• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

bumpkin

Solo stuff done, now I can build some decks.

arKRaiJ.png
Lucky. The tribute summon trophy won't work for me no matter what I do.

Sorry if this has been answered before but how does unlocking recipes work? Like I would unlock someone's challenge recieoe deck, go into the edit menu and it says I need some cards, so I fight someone who drops the card as a reward but when I go back into the deck edit menu to see my progress on that reciepe it still says I'm missing the card and have none in my trunk, yet if I make a brand new deck then I'll have them in the trunk.

Noticed this happening when I unlocked Zane challenge deck and wanted to use it after following the recommendations earlier on in the thread.

Apart from that, having fun with Cyber Dragons again.

It usually means you don't have enough copies of the card, so if it dropped for you and went to check it in the recipe it would still show the caution triangle thing because you don't have the 2 or 3 copies needed in the recipe

Fj0823

Sorry if this has been answered before but how does unlocking recipes work? Like I would unlock someone's challenge recieoe deck, go into the edit menu and it says I need some cards, so I fight someone who drops the card as a reward but when I go back into the deck edit menu to see my progress on that reciepe it still says I'm missing the card and have none in my trunk, yet if I make a brand new deck then I'll have them in the trunk.

Noticed this happening when I unlocked Zane challenge deck and wanted to use it after following the recommendations earlier on in the thread.

Apart from that, having fun with Cyber Dragons again.

How are you playing your Cyber Dragons?
Are you using the Xyz enabling monsters and traps?

Share your thoughts, I'm currently building C ydra IRL

mack_a_tsar

Neo Member
Sorry if this have been asked, but is this game available on Asia region? And does anyone know if Dark World deck is still relevant?
Very interested on the game, just want to know if I must make an US psn account first to play it.

Hi all. I loved this game when I was in high school back in 2003/2004. I remember when Yatagarasu came out and I had 3 in my deck! Then the next week they limited him to 1 per deck. I won my city's league 3x in a row and I was stupid and decided to retire. Well, 11 years later, I regret that decision, a lot. I sold all of my cards back then as well. I've been regretting it all for a while now. I bought boxes and boxes and had binders and 1st editions of everything in the first 5 or so expansions including the base.

How's the game now? I need to catch up on the rules in the OP. But curious if anyone used to play it then and what they think?

At least I still have my 3 trophies

7nwwjkbh.jpg

bumpkin

Hi all. I loved this game when I was in high school back in 2003/2004. I remember when Yatagarasu came out and I had 3 in my deck! Then the next week they limited him to 1 per deck. I won my city's league 3x in a row and I was cocky and decided to retire. Well, 11 years later, I regret that decision, a lot. I sold all of my cards back then as well.

How's the game now? I need to catch up on the rules in the OP. But curious if anyone used to play it then and what they think?

7nwwjkbh.jpg
Fucking Yatagarasu... lol.

I got out of the TCG shortly after the last OG booster series, "Ancient Sanctuary" and I frequently find the new cards ridiculous.

Sou Da

Hi all. I loved this game when I was in high school back in 2003/2004. I remember when Yatagarasu came out and I had 3 in my deck! Then the next week they limited him to 1 per deck. I won my city's league 3x in a row and I was stupid and decided to retire. Well, 11 years later, I regret that decision, a lot. I sold all of my cards back then as well. I've been regretting it all for a while now. I bought boxes and boxes and had binders and 1st editions of everything in the first 5 or so expansions including the base.

7nwwjkbh.jpg

Game is still pretty great I think, I stopped playing around when lvl monsters when introduced. Got back into it because of ygopro and I enjoy the new archetypes.

I ended up beating Shadowcreep 2-1. It went back and forth a little, and one of my plays felt way too dirty. ( ._.)

Thanks for the games, man!

Now on to fight macklelol again... ;_;

Fj0823

7nwwjkbh.jpg

I play since 2003, games being my hobby for a long while. Though I never play competitively

I used to play a Yugi deck, which evolved into a Magician deck after the release of
Magician's Force and remained that way until the Magician Synchros hit in Crimson Crisis, after that it became a Spell Counter deck focused on Synchro summoning Arcanite Magician. When the Xyz hit, I tried to make it use all types of summons.it failed hard

Then the Galaxy Archetype was released and I fell in love, its been my main for almost 3 years now.

Game sure has changed, but the fun is always there.

Also, those are some Cool trophys

Was there any other card in play at the time?

Yeah, something else had to have been in motion to keep that alive. Do you remember the field, or have in saved via the Share button?

His two monsters were Leo and Giganticastle (which was destroyed by Mirror Force) and one face down spell/trap. On my field was a Gagaga Cowboy, a Fiendish Chain (attached to nothing) and Mirror Force.

I hit share kind of late and the video starts right before I activate Mirror Force. I can get the video up to show in case there's something I missed if you want. Seriously wish this game had a text log of cards played and effects activated.

Fj0823

His two monsters were Leo and Giganticastle (which was destroyed by Mirror Force) and one face down spell/trap. On my field was a Gagaga Cowboy, a Fiendish Chain (attached to nothing) and Mirror Force.

I hit share kind of late and the video starts right before I activate Mirror Force. I can get the video up to show in case there's something I missed if you want. Seriously wish this game had a text log of cards played and effects activated.

Post the vid!

sounds like we have a mistery in our hands gang

EMT0

Banned
Man, this thread makes me feel old after reading it and realizing that XYZ monsters doesn't refer to those three monsters that combined to form fusion monsters(IIRC...?).

The positive reception's encouraging me to pick this up though.

Fj0823

Man, this thread makes me feel old after reading it and realizing that XYZ monsters doesn't refer to those three monsters that combined to form fusion monsters(IIRC...?).

The positive reception's encouraging me to pick this up though.

Xyz is not capitalized :D

Also that archetype is commonly called VWXYZ ever since "V-Tiger Jet" and "W-Catapult Cannon" were added to the deck (And the mecha)

Fj0823

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avbIWUCTBRM

He activates Yang Zing Creation after Mirror Force resolves, but that doesn't have anything to do with what happened. Maybe you guys can tell what that monster is in the graveyard if it had anything to do with it?

Did one of the materials for the Synchro Summon of Leo happened to be this guy??

300px-BixiWateroftheYangZing-DUEA-EN-SR-1E.png

When this card you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster from your Deck in Attack Position, except "Bixi, Water of the Yang Zing". You can only use this effect of "Bixi, Water of the Yang Zing" once per turn. Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using only "Yang Zing" monsters you control (this is a Quick Effect). A Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material is unaffected by Trap effects.

Did one of the materials for the Synchro Summon of Leo happened to be this guy??

Yeah, that has to be it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another question: How come Wild Fire destroys every Blaze Accelerator I control instead of just one? This happens every time. The effect says "Destroy a face-up "Blaze Accelerator" card you control and destroy all monsters on the field."

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yeah, that has to be it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another question: How come Wild Fire destroys every Blaze Accelerator I control instead of just one? This happens every time. The effect says "Destroy a face-up "Blaze Accelerator" card you control and destroy all monsters on the field."
;)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Blaze Accelerator isn't a monster though.
Oops! No idea then...

I doubt this is it, but reading the original Japanese text, it does not specify how many Blaze Accelerators it destroys. It's sort of ambiguous, which could be an artifact of the language (Japanese doesn't really have plurals), but IIRC, they're usually pretty rigid about their numbers in the text. Could possibly be a mistranslation?

Zalman

So my mission is to make a good Dark Magician deck and a good Blue-Eyes deck. I want to see how far I can take these classic cards with news mechanics like Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum (and even new Spells/Traps). What are some good support cards that have been added for these? I know Blue-Eyes got a cool Synchro counterpart (Azure-Eyes), and Dark Magician got an Xyz monster (Ebon Illusion Magician). Anything else similar to these?

Oh yeah, and I know Red-Eyes is getting a lot of support too lately. Just found out there's a Paladin of Dark Dragon. I got a kick out of that.

Fj0823

So my mission is to make a good Dark Magician deck and a good Blue-Eyes deck. I want to see how far I can take these classic cards with news mechanics like Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum (and even new Spells/Traps). What are some good support cards that have been added for these? I know Blue-Eyes got a cool Synchro counterpart (Azure-Eyes), and Dark Magician got an Xyz monster (Ebon Illusion Magician). Anything else similar to these?

Dark Magician + Pendulums, breh. Just use Star Gazer Magician, Time Gazer Magician and Odd-Eyes pendulum dragon

Fill the deck with generic spellcaster support, and add the eye of timaeus for fusion summon.

Pendulum summon level 7's for Ebon Illusion

Zalman

Dark Magician + Pendulums, breh. Just use Star Gazer Magician, Time Gazer Magician and Odd-Eyes pendulum dragon

Fill the deck with generic spellcaster support, and add the eye of timaeus for fusion summon.

Pendulum summon level 7's for Ebon Illusion
Thanks, I'll look into it. Got anything for Blue-Eyes and maybe Red-Eyes?

Kouriozan

Alright, I went ahead and uploaded the final matches from the tournament.

Finals Match 1 Game 1:
Finals Match 1 Game 2:

Finals Match 2 Game 1:
Finals Match 2 Game 2:
Finals Match 2 Game 3:

Thanks, I'm still pretty newbie in online battle so watching those might help me improve my online strategies in general.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
In which packs can I find Ancient Gear cards? I want to complete both of Dr. Crowler's recipes

Also any good Recipes to beat Seeker's Exodia deck on Challenge mode? His deck is stupidly cheesy. I recall that there are some spell cards where you declare a card and each copy of that card from your opponents deck is destroyed, maybe those could help

Murkas

How are you playing your Cyber Dragons?
Are you using the Xyz enabling monsters and traps?

Share your thoughts, I'm currently building C ydra IRL

I just ripped off Zane's challenge deck and tweaked it a bit, seems to work fine, having a lot of fun with it when it goes right.

bumpkin

Alright, I went ahead and uploaded the final matches from the tournament.

Finals Match 1 Game 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLNqYvSSolA
Finals Match 1 Game 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHFB9BPhFTI

Finals Match 2 Game 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8U1AROb6Pc
Finals Match 2 Game 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIjAQQ1lLk0
Finals Match 2 Game 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnR6JloHHVk
So you won it all, then? I don't see anyone declared a winner on the challonge page.

If so, 'grats! Now I don't feel so bad about losing to you. lol

Top Bottom