• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Fj0823

Can anyone come up with a good Harpie deck? I'm not the best with deck making yet, so many cards and different archtypes and stuff.

I decided I wanted to try either a Harpie deck or an Elemental Hero deck and decided on the former after rewatching some YGO with Mai >_>.

So yeah, sorry to ask but can anyone help out a little? I have an idea in terms of Monsters (like only being able to use 3 harpie ladies and the Harpies Pet Dragon and Pet Baby Dragon) but that's all I can come up with :/

lucky for you my best friend plays harpies I know the deck very well! :D

these are the cards you need.

Monsters

3 harpie lady 1
3 harpie queen
3 harpie channeler
2 harpie dancer
2 harpie harpist (not sure if its in the game)
1-2 Harpie's Pet Dragon
1 Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind
1 Blackwing, Zephyros the elite
1 Genex Ally Birdman

Spells
2-3 Hysteric sign
2-3 Elegant Egotist
3 Harpie's hunting ground
0-1 harpie lady phoenix formation

Traps
3 Icarus Attack
2-3 Hysteric Party

Synchros
clear wing Synchro dragon (not in the game)
black rose dragon
ancient fairiy dragon
Star Eater
any other level 7 Synchro you like

Xyz
Ice Beast Zerophyne
Raid Raptor- Rise Falcon
Harpie's pet phantasmal dragon
Number 11 Big Eye
mecha phantom Beast dracossack

any rank 4 o 7 Xyz you like

the rest is the usual staples

So speaking of XYZ's, how do they generally work? Taking this one for example:

300px-AlchemicMagician-REDU-EN-SR-1E.png

Is it basically like if I have 3 Level 4 Spellcasters on the field, I can special summon her or does it act like Polymerization and it can be any combination of on-field and in-hand?

And moreover, what is the advantage to giving up 3 monsters for 1, how is it any better than just doing any other normal tribute summon?
They have to be on the field. But it's incredibly simple in most cases to summon them, because most only require two monsters of the same level. Very few actually require 3 (and even rarer are ones that require 4, but those are usually intended to be summoned through rank up spell cards)

these are the cards you need.

Monsters

3 harpie lady 1
3 harpie queen
3 harpie channeler
2 harpie dancer
2 harpie harpist (not sure if its in the game)
1-2 Harpie's Pet Dragon
1 Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind
1 Blackwing, Zephyros the elite
1 Genex Ally Birdman

Spells
2-3 Hysteric sign
2-3 Elegant Egotist
3 Harpie's hunting ground
0-1 harpie lady phoenix formation

Traps
3 Icarus Attack
2-3 Hysteric Party

Synchros
clear wing Synchro dragon
black rose dragon
ancient fairiy dragon
Star Eater
any other level 7 Synchro you like

Xyz
Ice Beast Zerophyne
Harpie's pet phantasmal dragon
Number 11 Big Eye
mecha phantom Beast dracossack

any rank 4 o 7 Xyz you like

You might want to add clear wing isn't in the game right now

Is it basically like if I have 3 Level 4 Spellcasters on the field, I can special summon her or does it act like Polymerization and it can be any combination of on-field and in-hand?

The former

And moreover, what is the advantage to giving up 3 monsters for 1, how is it any better than just doing any other normal tribute summon?

Same reason why you would go for fusion monsters, higher ATK/DEF or specific effects (read the card description of that Alchemic Magician card.) There are also more support cards that makes XYZ monsters more flexible than regular normal/effect monster.

I've messaged/feiend requested Sayah on PSN but he hasn't replied..
how long do i wait before he gets disqualified as a no show? lol
he's banned here so not like i can message him on here either
I'd go with about 24 hours or so. If you get no response after that, I guess we can go ahead and count it as a loss for them.

So speaking of XYZ's, how do they generally work? Taking this one for example:

300px-AlchemicMagician-REDU-EN-SR-1E.png

Basically, you would put the three Level 4 monsters on top of each other, with Alchemic Magician on the top of the stack. The monster cards underneath her are called XYZ Material. You detach (Put it in the graveyard) the XYZ Materials to use her abilities.

XYZ monsters of lower Rank (They don't use Levels) tend to have less attack you would usually expect from getting rid of two monsters for it, but they usually have great abilities. They're also much easier to summon than a monster that requires tributes, since it's always available to special summon from your extra deck.

bumpkin

Basically, you would put the three Level 4 monsters on top of each other, with Alchemic Magician on the top of the stack. The monster cards underneath her are called XYZ Material. You detach (Put it in the graveyard) the XYZ Materials to use her abilities.
Is the XYZ monster destroyed after all of its materials have been used up?

Stuart444

Not sure what the usual stables are XD.

But ignoring that, a few questions:

1. for cards that aren't in the game, is it fine to just replace them with whatever? (at least until they add them assuming they do?)

2. Do I just fill up the extra deck until it's filled? (since you say any other rank 4/7 XYZ monsters)

3. Does it matter if it's Harpie Lady 1? or can I use Harpie Lady 2 and 3 since they are just treated as "Harpie Lady" and thus can only have 3 of them in total.

Besides this, time to hunt for cards.

Fj0823

Not sure what the usual stables are XD.

But ignoring that, a few questions:

1. for cards that aren't in the game, is it fine to just replace them with whatever? (at least until they add them assuming they do?)

2. Do I just fill up the extra deck until it's filled? (since you say any other rank 4/7 XYZ monsters)

3. Does it matter if it's Harpie Lady 1? or can I use Harpie Lady 2 and 3 since they are just treated as "Harpie Lady" and thus can only have 3 of them in total.

Besides this, time to hunt for cards.

1.Sure, just remember to add them when they update the game as they are really good

2. Yes, the more options you have the better, Fill it with as much variety as you can. Protection effects, Damage effects, even field nuking effects like "Evilswarm Exciton Knight" or uncounterable monster removal like "Number 101: Silent Honor ARK" . Experiment and find what works best

3. Harpie Lady 1 has the best effect. 2 and 3 are pretty terrible compared to a +300 for all your monsters

Stuart444

1.Sure, just remember to add them when they update the game as they are really good

2. Yes, the more options you have the better, Fill it with as much variety as you can. Protection effects, Damage effects etc. Experiment and find what works best

3. Harpie Lady 1 has the best effect. 2 and 3 are pretty terrible compared to a +300 for all your monsters

Haha, fair enough, thanks for the help. :)

edit: seems harpie harpist isn't in the game so I'll have to choose something else for it. Ah well.

Listonosh

So since I'm realizing that 99% of my cards are OG cards, and I'm not sure whether I want to go ham on buying structured decks, would it make sense for me to buy the Battle Pack 3 booster box for example? I know that's more fitted for draft play, but the description says you could make potential structured decks out of the cards there.

Would you guys suggest this over buying structured decks? I don't think I ever aim to play on a tournament level, but with buddies definitely.

bumpkin

Nope unless the card says so (Like Number 39:Utopia)

In fact some Xyz can only use their effects AFTER they've been used up
Ah, gotcha.

Spent a little bit of time searching for XYZ's that play off of types in my deck and aren't able to find any of the ones I want in the Google Doc of booster pack cards. That doesn't bode well. :(

bumpkin

Which ones do you want? People here might be able to help
These were the ones I found that sounded like good options...

Dark Magic Knight Magion
Dark Summoner
Kharla, Cute Witch
Magi Magi Magician Striker
Number 39: Utopia (yeah, from the OP)
Timeless Phantom Witch

I don't know off-hand which XYZs I've amassed in my trunk, but I don't think I've seen any of these particular ones yet.

Dark Magic Knight Magion
Dark Summoner
Kharla, Cute Witch
Timeless Phantom Witch

I don't know off-hand which XYZs I've amassed in my trunk, but I don't think I've seen any of these particular ones yet.

Utopia I'm sure will be the signature card for yuma in one of the zexal reverse duels. The others I'm less sure of

Sou Da

Dark Magic Knight Magion
Dark Summoner
Kharla, Cute Witch
Timeless Phantom Witch

I'm pretty sure these cards aren't TCG. Or real.

Fj0823

Dark Magic Knight Magion
Dark Summoner
Kharla, Cute Witch
Timeless Phantom Witch

Those sound like anime cards from Zexal fillers
Could you post some pics, just to be sure?

If you want spellcasters, synchro is a good option too with the amazing archanite magician and great tuners like Nights end sorcerer

bumpkin

I don't know, maybe they aren't? I just was going off a Google search. I didn't dig much deeper than that. They looked legit, but images can be deceiving in this day and age.

I just found this list, might look for something from this instead. Has anyone seen these in the game anywhere?

Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
Evilswarm Thanatos
Number 82: Heartlandraco
Number 85: Crazy Box
Number 103: Ragnazero
Performage Trapeze Magician

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Finally got around to playing it. Gameplay feels good. I like the pro setting for prompt skips.

My newbie friend mentioned to me that monster attributes aren't actually in the text description; you have to know the symbols from the cards, hah!

Does anyone know how I can view cards that my opponent adds to their hand when searched from the deck? The check field button doesn't allow me to, and there's my history to speak of. Do I just have to quickly read the names (which some are cut off) and look it up myself?

Wichu

So since I'm realizing that 99% of my cards are OG cards, and I'm not sure whether I want to go ham on buying structured decks, would it make sense for me to buy the Battle Pack 3 booster box for example? I know that's more fitted for draft play, but the description says you could make potential structured decks out of the cards there.

Would you guys suggest this over buying structured decks? I don't think I ever aim to play on a tournament level, but with buddies definitely.

Don't bother with boosters. You'll get 90% unplayable trash, and won't get enough good cards to make a cohesive deck. Structure Decks are great because you can just get three of the same one and have enough cards to make a consistent themed deck.

If there's a deck you like in this game, just buy the individual cards from somewhere like TCGPlayer. It'll be way better than anything you could make out of a booster box, and unless you've filled it with valuable cards, cheaper too.

Listonosh

Don't bother with boosters. You'll get 90% unplayable trash, and won't get enough good cards to make a cohesive deck. Structure Decks are great because you can just get three of the same one and have enough cards to make a consistent themed deck.

If there's a deck you like in this game, just buy the individual cards from somewhere like TCGPlayer. It'll be way better than anything you could make out of a booster box, and unless you've filled it with valuable cards, cheaper too.

Thanks for the tip. I never really bought into boosters, but figured with a booster box I might have had better luck.

Now, for the PS4 game, is there any indication at what kind of cards each character sells in the boosters? Or an indication if you get a 100% of their cards? Or can you just infinitely keep buying boosters

Number 39: Utopia is real at least.
It's in the Astral's challenge deck, which is named Utopia.

At least that's what I remember.

Thanks for the tip. I never really bought into boosters, but figured with a booster box I might have had better luck.

Now, for the PS4 game, is there any indication at what kind of cards each character sells in the boosters? Or an indication if you get a 100% of their cards? Or can you just infinitely keep buying boosters

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iPJdTfioBnj3E/htmlview?sle=true#gid=524163562

I need the people who have yet to duel in the Loser's Bracket to get their matches done very soon. Please contact your partners and schedule a time.

Started watching Arc-V.

Intro is garbo, but the show is hype and the ending is cool lol
I know you didn't just diss that BELIEVE x BELIEVE hype!!

I wish we had Rank 10 Trains in the US, but its an OCG only archtype at the moment, the trains are SOOOOO to use, but, because they are not out in the US yet, this game will not be getting them ANYTIME soon.

I mean it, LOOK AT THIS SHIT: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_81:_Superdreadnought_Rail_Cannon_Superior_Dora
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Superdreadnought_Rail_Cannon_Gustav_Max
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Freight_Train_Derricrane
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Express_Knight

I played it on YGOPro, and they make rank 10 XYZ SUPER easy, I want to play this deck against real people too guys!

Kouriozan

Started watching Arc-V.

Intro is garbo, but the show is hype and the ending is cool lol
That's also why I'm watching the Japanese version with subs, I can't bear the changes they made while localizing it.
I heard they changed the musics and found the Japenese ones very good.

HabeeNo

I know you didn't just diss that BELIEVE x BELIEVE hype!!

That's also why I'm watching the Japanese version with subs, I can't bear the changes they made while localizing it.

Yeah I'm watching in Japanese lol

To be fair, it's just a first impression, so I might've jumped the gun when calling it garbo, it might grow on me lolol

Sou Da

Still can't get into a toy commercial anime if doesn't use the english names, I can bear the cheesiness of the dub, the show itself is better than I thought.

I wish we had Rank 10 Trains in the US, but its an OCG only archtype at the moment, the trains are SOOOOO to use, but, because they are not out in the US yet, this game will not be getting them ANYTIME soon.

I mean it, LOOK AT THIS SHIT: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_81:_Superdreadnought_Rail_Cannon_Superior_Dora
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Superdreadnought_Rail_Cannon_Gustav_Max
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Freight_Train_Derricrane
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Express_Knight

I played it on YGOPro, and they make rank 10 XYZ SUPER easy, I want to play this deck against real people too guys!

I've used Superdreadnought in the PS4 game a few times. Very fun card to use when I can actually summon it.

bumpkin

I beat Bumpkin 2-0 GGs, sorry about that game 2 play.
I got jack shit both rounds on my draws, I was not happy. I almost surrendered when I saw you summon your first monster in the first round because I knew there was no way I was going to win; I lost to a similar strategy in my first match. I made adjustments to get rid of the two banned cards I had in my deck and to try and deal with those situations better, but apparently not enough of an adjustment.

Oh well, good luck to you and the others who are still in it!

Thanks for posting your scores, guys. Congrats to the winners!

Due to not responding to messages from their opponent for over 24 hours, Sayah has been disqualified from the tournament. Neither (The GAFer) is moving on to the next round.

Ugh, me and shadowcreep seem to have run into a bug or something, because in the middle of our game the game just seemed to stop and it's still doing nothing. According to Shadowcreep, it seems like both of us are experiencing a situation where the other is supposedly "thinking". I'm wondering if we should just restart the match, since we're still early in the first round

Ugh, me and shadowcreep seem to have run into a bug or something, because in the middle of our game the game just seemed to stop and it's still doing nothing. According to Shadowcreep, it seems like both of us are experiencing a situation where the other is supposedly "thinking". I'm wondering if we should just restart the match, since we're still early in the first round

Konami please, I don't feel good about how that went down

Sandfox

You might as well just replay it.

Konami please, I don't feel good about how that went down
Aw man, that completely sucks! =/

This is the first I've heard of an issue like this though. I wonder what caused it. Was there some kind of complex play that caused the game to error? Or was it kind of random?

We ended up replaying. I lost 2-0. It sucks though since that first round I was in a really good position based on the field and my hand

Yeah I had a decent hand but nothing game winning was going to take at least 2 turns to make a play if i didn't get a godlike topdeck, but i had some stuff to hold out for a turn at least. The reset gave me great hands with answers to everything, feels kind of bad. GGs either way

Yeah I had a decent hand but nothing game winning was going to take at least 2 turns to make a play if i didn't get a godlike topdeck, but i had some stuff to hold out for a turn at least. The reset gave me great hands with answers to everything, feels kind of bad. GGs either way

Yeah, GG. Get to the finals, so I can say that at least the people who were in the finals were both people who beat me LOL

If only I had milled breakthrough draw on the turn before last with my Judgement's skill. That would have been the miracle that would've let me win since I could've activated it from the graveyard

Thanks for posting your scores, guys. Congrats to the winners!

Due to not responding to messages from their opponent for over 24 hours, Sayah has been disqualified from the tournament. Neither (The GAFer) is moving on to the next round.

I apologize for throwing a bit of a wrench into the tournament here. Neither is my next opponent and everything is waiting on our match to happen to move forward. I have an exam tomorrow evening which I'll be getting back home from around 24 hours from now, so it's possible that our match may not happen until Wednesday depending on scheduling. I hope that's not too much of a delay for everyone left in the tournament. If it is, then I will forfeit to not slow you guys down.

We ended up replaying. I lost 2-0. It sucks though since that first round I was in a really good position based on the field and my hand
Man, that sucks.

I apologize for throwing a bit of a wrench into the tournament here. Neither is my next opponent and everything is waiting on our match to happen to move forward. I have an exam tomorrow evening which I'll be getting back home from around 24 hours from now, so it's possible that our match may not happen until Wednesday depending on scheduling. I hope that's not too much of a delay for everyone left in the tournament. If it is, then I will forfeit to not slow you guys down.
I personally would be okay with that, but it depends on what everyone else wants to do. I'd hate for you to have to forfeit because of an exam. And it helps that you let us know beforehand.

What do you other remaining members think?

Top Bottom