• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Sandfox

Man, that sucks.

I personally would be okay with that, but it depends on what everyone else wants to do. I'd hate for you to have to forfeit because of an exam. And it helps that you let us know beforehand.

What do you other remaining members think?

I can wait.

So i took my syncro deck online to ranked matches and i gotta say, im pretty pleased with it, much better than my attempt at a xyz w/ level limit as support. Normally my top priority is to either summon stardust dragon or some plant syncro whos name i dont remember(its effect is that once per turn it can negate a spell or trap. From there i just wing it :p either i set up a pretty nice deck or i went against trashy players cause i did 5 matches and won all of em, by a lot

So i took my syncro deck online to ranked matches and i gotta say, im pretty pleased with it, much better than my attempt at a xyz w/ level limit as support. Normally my top priority is to either summon stardust dragon or some plant syncro whos name i dont remember(its effect is that once per turn it can negate a spell or trap. From there i just wing it :p either i set up a pretty nice deck or i went against trashy players cause i did 5 matches and won all of em, by a lot

If you like Synchros, try out this deck that a well known Yu-Gi-Oh youtuber made(Yu-Gi-Oh 4 Real Men), basically called Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann(AKA Synchon Extreme), I made a video for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrQ-MjtdvpU so you can check it out, and see if you like it!

Kouriozan

Oh, look who I found in the game's files.

adJdXff.jpg

Yep, that's Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. Nobody found it yet too.
Sooo, when's the ARC-V DLC, I need it now >.<

bumpkin

Yeah, GG. Get to the finals, so I can say that at least the people who were in the finals were both people who beat me LOL
Pretty much! I mean if this tourney taught me anything it's that my deck needs serious work. It's loosely based on my real life deck from like 12-ish years ago that usually held its own against a lot of others' decks that my local friends had. I'd feel a little less like a huge loser if someone who kicked my teeth in came out on top.

The card combos that did me in felt wicked OP, like the sort of stuff that I'm surprised isn't banned or limited. They made a banned card I accidentally used in my first match (Chaos Emperor Dragon) seem like a minor infraction. lol.

The funny thing is in my second match I had some XYZs in my extra deck and probably had chances to use them but didn't even think about 'em; out of sight (not in my hand), out of mind. Doubt they'd have changed the outcome though.

Shadowcreep: I'm sorry for being a poor sport. That play at the end of the second duel felt like insult to injury, is all. :(

Varth

Getting a card game witchdrawal after Gwent.

Is the demo worth a download to get an idea on the game? What does it contain?

Recall

I'm having a hard time constructing a deck that is consistent against the challenge mode. I've got 2005 cards in the trunk but still not enough for a complete deck recipe or even a competitive deck.

I'm still trying to grind out cards for a six sam deck with my warrior equip deck but it's very slow going.

I didn't record any of my matches. And even if I did, I would hold off until it's all over so that my opponent's deck didn't get revealed before they were done

Shadowcreep: I'm sorry for being a poor sport. That play at the end of the second duel felt like insult to injury, is all. :(

It's all good I know how it must have felt to be in that situation these newer cards are all so fast and consistent. I'm still learning how these combos into XYZ cards and what not work, I just happened to know one and had the cards for it while you didn't have an option to stop it.

Oh, look who I found in the game's files.

Yep, that's Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. Nobody found it yet too.
Sooo, when's the ARC-V DLC, I need it now >.<

that reminds me, uh how are they going to replicate SPOILERS
Yuto's duels
when only two of his cards have been printed...

Recall

I've finally made the Six Samurai deck and it runs perfectly and I used to to mop up the reverse duels for the campaign of just old Yu-Gi-Oh getting it to 100%. GX next I guess.

jwk94

Just played through some of the demo. Damn is this game fun. I only did the OG cmapaign though. I kinda stopped watching with GX, and I'm not sure how much fun I'd have with all the advanced rules. How's this as a solo game? Will we get any more campaign DLC?

neither

does anyone who have a decent deck and play online get rage quit on?
i swear more than half the matches i play people quit, it's frustrating cause the win doesn't register.

Fj0823

does anyone who have a decent deck and play online get rage quit on?
i swear more than half the matches i play people quit, it's frustrating cause the win doesn't register.

Haven't played this game online, but my experience with ragequits usually goes like this:

*Plays against someone using a Yugi Deck replica*

*Activate a Pendulum*

*Guy quits and sends me hatemail for not using "real cards"*

That or I play a meta deck, guy quits and sends me hatemail for being OP.

Stuart444

Just played through some of the demo. Damn is this game fun. I only did the OG cmapaign though. I kinda stopped watching with GX, and I'm not sure how much fun I'd have with all the advanced rules. How's this as a solo game? Will we get any more campaign DLC?

Well each campaign mode starts off with a tutorial with the new type of summons if that's a concern. Also Arc-V campaign DLC is supposed to be coming at some point.

Recall

So which yu-gi-oh game is considered the best to own on any console? I feel this really fulfilled my itch but is there a title everyone loves or feels is the best? I remember hearing how much people love the GBA titles.

jwk94

So which yu-gi-oh game is considered the best to own on any console? I feel this really fulfilled my itch but is there a title everyone loves or feels is the best? I remember hearing how much people love the GBA titles.
Duelist of the Roses on PS2 is still my favorite. Shame we never got something like that again.

Well each campaign mode starts off with a tutorial with the new type of summons if that's a concern. Also Arc-V campaign DLC is supposed to be coming at some point.

Hmm, are the new summons easy to adjust to?

Listonosh

They're not that bad, and this is coming from someone who hasn't played a match in like 10 years, possibly more. Synchro, XYZ and now Pendulum are all new summons that I wasn't familiar with but the game does a pretty good job at teaching you the ins and outs. The only thing I really don't like during those tutorials is that your opponent makes some sort of combo move, and I always want to know what it is, but it happens to fast that I miss it. I kind of love the way the shows always deeply explained the process behind each turn.

Sou Da

They're not that bad, and this is coming from someone who hasn't played a match in like 10 years, possibly more. Synchro, XYZ and now Pendulum are all new summons that I wasn't familiar with but the game does a pretty good job at teaching you the ins and outs. The only thing I really don't like during those tutorials is that your opponent makes some sort of combo move, and I always want to know what it is, but it happens to fast that I miss it. I kind of love the way the shows always deeply explained the process behind each turn.

These games need a log.

Fj0823

Duelist of the Roses on PS2 is still my favorite. Shame we never got something like that again.

Yes,and you'll find old cards getting a massive Power Up from them. Like Harpies and Red-Eyes (Xyz) and Blue-Eyes (Synchro)

Xyz seems to be the most popular with newer player as it's the easiest to perform. But all of them are simple and provide a good reward when pulled off correctly

Zalman

I have to say I'm not really digging Pendulum summoning. I thought Synchro was a cool idea, I was indifferent about Xyz, but Pendulum is one that I just don't get. It feels like I'm playing a completely different game. I think very differently compared to before.

Maybe it'll click for me later, but as of right now I don't like what it has done to the game.

I have to say I'm not really digging Pendulum summoning. I thought Synchro was a cool idea, I was indifferent about Xyz, but Pendulum is one that I just don't get. It feels like I'm playing a completely different game. I think very differently compared to before.

Maybe it'll click for me later, but as of right now I don't like what it has done to the game.
Well then it's a good thing Pendulum Summoning isn't very good right now outside of the Qli archtype.

Most decks can't just splash in Pendulum monsters. Not like you can with XYZ monsters at least, and to a lesser extent, Synchros. They're also more easily stopped than those other types. (S/T destruction hurts them a lot)

Kouriozan

Pendulum has some potential, but you need to mix it the Yuya's way, with Fusion/Xyz/Synchro.
Well, he didn't synchro yet in the anime but that should happen soon.

Fj0823

Yes, on its own Pendulum summon is not that good.

Its best used as a way to enhance another type of summon (or all of them).

Dark Magician loves Pendulums BTW, so good.

Sou Da

Yes, on its own Pendulum summon is not that good.

Its best used as a way to enhance another type of summon (or all of them).

Dark Magician loves Pendulums BTW, so good.

Seen a lot of Magician support but never a single strong Magician card like with the new eyes dragons.

Fj0823

Seen a lot of Magician support but never a single strong Magician card like with the new eyes dragons.

the pendulums can be easily searched in order to pendulum summon dark magician, using all the existent generic spellcaster support it's possible to have a dark Magician deck focused on pendulum summoning Dark Magician/Dark Magician Girl and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

Then you can Xyz summon into Illusion Magician and get another free Dark Magician with it's effect, or use "The Eye of Timaeus" to get a good Fusion

I´m still woorking on it but so far so good.

Holy crap Sir_Android... those were the most intense duels I've possibly ever played. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! Holy crap...

I ended up winning 2-1, although not by much. Every single duel could've gone both ways, and I just barely managed to scrape by. Thanks for the duels!

Holy crap Sir_Android... those were the most intense duels ever. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! Holy crap...

I ended up winning 2-1, although just barely. Every single duel could've gone both ways. I just barely managed to scrape by. Thanks for the duels!

Yeah, definitely my favourite set of duels the whole tournament.

Urthor

I mean if this game is updated with Dimensions of Chaos/Clash of Rebellions then you can most certainly have non-Qli pendulum decks up the wazoo if you want. Igknights are pretty strong.

Murkas

Sorry if this has been answered before but how does unlocking recipes work? Like I would unlock someone's challenge recieoe deck, go into the edit menu and it says I need some cards, so I fight someone who drops the card as a reward but when I go back into the deck edit menu to see my progress on that reciepe it still says I'm missing the card and have none in my trunk, yet if I make a brand new deck then I'll have them in the trunk.

Noticed this happening when I unlocked Zane challenge deck and wanted to use it after following the recommendations earlier on in the thread.

Apart from that, having fun with Cyber Dragons again.

Weird this game wasn't released in Japan, maybe they are waiting for the ARC-V story to hit before releasing it there.

Japan's card game is actually seperate from the the US. There are two different versions, the TCG (West's version) and OCG (Japan and asia version). It's really weird that they're seperate, but they are. There are even some cards unique to each

Kouriozan

Solo stuff done, now I can build some decks.

arKRaiJ.png

Japan's card game is actually seperate from the the US. There are two different versions, the TCG (West's version) and OCG (Japan and asia version). It's really weird that they're seperate, but they are. There are even some cards unique to each

Ah, I see, I saw some people mentioning OCG without realizing what it meant.

Top Bottom