlcs containing an evilswarm deck

The first victory of the tournament goes to Aaronrules380! Congratulations. It's not over yet for Shadowcreep though! Even if you lose your first match, you can still redeem yourself through the Loser's Bracket!

The image is linked to the Challonge bracket.

Kouriozan

It's my first Yu-Gi-Oh! game since the last DS one so I said to myself, why not get everything, plus the base game was cheap already.
Also being a completionist doesn't help with those kind of stuff :p
I'm currently at episode 66 of ARC-V (last one subbed in my language), so hyped for the DLC to release.

Fj0823

It's my first Yu-Gi-Oh! game since the last DS one so I said to myself, why not get everything, plus the base game was cheap already.
Also being a completionist doesn't help with those kind of stuff :p
I'm currently at episode 66 of ARC-V (last one subbed in my language), so hyped for the DLC to release.

How about sharing your impressions on ARC-V? Genuinely curious.
Is this your first YGO anime since the original?

Stuart444

Speaking of the anime, I'm almost done the Duelist Kingdom arc. Watching the dub and enjoying myself while still making fun of 4kids. :D.

Also checked out Bonds beyond time. Gotta admit, while I've never watched GX/5D, I don't mind the voices I hear from Jaden/Yusei + 5D folk.

Plus I've enjoyed the stories from what I've seen of them in the campaign mode.

Fj0823

Speaking of the anime, I'm almost done the Duelist Kingdom arc. Watching the dub and enjoying myself while still making fun of 4kids. :D.

Also checked out Bonds beyond time. Gotta admit, while I've never watched GX/5D, I don't mind the voices I hear from Jaden/Yusei + 5D folk.

Plus I've enjoyed the stories from what I've seen of them in the campaign mode.

Bonds Beyond Time is canon for 5D's plot. So technically you saw an arc of 5D's already :p

Now watch the superior Abridged Version

Stuart444

Bonds Beyond Time is canon for 5D's plot. So technically you saw an arc of 5D's already :p

Didn't know that til after I watched it

And yes I watched the Abridged version first.

Yami is an awesome troll in it. Plus Yusei <3

Kouriozan

How about sharing your impressions on ARC-V? Genuinely curious.
Is this your first YGO anime since the original?
I've watched the full first arc, then maybe 2/3 of GX, a little bit of 5D, first season of Zexal and now trying to watch everything of ARC-V.
About ARC-V, I found the first season very interesting, there is little to no filler and the flow of the plot is pretty great
And then when the Maiami Championship ends (end of season 1), it start to slow down dramatically.

! Spoiler !

They have to form an army (the Lancers, the best duelists from the Maiami tournament) to attack Academia,an alternate dimension who is invading others in the goal to fuse them into one.
There is 4 dimensions :
Standard where the story begin, let's call it the normal world
Academia : Evil people using only fusion summons and turning people into cards, invade and conquer other dimensions
XYZ dimension : alternate Heartland (Zexal) who was conquered by Academia, a few survivor escaped to Standard to fight back, only use Xyz summons
Synchro dimension : alternate New Domino City (5D) that's where the season 2 begin, the Lancers fo there to gather strong duelists to attack Academia in order to save people, stop the invasions, also only use Syncho summons.

So now, in season 2, the Lancers appears in Synchro but get separated, fight the security multiple time to escape, get caught by higher autority and are forced to participate in another championship to prove that they are in fact people invading other dimension or something like that.

Jack Atlas appear but it's an alternate one, like Crow, so the story is completely separated from 5D, just like Zexal

In summary, from episode 50 to 66, very few thing happens and the story is losing momentum, but still interesting to watch for the new cards and Yuya/Yuzu mysteries.

! Another spoiler warning !

They both have alternate version of themselves, and other characters from different dimension often confuse them for their own's one.
The big bad guy at Academia try to gather all "version" of Yuzu (Standard), called Ruri (XYZ), Serena (Academia) and Rin (Synchro)
Mysterious power also try to gather all of Yuya's "version" dragons

I feel like I said too much but in short, yes, it's worth to watch and I like it.

Neither and I just finished our match. I managed to get a really lucky hand in the first duel, which led to them having a really hard start and eventually losing. The second game was a bit trickier,
especially with neither top-decking Mirror Force and destroying my field,
but I ended up winning that one as well.

Thanks for the games, neither! Make sure you win all of the Loser's Bracket games so I can face you again in the final round!
Or more likely, facing you again when we're both in the Loser Bracket. Lol.

bumpkin

I mean the vast majority are in the base game. And even some cards related to a DLC archetype seem to be in the base game (I found envoy of the beginning in Yugi's pack, and I've found a bunch of evilswarm despite one of the dlcs containing an evilswarm deck
But do you have the DLC? I've bought a ton of Yugi packs and haven't seen a BLS yet. :(

Apparently my deck building skills have gone downhill since I last played. Every time I try and make one of my decks more consistent, it has the opposite effect. DX I guess I'll just put that one on the back burner for now and hope my creative juices start flowing later.

Hey macklelol / SirAndroidTV and GreatEdmondo / Sandfox, have you guys been able to find a time to get your duels done?

Recall

I've been watching the Japanese version of 5D's. I'm currently on episode 122 out of 154. I think it's a great show especially how they amp up the drama/hype for those big moments and it even has more adult themed content and settings than I was expecting for what is basically a commercial for a product.

It isn't perfect but I'm still entertained by it.

macklelol

We'll have our match done hopefully within a few hours. Living in Hawaii + working all day makes it pretty tough to find a good time to duel lol.

ha i built a new deck since my xyz one was kinda doodoo since it relied on level limit, made a syncro deck this time and did 2 ranked matches with it, won both of em! i would've lost the 2nd one if i wasn't able to stall with that scarecrow trap card that stays on the field and negates 1 monster attack

I've been watching the Japanese version of 5D's. I'm currently on episode 122 out of 154. I think it's a great show especially how they amp up the drama/hype for those big moments and it even has more adult themed content and settings than I was expecting for what is basically a commercial for a product.

It isn't perfect but I'm still entertained by it.

i saw 3 yugiohs, original, GX, and 5Ds (didn't watch ZEXAL cause that art style is just so fucking repulsive i couldn't let it go) imo 5Ds is the best one but maybe its cause its the only one I watched Japanese with subs so there were no stupid censorships

macklelol

Won 2-0 over SirAndroidTV.

GGs. Not really sure what you could've done against me, I was pretty much unaffected by your deck for the most part lol.

My deck is definitely not built to handle what yours was putting out there. There were a couple of turns where I just rushed through some general combo motions without realizing I could have XYZ summoned until right after, but it probably wouldn't have mattered in the long run.

I lost to macklelol in spectacular fashion lol

Won 2-0 over SirAndroidTV.

GGs. Not really sure what you could've done against me, I was pretty much unaffected by your deck for the most part lol.

I have added your result to the bracket. Congrats macklelol! You aren't out yet, SirAndroid. Just make sure you come back with a vengeance in the Loser's Bracket!

I have my match with Crimsonlink tentatively set for early tomorrow afternoon. I haven't heard anything from Edmondo or Sandfox yet...

Do you guys record your matches for this tourney? Would be interested in seeing a few of them.
I haven't been, but I'll definitely try to remember to do that with my next one. The main problem with that is people showing their deck to everyone else, which could hurt them in the long run.

macklelol

I can try and record my matches. I'll probably forget about it, though lol.

Maybe we can just keep the videos unlisted and make them public/post links once the tournament is over?

cheesekao

I haven't been, but I'll definitely try to remember to do that with my next one. The main problem with that is people showing their deck to everyone else, which could hurt them in the long run.
I see..

I can try and record my matches. I'll probably forget about it, though lol.

Maybe we can just keep the videos unlisted and make them public/post links once the tournament is over?
Yeah, that could work.

Sandfox

Apparently my deck building skills have gone downhill since I last played. Every time I try and make one of my decks more consistent, it has the opposite effect. DX I guess I'll just put that one on the back burner for now and hope my creative juices start flowing later.

Hey macklelol / SirAndroidTV and GreatEdmondo / Sandfox, have you guys been able to find a time to get your duels done?
Our match was in the second round so I assumed that we were supposed to wait for the first round to end.

Phoenixus

Bah. :( Loving the game, but still can't get those trophies unlocked. Tribute and Fusion summons are the basis of my deck so I've done them hundreds of times. Tried rebooting the database, deleting and redownloading the game, nothing helps. :( Especially infuriating since I'm close to a platinum!

I know their PSN id, I'm just not sure how to proceed. I can face them for now though

Well since they were still a GAF member when we started the tournament, Sayah can still be included. We'll just have to contact them via PSN instead of a PM here.

If you're reading this Sayah, make sure you keep up with your PSN messages!

Top Bottom