• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

I finished all campaigns 100% normal and reverse. Now to finish the challenge duels. Two trophies left.
UfFEoMI.jpg

OmegaDL50

I finished all campaigns 100% normal and reverse. Now to finish the challenge duels. Two trophies left.

Don't forget to check your Recipe Lists as well. Just because you beat a character in the Campaign mode you can still play against them over and over until they stop giving you cards.

This how you get every card in their deck to get the recipe requirements. Also if you already have 3 of a specific card in any recipe that will of course also count towards any Recipe if they use those specific cards.

Also this is a good method to get guaranteed drops of specific cards, like Madolche from Pegasus's Challenge Deck, or Nekroz from Vetrix, and Shaddolls from Quattro.

This also reduces some of the RNG when after you get every character you need from the Challenge or Campaign decks you can then just use your accumulated DP for Boosters for the rest.

Murkas

So me and my friend are getting back into this after like a decade of not playing (or when ever cyber dragons were in style), anyone got a fun deck/recipes to recommend (and where I can find those cards)? I remember liking Six Samurais.

However I don't wanna make one that's "too fun", as in locking my friend down and destroying him in 2 turns etc.

So me and my friend are getting back into this after like a decade of not playing (or when ever cyber dragons were in style), anyone got a fun deck/recipes to recommend (and where I can find those cards)? I remember liking Six Samurais.

However I don't wanna make one that's "too fun", as in locking my friend down and destroying him in 2 turns etc.
I recommend Cyber Dragons. They'd be familiar to you, but they've had some nice support lately that makes them pretty good and a lot of fun.

I can't guarantee not killing your friend in two turns though, as Cyber Dragons can easily OTK if you get a great hand.

Murkas

I recommend Cyber Dragons. They'd be familiar to you, but they've had some nice support lately that makes them pretty good and a lot of fun.

I can't guarantee not killing your friend in two turns though, as Cyber Dragons can easily OTK if you get a great hand.

Thanks, I'll look into it. If I remember right the go to strat back then was Future Fusion>Overload Fusion your entire deck to bring out Chimeratech Overdragon with Limiter Removal for a one turn kill.

Have Cyber Dragons been Synchrod/Xyz'd at all? I wouldn't mind going for a deck like those.

Thanks, I'll look into it. If I remember right the go to strat back then was Future Fusion>Overload Fusion your entire deck to bring out Chimeratech Overdragon with Limiter Removal for a one turn kill.

Have Cyber Dragons been Synchrod/Xyz'd at all? I wouldn't mind going for a deck like those.
Future Fusion is banned, so that doesn't happen anymore. The main way I play them is using Power Bond to summon Cyber Twin Dragon who can attack twice with 5600atk, which can easily win your game.

There is also a great XYZ monster called Cyber Nova Dragon that can resummon Cyber Dragons from your Graveyard, and can double it's attack to 4200 by Banishing a Cyber Dragon either on the field or in your hand.

Fj0823

Future Fusion is banned, so that doesn't happen anymore. The main way I play them is using Power Bond to summon Cyber Twin Dragon who can attack twice with 5600atk, which can easily win your game.

There is also a great XYZ monster called Cyber Nova Dragon that can resummon Cyber Dragons from your Graveyard, and can double it's attack to 4200 by Banishing a Cyber Dragon either on the field or in your hand.

You forgot the part where Cyber Dragon Nova summons any machine type fusion for free if your opponent sends it to the graveyard with a card effect.

NotEasy

Hey guys thinking about buying this game,and i want to build a toon deck(Pegasus wannabe) any tips?mostly for offline play,google has too many options lol.

Kouriozan

Hey guys thinking about buying this game,and i want to build a toon deck(Pegasus wannabe) any tips?mostly for offline play,google has too many options lol.

You get to fight him 2 times (counting reverse duel) so you should get 2 recipes as well, might be a good start.

I beat Crimsonlink 2-0 dude was having some bad draws feel bad for him since I suffered the same fate in my first round match, the draw struggle is real.
GGs

Boogiepop

So, after doing some light reading up on some archetypes, what's the playability of the following:
Amazoness, Mermail, Penguin, Crystal Beasts, Karakuri, Madolche, X-Saber, and Ancient Gear.

These are the ones that immediately caught my eye at a cursory glance. (I liked the Amazoness cards back in the day, but I recall them kind of sucking, but they've gotten support since then...)
Anyone on these?

You forgot the part where Cyber Dragon Nova summons any machine type fusion for free if your opponent sends it to the graveyard with a card effect.
How could I forget the best part. Lol.

I beat Crimsonlink 2-0 dude was having some bad draws feel bad for him since I suffered the same fate in my first round match, the draw struggle is real.
GGs
I beat GreatEdmondo 2-0. Also, my PSN id is listed wrong in the initial bracket post.
You guys have been updated! Congratulations to the winners!
I updated your PSN ID in that post, Sandfox. Sorry about that.

bumpkin

I lost 2-1 against mackelol. Done in by what I can only describe as "x-hand" Herpes. lol.

Off to the Losers bracket I go. I found out after the fact that some cards I had were forbidden under the Advanced format. It didn't matter (I lost despite that). I'll fix my deck before my next match.

Sandfox beat me 2-0.
Damn I had the shittiest luck that round though. I kept drawing utter shit
I lost 2-1 against mackelol. Done in by what I can only describe as "x-hand" Herpes. lol.

Off to the Losers bracket I go. I found out after the fact that some cards I had were forbidden under the Advanced format. It didn't matter (I lost despite that). I'll fix my deck before my next match.
Dang, some crazy results. I've added them to the roster.

Everyone, please double check that your decks abide by the Forbidden and Limited list that is built into the game.

bumpkin

Uh, bumpkin, that was an interesting match lol.
Haha, I know. I thought I had you dead to rights at the end and then you chained a trap on my all-or-nothing summon and that was pretty much game. All I had in my hand in the final turns was two level 6+ that didn't have any special summon built in.

macklelol

I just got bodied (0-2) by macklelol. Dude, your deck sucks. I kind of hate you now. Lol.

lmao

I just happened to get the perfect set up to deny anything you did game 1, and I guess the same thing happened in game 2. Really though, I felt bad in game 1 cause god damn I just had an answer to everything.

lmao

I just happened to get the perfect set up to deny anything you did game 1, and I guess the same thing happened in game 2. Really though, I felt bad in game 1 cause god damn I just had an answer to everything.
That first game was completely maddening. Lol. I just couldn't do anything at all. I felt so helpless.

That second game went almost as badly. Sheesh.

Thanks for the duels though!

macklelol

Lost to Sandfox 0-2! GG! I made a misplay in the first game that probably cost me the game, and I couldn't really do much in the second game.

Well, I'll probably have some time to relax with how the loser's bracket is moving lol.

Lost to Sandfox 0-2! GG! I made a misplay in the first game that probably cost me the game, and I couldn't really do much in the second game.

Well, I'll probably have some time to relax with how the loser's bracket is moving lol.
Crap, dude. I'm kind of glad you got wrecked (I'm still salty), but I'm not sure I'd want to face Sandfox. He sounds like a beast.

Anyone on these?

Madolche =>Mermail >> X-Saber =Karakuri > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amazoness> Ancient Gear = Penguins =>Crystal Beasts

When in doubt, go with the the newer archetype.

Crystal Beasts is a fun deck to play, but it's a slow control deck and calling Rainbow Dragon takes forever.

neither

I've messaged/feiend requested Sayah on PSN but he hasn't replied..
how long do i wait before he gets disqualified as a no show? lol
he's banned here so not like i can message him on here either

Sandfox

Madolche =>Mermail >> X-Saber =Karakuri > > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amazoness> Ancient Gear = Penguins =>Crystal Beasts

Crystal Beasts is a fun deck to play, but it's a slow control deck and calling Rainbow Dragon takes forever.

Mermails are kinda in a bad place with the ban list in this game unfortunately, and as for Crystal Beasts go Rainbow Dragon hurts more than it helps and isn't worth running over other potential boss monsters.

bumpkin

That first game was completely maddening. Lol. I just couldn't do anything at all. I felt so helpless.

That second game went almost as badly. Sheesh.

Thanks for the duels though!
Right? That's how our first game went. The second I got just the right cards in the waining moments to take him down. But the third was a war of attrition. We both had barely around 1000 LP when he managed to wittle down my defenses with card effects and it was all downhill from there. The sad thing is if I hadn't gotten greedy and went for a big summon (tributed both of my on-field monsters), the match might have been mine. Live by the sword and die by the sword, I guess.

If Sandfox's deck is worse than his, I'm kind of worried about crossing paths with him.

Regiruler

Crystal Beast are better than Amazoness by a long shot dude, especially with their pendulums

Boogiepop

Mermails are kinda in a bad place with the ban list in this game unfortunately, and as for Crystal Beasts go Rainbow Dragon hurts more than it helps and isn't worth running over other potential boss monsters.

Crystal Beast are better than Amazoness by a long shot dude, especially with their pendulums
Cool, thanks guys.

Thud

Up to date with Arc V (except 69). Really liked it, gives me the shivers!

*spoiler warning*

What will be the name for the fourth dragon? My guess is Purple Eyes Fusion Dragon.

Now if I had a PS4 with this game I would play it. I guess I'll watch 5D's before that happens. I don't think I'll ever finish GX, it's slow and masked heroes are cooler.

Good luck with the tournament guys :)

Listonosh

Hey guys, new dueler here. Only dueled a few times with friends like 10 years ago, but this game has definitely raised my interested in the physical deck.

I do have a question though regarding the summons. On the front page, the Pendulum summon description sounded like it was one of the most essential ones to have. Would it be fair to say that Pendulum is necessary to have in your deck now? Would a non-pendulum deck be able to holds its own against one with pendulum summons?

Stuart444

So thanks to this game, I also just found my old Yugioh cards with the version 4.0 rulebook/board (like the fusion deck is still called that instead of the extra deck).

Some interesting cards as well including some of my favourite trap/spell cards (Monster Reborn, Fissure, Dust Tornado) and Paladin of White Dragon which I don't remember owning. Also a nice Blue Eyes White Dragon card. And a Red Eyes Black Chick which again I don't remember owning.

Too bad I can't read the writing on the cards at all, even the names are difficult (but I can read them) due to my current eye issues :/ it's so blurry to me. If not for the internet (and Legacy of the duelist), I wouldn't know what many of the cards do.

Still maybe some of the older cards will help inspire me in Legacy :)

Hey guys, new dueler here. Only dueled a few times with friends like 10 years ago, but this game has definitely raised my interested in the physical deck.

I do have a question though regarding the summons. On the front page, the Pendulum summon description sounded like it was one of the most essential ones to have. Would it be fair to say that Pendulum is necessary to have in your deck now? Would a non-pendulum deck be able to holds its own against one with pendulum summons?
Pendulum cards aren't really splashable in most decks, so you aren't required to add them. XYZ monsters are the ones that are basically required in almost every deck.

bumpkin

Pendulum cards aren't really splashable in most decks, so you aren't required to add them. XYZ monsters are the ones that are basically required in almost every deck.
I don't have any XYZ's in my deck, but that's because I'm rolling mostly OG cards; nothing from GX and beyond.

Fj0823

No, Pendulums are not necessary to win, as you kinda need your deck to support them and right now, just a few decks have been given Pendulum support.

fusion Synchros and Xyz are way more vital right now.

However I fully expect Pendulum monsters to become the norm later down the line, as their main goal is to give more power to your extra deck

Listonosh

Interesting. I guess it's smart since it requires players to purchase new decks to stay competitively relevant. It sucks though that there are no ways legacy cards can combat that.

No, Pendulums are not necessary to win, as you kinda need your deck to support them and right now, just a few decks have been given Pendulum support.

fusion Synchros and Xyz are way more vital right now.

However I fully expect Pendulum monsters to become the norm later down the line, as their main goal is to give more power to your extra deck

So basically a standard deck made out of just regular summons doesn't stand a chance these days. Does any summon type have a distinct advantage over the other? Would an XYZ be more advantageous to say a Synchro summon, or is it all based on deck composition?

Fj0823

Interesting. I guess it's smart since it requires players to purchase new decks to stay competitively relevant. It sucks though that there are no ways legacy cards can combat that.

So basically a standard deck made out of just regular summons doesn't stand a chance these days. Does any summon type have a distinct advantage over the other? Would an XYZ be more advantageous to say a Synchro summon, or is it all based on deck composition?

All based on your deck. Some decks use one summon and that's enough to win, others can use all four summons and still not be as effective as one with good fusions only.

Stuart444

Can anyone come up with a good Harpie deck? I'm not the best with deck making yet, so many cards and different archtypes and stuff.

I decided I wanted to try either a Harpie deck or an Elemental Hero deck and decided on the former after rewatching some YGO with Mai >_>.

So yeah, sorry to ask but can anyone help out a little? I have an idea in terms of Monsters (like only being able to use 3 harpie ladies and the Harpies Pet Dragon and Pet Baby Dragon) but that's all I can come up with :/

All based on your deck. Some decks use one summon and that's enough to win, others can use all four summons and still not be as effective as one with good fusions only.

Yep. Look no further than the 5 banned archetypes. Shaddolls are a fusion based archetype. Qli rely on combining pendulum summons with tribute summons. Tellarknights and Burning abyss use xyz. And the current top archetype, Nekroz, relies on ritual summons of all things.

Though that said, XYZ is probably going to be found in pretty much any deck since it doesn't require any special stuff (pendulum monster, tuner monster, or fusion card). Certain XYZ cards are a staple in pretty much any deck, most notably No. 101 Silent Honors Ark which is fairly easy to summon and can turn the game around in an instant by absorbing an opponent's special summoned monster

bumpkin

THat's a really, really bad idea if you want to do well. Most OG cards are trash, and most of the decent ones are too OP and are forbidden or limited
So speaking of XYZ's, how do they generally work? Taking this one for example:

300px-AlchemicMagician-REDU-EN-SR-1E.png

Is it basically like if I have 3 Level 4 Spellcasters on the field, I can special summon her or does it act like Polymerization and it can be any combination of on-field and in-hand?

And moreover, what is the advantage to giving up 3 monsters for 1, how is it any better than just doing any other normal tribute summon?

Top Bottom